PDA

View Full Version : I was bored, so I wrote something.

Sinue_v2
Aug 17, 2007, 12:49 AM
-Untitled-

"We are the same, you and I. Therefore it is also your destiny to destroy them..."

"No! That's not true! That can't be true!"

"You were created as a step towards birthing a new and superior race"

"Their arrogance and cruelty cannot go unpunished!"

"Those ears... what in the world are you?"

"You guys.... you never quit? Do you?"

"How.... how could another monster like me be created?! He promised me!"

Beep.... Beep... Beep.... Beep....

Bubbles slowly flittered past her face in the bio-specimen tube as she slowly opened her eyes. The view of the room around her was distorted by the blueish electrolyte solution she was submerged in. Where was she? The only light in the room was dim, and danced across the floor in front of her, refracted from the lamp in her specimen tube. No.. there was another, a flickering bulb in the far corner - ripped from the ceiling.

A hallow thump reverberated through the liquid. The girl, looked down with tired eyes, but could see nothing but a dark streaks across the glass. Then a hand, covered in blood. She traced the shape of the hand back towards the arm - seeing more of the form as her eyes adjusted to the light. But she could not see a body. Then something else caught her attention... a glowing red pair of dots emanating from the darkness... and what looked to be, a grin. And then, it was gone.

The girl looked around frantically. She tried to scream, but her mouth was restricted by a metal plate which fed oxygen tubes into her mouth. Bubbles raced past her eyes, obscuring her vision - and then a terrific crash, coldness, and searing pain. Something had pierced the glass in front of her, and elecrolyte solution raced out to the ground below. The girl looked down and saw a fist adorned with claws plunged firmly into her chest. Blood trickled in gushing streams down her body, mingling with the fluid below in thick reddish clouds. The girl looked up, and through the glass saw the shadowed face of her murderer staring at her, grinning happily. It was her own.

Neika awoke with a jolt, cracking her head roughly against the edge of the shelf above her bed and sending a few trinkets toppeling over. "Ow!!", she yelped. The loud monotone alarm was replaced by a smooth metalic male voice.

"Good Morning, Neika. I trust you slept well. We are approximately one million, four-hundred and fifty six thousand miles away from our desitination. ETA to destination is three days, five hours, and thirty-three minuites. Would you like to resume your educational courses where you left off, or should I prepare your meal"?

Neika remained silent for a moment, rubbing the spot where she had collided with the shelf.. She then sat up fully and shook her still throbbing head to clear the lingering memories of the nightmare. "No, I just woke up. Of course I don't want to start my studies already. Let me at least get cleaned up first."

"Understood. I shall prepare a meal for you then."

"And run me a bath, please?".

"Understood".

Neika stood and streched her tired arms, yawning slightly. She gazed about her tiny room. It was rather spartain, and cold, utilitarian accomodation, but there wasn't much room aboard the craft. However, she had managed to bring along a few plants and trinkets from home to make it seem at least a bit more livable. She slipped on a pair of pink slippers which were lain beside her bed and sat at a bench table which had been built into the bulkhead underneath a window. On the table was a bit of stale pastry and a cup of cold coffee-like substance. She took a sip and grimaced at the taste. She then her chin on her palm and looked listfully out the window at the stars. One was much larger and brighter than the others. One that was very much like her own, surrounded by three planets. The one that was to be her new home. Gurhal.

"I wonder", she thought, "What it will be like?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-16 23:58 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 17, 2007, 12:25 PM
I'm liking it so far. . . Neika sounds like a familiar name. Does any of this refer to the old PS games? I haven't played them myself.

Sinue_v2
Aug 17, 2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, well the very basic idea is that Neika is part of the NM-3000 series of Numen. She was sent to Gurhal to assist them in their troubles, and find their first emissary - another Numan girl who had gone missing during the SEED invasion. She'll eventually find this other emissary, who has decided to ignore her given name and refer to herself as her seriel number, NM-3084. NM has gone Awol and is helping the Illuminus as an excuse to kill as many people as she can.

So NM-3084 and Neika are sisters, and will play a role similar of Nei and Neifirst. They both, somehow, share the memories of the Numans who came before them, hence the nightmares.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 18, 2007, 01:27 AM
So after spilling all that info out, do you still plan on writing this through or did you do this to simply get it out of your head?

Sinue_v2
Aug 18, 2007, 01:50 AM
Dunno. I might continue it as a series of small snapshots, but I doubt it'll be made into anything consistent or coherent. Mostly just to get a few ideas out of my head, yeah.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 18, 2007, 03:35 AM
Whatever works.

Good enough read to follow through to say the least.