PDA

View Full Version : Battle: Do you use the skills you have capped?

RufuSwho
Aug 16, 2007, 10:08 AM
I've seen people throughout PSU using lvl 10+ skills, sometimes lvl 20+ skills.
example: 2 cards, 4 shotgun bullets, x2 crossbow bolts, lvl 11-20 dambarta, and
(snigger) techers who have a small diga

It seems to me that people spend a great deal of time leveling a favorite PA to 30, then immediately switch to another to lvl up.

The result is running S2 missions with 5/6 people using the time to lvl up PAs.

My opinion: I got none.

I use my lvl 30 ice rifle (phantom/phantom line combo) constantly and feel guilty changing to anything else because its simply not as good/fast/helpful.

Do you use the skills you have capped?
Do you lvl PA during S2 runs?

I don't think there is a bad answer to this, i'm just curious if others are thinking the same.

JAFO22000
Aug 16, 2007, 10:12 AM
I use capped skill all of the time. I basically use whichever tech is best for the situation I am in. I have a lot at 30, but I don't specifically use a tech just to level it up. I'm a "natural" leveler....

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 16, 2007, 10:12 AM
I only do that when I feel comfortable with the people around me when I try to level the technics or bullets. When the team really needs to go at a faster pace, I just use what's more powerful.

As of Melee skills I use whatever since the damage output seems the same to me.

I always hear about the "Once I cap it I don't use it anymore" though.

GoDz
Aug 16, 2007, 10:13 AM
no i dont unless i need to but i have all my skills to a 30 and then i need to buy new ones....but only if all are 30...i lvl them all to a 30 first..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 16, 2007, 10:21 AM
well see, all my bullets are at the figh cap of 20 (most are higher) and when an enemy is melee resistant, I still use bullets and use the most effective one. But yes, I am trying to get all my melee skills AT LEAST to 21. Some are at 30, and I don't use them very often if at all. I don't expect I'll ever use gravity dance again, except to get it to 40 in AoI, but after that I don't expect I'll ever use it either. All the skills I really like, are basically maxed for my class, but I'm going to still try to level my other skills. When it comes to melee PAs, does it matter if I use say, capped renkai or level 21 tornado break... not really, they have the same purpose.

Melee skills tend to switch out with eachother, so as long as someone is leveling that skill using it properly, I don't care. Now if they're using tornado break on a single enemy... that's another story.

THE JACKEL

Mayu
Aug 16, 2007, 10:29 AM
I use most of my capped skilled as an FF don't really lvl up anything in normal or private runs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The skills that aren't capped are the ones that I usually don't do most of the time

or a Sub class PA'S

Cross bow - Bows and such

Melee weapons I don't use

theres more o.0 but kinda lazy to list

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-08-16 08:31 ]</font>

BanF
Aug 16, 2007, 10:34 AM
I use all my skills once they are capped. For each weapon type I have an "area" skill and a "boss" one, and switch accordingly.

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 16, 2007, 10:35 AM
I've capped all my PA's, I only have 9 PA's ^_^

Shardio
Aug 16, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm currently bringing all my techs to 11+ (the WT cap) most of them, I won't use ever again, simply because I'm a big fan of the Foie series (which I've capped at 20) As for melee, I use all of my capped skills, because theyre the only ones I've got.

RufuSwho
Aug 16, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-08-16 08:35, Crazy_Hunter wrote:

cool, can i ask which ones you picked?

Powder Keg
Aug 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
I capped Reisei-Shiki as a Fortetecher, but I still use it when I really need to....like against Jarbas. It's a long road to maxing all of your PAs, though...

Kylie
Aug 16, 2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Once it hits 30, I never use it again (until AoI). It just seems rather pointless.

youthisoverrated
Aug 16, 2007, 11:36 AM
i myself don't use my lower PA's in group battles. i feel the same way about it, i feel like i'm not being much of a help when i use the lower lvl ones. i normally go off on my own to lvl really low lvl pA's and wait til I can get them to 21. sometimes i'll use a lvl 11 though. all depends

Criss
Aug 16, 2007, 11:56 AM
I really don't hold back in using capped PAs. After all, the point of capping a skill is to get to use it at its maximum potential. Capping it, then never using it again defies the purpose of leveling it in the first place. Same thing with classes.

