PDA

View Full Version : So, how's the PSU over here?

Yoiyami
Aug 19, 2007, 07:41 PM
Here's a little story for those of you who may be bored with nothing else better to do at the moment.

I played when PSU was first released, got bored, the population dwindled, friends left, I quit. No, you have no idea who I am.

The end.

I was wondering how it is now. I'm definately coming back when the expansion pack is released (November! Yay!), but I was thinking of coming back a little sooner.

Humor an old, crusty PSO/U fan and tell me how things are these days. ^__^

pikachief
Aug 19, 2007, 07:44 PM
about 2 stars left on universe 2, kinda hard to find a party since everyone has locked theri rooms to are hunt. Just people at the same 2-3 missions and thats it.

which is y im quitting too! ^.^

Mayu
Aug 19, 2007, 07:45 PM
It's either 3-4 1/2 at most

1 star - when everyone's like sleeping

Yoiyami
Aug 19, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-08-19 17:44, pikachief wrote:
about 2 stars left on universe 2, kinda hard to find a party since everyone has locked theri rooms to are hunt. Just people at the same 2-3 missions and thats it.

Darn it, people are still all anti-social!? Bad news, bad news indeed.

I was hoping to hear about how the community came together and blossomed, forming the ultimate carebear MMORPG. That'd be a fun thing to see. D:

EDIT: Or at least less locked rooms and more players. *pouts*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2007-08-19 17:47 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 19, 2007, 07:48 PM
I'm not anti social http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I just like hunting with friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

other then that it's not a really problem -.-

Niloklives
Aug 19, 2007, 07:51 PM
yeah but you never talk to me ;_;

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 19, 2007, 07:52 PM
If you come back, you should consider Xbox 360 if you're able to, because there's a lot more people, and more people come in every day.

Yoiyami
Aug 19, 2007, 07:53 PM
Well see, there isn't a problem hunting with friends. The problem is that because the community is so small and most people like to hunt with just their friends, it makes it hard for people who don't have friends that play (or friends that laugh at PSU -.-;) to find others to hunt with. Unless the community grows, it's a bit of a problem. Unless you like to solo. XD

So, same old, same old I take it. Oh well, I may just wait for the expansion and hope it attracts more players. *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Yeah, I thought about the 360 version but I don't much like voice chat and the demand for it. Also, it's a pain in the ass to cancel your account. When I tried, the lady was trying to get on my case for canceling my account because I was using my mothers credit card on the account. Yeah, think about that for a moment. The idiocy just kind of hits you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2007-08-19 17:56 ]</font>

Kairi_Li
Aug 19, 2007, 07:58 PM
I say wait for the expansion and see if the population spikes a little. Hell I would suggest waiting for the expansion even if you ARE coming back. By then we will have alot more to do.

Mayu
Aug 19, 2007, 07:58 PM
Just go to a hot spot silly and you will be fine

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 19, 2007, 08:00 PM
The only way our community will grow is if somehow the game was advertised more broadly.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 19, 2007, 08:08 PM
uhm, go to a hotspot, random party, meet people

Every single one of my friends I met through the game... and in fact 90% of the people I play with now, had their groups of friends before I ever became their friend too

It's not that hard to meet people, even just talking in "populated" lobbies can gain you new friends

THE JACKEL

Piper_Maru
Aug 19, 2007, 08:15 PM
Well, the population is kinda small. I think that if everyone played on Uni 2 instead of doing their own thing, there would be at least 3 stars.

The community is pretty good from what I've seen though. When you DO find people to party with, they are generally nice folks. Just the other day I told someone I partied with a few things about me that I would generally be shunned or blacklisted for, and he was like totally ok with it, and he didnt even really ask me stupid questions.

Although, I have seen one scammer, but it was a pretty easy to see scam. One of those 'duplicate your weapon', at the benches on floor 4 (My hiding place ^_^)

EDIT: This was on the PS2 server btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Piper_Maru on 2007-08-19 18:16 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Aug 19, 2007, 08:27 PM
Theres a good 800 people at peek hours on the PS2/PC servers, But the thing is, If you come back now and level up you will be able to do all the cool fun stuff for high level players when AOI hits. Also as others have said, You can find many people just in lobbys and make friends quite easily.

