PDA

View Full Version : Why higher drop rates?

jayster
Aug 15, 2007, 08:39 PM
I dont understand why everyone wants higher drop rates. If they were really high and everyone who wanted something could find it within a day or 2. Then everyone would cap their level, find their weapons and quit in a couple months.

I'v always hit the level cap relatively fast and what keeps me going is better equipement. A big portion of this game is hunting, I can't tell you how long I'v hunted a shigga desta and found nothing. But each new day, is a new mission I set out to complete. If I spend a week searching a shigga desta and find it, then 2 weeks to find 2 blackbulls, then a week to find a deganha cannon, then another week to find my cati power. Within a month or 2, I'll have all the equipment I need and have nothing else to work towards, get bored and quit.

Please explain why you want drop rates increased?

KTani
Aug 15, 2007, 08:45 PM
Simple. I don't have time to play all day, because I have a job and other responsibilities. Not all of us are kids, or otherwise have nothing to do but play video games all day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I've been playing since around November (with a couple of months off when I had no internet access) and I'm only level 66 with 4 million meseta. I have no S-rank anything, and most of my equipment is B or lower A rank. I would LOVE to catch a break and actually find one of these "rares" you youngins go on about. I'll believe in 'em when I see one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Wallin
Aug 15, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-08-15 18:45, KTani wrote:
Simple. I don't have time to play all day, because I have a job and other responsibilities. Not all of us are kids, or otherwise have nothing to do but play video games all day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I've been playing since around November (with a couple of months off when I had no internet access) and I'm only level 66 with 4 million meseta. I have no S-rank anything, and most of my equipment is B or lower A rank. I would LOVE to catch a break and actually find one of these "rares" you youngins go on about. I'll believe in 'em when I see one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

QFT. I no longer have the time or patience to hunt for rares. I work 8 hours a day and sleep ~8 hours a day, the last thing I really want to do is grind solo for 8 hours for something I will undoubtedly never see. At that point, the usual "get off the computer and go outside" actually has a lot more merit than telling your friends and co-workers you spent the last 2 months killing Pannons and got absolutely nothing for it. It's sad enough to most people that you spend that much time playing, but it's even worse when you have nothing to show for it.

jayster
Aug 15, 2007, 08:50 PM

Dont worry, in my experiance, people with your circumstances often catch breaks and find something valuable in 1 or 2 runs. I guess it's fates way of balancing life out =P I'v played since launch and some people who have played since febuary have 10x better stuff than me lol.

TheBlackDeath
Aug 15, 2007, 08:52 PM
I suppose the reason people want higher drop rates is because they do thousands upon millions of runs for a single item while another person just runs through every mission on a planet and comes up with an inventory full of S rank boards. Perhaps because of this they feel that if drop rates were higher there might be a chance that they themselves could actually get one. That wouldn't be the case though because even if you did manage to find one after several runs that same other person would have every enemy in one mission dropping an S rank board. I know how these people feel because I'm one of them.

I haven't been on the game for that long but I've been here long enough to try to hunt for almost everything in the game, and I'm not just talking about a run here and there I've done missions looking for things at least a 100 times a day when I can even get the chance to get online. The best thing that I've ever gotten before was a katsuno-zashi board which dropped from a jarba in the middle of a lab recovery S2 run which I was running for money like I always have before. I was in a full party and by some fluke it dropped and went to me. Now the thing is my character is level 77 now and I've done that mission at least 10x more than any other and I've only seen the board drop ONCE. To top it off it's for a 9* weapon that's worth about 100k for a bad percentage. If that's not a shit poor droprate or just the most horrible bad luck on my part I don't know what to think of it.

RedX
Aug 15, 2007, 09:01 PM

I've got a question for you then. Why are you paying monthly for an online game? Online games are famous for eating through time. By the sound of it you would be better off with a offline RPG. You'll find better story, less time wasting tasks, and it'll cost you a lot less.

stukasa
Aug 15, 2007, 09:02 PM
KTani and TheBlackDeath said it perfectly already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I want higher drop rates, but only slightly. I understand what you mean when you say it wouldn't be fun to find everything easily, but considering that I have 1000 hours of playtime and have yet to even SEE an S-rank board drop, I think something needs to be done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif The best I've found is a Me / Quick and an SPS (I gave the SPS to a friend). As far as S-rank boards go, I'd think they were a myth if I hadn't seen them selling in players' shops. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Compare that to PSO. I only had 400 hours of playtime but I had a bunch of rares! PSU's drop rate is just plain awful. At least they could drop the real weapons instead of the boards. xD

HFlowen
Aug 15, 2007, 09:03 PM
1000+ hours and the best thing I've gotten is a puyoment aura.

GenesisDX
Aug 15, 2007, 09:04 PM
Because hunting like a madman for a weapon only to have it break it devastating. Sega should raise the drop rate and make it so that 1o* boards and up don't fail. Grinding is another story, good luck with that.

PALRAPPYS
Aug 15, 2007, 09:08 PM
Drop rates suck...

700 hours and no S ranks for my main. Got a Halp from rappies back in Easter, but I only use that on my alt.

250 hours on my main in PSO. Tons upon tons upon freaking tons. Even some good stuff too. Not crap.

DAMASCUS
Aug 15, 2007, 09:11 PM
Heck even if A rank boards dropped more that would be sweet too. As much money as you can blow on those puppies and still wind up with nothing. It almost seems like that stars should all move one notch down. 12* rares from S2 boss boxes...11* rares from S2 enemies...10* rares from S rank boss boxes and mini boss types...so on and so forth. That would make even more sense than a higher drop rate.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 15, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-08-15 19:01, RedX wrote:

I've got a question for you then. Why are you paying monthly for an online game? Online games are famous for eating through time. By the sound of it you would be better off with a offline RPG. You'll find better story, less time wasting tasks, and it'll cost you a lot less.

Well I can answer that question in my opinion. I pay because I love the Phantasy Star world, the experience, the community (not so much recently!), the gameplay, etc. Ill gladly pay 10 dollars a month even if I end up playing only 20 hours a month, which is something that Im used to being a full-time student and a part-time employee, because the game is still fun to me in the end, even if I dont have the latest weaponry.

Wallin
Aug 15, 2007, 09:23 PM
$10 a month is pretty much nothing for anyone who has a job, that's like two hours of work out of 23 work days, still cheaper than buying a new offline MMORPG for $50 every two weeks.

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 15, 2007, 09:25 PM
1. Having to run so many times and getting nothing to show for it gets incredibly tiresome.

2. In the event that you actually get something, you stil have to deal with the chance of the item actually becoming a monomate.

3. The way items are handed out by chance diminishes the badass factor of the weapons, knowing that any lucky numbnuts can get them.

4. Most likely the main reason for having drop rates so abysmal is to keep people playing, because those people would be bored with it after getting the best stuff---because the gameplay cannot stand up on its own merits and must rely on cut-corner tricks like shitty drop rates to keep people on, as opposed to having more and better things to work for (AoI should fix this), a more fun gameplay system (AoI will help on this, somewhat), a more immersive and/or rich world setting...basically, things that often keep people playing the same high-quality offline games for.

imfanboy
Aug 15, 2007, 09:34 PM
In case you haven't heard, in two weeks of constantly running Grove S2 looking for a 10* bow, doing one specific map because it had the most red robots, I killed 3353 red robots in 89 runs. I didn't ever see it, but that doesn't matter.

On my 89th run through, my game actually FROZE before I could finish the level.

Meantime, my friends who are rushing through the stage, not caring how many red robots they kill, not even caring what the stage is, have found FOUR of them.

I can't accept that. When I thought they'd at least killed an equal number of bots to my count, I could accept that; but finding out that they've killed far less and STILL found more 10* bows... No, fuck that.

Oh, by the way, they gave me the fourth 10* bow board, and it failed anyway. Fuck. I'm just going to wait until we get Famitsu or if we don't, I may cancel my account for a month or so - not like I need to be playing anyway, not with how tight money is this month...

CelestialBlade
Aug 15, 2007, 09:43 PM
On 2007-08-15 19:02, stukasa wrote:
KTani and TheBlackDeath said it perfectly already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I want higher drop rates, but only slightly. I understand what you mean when you say it wouldn't be fun to find everything easily, but considering that I have 1000 hours of playtime and have yet to even SEE an S-rank board drop, I think something needs to be done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif The best I've found is a Me / Quick and an SPS (I gave the SPS to a friend). As far as S-rank boards go, I'd think they were a myth if I hadn't seen them selling in players' shops. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Compare that to PSO. I only had 400 hours of playtime but I had a bunch of rares! PSU's drop rate is just plain awful. At least they could drop the real weapons instead of the boards. xD

I agree, increase the drop rates slightly just so things are just a little more findable, but not to the point where everyone and their dog has a fucking rare.

But rares are meant to be rare, and not everyone is going to find them just because you set out to hunt for them. Try not to let a game become a chore, if you're a person who easily gets frustrated or has very little patience, maybe doing nothing but rare-hunting isn't the best idea. Just have fun.

