PDA

View Full Version : Offline mode... You know, OFFLINE?

Scopes
Aug 15, 2007, 07:09 PM
I'm going to still doubt it, but hey, I'll never know if I never ask. I know with PSU, the single player modes can be played without an internet connection on Xbox 360 and PS2. Sadly for those of us who don't have either of those said systems, and who don't have a nice broadband or any other kind of connection but the old phoneline, there's that dumb connecting to the internet thing. I'm not even going to start about nProtect, but I'm wondering if maybe someone finally worked out a way to play the offline mode OFFLINE.

Please don't give me lines about that being against the rules, or that I must be a hacker, or that I can just connect, hop on, then pull out the phone chord (it trys to reconnect, and kicks me out of the game). I'm just a guy in the year 2007 with a crappy phone connection who wants to play PSU since he finally got it tweaked enough it's actually PLAYABLE on his laptop.

Please also, don't give me overly-elaborate workarounds. I'm looking for something like a patch. Not buying a router, figuring how to get it working with a phone line, hopping on WiFi, etc.

Thanks all. And in the event someone does feel this is a violation of the rules, sorry. And if that's the case, but you have an idea... I'm not going to say anything in terms of letting me know...

(Thanks, guys.)

EDIT: In the interest of not getting a rappy thrown at me from a mod, I'll go with asking if anyone knows that it has difinititively been done, so I can look for it myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scopes on 2007-08-15 20:37 ]</font>

Yunfa
Aug 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
Sorry, but to be blunt...save up more money and get w/ the program.

Sinue_v2
Aug 15, 2007, 07:41 PM
I don't know how to connect via 56k, but it's possible. Shouldn't be a problem if you're just playing offline since in that mode the entire game plays and saves locally.

Scopes
Aug 15, 2007, 08:06 PM
Yunfa, not helpful, and not possible in my area. No lines.

Sinue, you CAN connect on a 56k line (if only I had that much >.>), the problem is it ties up my phone line, and I'd rather NOT keep my phone line plugged up for 18 hours in case I pull stints like I did with PSO. I too, think that if I'm playing offline, there shouldn't be any issue, but it still does all the checking, authenticating, and forces me to be online for anything past the origional splash screen.

Ryna
Aug 15, 2007, 08:09 PM
Word of Warning: Linking to any offline patches for the PC version of the game is considered a violation of the forum rules.

The other two versions should work just fine though.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 15, 2007, 08:58 PM
I'd say, if you don't have a PS2/XBOX360 yet, time to get one. Slim PS2s are what, 150?

Chuck_Norris
Aug 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
Try e-mailing Sega about it, Maybe they can make a patch you download.

Scopes
Aug 15, 2007, 10:33 PM
On 2007-08-15 18:09, Ryna wrote:
Word of Warning: Linking to any offline patches for the PC version of the game is considered a violation of the forum rules.

The other two versions should work just fine though.

Good to see you're still modding around, Ryna! I was concerned that it might be a violation, so we'll just edit the question and ask if anyone knows if it's actually been done. And well, if anyone has a knows of it... That won't be discussed on the forums because nobody likes bans ;D

Also, chuck_norris, if my past memories of SEGA still hold true, they'll just reply with a long email of why they won't do that, or they'll ignore it. But hey, I guess it's worth a shot.

And lastly (yay out of order replys!), beatrixkiddo, if I was going to buy an Xbox 360, I'd just buy a new computer. (DROPPING the Xbox discussion.) As to the PS2, I just don't have the free time to sink into ANOTHER system (yet I'm asking about stuff to play PSU... thanks, nobody needs to point out the hypocracy of that to me). Though, a friend of mine is going to sell me his old PS2 for $80.

Though, I was greatly considering buying a PS2 for PSU's launch. Then, I figured it'd run on my computer... Figured it'd save me time and hassle. Yeah, I shot wrong there. More trouble, and no Gundam games.

Alisha
Aug 16, 2007, 12:12 AM
i obviously cant link you to it but theres something called an offline loader that will allow you to launcr the game offline without going through gameguard.

Scopes
Aug 16, 2007, 01:20 AM
So it has been done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

In my readings since I started this thread, I did figure that more than one person made a gameguard emulator... Sounds like it does the job, not really what I was hoping for, but hey, it works... apparently.

*Goes to do a little more digging.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
On 2007-08-15 18:58, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I'd say, if you don't have a PS2/XBOX360 yet, time to get one. Slim PS2s are what, 150?

Yeah, I wanted to trade mine in until I found out I'd only get $25. I'm keeping it. My little stepbrother just went out last night and purchased a 360 Elite. Thing looks sweet.

Anyway, if you really want to play the offline mode, just go and purchase a used Playstation 2 from GameStop for...ummm...I think about $90. They have a 90-day exchange policy, so if it doesn't work, you can just trade it for a new one, and no worrying about losing your stuff since it's on the Memory Card.

A2K
Aug 16, 2007, 03:46 AM
Brand new PS2s are priced at $130 MSRP, but I believe a price drop to $100 is actually imminent before the holidays.

Ultie
Aug 16, 2007, 03:55 AM
you only need the internet to do the gameguard update, after that you can just disconect and the game will ceep on running. there is a patch for psu first instal for its gameguard (no updates or anything) to disable gameguard but i'm not gona go find it or post any links >=3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultie on 2007-08-16 01:56 ]</font>

Scopes
Aug 16, 2007, 09:33 AM
Wow, snafu on most of you there.
360NyTeMaRe, A2K, a friend of mine has a perfectly good oldschool PS2 that he's going to sell me for $80, like I said earlier. I don't know if I'll need to get some memory cards, or if he'll throw in one or two.

Ultie, as I said in my first post, disconnecting does work, because my dumb internet trys to reconnect and kicks me out (and yes, I've even turned off the "redial if connection is lost" box :/).