I do sometimes level other bullets, if I have a bullet to level that will have a similar effect as the one I have capped. As in, if it applies a useful SE nearly as quick, or does similar damage.

Mortisx3
Aug 16, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-08-16 08:12, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
When the team really needs to go at a faster pace, I just use what's more powerful.

I agree

stukasa
Aug 16, 2007, 12:18 PM
If you combine JAFO and DJ's answers you will have my answer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I usually try to level my PAs naturally, though if the mission's not too tough and I'm playing with a friend I'll sometimes level up different PAs. I'm currently working on getting all my techs to 21+ before AoI comes out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xaeris
Aug 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
I use whatever's most appropriate for the situation. I can level bullets on my own time; in a team, I feel it's my job to do my best to kill things.

amtalx
Aug 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
If I'm doing speed runs to look for rares or make money. I always used the best skills for the job (which happen to all be capped). Otherwise I will work on skills that aren't at 30.

OldCoot
Aug 16, 2007, 12:32 PM
If the mission is tough and people can lose scapes I tend to focus on capped techs that work the best. Raindbow Beast, Foie for ice creatures even though Foie reached 30 months ago. Other than that I try to work on other things.

Recently, I picked up Megiverse and I wouldn't use it in a party setting until it was level 11 being the ring was just too small for S2 runs to be used well.

Sychosis
Aug 16, 2007, 01:27 PM
Seeing that all 36 are capped (32 Techs, 4 Bullets) I don't have much choice.

Urtri
Aug 16, 2007, 01:37 PM
not really i just use whatever PA or bullet that suits the situation at hand (aka buten single dagger skill on fast targets and gravity strike on slow targets). but there are times when i lvl 1 PA above all others but thats mostly to help with a particualr Goal i have in mind

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 16, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-08-16 08:53, RufuSwho wrote:

On 2007-08-16 08:35, Crazy_Hunter wrote:

cool, can i ask which ones you picked?

Im a Foretefighter tthat only uses Spears, FFists, Axes, and Swords.

I Picked Dus Daggas/Robado, Anga Dugrega/Redda, Bogga Danga/Zubba/Robado and Spinning/Tornado Break.

Neith
Aug 16, 2007, 01:46 PM
What's the point in leveling a PA to never use it again?

I have a few Lv30 skills on my fF (about 6-7 I think), and I still use them. If I want to level PAs, I'll make a PA leveling game. Because of that, I very rarely PA level in typical games.

Fredrick
Aug 16, 2007, 01:47 PM
Well I'm still somewhat new so I'm even thinking about lv 30 yet. But yes, I lv a tech to 21 and then go to the next one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-08-16 11:48 ]</font>

Aralia
Aug 16, 2007, 01:48 PM
Once I finish capping something I only use it when it's needed/most useful.
This is only done on my techer.

My melee, I have all my skills capped except the ones I don't want/just got/haven't used as much.

My ranger doesn't have much capped.

TJ5
Aug 16, 2007, 02:28 PM
I level PA's no matter what run I am doing. I've capped all of the PA's that I want to use, that are currently released to the U.S PSU360 servers. So yes I use capped PAs.
Since i'm a fortefighter leveling PAs in S2s never really presented that much of a problem for me or the people I partied with..so I dunno.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 16, 2007, 03:34 PM
I don't really care if a PA is Lv30, I'll still use it if it's appropriate for the element or the situation. I prefer to try to set up my PA's in such a manner that I can be effective against every monster type but still level up PA's. For example, when I leveled up Frozen Shot to Lv30 and Barada Banga to Lv30, I'd consider leveling up my Burning Shot Lv18 and Barada Riga Lv14.