I've got a full-time job myself but I'm not going to use that as an excuse, nor am I going to whine about not having time because I have plenty of time. I don't have much because I tend to get bored easily, making me not the ideal rare-hunter. But it's not like you need them, I'm just here to have fun. And trying to call someone a "kid" for having free time isn't very mature, by the way.

RedX
Aug 15, 2007, 09:57 PM
On 2007-08-15 19:23, Wallin wrote:
$10 a month is pretty much nothing for anyone who has a job, that's like two hours of work out of 23 work days, still cheaper than buying a new offline MMORPG for $50 every two weeks.

Your right $10 a month is nothing, for anyone. But if your playing games that you can beat in two weeks with your "little time" then your ether picking up the wrong games or lying about how much time you have. Rares are meant to be rare, someone will always have more of them then you. It's all luck based, whether they have higher drop rates or not.

KTani
Aug 15, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-08-15 19:01, RedX wrote:

A good question, but the answer is simple: I want to play Phantasy Star, and PSU is the newest one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Also I had a good experience with PSO GC. I think the only things there that I never got were a Sealed J-Sword and Lavis Cannon. Everything else I wanted, I got at least once (Soul Banish, Demo Comet, Meteor Cudgel, Twin Blaze, Holy Ray, Rico's Earrings), and I also got a load of stuff I wasn't really looking for (Monkey King Bar x2, Berdysh, some other stuff I forgot), not to mention a surprising number of S-ranks (I played C-mode so much, I started running out of prizes to choose http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

And Typheros, lighten up. I was poking fun at myself for being older than half the PSU populace http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kion
Aug 15, 2007, 10:26 PM
I agree, drops should be raised. Anyone that says 1000+ hours and no S ranks is because S ranks have only been out the last few months. More than likely 850 of those hours have been spent from December til now continuing to play PSU for some hope that sega will be compitent enough to add S rank items in the next update. The other 150 of those hours has probably been spent spamming the S2 missions we have in which only a few enemies actually drop anything. Considdering the drops are impossible and take hundreds of runs just to find something, the only current ways to find an S rank are; 1) be really lucky, 2) spam the same mission until your eyes bleed, or 3) continually playing casually and hope the game throws you a bone in a month or two.

Edit: Basically it's not worth S rank hunting unless Famitsu makes an appearance. I'm just going to max out my characters' level and PA's and be happy if i find something coicidentally in the process of doing that.

And yeah, halarod and crea doubles did come out in december but area and boss drop rates are soo horrible that i don't think they really count. It wasn't until madbeast s2 that we really got huntable S ranks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-08-15 21:42 ]</font>

HFlowen
Aug 15, 2007, 10:49 PM
The first S ranks, Crea Double and Halarod appeared in mid December.

Seira7
Aug 15, 2007, 11:05 PM

[/quote]

I think a lot of us came from PSO hoping PSU would contain that same unique aspect that PSO offered - a game that appealed to a wide variety of people, casual, hardcore, you name it. PSO was very very unique in that respect. I met plenty of other on it like me, some that played hardcore - we all got along and had fun. Not that I want PSU to be PSO2, but thats a huge aspect I miss. I dont mean to generalize, but a lot of people I met in PSU that played religiously all seemed to have the same in common - no job. not in school. lived with mom n dad etc. Meh.

If I wanted a serious timesink, there are tons of games out there I could devote my life too. I thought this game would be different, but it ended up like many of the rest. I have a few pc mmos I play that I feel I can fit into my busy schedule and still enjoy - just because someone has a full time job or are serious about school doesnt mean they shouldnt be able to enjoy online games. If thats true then the only people that should play online games have nothing else to do? Sounds like the makings of a really bland community.

Sekani
Aug 15, 2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not so much sure if the drop rates need to be raised as much as there needs to be some sort of balance to it all. If the anecdotes from this forum are true, then I've come across more than my share of S-rank boards. Unfortunately, none of them were of any use to me.

In contrast, I know myself and some helpful friends have killed well over a thousand Vahras looking for a Two-headed Ragnus, and nothing. Someone else who was also hunting it gave up and just bought the thing.

It's almost as if the game is trying to tell us that hunting a rare is pointless, the only way you're gonna get anything is if you just happen to accidentally run into it. I can count the number of successful rare hunts I know of on one hand.

CelestialBlade
Aug 15, 2007, 11:18 PM
PSU isn't nearly as demanding as something like Everquest II or World of Warcraft. You don't NEED the rares to be competitive, in fact a grinded A-rank is better than most of the S-ranks available right now. My main is only 75 and I've only ever found one S-rank (by accident, a Hirokteri), but I still have a lot of fun and I have a lot of friends.

This community is waaaaaay different than a WoW community. We're not all a bunch of jerks and elitists. Most of us, anyway :P

SolomonGrundy
Aug 16, 2007, 12:59 AM
s rank boards failing is unthinkable with the current drop rates. Anyone remember the 10* CHAIN SAWD? 1/900 from a common enemy. totally findable

SOME rares should be hard...not ALL of them

stukasa
Aug 16, 2007, 01:05 AM
On 2007-08-15 20:26, Kion wrote:
Basically it's not worth S rank hunting unless Famitsu makes an appearance.
Oh don't worry, I gave up hunting S-ranks a long time ago. I prefer to keep my sanity. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I just try to hang around missions where S-ranks drop and hope that sooner or later I find one. Someday, maybe... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

kazuma56
Aug 16, 2007, 01:08 AM
i'm not going to lie... after being in the game since it started (november?) I'm only lvl 65 (or was it 66) and have only "capped" hunter and figh @ 10, I don't have a fully evolved PM as of yet (50), all my weapons are A ranks with **** percents, i don't have any skill/bullet PA maxed nor have a synthed anything worth a damn.

But I DID get a mugunruk on my first run with a random party... and consequently before the night ended had a Creasaud, Hiragi-senba and a twin crea saber board to show for it... granted the spear was the only S rank worth a damn out of all the things found... but although I don't have as much time as I did during my time with PSO (Got all the best equips for my RAmar) the whole "life balancing/fair play" thing somehow did work in my case.

in short, I would love to get instant gratification when playing PSU but ultimately that's what probably killed my "fascination" with PSO BB once A dangerous deal was released.

Apone
Aug 16, 2007, 01:36 AM
Drop rates should be "adjusted" I know plenty of people who havent been on this game nearly as long and theyre up to there eyeballs in S ranks.There needs to be better distribution of the drops. Im sure this is probably harder to do than it sound however. This game doesnt reward the dedicated like it should. The argument can be made that rares are supposed to be "rare" but when you DEDICATE thousands of hours of your life to a game THOUSANDS anyone deserves something.
Maybe when you hit a "milestone" in this game you should be able to pick something special that proves your dedication to the game from a collection. And maybe you could only pick one item out many prizes for this milestone so that no one could possibly get them all. You could get something for 100, 500, and 1000 hours and maybe a 5000 hour uber prize.
I think at the very least units should not be NEARLY as rare as they are. In PSO you couldnt walk 5 feet without tripping over some kind of unit.
I also think enemies should drop more than just one kind of weapon, that way just because rare "A" didnt drop doesnt mean you didnt have a shot at rare "B"
Finally, if all the S2 missions paid reasonably well for S ranking them maybe some rare hunting wouldnt seem like such a chore *cough* sleeping warriors *cough* plains overlord.

HaydenX
Aug 16, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-08-15 23:36, Apone wrote:
Drop rates should be "adjusted" I know plenty of people who havent been on this game nearly as long and theyre up to there eyeballs in S ranks.There needs to be better distribution of the drops. Im sure this is probably harder to do than it sound however. This game doesnt reward the dedicated like it should. The argument can be made that rares are supposed to be "rare" but when you DEDICATE thousands of hours of your life to a game THOUSANDS anyone deserves something.
Maybe when you hit a "milestone" in this game you should be able to pick something special that proves your dedication to the game from a collection. And maybe you could only pick one item out many prizes for this milestone so that no one could possibly get them all. You could get something for 100, 500, and 1000 hours and maybe a 5000 hour uber prize.
I think at the very least units should not be NEARLY as rare as they are. In PSO you couldnt walk 5 feet without tripping over some kind of unit.
I also think enemies should drop more than just one kind of weapon, that way just because rare "A" didnt drop doesnt mean you didnt have a shot at rare "B"
Finally, if all the S2 missions paid reasonably well for S ranking them maybe some rare hunting wouldnt seem like such a chore *cough* sleeping warriors *cough* plains overlord.

They just made the game like life...

Does the octogenarian janitor get a super special prize for his 100,000th hour of work...no.

The way it works is...some people get it...others don't. The rarest thing I've ever found (and probably the rarest I'll ever find) is the synth mat Gaozoran Rod. If you make this game into "duck, duck, everyone's a winner," I'll be sorely disappointed.

I don't believe in luck by the way(which, by the way, is litteraly defined as "God's favor").

Soukosa
Aug 16, 2007, 01:58 AM
We get this simply because you have the casual players who desire the strongest things in game yet can't grasp that those aren't supposed to be easy to get, so they go on a whine fest. Online games were designed to make it so things take awhile, like what was said. Alot of people probably don't realize this since PSO was more of an offline game adapted to be able to have online play as well. So essence, things were designed as if it was an offline game and thus things like finding rares were easier.