BanF
Aug 19, 2007, 08:33 PM
On 2007-08-19 17:52, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
If you come back, you should consider Xbox 360 if you're able to, because there's a lot more people, and more people come in every day.

Buying a 360 just for PSU is a baaaad idea. He's better off keeping to the PC/PS2 version and hitting the popular spots.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 PM
Eh, I have trouble finding a decent party these days.
What are the current hotspots were people can actually party, not find a list of locked games.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 19, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-08-19 18:00, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
The only way our community will grow is if somehow the game was advertised more broadly.

You say 'more', which implies that there's any sort of advertisement for PSU at all.

xjustsumloser
Aug 19, 2007, 08:50 PM
come join us on 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif "It's where the flavor is"

HaydenX
Aug 19, 2007, 08:55 PM
On 2007-08-19 18:33, BanF wrote:

Buying a 360 just for PSU is a baaaad idea. He's better off keeping to the PC/PS2 version and hitting the popular spots.

There isn't any reason why everybody shouldn't own a 360. Between a more heavily populated PSU, Halo 3, Gears of War, tons of marketplace games, Partial-backwards compatibilty with original xbox, and various other games, owning a 360 is great. I still can't wait to try Shadowrun (no money and my blockbuster has had it rented out since release).

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 19, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-08-19 18:55, HaydenX wrote:

There isn't any reason why everybody shouldn't own a 360. Between a more heavily populated PSU, Halo 3, Gears of War, tons of marketplace games, Partial-backwards compatibilty with original xbox, and various other games, owning a 360 is great. I still can't wait to try Shadowrun (no money and my blockbuster has had it rented out since release).

let's see
I enjoy PSU on my laptop with the friends I have
Don't need Halo 3, Halo is not that grand of an FPS
Gears of War is good, but I'd rather play with a friend offline than go online with it, and my friend has it on his 360 anyways

yeah... there's no special reason for me to get a 360. Not to mention I don't have the money for it. So there are plenty of reasons to not get a 360.

But the main point is, do not buy a 360 just for PSU, it isn't worth it.

*flame war start* lol

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-08-19 19:12 ]</font>

Zorafim
Aug 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
It's not a Wii, and it cannot play Nintendo games, which are the only games left that are worth anything.

On 2007-08-19 18:55, HaydenX wrote:

Fleur-de-Lis
Aug 19, 2007, 09:18 PM
A couple of points...

I think the post about not purchasing a 360 for PSU is a solid one. However, 360 has a decent library in a variety of genres, including all of the retro goodness on arcade. If there are other titles that intrigue you (for the times when you don't feel up to PSU, if any), and you have the cash, the community is substantially larger. Which brings me to...

...360 and voicechat. I must admit, I felt some trepidation about this aspect. So far, in the 30 hours I've been able to log online since going 360, I've been in only one party where the conversation was mildly unpleasant, due to the overuse of the word 'rape'. It lasted 60 seconds or so, and I simply told the party that I had to turn off VC to talk to a roommate. No one seemed to have a problem and we continued for a few missions before parting ways.

As far as timing is concerned, it depends on your desire to return. For mere curiosity, I'd recommend waiting for AotI; the population spike, particularly on PS2, will be a godsend if you have been left behind in the LV department. I couldn't wait, so I came back a little early...

The game's vastly underrated, and worth getting into again, in my opinion.

Parn
Aug 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
Mass Effect will be game of the year. I see it coming already. Probably one of the biggest reasons to own a 360. The game in my signature that's coming next month is another reason. There's also Treasure's unannounced ultra-secret project, Every Extend Extra Extreme, another untitled MMORPG from Square Enix incoming, Ace Combat 6, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, and the list goes on and on and on...