ThEoRy
Aug 16, 2007, 05:15 PM
no. I don't

biggabertha
Aug 16, 2007, 05:26 PM
I use capped Photon arts when I'm in parties and rarely when I solo with the exception of Tornado Break, Rising Strike and Dus Daggas. Heh, then again, of all 36 PAs that I have, I only have six at Lv. 30 and those six are melee ones.

Does anyone know if there's ANY player who has all seven released Laser Cannon PAs at Lv. 30 yet? Or will I be the first Sad, cold and lonely one?

Zorafim
Aug 16, 2007, 05:58 PM
I use the best PA for the situation, or rather, I use the most profitable PA for the situation. If I can't tell the difference between two PAs, then I pick the one I need to level more. An example is using my lowest level handgun PA to fight a boss.
If my being there doesn't help considerably, I use my lowest level PA which I need to level. An example is fighting a boss with a full party.
If I need a particular PA for a particular situation, I use that PA regardless of level. An example is fighting a Kamatoze, in which Dugrega is the best PA. Also, when soloing, when it's obvious which PA I need to use.

Mystil
Aug 16, 2007, 06:17 PM
I used all of them.

Dus daggas, Renzan Seidan-ga, Renkai Buyou-zan, Tornado break, Buten Shuren-zan, Bogga Danga, Rising Crush, Dus Robedo.

godpantsminus
Aug 16, 2007, 06:29 PM
I prefer to let my PA's level naturally, personally. I still use the only PA I have capped at this moment, Tornado Break, as it has been a workhorse for me since day one. The only reason I have Tornado Break at 30 is that exact reason.
Also, I've found myself with Buten-Shuren Zan at level 29 due to all of the Her Secret Mission runs I had been doing. (I had a pair of fire twin daggers.)

bloodflowers
Aug 17, 2007, 04:16 AM
I'm guilty of bullet levelling quite a bit, but I do try to stick to ones that aren't completely futile in a given mission.

Fuji
Aug 17, 2007, 06:02 AM
I tend to level them naturally as well, if the PA hasn't been maxed and the weapon I am using is suitable for the area then I'll fight as normal and level it that way. Unless I'm doing a special run to level PA's I don't change my fighting style based on what I wish to level.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 17, 2007, 12:34 PM
I try not to use them myself honestly. My bow skills, Ensei Sou and Insei Sou are both at 30 so I don't have a choice. If I want to kill multiple lv100 Bardiras in 10 seconds, then I won't hold back on Dambarta.

Nova's Dark shot, is simply overpowered and too useful, so no way she can give that up!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-17 10:36 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Aug 17, 2007, 01:00 PM
Like 75% of my non-capped skills on my FF are 11+ anyway, so I don't feel bad using them instead of my maxed RBZ/DD or Tornado Break.

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 17, 2007, 01:14 PM
I try to avoid using capped PAs other than Rising Strike (well, capped as far as my class will allow), but I only have four favorite PAs left to level, three of which kinda need to be leveled naturally (because they're situational lockdown bullets Mayalee Fury, Mayalee Prism and Boma Maga). And I like handguns so I've been leveling those weak bullets. I'll use my level 30 dark crossbow on whatever needs it though.

MT7218
Aug 17, 2007, 01:16 PM
I only have one out of the 108 PAs across all three of my chars maxed out, and that's my Newman's Dambarta. I'll still use it when I need it, but right now, I'm more focused on leveling my elemental crossbows on my CAST, so right now, it's getting no use. XD

panzer_unit
Aug 17, 2007, 06:12 PM
I stop using level 30 moves if there's an acceptable alternative I haven't capped yet. I usually level stuff to 11+ or 21+ on my own so usually its top-tier skills anyway... tho for some PA's the first hit is the bread and butter anyway.

Niloklives
Aug 17, 2007, 06:21 PM
I usually focus on a PA till it hits the last significant growth lvl...so 21 in most cases...11 in some. the idea being to get he most out of the PA when I DO use it. but I only do this with PAs I plan on using regularly anyway...on the oother hnad...PAs I won't use often I tend not t keep very long.

So...most techs, most bullets, and two handed weapon skills I usually force to 21.other bullets and one handed weapon skills I force to 11...tnen I let them lvl on their own.