In PSU however, they opted to make things that happen online to match that of an online game. Where you essentially have those that have the time to hunt for things to do so and sell it off to those that don't want to, don't have the time, or can't find it. The drops in these games were made so that something you find that you don't need, you can sell off to someone else, rares included. But everyone is still stuck on the "I need to find it myself damnit!" mind set that PSO induced into them so this ends up failing to help them. You could also say that the size of the player base has a massive impact on this as well since the more people you have, the more stuff you have going around. The PC/PS2 version is essentially screwed here and the XBox version probably still has too many noobs that got pulled in from the trial to balance things out completely.

HaydenX
Aug 16, 2007, 02:22 AM
On 2007-08-15 23:58, Sounomi wrote:
We get this simply because you have the casual players who desire the strongest things in game yet can't grasp that those aren't supposed to be easy to get, so they go on a whine fest. Online games were designed to make it so things take awhile, like what was said. Alot of people probably don't realize this since PSO was more of an offline game adapted to be able to have online play as well. So essence, things were designed as if it was an offline game and thus things like finding rares were easier.

In PSU however, they opted to make things that happen online to match that of an online game. Where you essentially have those that have the time to hunt for things to do so and sell it off to those that don't want to, don't have the time, or can't find it. The drops in these games were made so that something you find that you don't need, you can sell off to someone else, rares included. But everyone is still stuck on the "I need to find it myself damnit!" mind set that PSO induced into them so this ends up failing to help them. You could also say that the size of the player base has a massive impact on this as well since the more people you have, the more stuff you have going around. The PC/PS2 version is essentially screwed here and the XBox version probably still has too many noobs that got pulled in from the trial to balance things out completely.

The part about "gotta find it myself, dammit!" was what I was just about to post about. I had just been thinking about this thread. I can't remember who, in this thread, said that they had been hunting Shigga Desta for forever. All I could think to myself was, "I've seen the board for 1.5 mil and the finished product for as low as 7 mil."

I understand that they want to find it themselves, but if it is just for the honor of having found the item, wouldn't an increase in the drop rate cheapen the experience greatly? I guess I have an advantage in my mindset, having been a former tournament player in 3 TCGs. If you pull the rare from the booster pack...great, if not...ahh well. And PSU is only $170 for the entire first year of play. I spent well over $1000 on Magic: the Gathering. Money is the cure-all.

pikachief
Aug 16, 2007, 02:37 AM
On 2007-08-15 18:50, jayster wrote:

i've played since launch and almost everyone has 10x better stuff than me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Dont worry, in my experiance, people with your circumstances often catch breaks and find something valuable in 1 or 2 runs. I guess it's fates way of balancing life out =P I'v played since launch and some people who have played since febuary have 10x better stuff than me lol.

Finae
Aug 16, 2007, 03:46 AM
Lol.........these topics will never end will they? Well I guess they will when September hits. Well, lets start backwards....

If we're talking about weapons, whats so special about S ranks lol? Like someone stated earlier, A rank weapons are and will be superior until 12 star S ranks come out. Is it because you're tired of using the same weapon lol? What happens when you get that S rank? Get tired of that and want something new, it never ends lol. I also forget that people prefer looks over damage. Or is it because you're on a collecting spree? No problem with that lol.

If we're talking about units, well I won't argue with you there as they are the most valuable things in the game.

If PSU had the amount of rares PSO had, the drop rate would be eased up.

While I'll ***** and moan every now and then about rares, by no means do I want this crap handed to me. If it was, then they aren't rare items, they are just normal items. Yeah OP, I got everything I want currently in the game and hell, I'm hardly playing at all. After I found the last few very hard to get units I needed, it was like game over lol. And no, I don't have 30483048 S ranks because I don't need S ranks.

Is it me or does 40584058480584058 other mmos have the same problem with drop rate haha? I swear to god I go to these game's forums with people complaining left and right about it. Get over it, they are rare for a reason lol. It took me month/years before I got all my l33t gear in FFXI back in those days. It wasn't instant gratification nor did I have a ton of time on my hands like some of you were about to say if I didn't say this.

You also don't need a lot of time to hunt rares nor should you deticate yourself to 24/7 rare hunting if you do have a lot of time. It will make you go insane. I know back then last semester when I had exams pratically every other day, I squeezed in atleast 4 hrs of non stop hunting. Sometimes I got what I was looking for and other times I didn't. If you can only play for 30 min a month, then don't complain lol. Just don't play the "I'm busy 24/7" tone like my friend does as are you really busy 24/7, 365 days a year? Sure, if you're Bill Gates or you have 2 jobs + college lol.

To the ones complaining, there will be a solution for you. Its called Famitsu Cup and you will be able to get a large amount of rares that you are lusting after. If that does come, its a mass collection spree for me and I could say I have almost every rare weapon and unit after that. I definitely wouldn't be playing until next lvl cap or expansion as I got nothing to hunt for. And PSU offers nothing else other than spamming x mission all the time so what makes you think I'm going to spam a mission when I don't need to lol? Boy oh boy, expansion needs to come.

Just don't complain about having nothing else to hunt for if we do get famitsu cup as after that, you'll have to go after 11-12 star rares. My PSU account says someone will make a post after famitsu cup complaining about how SoA should of never done this and they got nothin to hunt for now. Doesn't matter to me though, just makes the game easier than what it is currently.

AC9breaker
Aug 16, 2007, 04:11 AM
^ That dood said it best. Its all about content. This game doesn't even have half the rares PSO had. Anyone remember version 1? Hunting for hours on end for weapons that looked EXACTLY the same but just had different photon colors? Dragon Slayer Anyone? Anyway, from the AoI beta it became quite clear that the game was rushed. We're really gonna be playing PSU come this winter. All we've been doing now is warming up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-08-16 02:12 ]</font>

KamiSori
Aug 16, 2007, 04:16 AM
i dont think people are asking S ranks to start raining down on noobs or anything like that. most people want to keep them rare. it would just be nice to be rewarded a little better after doing 100+ runs of the same mission. its even less rewarding knowing theres a chance that your synth could fail. X/

DurakkenX
Aug 16, 2007, 04:53 AM
Let me answer this question in a few ways...

#1. The last A-rank you can get you can use at lvl 30 or lower where as the first S-rank you can solo well you must wait until 60ish and most S-ranks you have to wait till lvl 70. That is just way too big of a gap when you look at the stats a S-rank is just another step up, it's not special in any way other than visual as it stands right now. As for what I mean by that...If you take a weapon and you add up their stats, ATP, ATA, and PP, and then you add up the next one up you will only be adding 50-150 extra points. In other words you're only adding a maximum of 10-30 extra damage if it's all ATP. This continues on into S-ranks. Also in other games, including PSO rares have special things about them, where as now sets or even just random weapons have special things to them and they really aren't all that great of specials and can really mess up a party at that.

#2. How many S-rank materials do you have? You see there is an over abundance of materials but there are few or no boards and all the A-rank materials are sold in a store which means there is a huge stall in the economy, which is bad to say the least...

#3. The best argument I've come across against making the drop rate higher is "well what was good that you good after 3000 kills?" and that made sense to me when I read it, but then I thought about it...I dunno about you, but I was able to kill things on Ultimate in 6 or less hits, 1 hit with a beginning hand gun in Normal, where as With the best weapons I have right now with ele. bonus it takes 2-4 hits in C-rank to take a mob out and in S2-rank it takes 30-60 hits to kill a mob. That is 5-10 times higher HP relatively speaking so to make it equal, which they obviously didn't consider, you have to raise the drop rate by 5-10 times as well to make it about the same and that with some actual rares with something special about them, which we already discussed are not what these are. So basically if the lowest drop rate is 1/3,000 in this game in PSO that would equal 1/30,000 at the very minimum.

I think that's about it...

Aralia
Aug 16, 2007, 05:12 AM
This is the be all end all reason of why people want higher drop rates.

-People are lazy!-

That being said.. my reason, is... How are we supposed to get good %'s on a S rank weapon to make it more powerful than our A ranks if they're 10000000x more rare?
I'm sorry, but having a b rank weapon deal more damage than a S rank is depressing. =/

Plus, I'm a rare hunter... I wanna have 1 of each S rank weapon.

Not to mention, failing a board, having to hunt -special- items to make certain weps..

AND the fact that prior to release, I remember reading that synthesis materials were supposed to be more rare than they are and that the boards were'nt supposed to be abyssmally rare.

Honestly, I think it'd be more fun to run around with a golden pallette..

(not to mention that I've done over 200+ runs of de ragan and I haven't even seen a cati-power drop, let alone the supposedly "easier to find" two headed ragnus...)
((Also, my friend did over 497 runs for har/quick, we finally found one after he -gave up- cause it was so depressingly hard to find and famitsu should be coming soon which will make har/quick easier to get... The har/quick didn't even go to him.. it went to me... the one who did 2 runs looking for it... Of course I gave it to him, but still.. the game assigned it to me, not the one who deserved it.))

Simply put, this game's rare system is like slowly slitting your wrists with a rusty butter knife.

Mewn
Aug 16, 2007, 05:30 AM
If PSU had more than about 10 rares, maybe we could actually have some kind of balance between 'common' rares and 'rare' rares.

