PDA

View Full Version : Why we quit...

MrChampion
Aug 19, 2007, 10:07 PM
I want to know everyone's opinion on this one... I love PSU but I quit until AoI because of the stupid drop rates of rares and s ranks. I've spent hours and hours killing stuff to find nothing. And to be honest the stuff you find isn't that great comparatively. So tell me how many people have quit or thougt of quitting PSU because of absurd drop rates.

Lykos
Aug 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
I don't play as much because it's boring, and there's better games to play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lykos on 2007-08-19 20:09 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Aug 19, 2007, 10:10 PM
Change "Game isn't fun" to "Game isn't fun (anymore)" and change "People in game" to "(Lack of) people in game."

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 19, 2007, 10:12 PM
lack of anything to strive for, and anyone to keep you playing

the only thing left for you is S ranks, and you could spend forever and never get them, so it's hardly something to strive for

the ONLY reason I still play right now is the people, cause I just got my togeha

THE JACKEL

pikachief
Aug 19, 2007, 10:12 PM
yup, like how i just recently discovered that over 2000 hours of pressing the X button in front of the same looking enemies in the same looking places ISNT fun XD

BanF
Aug 19, 2007, 10:14 PM
Once the game stops calling you back, it's time to call it quits.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 19, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-08-19 20:09, Lykos wrote:
I don't play as much because it's boring, and there's better games to play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lykos on 2007-08-19 20:09 ]</font>

________
Tx311M (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_TX311M)

Mystil
Aug 19, 2007, 10:22 PM
Of course I picked the option of "because of people".

PSU's community is. . ."daunting".

It blows ass man.

MrChampion
Aug 19, 2007, 10:25 PM
I thought more people would agree with me about the drops, so far it looks like a more general reason, theres no variety. You lvl up then lvl up some more. Then you seach for stuff to do, and with out finding it you quit. Gotcha!

Zorafim
Aug 19, 2007, 10:26 PM
Well, I haven't quit yet, but I know many people who have. Their reason is,

PSU sucks

Most of the time, I wish they were more specific.

pikachief
Aug 19, 2007, 10:28 PM
On 2007-08-19 20:12, pikachief wrote:
yup, like how i just recently discovered that over 2000 hours of pressing the X button in front of the same looking enemies in the same looking places ISNT fun XD

that, dumb people, and i have HORRIBLE luck with drops and cant find anything are my reasons for quitting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MrChampion
Aug 19, 2007, 10:28 PM
HEY SONIC TEAM!!!! IF YOU'RE LISTENING GET YOUR $h!T TOGETHER.

XDeviousX
Aug 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
I have no reason to go out of my way to hunt anything for any reason other then it looks cool.... If the weapons were more appealing, and or, had better drop rates then maybe I'd be more hyped about playing, but I've been bored for awhile since my original character was a force when ST decided 6 techs online to start with was a good idea... (Foi, diga, resta, anti, zonde, and barta) and no reason to even go fortetecher when it was added...

I also feel like ST cheated the gaming community by passing of a beta test as a full version of a game.... I understand that they needed to keep a deadline to keep interest, but I'd rather have waited for them to have everything finished instead of having them rush an incomplete an fustraiting shell of a game. I'm casually playing until AOI and if that suck too I'm done buying Seag products...

Blitzkommando
Aug 19, 2007, 11:04 PM
PSU wasn't fun to me. I'll occasionally pine for some PSO action, but PSU? Nope. Nothing. The game simply is unexciting and boring. The community is small, and what's left isn't really worth going back to seeing quite frankly.

AlexCraig
Aug 19, 2007, 11:17 PM
I played Offline PSU for about 2-3 days. Lost interest in it quickly. It just didn't give me the great feeling the PSO did.

Uncle_bob
Aug 20, 2007, 03:17 AM
It's something to play when I'm bored. The only thing to really do is level up. I don't have time to spend looking for "lol rars".

The game is plain, people quit.

Katrina
Aug 20, 2007, 06:21 AM
I was reeally looking forward to PSU, and did enjoy the limited time i played. The game was just too repetitive for me after a while, and i ended up switching to something else.

