PDA

View Full Version : I just finished Konquest mode, MK:A and...

BlueDagger
Aug 16, 2007, 09:54 PM
lol @poorstorywriting

Okay, okay... It wasn't too bad, but jeez... I only tolarated it becuase its just a game, but it was pretty awful(story-wise).

It was fun, gameplay-wise, but one just can't overlook the awfulness that apparently is John Vogal.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I don't want to sound uppity, but... I really could have done a better job on the story...
It doesn't take a master to write corny little interludes of dialogue between fights. And everything was just another excuse for a fight - but none of them were good excuses.

"Even though I'm a loyal friend of the family, I'm going to brutally injure you so you can't continue! Its too dangerous!... Fight!"

Buh-whuh-huh?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueDagger on 2007-08-16 19:55 ]</font>

Sord
Aug 16, 2007, 09:56 PM
yeah, the story sucked, but who ever played Mortal Kombat for it's story?

BlueDagger
Aug 16, 2007, 09:58 PM
On 2007-08-16 19:56, Sord wrote:
yeah, the story sucked, but who ever played Mortal Kombat for it's story?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

You mean people play for the violent fights... Nevar! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tact
Aug 16, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-08-16 19:54, BlueDagger wrote:
"Even though I'm a loyal friend of the family, I'm going to brutally injure you so you can't continue! Its too dangerous!... Fight!"

Kilik does pretty much the same thing in Soul Calibur 2's Classic Mode. He pretty much says "No, Xianghua, I can't let you do this. I'm trying to protect you". The thing is, he doesn't sound convincing at all.

BlueDagger
Aug 16, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-08-16 19:59, Tact wrote:

On 2007-08-16 19:54, BlueDagger wrote:

Kilik does pretty much the same thing in Soul Calibur 2's Classic Mode. He pretty much says "No, Xianghua, I can't let you do this. I'm trying to protect you". The thing is, he doesn't sound convincing at all.

Hah! Atleast they had moving mouths in Soul Calibur. This was just alot of nodding, pointing, and waving hands around.

Tact
Aug 16, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-08-16 20:04, BlueDagger wrote:
Hah! Atleast they had moving mouths in Soul Calibur. This was just alot of nodding, pointing, and waving hands around.

I thought it was kind of creepy how their mouths moved when you sound test their voices.

PhotonDrop
Aug 16, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-08-16 20:05, Tact wrote:
I thought it was kind of creepy how their mouths moved when you sound test their voices.

a little. But it was freaking hilarious to have them scream and grunt while looking at the faces they make.

Weeaboolits
Aug 16, 2007, 11:10 PM
They were showin' off, not as bad as the Shenmue bonus disk, though.

"Magic Weather!" *dynamic zoom and camera rotation close up, upside down*

Sayara
Aug 17, 2007, 10:57 AM
"NEVERRR!"
"USODEEEE!!!!'