Being able to play Phantasy Star Universe on the platform with the largest userbase and least chance to be ruined by cheating is a bonus.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 19, 2007, 09:31 PM
this is not a console competition... everyone has their damn preferences

all we are saying is do not buy the 360 because of PSU, and I think anyone can agree with that.

THE JACKEL

Parn
Aug 19, 2007, 09:35 PM
http://synbios.net/images/misc/popcorn.gif

Sychosis
Aug 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-08-19 19:31, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

all we are saying is do not buy the 360 because of PSU, and I think anyone can agree with that.

THE JACKEL

I dunno, $550 for 2,000+ hours of entertainment is a good deal IMO.

Way cheaper than going to the movies...

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 19, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-08-19 19:54, Sychosis wrote:

THE JACKEL

or already owning a laptop/PC, and paying 30 dollars for the PC version of the game, for the same number of hours, is way better of a deal

THE JACKEL

McLaughlin
Aug 19, 2007, 10:04 PM

Truth be here.

Sychosis
Aug 20, 2007, 07:38 AM
On 2007-08-19 20:00, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-08-19 19:54, Sychosis wrote:

THE JACKEL

or already owning a laptop/PC, and paying 30 dollars for the PC version of the game, for the same number of hours, is way better of a deal

THE JACKEL

That's debatable.

BLADE_EDGE
Aug 20, 2007, 07:45 AM
On 2007-08-19 17:46, Yoiyami wrote:

On 2007-08-19 17:44, pikachief wrote:

Darn it, people are still all anti-social!? Bad news, bad news indeed.

I was hoping to hear about how the community came together and blossomed, forming the ultimate carebear MMORPG. That'd be a fun thing to see. D:

EDIT: Or at least less locked rooms and more players. *pouts*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2007-08-19 17:47 ]</font>

not true i think people will join a party when jaggo hunting is over and if you are running s runs on parum you will always find a good size party

also so much has been added to the game like s rank weapons which bring the game to a whole new level, her secret mission gives 10k for a c rank mission that takes 13 minutes, so i think i wont quit im gonna stay playing much longer.

Kylie
Aug 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
had their groups of friends before I ever became their friend too
Oh? Stealing people, are we? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif That's funny because 90% of the friends I've made were on the road to quitting the game before I met them, but I guess I have that, "shut up, you're playing with me," quality that gives them no choice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif To be honest, it's a rare occasion when I pursue a friend with anyone that already has friends... That is unless they're special. *pokes Jackel* Actually, I think that's because I tend to take things from my past to heart, and since I've dealt with a possessive person before, claiming I stole their friend, I just stay away from attached people now or don't bother trying to hang out with them after a while of being told, "um, maybe later; hanging out with ______ now." Anyways, OP, I still enjoy the game, but if you quit back then because of dissatisfactions... chances are you won't be happy now because it's basically just a few harder levels on the same old mission. However, you'll definitely wanna check out the expansion, and Idunno if you'd mind being 20 or whatever levels below everyone else. Though, apparently, there will be a lot of lowbies again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Sekani
Aug 20, 2007, 10:48 AM
S-rank hunting and the brutally low drop rate associated with them has more or less ruined the community and threatens to ruin the game in general.

-dis-
Aug 20, 2007, 10:55 AM
On 2007-08-20 08:48, Sekani wrote:
S-rank hunting and the brutally low drop rate associated with them has more or less ruined the community and threatens to ruin the game in general.

Yep.

60Hz
Aug 20, 2007, 10:56 AM
HSM is packed and you can easily find a pick up party.

Hot springs is packed an dyou can easily find a pick up party.

What it seems like is some people dont know where anything is and so they cant find pick-up games. Thats too bad, i guess in AOI they will have that hot spot finder, that will help those who are in the dark out.

In terms of population there are enough people playing that i meet people all the time. yes there are a lot of hunting parties, or soloist but there are a bunch of open games if you know where to go. No it's not wow numbers but i'm pretty happy with the size of the community...