Many ppl enjoy the playstyle of PSU, and I would love to see an actuall MMO emersive world based on PS. The lore, history, and style of PS have been established over the years, are top notch, and just as emmersive history wise as EQ, WoW, or any other long standing MMO.

UnderscoreX
Aug 20, 2007, 06:44 AM
PSU sucks

urafatrodent
Aug 20, 2007, 10:44 AM
The thing that kept me was the whole idea of the battle system, I love it, and with the Photon Arts, it's brilliantly fun to play.

The problem is there's a real lack of content (rare weapons to be exact) and what is in the game is so fucking hard to find it's not worth your time, not to mention the whole sything factor.

If they added the crap loads of rares like they did in PSO, I'd be hooked, as thats the reson why I played PSO.

Though I am intrested in the Just Attack/Just Counter idea in AoI. I might just have to try...

CupOfCoffee
Aug 20, 2007, 01:45 PM
I think had roughly the same experience as AlexCraig. I bought it when it came out, found out my dorm internet connection wouldn't work, had to do this retarded thing with a dialup number and a router, and when I finally got online... didn't see anything I liked. All the characters looked the same and all equally terrible, there were were ghostly blue mannequins running around all over the place, and somehow the graphics looked even worse than PSO's had looked to me. I was playing the PS2 version, to be fair, but... yeeeeah. PSU wasn't at all my cup of tea. It might have been a few years ago when I was still a general fan of video games, but not these days. Later that afternoon, I was canceling my license and stupid dialup connection and logging happily onto Warcraft, haha.

Solstis
Aug 21, 2007, 12:20 AM
I really enjoyed the character customization options, but that was about it. Grinding was tolerable, since the combat was pretty fun.

I took a month long break, came back, saw that everyone was lolhigherlevel, and quit for good.

MetaZedlen
Aug 21, 2007, 02:22 PM
I quit playing the game all in all because it just seems to lack the greatness of PSO, and I still play PSO because it seems to be more constructive.

DikkyRay
Aug 21, 2007, 02:33 PM
The only reason im playing is im doing the comic, and all my friends are on PSU.
Once im done with the comic though, im going back to WoW

Zorafim
Aug 21, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-08-20 04:44, UnderscoreX wrote:
PSU sucks

See what I mean?

AlexCraig
Aug 21, 2007, 04:56 PM
I didn't EVEN have online, Coffee, but I doubt I would have enjoyed it either way. I stated my full reasoning in another thread elsewhere.

JAFO22000
Aug 22, 2007, 12:28 PM
I agree with the OP about the drop rates. This is the main reason for me almost losing my interest in this game. Ever since I've stopped worrying about S-rank hunting, I've started enjoying the game more!

I find the game is still fun when I use my alt. I can still gain levels and job class levels along with leveling my PA's.

My capped main is not as fun to play as really the only thing I have to look forward to when playing this character are the rare drops. But, since these drop rates on S ranks are insane, it's really no fun playing this character any longer; Job class capped, level capped, techs pretty much capped.

Killing creatures gives me no XP and crappy drops.

Completing missions with an S rank give me nothing but a little extra meseta (if I was running for meseta, I'd be at Sealab...).

Defeating the S2 bosses yeilds nothing more than Carlian, Sweet Berry, Balji Truffle and a Dimate board.

Then, FINALLY when you see a red board on the ground after killing level 105 creatures for what seems like weeks upon end, you run over it only to see "[B] Seva Cresa" in the top left of your screen, and leave feeling like a cruel, cruel joke is being played on you with each new spawn....

Micki_Monday
Aug 22, 2007, 05:13 PM
For me, it really started after FB ended. Not like the game was extremely fun before hand, but after the event everything just went back to the same old boring missions.. Start quest, get to end, abandon, start quest again, rinse, repeat.
There's no variety in the quests they offer online.. if they offered diff types of quests like Endless Nightmare or TTF we'd atleast have a choice as to what to do.
Hunting for S ranks is also like.. kinda futile too since grinded 9*'s are better then the 10*'s, ( my +5-10 Howrods are better than my Halarods, and unless the ele % is high on a melee S rank, the 9* with the higher % is better ) which makes the hours of time wasted on getting them pointless until S rank grinder boards come out.