As it is now, well, I just don't bother. I found 2 S-Rank boards and broke them both, which is just a kick in the face. Great incentive to carry on hunting.

Hrith
Aug 16, 2007, 06:37 AM
I can find reasons to keep you on Gurhal, Mewn :3

Neith
Aug 16, 2007, 07:19 AM
When you've played for over 1000 hours, and run S2 missions frequently every day, it'd be nice to see an S-Rank drop occasionally. The droprates for 10*'s are ridiculous, considering currently a grinded 9* is better.

Obviously, I think 12* (and 11* maybe) should be really rare, especially things like the Psycho Wand. But when 10*'s aren't much better than a regular 9* with no grind, it's hard to believe why they're so rare.

I ran Rainbow Beast S2 since the day it released, up until a few weeks ago. I still run it occasionally, but not as much. I gave up hunting the Fuka-Misaki after hundreds of Kamatoze- then when I finally traded for one, it wasn't massively better than my 9* claws.

-dis-
Aug 16, 2007, 07:32 AM
The "players are lazy and greedy" meme is off-base. Plenty of players have invested insane hours on the game without reward.

Of course we can buy sranks and units, but that is not nearly as fun as finding the items (you know, like in PSO). I could run HSM or Lab over and over and over - but it's not fun for me. So I am left hunting items, getting little reward, feeling frustrated, and with no meseta to buy sranks.

That there is an imbalance in drop rates of boards is evident by the number of boards vs. the number of 10 star materials that drop. My friends and I should not all have stacks of over 99 junalines if the boards that use these materials are ridiculously difficult to find. ST fucked up and is turning off casual and hardcore fan alike. It's not about strength of sranks vs. aranks, but finding and getting something new to breakup the gameplay monotony.

For me, 10 bucks is nothing, but unlike with PSO, which I wanted to play all the time, with PSU I find myself thinking, meh, maybe I'll do something else tonight. If it weren't for the 2 or 3 people I run with whose company I enjoy, I'd be using the game as a coaster by now.

Medic
Aug 16, 2007, 08:13 AM
Well i know how some of you feel and i think drop rates should stay the same. First of all they wouldn't be rares if they weren't rare. If you have maxed out all your levels and are trying to get those boards i suggest you not worry so much about it and play for fun, make some friends, and kick some monster booty! Otherwise buying this game was pointless because your supposed to have fun in a game, not find all the rares. They should stay.

amtalx
Aug 16, 2007, 08:14 AM
The rates aren't that bad. But S-Rank boards need to be 100% if its going to stay the way it is. Hunting just for a [B] that fails is garbage.

You SHOULD have to do 100 runs to find a nice weapon. I remember hunting for MONTHS in PSO for choice rares. Some weapons I only saw drop once over the course of 5 years...some never. I'm sorry to the folks that can only spare a few hours a week to play, but the goodies should go to the people that really work hard to get their items. I think people were spoiled by the hailstorm of duped J-Swords in PSO...

-dis-
Aug 16, 2007, 08:21 AM
On 2007-08-16 06:13, Medic wrote:
Well i know how some of you feel and i think drop rates should stay the same. First of all they wouldn't be rares if they weren't rare. If you have maxed out all your levels and are trying to get those boards i suggest you not worry so much about it and play for fun, make some friends, and kick some monster booty! Otherwise buying this game was pointless because your supposed to have fun in a game, not find all the rares. They should stay.

Thanks for the advice. Run along and let the big kids talk.

-dis-
Aug 16, 2007, 08:26 AM
On 2007-08-16 06:14, amtalx wrote:
The rates aren't that bad. But S-Rank boards need to be 100% if its going to stay the way it is. Hunting just for a [B] that fails is garbage.

You SHOULD have to do 100 runs to find a nice weapon. I remember hunting for MONTHS in PSO for choice rares. Some weapons I only saw drop once over the course of 5 years...some never. I'm sorry to the folks that can only spare a few hours a week to play, but the goodies should go to the people that really work hard to get their items. I think people were spoiled by the hailstorm of duped J-Swords in PSO...

Jesus tits, man. A lot of people are doing 100+ runs and not finding anything. THAT'S THE COMPLAINT. Even a casual player can do that focusing on one mission. It's not a complaint, that, hey I did a run and didn't get anything.

It's trite and cutesy to say, "hey, be patient. the real players find stuff with their great time investment and have fun chatting it up while doing so". But it is FALSE. Many of us do invest a lot of time and have fun with friends, only never to find anything. We have stacks of junalines, merculines, and neptulines. Stacks of catilium, hapotite, petanite, and cladorian. Our investment is marked by our hours and our inventory of materials. What we find frustrating is that after cumulative thousands of hours, we don't have boards despite our efforts.

We get it. A bunch of you will say stuff like: this isn't PSO; you're impatient: they're supposed to be rare; go play something else. We're not upset that you are content with things. We're upset because the game is wearing on us. Not every complaint that goes against what you think is infantile and to be dismissed. Learning this will help you deal with life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -dis- on 2007-08-16 06:29 ]</font>

Apone
Aug 16, 2007, 08:45 AM
I guess everyones reason for playing is different. Even if I found tons of S ranks and units I wouldnt stop playing for the same reason Im still playing now. Ive made a lot of cool friends in this game and a pallet of S ranks wouldnt stop me fom whoopin on monsters with them.
Ever notice that when you're at your wits end in this game that it throws you a bone and gives "something" but not too much? like a high % synth or something? dangling that carrot in your face so that you keep going? do they do that on purpose? could be just coincidence.
Sometimes if you sit back and look at what you arleady have you feel better about some of that stuff you havent found yet.
Everyone has there own reason to play there are no clear cut answers to the drop rate issue but it does make the game more interesting. If everyone thought exactly the same about it I guess this game wouldnt be nearly as compelling.

amtalx
Aug 16, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-08-16 06:26, -dis- wrote:

On 2007-08-16 06:14, amtalx wrote:

Jesus tits, man. A lot of people are doing 100+ runs and not finding anything. THAT'S THE COMPLAINT. Even a casual player can do that focusing on one mission. It's not a complaint, that, hey I did a run and didn't get anything.

It's trite and cutesy to say, "hey, be patient. the real players find stuff with their great time investment and have fun chatting it up while doing so". But it is FALSE. Many of us do invest a lot of time and have fun with friends, only never to find anything. We have stacks of junalines, merculines, and neptulines. Stacks of catilium, hapotite, petanite, and cladorian. Our investment is marked by our hours and our inventory of materials. What we find frustrating is that after cumulative thousands of hours, we don't have boards despite our efforts.

We get it. A bunch of you will say stuff like: this isn't PSO; you're impatient: they're supposed to be rare; go play something else. We're not upset that you are content with things. We're upset because the game is wearing on us. Not every complaint that goes against what you think is infantile and to be dismissed. Learning this will help you deal with life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -dis- on 2007-08-16 06:29 ]</font>

What can I say, some people are unlucky... 100 runs really isn't much to speak of to begin with. 5 runs a day for 20 days is 100 runs. That's less than 3 weeks at a couple hours a day if you are running in a group. Back in the PSO days, I helped a friend run Caves for a Red Sword for close to 6 months and got nothing. Even at a casual 3 runs a day that would have been almost 550 runs.

I'm not dismissing people's claims that drops rates aren't what they could be. The synth item/[B] ratio is definitely out of whack. I'm merely saying that people sometimes forget that rare hunting sucked in PSO at times too.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 16, 2007, 10:13 AM
the whole problem with the game is how completely random it is. The fact that someone could do a run and never get the item they want, even doing it a million times, is utter crap. Fine make it random, but there should be a hidden counter or something where if you kill a certain enemy like 1,000 times(maybe higher, depending on how common the enemy is) it should drop it's highest rare.

The fact that people hunt missions for months finding nothing, and other people do it once and find what the other person wants so desperately, is as much of an annoyance and makes people want to quit as well.

THE JACKEL

Pillan
Aug 16, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well, the way I see it, the main reason for an increase in drop rates is a simple economic response on the part of Sonic Team. It’s really easy to see: the majority of the players on PSU spend countless hours searching for rare items and never find anything, they all get dissatisfied and quit, and Sonic Team loses a lot of money. Yes, I am aware that there is a small percentage that has more rare items and are satisfied with the drop rate, but I’d much rather alienate the small group than the majority.

So what happens when they do increase the drop rate? Well, it’s very easy to see that the hardcore players get multiple copies of their rares and the moderate majority feels some sense of satisfaction. Maybe the hardcore players will get bored and quit? Who cares? I’m retaining 95% of my profit rather than 60%. It’s not like we pay by the hour. Sonic Team is getting the same $10 from everyone.

Of course, the opposing side likes to argue that there are other MMORPGs with much worse drop rates. Well, the simplest argument against that is that this is PSO part 2. It’s not an MMO, it doesn’t even look or feel like an MMO, and it certainly doesn’t have the community of an MMO. How many people from PSU actually play other MMOs? And how many of those want to devote that much time to another online game?