ThEoRy
Aug 20, 2007, 10:59 AM

THE JACKEL

I disagree. PSU was THE reason I purchased a 360.
best purchase ever!!

xjustsumloser
Aug 20, 2007, 11:06 AM
I actually will be quite honest. The main reason I did get a 360 was for PSU. Though I wanted a "next gen" system, and PSU was the game the started my debate of which one to get. Mind you the current library was what assured it for me, and now that BC is nearing completion I couldnt say no. My best friend actually bought a 360 two months ago just for PSU, but he did it the cheapest way possible and as slowly as possible. Bought a used core unit. I loaned him a memory card, friend loaned him a headset. and I spotted him some cash for the game. Mind you now he has a wireless headset, 120GB HDD and such and will be getting the new RPGS coming out and some games that already exist, but hi smain game is PSU right now.

I wouldnt say PSU is a system selling game at all, but if you are really that dedicated to playing it, its worth it IMO. but thats just my two cents, not trying to start a flame/platform war.

Fredrick
Aug 20, 2007, 11:12 AM

Why is it a bad idea? People who play this game spend thousands of hours on it.

I bought a 360 just for DOA and only have ~300 hours on that. I never felt like that was a "bad" decision.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-08-20 09:13 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Aug 20, 2007, 11:22 AM
locklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklo cklock

Before the feud starts up in this thread.

Yoiyami
Aug 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
I kind of forgot I made this thread...*cough*

There really hasn't been a feud. Just people sharing the opinions on the different console versions. *shrug* I have a 360, tried the 360 version, hated it, probably won't try it again. I had some bad experiences, that's just me.

I'm not exactly the "social butterfly" type. Most of the people I meet, I meet purely because we made some sort of connection totally by accident. It's very rare that I pursue anyone, they'd have to be extremely interesting to me. XD So, that makes it a little hard for me to meet people... Kay, extremely hard. But because I'm so picky, my friendships last for years, so I'm not really complaining.

I was thinking of coming back to level so I could do all the high level stuff, like <insert username here> pointed out. I'm just worried about getting bored with soloing, so I wanted to see if the community had grown any or something. Guess not. Thanks for all the feedback though, guys. ^___^

Kylie
Aug 20, 2007, 01:33 PM
Well, Yoiyami, it sounds like the PS2 / PC servers are perfect for you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Anyways, I personally don't think that being down to two or three stars is that terrible... that's like 400-600+ people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Over five times what the game that I came from had. And I do pursue people sometimes, but most of my meetings are accidents too, and there's still good chances of being able to pull that off. Idunno, I guess it just depends.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 20, 2007, 01:41 PM
the thing that gets me is, people want a large community, but as soon as you make a group of friends, you'll basically always play with them anyways... so does it matter if there's 10 other people, or 1 million. Not really if you have fun with friends, it's more to show off to random azz people you don't know, oh look I have this and you don't, which happens all the time! Either that or it's just spamming/flaming in the lobbies

THE JACKEL

Yoiyami
Aug 20, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-08-20 11:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
the thing that gets me is, people want a large community, but as soon as you make a group of friends, you'll basically always play with them anyways... so does it matter if there's 10 other people, or 1 million. Not really if you have fun with friends, it's more to show off to random azz people you don't know, oh look I have this and you don't, which happens all the time! Either that or it's just spamming/flaming in the lobbies

THE JACKEL

Ho wow, sounds like a lot of emotional baggage there. >_>;;

Sure you'll always hang with your group of friends, but when they aren't on for whatever reason, you'll have others to play with. It's...as simple as that.

Thanks, Kylie. I feel all welcomed and stuff even though I haven't even revived my account. XD The expansion has got me all excited again. I hope it brings this game to life.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 20, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-08-20 11:51, Yoiyami wrote:

THE JACKEL

Sure you'll always hang with your group of friends, but when they aren't on for whatever reason, you'll have others to play with. It's...as simple as that.