Anyways, I'm just trying to play a lil less often to keep from getting completely bored. Nagging Siertes and driving him insane helps too lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GoDz
Aug 23, 2007, 09:09 AM
if you quit because of the ppl in psu your just emo

Randomness
Aug 23, 2007, 08:49 PM
Game not fun really covers the other things, since they all can make a game NOT FUN.

But I just got bored to death with spamming one mission over and over and over and over and...

I've considered coming back once or twice, but since the player base for PC/PS2 is so small...

Scejntjynahl
Aug 23, 2007, 09:34 PM
I see most of the problems aforemention in this thread. And I concurr with them all. Some of the people in the community are lacking in proper etiquette and simple courtersy. The games/quests themselves are repetitive. The hunting of rares is frustrating since most likely you have to be of a high level to get to an S2 mission anyways. And even then you have to own the materials needed for the boards and hopefully your partner machinery will be of the right type to synth it. And even then . . . its all luck based. Makes me think that they combined the "luck" element of PSO3 and the insane difficult drop rate (for some of the rares that is) from PSO ep1&2.

Yet I still play. Simply put I look past those things. If I could put in over 2k hours into PSO and actually do nothing but just kill random/repetitive stuff (once I did TTF just up to the Dragon and repeated that for over 45 hours) and chat, I can do the same on PSU.

UnderscoreX
Aug 25, 2007, 01:11 AM
On 2007-08-21 14:46, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-08-20 04:44, UnderscoreX wrote:
PSU sucks

See what I mean?

What a crazy coincidence!

Weak
Aug 27, 2007, 03:19 AM
Every once in a while, when I enter the login screen and I listen to the background music while typing in the info, I get shivers.

Shivers of excitement. When PSU first came out, and I finally got the chance to go through the process of logging in and creating a character, I was ecstatic. Crazy. All the hopes, dreams, and anticipations were going to come true, right here.

In fact, a lot of the music in the game conjures fond memories that I won't ever forget.

The thing is, PSU wasn't bad. When it first launched, it was the most amazing online experience ever. Perhaps at the time, it was simply fanboy-ism or the initial wonder of "how does everything work". I was drawn to the game and I didn't want to stop for the coming weeks. The battle system drew me in entirely. All the awesome videos on the web were equally, if not more exciting to experience first-hand. Synthesizing felt great, even if weapons weren't higher than 5 and 6 star.

The overall atmosphere was just incredible, with a rather large population at launch and so many things to do and experience. Maintaining an in-game shop was one of the most rewarding things I'd done in an online game up until that point. I loved providing weapons to people at fair, if not undercutting prices.

For what little missions there were, I kept coming back because there were friends. People to hang out with, to experience the game with. At the time, it didn't matter if were running the same mission over and over.

As wonderful as it all was in the first few weeks, all of the fun just slowly faded away.

Post-production for the game was awful, as servers rarely recieved significant updates, and what was updated felt like nothing more than an increased grind.

Variety dwindled as character progression came to a screeching halt. Reaching a cap early on was fine, but the cold truth was that obtaining weapons of any rarity or mold-breaking power was impossible, simply because the server staff said so. Not to mention the rampant hacking which continued to drive people away.

People got bored. People quit. Friends vanished and the community caved in. Universe 1 and 2's five stars dropped to a maximum of 3 stars on Universe 1( or 2, now) while all the other universes laid untouched.

The game was killed by it's own creator, to me. If they provided the consistent content to keep everyone interested, the community wouldn't have nearly died. My interest wouldn't have fallen flat. I'd still be playing, and getting the same fuzzy feeling I had the week after launch.

If I had to describe PSU in one sentence, It'd be this:

"PSU is a short-term wonder, but a long-term disaster."

Let's hope AoI can defibrilate this universe in cardiac arrest.