You have to remember that the PSO crowd has always been casual players. Sure PSO’s drop rates weren’t much better than PSU’s, but not finding a Huge Cutter is the equivalent of not being able to find a Dragon Slayer in PSO. It’s one thing for a Psycho Wand to take forever to find, but it’s another thing for the lowest rarity of unique weapons to be that difficult.

That and let’s not forget that all items were readily available due to the large number of hackers on PSO. The majority of the players, myself included, had every weapon they wanted with 300% (or 180% depending on the version) against each enemy type. The main point I want the opposing side to take home with that is that you didn’t see a mass exodus when everyone had everything they wanted, so why should PSU be any different? The only people I see who would really be upset with this are the crowd that wants PSU to be an MMO.

So, yeah, I don’t see any reason for Sonic Team not to increase the drop rate. And it’s fairly obvious that they agree as every 2 months you see another update where enemies are weakened and drop rates are increased.

DurakkenX
Aug 16, 2007, 10:28 AM
Ok, let's just say it's obvious some of you didn't read the 3 reasons why the drop rate should be raised...further expansion upon of those though...

2-headed ragnus = DB's saber that looks far better
Here's the thing DB's saber = 1/92 now lets assume that 2-headed Ragnus has the same drop rate as that you have to take into synth rate which becomes 1/178.48. Now if we also assume that each run in PO-s2 has 20 vahra minimum I should have 2 boards in 10 runs and at least 1 of those should have succeeded. I've done more than 10 runs and I know others have done way more than that. But even if that were true those 178.48 kills you just did to get those boards it would still mean that in comparison on PSO you would have actually killed 892.4-1784.8 equal level mobs and that is near half PSO DCv2's drop rate which were abysmal. I literally got to level 120 before getting 1 red handgun and no other rares even though on every other version by that time you'd have at least 10-20 rares, most of those being DB's and Varista.

So PSU's drop rate is half of abysmal as it has been called by not just me...what's worse than abysmal? Abysmal x2!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-08-16 08:33 ]</font>

-dis-
Aug 16, 2007, 10:34 AM
On 2007-08-16 08:24, Pillan wrote:
Well, the way I see it, the main reason for an increase in drop rates is a simple economic response on the part of Sonic Team. It’s really easy to see: the majority of the players on PSU spend countless hours searching for rare items and never find anything, they all get dissatisfied and quit, and Sonic Team loses a lot of money. Yes, I am aware that there is a small percentage that has more rare items and are satisfied with the drop rate, but I’d much rather alienate the small group than the majority.

So what happens when they do increase the drop rate? Well, it’s very easy to see that the hardcore players get multiple copies of their rares and the moderate majority feels some sense of satisfaction. Maybe the hardcore players will get bored and quit? Who cares? I’m retaining 95% of my profit rather than 60%. It’s not like we pay by the hour. Sonic Team is getting the same $10 from everyone.

Of course, the opposing side likes to argue that there are other MMORPGs with much worse drop rates. Well, the simplest argument against that is that this is PSO part 2. It’s not an MMO, it doesn’t even look or feel like an MMO, and it certainly doesn’t have the community of an MMO. How many people from PSU actually play other MMOs? And how many of those want to devote that much time to another online game?

You have to remember that the PSO crowd has always been casual players. Sure PSO’s drop rates weren’t much better than PSU’s, but not finding a Huge Cutter is the equivalent of not being able to find a Dragon Slayer in PSO. It’s one thing for a Psycho Wand to take forever to find, but it’s another thing for the lowest rarity of unique weapons to be that difficult.

That and let’s not forget that all items were readily available due to the large number of hackers on PSO. The majority of the players, myself included, had every weapon they wanted with 300% (or 180% depending on the version) against each enemy type. The main point I want the opposing side to take home with that is that you didn’t see a mass exodus when everyone had everything they wanted, so why should PSU be any different? The only people I see who would really be upset with this are the crowd that wants PSU to be an MMO.

So, yeah, I don’t see any reason for Sonic Team not to increase the drop rate. And it’s fairly obvious that they agree as every 2 months you see another update where enemies are weakened and drop rates are increased.

Very well put.

Mayu
Aug 16, 2007, 10:35 AM
Pretty much of what Jackel said

-.-

Lets say you do about

600+ SW S2 Runs?

And all you got was.. a bunch of rare mats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Then some random person that was just tech lvling in SE S2

Finds a psycho wand board http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

was never really meaning to even hunt it <.<

Completely random <.<

acck annoys me -.-

or even yet doing Omna S2

For the stupid kazarod/ w/e 11 star daggers

do it for about 500!+ maybe w/e http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and you think you should see it by now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-08-16 08:38 ]</font>

Sekani
Aug 16, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-08-16 08:13, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
the whole problem with the game is how completely random it is. The fact that someone could do a run and never get the item they want, even doing it a million times, is utter crap. Fine make it random, but there should be a hidden counter or something where if you kill a certain enemy like 1,000 times(maybe higher, depending on how common the enemy is) it should drop it's highest rare.

The fact that people hunt missions for months finding nothing, and other people do it once and find what the other person wants so desperately, is as much of an annoyance and makes people want to quit as well.

THE JACKEL

Quoted for fucking truth. I honestly don't understand how seemingly a minority of rare hunts are actually successful, and the majority of rares go to people who just stumble upon them. I know it's nearly impossible for the game to actually be programmed that way, but I can't make any other sense out of this kind of disparity.

alwayssilver
Aug 16, 2007, 10:56 AM
You know I'm a real player and I also have a job. I would never make such an excuse like "I work 8 hours and can't play like you kids" excuse which is pretty shameful. Not only do I work an 8 hour shift, but it's also a third shift. I'll admit some people are luckier, but don't blame your job on the fact that your too impatient to find something.

Powder Keg
Aug 16, 2007, 11:03 AM
The answer is really easy here....rares should not only be for players who have time to run a mission over and over 24/7. I think I hit lvl90 rather quickly from being lvl 79 from the last level cap update, and the only thing I've found is a Two-Headed Ragnus board.

The drops in this game are MUCH lower than they were in PSO GC, and that makes ZERO sense because:

- Your party can be potentially bigger since you can fit six players in a team now, giving people less of a chance of getting something.
- You have to hunt for the materials for the item
- You have to synth your item, wait a whole 24 hours, and it might not even work!

You should at least get some gratification for spending so much time. I've lost count of how many runs a friend of mine did trying to get the Kan Yu to no avail. The sad thing is I lost count and I probaby wasn't with him for half of them. Plus, finding the board would only win half of the battle, because synthing it is next. BTW, this is only an 11* item, out of 15* that will be in AOI IIRC.

It reminds me of PSO Ver.2 for Dreamcast. And that's NO good.

-dis-
Aug 16, 2007, 11:12 AM
There are other consequences, as well. People are becoming less willing to play with people they don't know, lest that rare actually drop and go to someone else.

People who played a lot now play far less because doing more runs seems fruitless.

The rates have led to broedom, greed, and dissatisfaction.

chibiLegolas
Aug 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
On 2007-08-15 22:59, SolomonGrundy wrote:
s rank boards failing is unthinkable with the current drop rates. Anyone remember the 10* CHAIN SAWD? 1/900 from a common enemy. totally findable

SOME rares should be hard...not ALL of them

I'm with you there. There should be more VARIED drop rates of rares. If you guys remember, even in PSO, there are rares that are easier to find, but then again, there's rares I've NEVER found on my own, nor seen dropped in person. Giving us flouresent bulb, harisen fans aren't enough. We NEED more findable rares.

Besides, isn't one of the points for choosing a certain class is FOR the S rank weapons we're SUPPOST to be using?! Right now, S ranks are so rare, you can just totally ignore the S rank merrits of a class and just look to see who gets A ranks (making advance classes that much less unique. Not vastly, but enough for some).

If the drop rates stay as they are, and ppl make PT in AoI JUST for their S rank capabilities, you're hopeless....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-08-16 09:38 ]</font>

Kylie
Aug 16, 2007, 11:37 AM
I don't care too much for rare items and weapons. They would be nice to have, but my a-ranks get the job done (I believe). However, I have complete empathy for people that search and search for something and never get it. I mean, some people have full palettes of s-ranks, while people like me have hardly even seen one drop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif They say life isn't fair, but in a game that we all play to let loose, it would be nice to see some of the more faithful players get what they deserve. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

JAFO22000
Aug 16, 2007, 11:40 AM
On 2007-08-16 09:12, -dis- wrote:

Don't forget anger! Like when a Seva Cresa board drops and your heart skips a beat as you run over to it, stupidly believeing it may actually be a rare. HAH!

PALRAPPYS
Aug 16, 2007, 11:45 AM
I'm going to skip a lot of this thread, but I know what people are saying.

I'm not satisfied with the drop rates either, but... when you put it to thought, these 10* weapons won't be worth crap when we get to higher levels.

Consider a lv120/20 class. By then that person could more than likely solo the S2 missions we have now, and do it fast. Since it wouldn't take them a long time to finish it, you would have killed more of the respective enemy, and thus it would be easier to find whichever weapon you wanted.