Thanks, Kylie. I feel all welcomed and stuff even though I haven't even revived my account. XD The expansion has got me all excited again. I hope it brings this game to life.

lol hardly emotional baggage, it's just what I see, and what happens, anyone can attest to that on either system

And I've made enough friends that at least 1 is on at all times, in my experience. Too bad I'm not on nearly as much as I use to thanks to school starting back up.

THE JACKEL

Yoiyami
Aug 20, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-08-20 11:59, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-08-20 11:51, Yoiyami wrote:

THE JACKEL

lol hardly emotional baggage, it's just what I see, and what happens, anyone can attest to that on either system

And I've made enough friends that at least 1 is on at all times, in my experience. Too bad I'm not on nearly as much as I use to thanks to school starting back up.

THE JACKEL

School started for you already? Aww man, that has to suck. *patpat*

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 20, 2007, 02:10 PM
On 2007-08-20 12:06, Yoiyami wrote:
School started for you already? Aww man, that has to suck. *patpat*

classes are hardly the worst part of school starting back up again this year. I'm so sick of reporters, I've had my fill for a lifetime

THE JACKEL

Kylie
Aug 20, 2007, 02:27 PM
Gross, writing assignments... don't remind me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Gen2000
Aug 20, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-08-20 08:55, -dis- wrote:

Yep.

Yepx2.

And lawl at the current Hotspots. HSM is insanely boring past lv.50 since the only rank anyone play is Crank anyway mainly for the fastest MP/meseta(supposedly) spam in under 10 min. The experience gain is horrible pass lv.30ish because of the "Crank spam only" mentality there. Trying to get a Brank mission of that is a pain and close to impossible for Arank and just very annoying because of the mission set-up.

Cost of Research is like Labs-lite, quick easy mission with high MP/Meseta payoff. It lacks the experience gain of Labs but at the moment this would probably be the only place you see a list of more than 5 non-locked games at the moment. Yeah CoR lobby area is packed but 90% of those guys are AFK. It's all about the mission list which at best only has like 4 or 5 open games at "peaked" times.

Everywhere else either has no games on the list or the 2 games you find are locked (gotta find that Srank!) or it's some super low leveled player playing like a C/Brank version of the mission.

It's nice trying to get people back but at least be fair and keep it real. If you hated the 360 version then I guess you are better off just waiting on AoI (and hoping it gets a big boom of people back like most expect) if you were already bored with the previous state of the game which was in much better shape than it is now community wise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-08-20 12:38 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 02:42 PM

Word.

-dis-
Aug 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
I like my friends mostly because none of us find anything so I don't get jealous.

Yunfa
Aug 20, 2007, 03:43 PM
- Buying a 360 just for PSU is a baaaad idea.
- But the main point is, do not buy a 360 just for PSU (Jackel)
- all we are saying is do not buy the 360 because of PSU, and I think anyone can agree with that. (Jackel)
- or already owning a laptop/PC, and paying 30 dollars for the PC version of the game, for the same number of hours, is way better of a deal (Jackel)

psh "anyone can agree?" give me a break, i bought my 360 Elite two weeks ago SOLEY for the purpose to play PSU on the 360 servers because the PC/PS2 version bored me to death. Jackel, from your comments i sense that ur defending ur pathetic laptop very much on playing the game for PC, well u mentioned that "oh its a better deal for 30$ for the game w/ the same hours"

- WRONG! I will definatly sit comfortably on my nice coach playing on my 1080i 70" TV with BOSE surround than sitting in front of a PC. PC version still that great? I think not! We will then obviously be enjoying a entirely different gaming experience.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/Finaldrawer/Picture.jpg

(BOSE which btw is pretty dam good system, however in a previous post a while back there was a BOSE hater, i did some research, and in the end ive concluded that in our currently society of America, you buy for what u pay for, and if u spend 3k for a surround system, its good no matter what brand it is)

(Another note, i was checking up my account on my ps2/pc version, when i noticed the DRASTICALLY graphic difference when i changed my TV to video 3 for the ps2 version, they werent kidding about how great graphic difference the 1080i is. Its like comparing a shrivled up apple and one of those plastic apples that look perfect.)

