PDA

View Full Version : Question about rare monster spawns

Forumchibi
Aug 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
I know there are charts on PSUPedia with the rare map patterns (I'm not asking how to use them), but my question is, will rare monsters ONLY spawn on the rare X maps, or do they also have a chance to appear in any of the 1-4 maps as well?

In other words, if I know the map isn't a rare X pattern, is there any point to completing it for rare monsters, or should I just abandon and start over?

Edit: I also know it mentioned "Unlike PSO, not every enemy can turn into a rare. So you'll want to abandon mission if you don't get a rare enemy pattern." but does this hold true during events like the Fireworks?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forumchibi on 2007-08-19 13:42 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 19, 2007, 03:42 PM
The 1-4 maps are the 'dud' maps. They're only there to display what other kind of spawns there are withint a certain mission.

What I do is abort after I notice it's a bad map. But make sure you double check or else you abort accidentally on a 'rare' map.

Rare maps are X-type maps only. Rare spawns will not be on any of the 1-4 maps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-08-19 13:44 ]</font>

Forumchibi
Aug 19, 2007, 03:43 PM
Alright, thanks, that'll save me some time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SaiSpagS
Aug 19, 2007, 04:54 PM
Also if your just rare monster hunting then remember to skip all enemies that don't need to be killed, if you can run past them with a key and just carry on you should. Saving 1-2 minutes every run helps out a lot overall if your spamming the runs for rare creatures.