DAMASCUS
Aug 16, 2007, 11:46 AM
Besides, isn't one of the points for choosing a certain class is FOR the S rank weapons we're SUPPOST to be using?! Right now, S ranks are so rare, you can just totally ignore the S rank merrits of a class and just look to see who gets A ranks (making advance classes that much less unique. Not vastly, but enough for some).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-08-16 09:38 ]</font>

Thats an excellent point. I have to agree that there should be more SRank boards and a few of those that are easier to find. Like I said previously if some SRanks could be gotten on...regular S Rank difficulty at least our expert classes would have something to flaunt lol

Fredrick
Aug 16, 2007, 12:00 PM
Seriously. PSO was fun to play even for long stretches of time, because you knew there was a reasonable chance of getting something good. It was an extremely rewarding game. But of course the totally badass weapons like the Heaven Punisher, Psycho Wand, and Sealed J-Sword were almost impossible to get. And that's what kept you coming back even after you had a lot.

And on top of the ultra rare, ultra awesome weapons, there was just a huge selection. Even if you got 1 new rare a week you could litterally play for years and still not have everything. This is exactly how PSU should be.

Now here's a question I've been meaning to ask people. After learning about all the great stuff in AoI, has PSU been more fun? For me it deffinitely has. Because I know good items are coming, I feel like I actually have a reason to play and lv up my character. In PSU it seems totally pointless. Waist thousands of hours of your life for the small chance that you will get a mediocre weapon.

stukasa
Aug 16, 2007, 12:09 PM
This might sound like a complaint but it’s merely an observation, I promise! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I find it funny that life can be so unfair, yet now that we have the technology to create worlds of our own (i.e. videogames), the designers created them to be just as unfair as real life. People who have to deal with bad luck in life now have to deal with bad luck in games. I’ve heard people say, “So you couldn’t find the rare item you’re searching for? The game is unfair. Deal with it.” If PSU was real life, I could understand that. But this is a videogame, a world created by human hands. The game is unfair because it was designed to be that way. Did the developers have to create a game where you can do a million runs and get nothing while someone else can do one run and find three rares? No, they didn’t. People are so used to life being unfair that they just accept the fact that their games are the same way.

Do I want all my rares handed to me? Do I think S-ranks should be falling from the sky like raindrops? Do I have a solution to this problem? No, I don’t. Like I said, it’s merely an observation. However, I will say that I wish the “luck factor” in this game wasn’t SO random. People who put in a lot of effort deserve SOMETHING, at least that’s what I believe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

…Actually, now that I think about it, one thing they could do (I think someone mentioned this already) is have a guaranteed rare drop for every X number of enemies you kill (it would have to be a very big number). That way, the people who play a lot would be certain to get a rare or two. It might not be the one they’re searching for, but at least they’d have something. And if ST was really smart, they would make it so the rare you get is actually something you can use! (Hey, I can dream, can’t I? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

@Fredrick: Yes, hearing about the stuff in AoI has made PSU more fun for me because I know a lot of great new things are just around the corner! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OldCoot
Aug 16, 2007, 12:18 PM
I would like to have an S rank. I put in the grind, running countless missions across the worlds, spammed things on 3 star days to only see more materials for S rank boards that I don't get. Do I really have to grind a mission on 3 star luck days a hundred times to see 1 S rank drop?

Last night we ran an S rank mission on Hive C with the PL having 3 star. After several of us lost 2-3 scape dolls, we got one Kubara Wood from the boss boxes. Hey, I can pick that up on LL C on high luck days.

Tahldon
Aug 16, 2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, you say it "Sucked at times" but think about that a moment.

There's not just ten or eleven people saying that they can't get S-rank boards, it's a great deal of players. Most of which have been playing since October when it came out. As the game has progressed, that's all people've been talking about. "New missions! S-ranks! New armors!"

It's only natural that in this game, as it was in the old, that people want the new items. Like Dis said, some of you are content and all, yeah, that's all fine and dandy. But tell that to the poor guy who's been running Sleeping Warriors day in and night out for the last month and some change. Poor soul is -not- happy.

Besides, most of the S-ranks we see are stacked up in player shops to those -same- select few who -always- manage to have -everything-, or some new guy who just happened to be running a mission and stumbled upon an S rank on his first run.

When Onmagoug S came out and I heard wind of the Halarod being there, I practically lived there and I must've murdered the onmagoug at least a trillion times, SOLO. In the end I ended up having to BUY the damned thing. That really upset me alot.

It's grueling to keep searching and searching and searching and coming out with the same result: Nothing.

Someone said somewhere that "The players that have been playing the whole time seem to be getting strung along on the hope of getting an S-rank weapon, but the new players all seem to be having the S ranks fall right into their laps."

I'm actually starting to think that's true. And besides, who wants to play Her Secret Mission and Sealabs all day just to fork out that insane amount of money people are asking for? I can't even -stand- to be in sealab. I hate going through the place on the way to Lake Denes!

Yeah.. the rates should definately be upped a bit. We're not talking like seriously 50% increase in rates, but damn. At least a BIT more.

When you've played the same mission for the last 2 Weeks and then some and you still come out with nothing, you'll start thinking about all that time you wasted and that's when people quit and things. It's really depressing. It's not even fun anymore up to that point. I mean, after you've capped out on alot of things, what're you gonna do then? Make another char and do it all over again? What've you've done that already, then what? Inevitably you're gonna come down to "Well Maybe I'll go find that S-rank weapon I want.." then then we're all back at "GO" so to speak..

What then..?

Fredrick
Aug 16, 2007, 12:39 PM
On 2007-08-16 10:09, stukasa wrote:
This might sound like a complaint but it’s merely an observation, I promise! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I find it funny that life can be so unfair, yet now that we have the technology to create worlds of our own (i.e. videogames), the designers created them to be just as unfair as real life. People who have to deal with bad luck in life now have to deal with bad luck in games. I’ve heard people say, “So you couldn’t find the rare item you’re searching for? The game is unfair. Deal with it.” If PSU was real life, I could understand that. But this is a videogame, a world created by human hands. The game is unfair because it was designed to be that way. Did the developers have to create a game where you can do a million runs and get nothing while someone else can do one run and find three rares? No, they didn’t. People are so used to life being unfair that they just accept the fact that their games are the same way.

That's actually a really good point. This game feels like work a lot of the time. Which is kind of dumb considering this is a video GAME. Just yesterday I was doing math to see how many hours it would take me to get barta 21. It ended up being around 7 hours. Which is ridiculous! That's equal to 50 real life monies at minimum wage.

I shouldn't have to spend a days work just to get slightly better barta >:|

You know I really do think this game is unbalanced. I don't remember people compaining about PSO anywhere near this much. Not even close. The main problem people had with that game was technical issues that allowed people to cheat. You never heard people griping about how they don't have any items or that it was unfair. They really should have just made an updated PSO. A sort of PSO 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-08-16 10:43 ]</font>

HaydenX
Aug 16, 2007, 01:02 PM
The problem I have with this discussion is...
There is a huge economy in PSU! Mostly any rare board you want, you could buy. I've seen every rare board on sale except for psycho wand. Why not just sell the "stacks of S-rank synth mats," synth some a-ranks to sell...and, with the money you earn, buy the damn board. If S-ranks are your only want, and you don't care about the "sense of accomplishment" that goes along with finding them yourself...JUST BUY THE DAMN BOARD!!!!

Cracka_J
Aug 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
I think the main problem is that the community is getting way too obsessed with finding these sranks. People will try for hours upon hours to get that rare, end up with nothing, then throw their copy of psu against the wall and flame sega. Not to say I haven't hunted for stuff when I got luck, but I go into the situation realizing that there is a HUGE chance I will not be getting what I'm looking for. So I guess I'm kinda in the middle when it comes to my opinion on the situation. More power to those who can spend the time to hunt the stuff down, but at the same time it would be nice to see at least 1 board drop for every 4-8 hours you put in the game. Put it like this: if the drop rate is raised, the average player may be able to have a few sranks in their inventory. However, the players that dedicate the time will have everything, and will dominate all forms of trade in the game. I'm really not sure which is the better option.

Kylie
Aug 16, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-08-16 11:02, HaydenX wrote:
There is a huge economy in PSU! Mostly any rare board you want, you could buy. I've seen every rare board on sale except for psycho wand. Why not just sell the "stacks of S-rank synth mats," synth some a-ranks to sell...and, with the money you earn, buy the damn board. If S-ranks are your only want, and you don't care about the "sense of accomplishment" that goes along with finding them yourself...JUST BUY THE DAMN BOARD!!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif I have under one million meseta. Most of the boards I've seen go for about 60-99 million... And, ironically, most of the people that can afford that have found a rare item before and sold it for a profit (or they quit during inflation and came back during deflation).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-16 11:08 ]</font>

Sekani
Aug 16, 2007, 06:28 PM

The only way the average player is going to afford to buy an S-rank board is if they find an S-rank board to trade for it. Synthing is not a good money maker because of the failure rate and uncertainty of percentages on striking weapons and armor, and spamming Labs/HSM for meseta is more migraine-inducing than coming up empty handed from a zillion failed rare hunts.

HaydenX
Aug 16, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-08-16 11:07, Kylie wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif I have under one million meseta. Most of the boards I've seen go for about 60-99 million... And, ironically, most of the people that can afford that have found a rare item before and sold it for a profit (or they quit during inflation and came back during deflation).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-16 11:08 ]</font>

I should have mentioned that I'm on 360.