Oh and, i bought a Japanese Wii($600) just for 2 games. (I swear most of my impulse purchases are from Play-asia w/ all the good imports thats either not hitting the U.S. or is going to take years.)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/Finaldrawer/Picture001.jpg

Back to the topic at hand, (man that felt good) uve mentioned u played on the 360 version and uve had some "bad experiences," maybe u were one of those people who were having virtial pleasure and some random shopper found out?! haha just kidding, i still say go for the 360 version just because theres 3x the population. I dunno what bad experiences uve had before in the past but u should stay on the 360. You acually have to work for ur goodies instead of having 50+millions of meseta from the leftovers when the PC players abused the meseta. Its just no fun with everyone having full A rank palletes walking around with 10mill

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 20, 2007, 03:53 PM
dude, getting it SOLELY for PSU, with no intention of playing another game on it, is just dumb. Maybe you have the money to throw away, but I don't.

The only reason someone would be bored with PC/PS2 is because they have no friends on it. Friends and people to play with is the main draw of a damn online game anyways. I greatly enjoy playing on my laptop. It's portable and I can play anywhere I damn well please, my entire campus has wireless. So good for you enjoying there sitting on your couch, with surround sound and 70" screen, but I don't have nearly that kind of money. And from a monetary view, buying a system for one game is just idiocy.

PS: Seriously all you proved is that you have money to waste

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-08-20 13:57 ]</font>

Yunfa
Aug 20, 2007, 03:58 PM
portable yes, battery lasting? Last time i checked, even my 2 grand Sony Vaio's battery only last me about 2 hours when im watching anime non-stop, bleh maybe i need to look into those uber laptop batteries...if theres any

Haha sorry Jackel if u took any offence, that is very understandable when one's budget is limited, but next time when u join a console debate, well $$$ comes in to play, now Jackel if u can somehow make ur laptop have the same gaming experience as mine, then, *whistles* ill be very impressed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-08-20 13:58, Yunfa wrote:
portable yes, battery lasting? Last time i checked, even my 2 grand Sony Vaio's battery only last me about 2 hours when im watching anime non-stop, bleh maybe i need to look into those uber laptop batteries...if theres any

Haha sorry Jackel if u took any offence, that is very understandable when one's budget is limited, but next time when u join a console debate, well $$$ comes in to play, now Jackel if u can somehow make ur laptop have the same gaming experience as mine, then, *whistles* ill be very impressed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

the important part to me about the gaming experience of an online game, is the people I play it with

and no, I can't make my laptop have the same gaming experience as yours, because I don't have even close to the level of money to pay for it. Fuck, I have a Wii sitting here, but no TV to set it up on... my TV last year was my roomates, and I can't afford to get one, without giving up buying say, textbooks

And running the game, my batteries last a good 4 hours, actually, and I have 2 of them, and there are plugs for every sit in most of the classrooms too. Virginia Tech isn't exactly lacking in technology here

THE JACKEL

MrNomad
Aug 20, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-08-20 13:43, Yunfa wrote:
- Buying a 360 just for PSU is a baaaad idea.
- But the main point is, do not buy a 360 just for PSU (Jackel)
- all we are saying is do not buy the 360 because of PSU, and I think anyone can agree with that. (Jackel)
- or already owning a laptop/PC, and paying 30 dollars for the PC version of the game, for the same number of hours, is way better of a deal (Jackel)

psh "anyone can agree?" give me a break, i bought my 360 Elite two weeks ago SOLEY for the purpose to play PSU on the 360 servers because the PC/PS2 version bored me to death. Jackel, from your comments i sense that ur defending ur pathetic laptop very much on playing the game for PC, well u mentioned that "oh its a better deal for 30$ for the game w/ the same hours"

- WRONG! I will definatly sit comfortably on my nice coach playing on my 1080i 70" TV with BOSE surround than sitting in front of a PC. PC version still that great? I think not! We will then obviously be enjoying a entirely different gaming experience.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/Finaldrawer/Picture.jpg

(BOSE which btw is pretty dam good system, however in a previous post a while back there was a BOSE hater, i did some research, and in the end ive concluded that in our currently society of America, you buy for what u pay for, and if u spend 3k for a surround system, its good no matter what brand it is)

(Another note, i was checking up my account on my ps2/pc version, when i noticed the DRASTICALLY graphic difference when i changed my TV to video 3 for the ps2 version, they werent kidding about how great graphic difference the 1080i is. Its like comparing a shrivled up apple and one of those plastic apples that look perfect.)