On 2007-08-16 16:28, Sekani wrote:
The only way the average player is going to afford to buy an S-rank board is if they find an S-rank board to trade for it. Synthing is not a good money maker because of the failure rate and uncertainty of percentages on striking weapons and armor, and spamming Labs/HSM for meseta is more migraine-inducing than coming up empty handed from a zillion failed rare hunts.

You could always gamble on grinders...that's how I made my first million.

Also, sell everything you find and pinch every penny, and I bet it'll still take less time than actually finding the damn board.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HaydenX on 2007-08-16 16:53 ]</font>

-dis-
Aug 16, 2007, 07:12 PM
"sell everything you find and pinch every penny"

Sounds like a fun game.

Gen2000
Aug 16, 2007, 08:55 PM
There are other consequences, as well. People are becoming less willing to play with people they don't know, lest that rare actually drop and go to someone else.

People who played a lot now play far less because doing more runs seems fruitless.

Yeah this is one of the problems I have with current drop rates, the "side-effects". Down to 3 stars at best now when 4 stars used to be considered "booming" on PC/PS2 side.

I also agree on whoever said that the Srank [B]s should at least be 100%, ST did that for things like Halp so I don't see why not considering your chances of finding Halp or 10* seems to be about the same if not worse in terms a 10*

Someone mentioned hunting for hours end for a Dragon Slayer on v.1 PSO? I don't remember DS being nearly as hard to get as a simple 10* item in PSU.. Hell it seem like the DS was easier to get than most 8-9* weapon drops in this game. I had plenty of them in a short amount of time.

Tulio07
Aug 16, 2007, 08:59 PM
cause I have hardly any time to play anymore and want to get something. I can only run 2 or 3 missions a day

D1ABOLIK
Aug 16, 2007, 11:21 PM
On 2007-08-16 18:59, Tulio07 wrote:
cause I have hardly any time to play anymore and want to get something. I can only run 2 or 3 missions a day

Me to.I do 3 runs a day.Roughly 60-70 runs a month.I work 50-60 hours a week.I have a girlfriend.I have other friends.Im always on call for my job.All this combined with the horrible drop rates equals me never ever having an S rank in PSU unless i buy it which,by the way,i dont get enough play time to make enough money to buy one.And before anyone says "Why do you pay ten bucks a month then when you dont get that much time to play?",the answer is because 10 bucks is nothing.I could probably find that under the seat in my car.I love the game itself.There is just no reward system and no sense of accomplishment to make people want to keep playing.PSO on the other hand.......

________
W210 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W210)

nooblet
Aug 16, 2007, 11:33 PM
i would like to see the drop rates increased simply because its damn hard to solo in this game unless your a fortetecher or fortegunner.

bloodflowers
Aug 17, 2007, 01:53 AM
It's the unfairness rather than the low number. It's so easy to spend hundreds (well, in my case thousands) of hours looking for things and get nothing, yet some people just get lucky all the time. There's one person I know, where it's an unusual week now for him /not/ to find an S rank board. I'm starting to think now that it should keep a count, and when an S rank drops in a party mission, it has a higher chance of going to someone who has had fewer drops.

Powder Keg
Aug 17, 2007, 02:00 AM
On 2007-08-16 18:55, Gen2000 wrote:

Yeah this is one of the problems I have with current drop rates, the "side-effects". Down to 3 stars at best now when 4 stars used to be considered "booming" on PC/PS2 side.

I also agree on whoever said that the Srank [B]s should at least be 100%, ST did that for things like Halp so I don't see why not considering your chances of finding Halp or 10* seems to be about the same if not worse in terms a 10*

Someone mentioned hunting for hours end for a Dragon Slayer on v.1 PSO? I don't remember DS being nearly as hard to get as a simple 10* item in PSU.. Hell it seem like the DS was easier to get than most 8-9* weapon drops in this game. I had plenty of them in a short amount of time.

The Dragon Slayer was easy to get. It wasn't so great of a weapon.

I found a LOT of things in PSO, and that was because I looked hard for a VERY long time. Ask me how long it took to get my Magic Stone Irista from a Hildetorr and I might punch you in the face. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

There were some things I never found, also...namely the Yami, Soul Banish, and the Yasminkov mechguns after doing a lot of runs, so it's not like the game gave you everything you wanted, it was very fair. I don't see how they couldn't have imported similar drop rates into this. To be honest, I'd LOVE to one day find out what the drop rates are in this....it'd probably make people puke.

The best we can do is pray that it isn't like this in AOI. Whether people want to admit it or not, it will make a huge impact on many people either staying or leaving. I think it's pretty safe to say that anyone who thinks "the drop rates are fine" is nothing short of insane. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Aug 17, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-08-17 00:00, Artea wrote:
I think it's pretty safe to say that anyone who thinks "the drop rates are fine" is nothing short of insane. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, that explains why I think the drop rates are fine.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 17, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-08-15 19:25, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
1. Having to run so many times and getting nothing to show for it gets incredibly tiresome.

2. In the event that you actually get something, you stil have to deal with the chance of the item actually becoming a monomate.

3. The way items are handed out by chance diminishes the badass factor of the weapons, knowing that any lucky numbnuts can get them.

4. Most likely the main reason for having drop rates so abysmal is to keep people playing, because those people would be bored with it after getting the best stuff---because the gameplay cannot stand up on its own merits and must rely on cut-corner tricks like shitty drop rates to keep people on, as opposed to having more and better things to work for (AoI should fix this), a more fun gameplay system (AoI will help on this, somewhat), a more immersive and/or rich world setting...basically, things that often keep people playing the same high-quality offline games for.

I agree with most of what Jife said. So I won't say much. But one thing for certain, I cannot stand when one Fuckin' nub gets everything with a few tries, and the hardcore ppl end up with nothing for their effort. Everything is too much based on luck.

Akaimizu
Aug 17, 2007, 12:32 PM
On 2007-08-15 18:50, jayster wrote:

Not me at all. Those fates have never worked in my favor. I suffered from exactly what the others, who want the better drop rates, has talked about. That's why I expect to see things after the expansion. I have no illusions that I'll get a break.

In fact, I also suffered from the lucky new players getting all sorts of great stuff I still never seen. I'm behind them by quite a few months.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-17 10:35 ]</font>

Cerberus1981
Aug 17, 2007, 12:34 PM
S ranks should remain rare but Sega could at least tweak the drop rates, perhaps some could be more common than others? or maybe they can increse the drop rate slightly. A 10% or 15% wouldn't make a big difference (S ranks would still be rare) but it would encourage people to get out there hunting and give people hunting them a little hope.

The fact that it's quicker and easier to spam the same mission and earn the money to buy a S rank than to actually hunt for one says it all, that's why people won't leave labs, but can you really blame them?

HaydenX
Aug 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-08-16 21:33, nooblet wrote:
i would like to see the drop rates increased simply because its damn hard to solo in this game unless your a fortetecher or fortegunner.

I have no problem soloing with GT...It's just become a little boring, which is why I'm gonna change into a FG. I'm not gonna use and double sabers though...eeesh.

HaydenX
Aug 17, 2007, 12:44 PM
On 2007-08-16 21:33, nooblet wrote:

I have no problem soloing with GT...It's just become a little boring, which is why I'm gonna change into a FG. I'm not gonna use any double sabers though...eeesh.

Golto
Aug 17, 2007, 12:57 PM
My observations have been 10* boards from non-seasonal non-rare monsters in the small to medium range 1/2000 if unlucky. The large monsters 1/500. But this is from DT S2 where a max of 4 out of 90 monsters can't drop srank boards. What they really need to do is change the drop lists of lvl 100+ monsters. Have them no longer drop 7* crea boards and berries/truffles.

Even with how many runs I've done I've yet to see an 11* board or unit from a lvl 100+ S2 boss box. Too many to count useless consumables and [ B] scape doll boards from the 1 box that can drop the unit or 11* boards. Boss box drops do need major revamping.

PMB960
Aug 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
I don't get where people are coming up with DB Saber type rare in PSO = 10* rare in PSU. The DB Saber type rares of PSU are the 8* and 9* weapons. Soloing Ragan S2 10 times got me 3-4 8* rares which yeah happened with DB Saber in PSO GC. Also most of the drop rates in PSU seem to be similar to PSO. I have killed about 500 or so Polavohra and found a [B] Meteor Cannon and what do you know the Red Sword had a 1/500 drop rate from an enemy that you saw similar amounts of in PSO.

Its easy to look back on PSO and say yeah I found a ton of good stuff. But how long did it actually take you to get that good stuff? I played for over 1 year and a half before I started finding the really good stuff in PSO GC. Do you remember the exact number of runs it took you to find that uber rare in PSO? Chances are you don't and looking back on it it probably seems like they dropped like candy. Most good items in PSO took me 20-30 runs to find even 1 of them. I can't say I have done anywhere near that for most S2 missions in PSU. Also boss box drops were ~ 1/46 in PSO. If you truly have fought a boss 60-70 times and not seen something then yeah maybe they are a bit unreasonable but most people haven't done anything close to that.

stukasa
Aug 17, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-08-17 11:59, PMB960 wrote:
I don't get where people are coming up with DB Saber type rare in PSO = 10* rare in PSU. The DB Saber type rares of PSU are the 8* and 9* weapons.
Maybe they say that because the 9* rares in PSO were more unique than the ones in PSU? Not to mention you couldn't buy them in shops. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But yeah, I know what you mean. I found a ton of 9* rares in PSO without even trying, but at least those rares were pretty cool and unique. 9*s in PSU aren't considered rare because you can buy them in shops. Most of them don't look special or have any special effects. The really cool stuff like Psycho Wand is nearly impossible to get unless you're super lucky or super rich.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 17, 2007, 02:54 PM
Excuse me for whining a little bit like a child here, but..here goes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

The thing about rares is..I can't STAND it when these things occur:

A. Someone who doesn't even WANT the weapon/item finds it without even hunting for it, then puts it up in his/her shop for an absurd price

B. Someone finds MULTIPLE of the item when you yourself haven't even seen one drop

C. No matter HOW hard you try, it seems you can't even get a rare map at all, but when someone just randomly decides, "Okay, I'll try. Why not?", they get a rare map on their first or second run..despite you doing it for 200+ times

That's pretty much my only complaints about it. It's like I went to the HIVE a while back and tried for a rare map (to get the Black Heart) and I got ONE out of 400+ runs. For almost a week, I tried and tried, and tried, but..to no avail...I only got the rare map ONCE.

So, I hear from one of my friends a few days later after I stop my search, "That sucks. One of my friends went through there and has found four in less than a month" and I just wanted to break something -_-'

Now..don't get me wrong...I don't have a problem with someone having something that I'd want..sure, it makes me a little jealous, but..here's the problem I have with it. If someone can find that SAME item..four times, in the course of a month..and I can't even find ONE, despite how hard I try..I think something needs to be done about that.

Basically, what it amounts to is this...if you're going to give old Jack, owner of four Black Hearts that kind of luck, then I think this should apply to everyone, so we can ALL have an equal sort of chance of finding what we hunt for.

Instead of..."Hey guys! Look! I found the board for a Svaltus Sword!" coming from someone who wasn't even looking for one or couldn't even wield it anyway.

So..do I think the drop rates should be improved? Not so much. More like...I believe everyone should be given the same chance at finding a particular item.

Anyway, that's just how I feel towards the matter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-08-17 12:57 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Aug 17, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-08-17 11:59, PMB960 wrote:
Most good items in PSO took me 20-30 runs to find even 1 of them. I can't say I have done anywhere near that for most S2 missions in PSU. Also boss box drops were ~ 1/46 in PSO. If you truly have fought a boss 60-70 times and not seen something then yeah maybe they are a bit unreasonable but most people haven't done anything close to that.

I'm exhibit number 1. I've beaten those numbers and then some. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I know everybody likes to post a self-experience and consider that the norm; but that is so not true. There's enough of us who has been unlucky enough in which whatever statistics you throw at us, our lack of seeing them does not exactly make it any more convincing.

I do think one of the things that would be nicer is if items got a similar treatment as Meseta did. That is, generally curb away a lot of the junk you can get on the lowest difficulty of a location when playing on the higher ones. This would place a lot more probability towards *earning* the rewards instead of immediately "lucking-out" and that dependancy on luck being throughout the entire game.

I've also seen people play 3 times my time (in the game), because they had more time to commit to it, within the same time frame. Some also reported having little to show for it, but some person comes in, and within a couple of weeks, bests their rewards by sheer luck of the drop. Isolated cases are due to occur, but I do kind of feel that it happens way too often.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-17 13:15 ]</font>

9lotus
Aug 17, 2007, 03:28 PM
If the PC economy wasn't ruined so early on, I think having NPCs sell S-rank boards for very high prices (~10 mil for 10*, 20 mil for 11*, 30 mil for 12*) would be a good idea.

This way, there's a limit on much time it takes you get an item. Maybe you get lucky and find the drop. However, if you never find it, you can always save up money to buy what you want (Just like real life.)

It'd also be a good money sink to keep inflation down. Actually, I think this would be a good idea now, it would further help stabilize the PC-side economy.

And really, it doesn't make sense that I can't buy a 11* weapon board from the manufacturer, I have to get it from a dragon or a robot or a flying desert thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9lotus on 2007-08-17 13:29 ]</font>

haruna
Aug 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
Why higher drop rates? Because finding the board is only the beginning of this long, uphill battle towards better equipment in this game. It's really absurd.

To get the very best out of a weapon, you have to:
Step 1: Find board. For S-ranks, this is a pretty major obstacle.
Step 2: Find ingredients. This isn't too big of a deal unless you're trying to make a Psycho Wand, monster part weapon(C. Rucar, Bil De Axe, etc.) or armor.
Step 3: MAKE said weapon. Here's your 2nd major obstacle(or 3rd, for the case of certain items.) I have a very long list of pain I'd love to inflict upon the jackass who made the Crea Doubles synth success rate so low.

Congratulations, you made your weapon! If it's a casting or ranged weapon, you can step to Obstacle Series 3. If you're making elemental weapons or armor, here's to hoping you didn't get a 10%.
For elemental stuff, you get to rinse and repeat Steps 1-3 until you get a decent element. The best my Striking PM has given me is 26%. Not bad, but man, I'd love to get a 38%, 44%, or 50%!

Obstacle Set 3(or 2, for ranged and casting weapons.)
Grinding. You won't lose your items in the expansion thankfully, but it's still yet another series of dice rolls standing between you and the best weapon you possibly could have.

I'd really like to see more special weapons earned, not found. S-ranks on PSO were highly customizable weapons awarded to players for completing challenge mode.

Why do I play? Even though the item crafting system totally blows, it's not 100% of the game. I actually enjoy playing the game. I like how quadrupeds detect that I'm behind them and do tail slaps. I like timing my strikes and use of knock back to keep the enemy at bay. A good amount of this is skill on your part and your PA levels, but then you hit a point where dammit, some better stuff would be really nice. It looks cooler. It keeps your group war machine running smoothly. And looks cool. Can't forget that whole "looks cool" factor.

Shishi-O
Aug 18, 2007, 03:51 AM
On 2007-08-15 19:03, HFlowen wrote:
1000+ hours and the best thing I've gotten is a puyoment aura.

ditto...except no puyoment aura.

and i sold everylast thing i had to get a hard power charge

i made a 44% earth nightwalker, but then i broke it trying to grind it....

why would i do such a thing you ask, good question.

i saw a 44% ice nightwalker ground to +7

it broke( my earth nightwalker) and for a whole day i considered quiting the game

now i use a double sabic 20% earth ground +4 ooooh.

i already gave up on finding / buying an s rank, now i'm heart broken

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-08-18 01:58 ]</font>

DAMASCUS
Aug 18, 2007, 04:37 AM
The other problem is the balance of motivation to play PSU. Think of it this way. What if SRanks were taken out? What would there be to play for? Very little right now I would say. It is fun to play with friends and the game is generally a blast to play BUT what goals have they left open to us?? This level cap thing seems like a joke to me. I'm not quite sure why the timing is totally wrong but it almost seems like the level cap should be up to 150 before rares that are this insane to get would become available. That way you would at least be leveling your character even if that uber rare didn't show up. So between the level 90 cap and 150 there would be a few new minor rares to get every couple of weeks. Come to think of it , doesn't it seem like we got gypped on A rank rares? We got some of the Crea Weapons but should n't there still have been more? Crea Axe? Crea Spear? Crea ranger weapons? I think I see what happened don't you?? ST would have given PSU more time to mature and grow as a game at a more reasonable pace but with the lower than projected interest in the game they are releasing an upgrade just a year later to keep people interested. Now everything gets pushed up and it seems unbalanced because its all been shoved in.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2007, 07:46 AM
On 2007-08-15 18:39, jayster wrote:
I dont understand why everyone wants higher drop rates. If they were really high and everyone who wanted something could find it within a day or 2. Then everyone would cap their level, find their weapons and quit in a couple months.

I'v always hit the level cap relatively fast and what keeps me going is better equipement. A big portion of this game is hunting, I can't tell you how long I'v hunted a shigga desta and found nothing. But each new day, is a new mission I set out to complete. If I spend a week searching a shigga desta and find it, then 2 weeks to find 2 blackbulls, then a week to find a deganha cannon, then another week to find my cati power. Within a month or 2, I'll have all the equipment I need and have nothing else to work towards, get bored and quit.

Please explain why you want drop rates increased?

I dont understand this type of mentality. Its COMPLETELY backwards.

When someone is grinding, grinding, grinding, and doesnt find ANYTHING new or rare, THEN they get fustrated, and THEN they quit.

Who wants to search for days/weeks for a board only to insert it into your PM and have it break? Or finally synth it and realize it isnt as awesome as you thought?

Thing is, the drop rates on this game are horrible. Comparing PSU to PSO, searching for a rare weapon you want is like trying to grind for a Sealed J-Sword or some shit. Eventually in PSO while grinding for one weapon you may find like 5 other ones, but that isnt the case on PSU.

PSU's rares look way awesomer, but their just too hard to obtain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-08-18 05:49 ]</font>