Oh and, i bought a Japanese Wii($600) just for 2 games. (I swear most of my impulse purchases are from Play-asia w/ all the good imports thats either not hitting the U.S. or is going to take years.)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/Finaldrawer/Picture001.jpg

Back to the topic at hand, (man that felt good) uve mentioned u played on the 360 version and uve had some "bad experiences," maybe u were one of those people who were having virtial pleasure and some random shopper found out?! haha just kidding, i still say go for the 360 version just because theres 3x the population. I dunno what bad experiences uve had before in the past but u should stay on the 360. You acually have to work for ur goodies instead of having 50+millions of meseta from the leftovers when the PC players abused the meseta. Its just no fun with everyone having full A rank palletes walking around with 10mill

Umm, you know that bleach game SEGA made in japan you have? Its being made in the states as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif look up the sega site sily. And im not saying you blew 600$> for some games that are actually being made in USA, im just saying you could wait and here more about when the game comes out in USA. Besides, I blew over 300> getting a japanese ps2 just to play the newest guilty gear 2 ^core, only to hear that it will be coming to usa now =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrNomad on 2007-08-20 14:27 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-08-20 13:36, -dis- wrote:
I like my friends mostly because none of us find anything so I don't get jealous.

Oh, we find other things to make you jealous....like Nosdiga. And the ability to change clothes. And our bad-ass shortcuts!

omegapirate2k
Aug 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:31, JAFO22000 wrote:

Oh, we find other things to make you jealous....like Nosdiga. And the ability to change clothes. And our bad-ass shortcuts!

Don't forget it when you find the matzot, thats like... $5 right there.

This topic seems to have served its purpose if I do say so myself, it's on it's way to a rather nasty console war, and we know how all you mods love those.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 20, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:45, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-08-20 14:31, JAFO22000 wrote:

Don't forget it when you find the matzot, thats like... $5 right there.

This topic seems to have served its purpose if I do say so myself, it's on it's way to a rather nasty console war, and we know how all you mods love those.

the funny thing is, I have nothing against the 360, just against buying any system for any single game.

Seriously, if I had a 360 and internet connection, or if he has one already, sure go ahead and get it on 360, but at that point it's personal preference. Honestly, I only see 360 players hating PC/PS2(system and people), not PC/PS2 ever hating 360(maybe the people, not the system)

THE JACKEL

omegapirate2k
Aug 20, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:50, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
the funny thing is, I have nothing against the 360, just against buying any system for any single game.

I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the topic as a whole, it served it's purpose, what's left now is probably going to end up as a flame war, regardless of your intentions.

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 04:59 PM
Honestly, I only see 360 players hating PC/PS2(system and people), not PC/PS2 ever hating 360(maybe the people, not the system)

THE JACKEL

Yes, I HATE the PC system!!! Waitaminute, I'm POSTING on a PC right now...oh, the irony!

Sinue_v2
Aug 20, 2007, 05:39 PM
- WRONG! I will definatly sit comfortably on my nice coach playing on my 1080i 70" TV with BOSE surround than sitting in front of a PC. PC version still that great? I think not!

I'll put this in the simplest terms possible:

1. Spending that much cash for ANY console to just play ONE game is the epitome of wasteful stupidity. Fools and their money, as the saying goes... Although that's not a detraction against those who buy a 360 for the main purpose of PSU, but use it to play the other games. The 360 is a great system, and it needs to be experienced. PSU alone won't offer that.

2. If you really want to play from the couch, then for far cheaper than a X360 you can outfit your PC to display through your HDTV as well as have all the wireless devices you could ever need. Including the 360 controller itself.

3. Although dependent on your PC's specs, the PC can run PSU at a higher resolution, faster frame rate, less load time, ect. It just preforms SO much better on a decent PC. The 360 version has some serious slowdown issues, longer load times, and still has that annoying tenancy to occasionally unload techs in large parties with a lot of action going on.

4. The community is a lot better on the 360 version due to it's greater breadth of players. Xbox Live makes things quite convienent as well, although it's possible to get all of the niceties the 360 offers (aside from gamerscore) on the PC - you just have to work at it, and it's not very uniform or concice.

5. PC version allows for screenshots, movies (fraps), chat logs, ect.

So really it boils down to three things. How much cash you have, how much you want a more diverse and larger community, and what do you expect out of the performance level and versatilely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-20 15:44 ]</font>

Schubalts
Aug 20, 2007, 06:34 PM
You guys know he/she has tried the 360 version already, right?

Sekani
Aug 20, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:59, JAFO22000 wrote:

Honestly, I only see 360 players hating PC/PS2(system and people), not PC/PS2 ever hating 360(maybe the people, not the system)

THE JACKEL

Yes, I HATE the PC system!!! Waitaminute, I'm POSTING on a PC right now...oh, the irony!

No irony here, I hate the PS2 with a fucking passion (for reasons that have nothing to do with PSU).

And since this topic is gonna get locked in five minutes, I'd like to congratulate Yunfa for messing up this thread by thinking anyone cares that he's Daddy Warbucks.

Yunfa
Aug 20, 2007, 09:17 PM
@ Sekani (ur that dude who dissed BOSE!!! *shakes fist*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif My dad's been in China for the past year for business, i dont think we get money from war if thats wut u meant. I was just had to put my 2cents in when i read the pages of people saying they wudnt buy 360 just for PSU, i mean cmon i would go that for just for PSU, we're all PSU fans here so there should be more luving going around then throw anger in the air.

BTW, u said u hate the PS2 with a f---ing passion, well, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i hate you for hating PS2, an enemy of PS2 is an enemy of me! Whahaha! O w8 i own the 360, oops. :3

Cracka_J
Aug 20, 2007, 10:29 PM
I just read through this thread....
I want my 5 minutes back.

purdylink
Aug 20, 2007, 10:50 PM
I want my lost brain cells back...

KoolAidPitcher
Aug 21, 2007, 10:28 AM

The 360 has other good games too -.-. Also, the unified friends list makes it easy to play with the same people across many different games. I met a majority of my PSU friends on Dead or Alive 4. We now regularly play PSU, DOA4, and Bomberman Live.

PS: Get a warrantee if you get a 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. Microsoft F-ed up on reliability.

Schubalts
Aug 21, 2007, 05:53 PM
That's not the point of what they were saying. The point was: It's STUPID to buy a whole new system for one game.

If you want the other games on the 360, it's not just for PSU is it?

Illumiatus
Aug 21, 2007, 05:56 PM
Well if you have the money to spend, go for 360. I play PC personally, and its just fine.

KoolAidPitcher
Aug 21, 2007, 09:45 PM
My 360 died on me only hours after writing that post. I may get the PC version and play both xD. I'm THAT addicted. Anyway, I've had my 360 since launch, and it just died on me. It's under warrantee, but Microsoft f-ed up on this one.

Syl
Aug 21, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-08-19 19:35, Parn wrote:
http://synbios.net/images/misc/popcorn.gif

oh god lol

Yoiyami
Aug 22, 2007, 08:50 AM
*sniffle* This thread isn't even about me or what I posted about anymore. My thread has been hijacked! D: *sobs*

Dhylec
Aug 22, 2007, 09:01 AM
On 2007-08-22 06:50, Yoiyami wrote:
*sniffle* This thread isn't even about me or what I posted about anymore. My thread has been hijacked! D: *sobs*

Then let me put it out of misery, gently.