PDA

View Full Version : Can someone quickly explain the Famitsu cup layout?

Agnostic187
Aug 20, 2007, 03:05 AM
Just really quick:

Do you have to complete a first party mission to unlock the EX mission, and once you BEAT the Ex mission, do you have to go back through the first mission again to play another EX mission, or once its unlocked, is it unlocked forever?

SaiSpagS
Aug 20, 2007, 06:22 AM
You have to do the party mission first, and score a perfect score, then you get to pick from the two EX missions and you get to do it. Then if you wish to do the EX mission again then you must do the party mission again with a perfect score.

Agnostic187
Aug 20, 2007, 06:26 AM
I thought it was three? So after you do 1 EX mission, you have to repeat the party mission again? Can it be on any rank?

SaiSpagS
Aug 20, 2007, 06:28 AM
Sorry, yeah I think your right about there being 3, although I think the third ones aren't available from the start (need confirmation)
Yes after you finish the EX mission you have to go back and do the party mission to access it again.
Yes, it's any rank. (Well, C,B,A as the event missions are)

Agnostic187
Aug 20, 2007, 06:30 AM
If you do the party mission on C can you do the EX On S or w/e?

SaiSpagS
Aug 20, 2007, 06:35 AM
The EX mission is the same rank as the party mission, also there is no S rank, as with the story missions and FireBreak missions they come in C, B and A.

Agnostic187
Aug 20, 2007, 06:37 AM
Well heres to hoping the A runs don't take 30 minutes to complete to get to the counter.

No time to abandon? Or is pretty much the boss teleportal teleport u to the EX? Nvm I guess ill figure it out, one day.

DragonStorm
Aug 20, 2007, 09:22 AM
there is 4 EX missions i believe, 3 and 4 dont come out until later in the event.

O and do whatever it takes and do A...it has lv 100 guys and the Ex mission 1 or 2...u can get a crea double or carriguine rucar...500% bonus drop rate. i cant wait!

Kuya
Aug 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
I can't wait.....to fail every board that drops from this event mission.

Mr_Confused
Aug 20, 2007, 10:40 AM
On 2007-08-20 08:22, Kuya wrote:
I can't wait.....to fail every board that drops from this event mission.

remeber that one of the rewards is a 20% increased synthesis sucsess rate.

Kairi_Li
Aug 20, 2007, 10:51 AM
On 2007-08-20 07:22, DragonStorm wrote:
there is 4 EX missions i believe, 3 and 4 dont come out until later in the event.

O and do whatever it takes and do A...it has lv 100 guys and the Ex mission 1 or 2...u can get a crea double or carriguine rucar...500% bonus drop rate. i cant wait!

We need Famitsu cup.

NOW!

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 20, 2007, 11:11 AM
Do you HAVE to be in a party when you do the EX Missions?

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 11:17 AM
Yes. I believe the whole point of the missions is to promote teamwork and friendship. There is some deeper meaning to these missions that will obviously be lost on you as all you seem to be thinking of is how you can get all of these rares for your own.

Ryna
Aug 20, 2007, 11:21 AM
On 2007-08-20 04:22, SaiSpagS wrote:
You have to do the party mission first, and score a perfect score, then you get to pick from the two EX missions and you get to do it. Then if you wish to do the EX mission again then you must do the party mission again with a perfect score.

You do not have to get a perfect score to get into the EX missions. After you complete a run, you are given a score in the range of 1 to 10. You'll get a S-Rank if you score 8+. This will open up the EX mission.

NexGen
Aug 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
Just a thought...Famitsu is a magazine in Japan, right? Of course, I'd love to see the mission over here in the states, but, why would a Japanese magazine company sponsor an event for us over here?

Sure, since the content is already there it could just be re-used - but what is the incentive for Sega to do this? I do hope we get something like this, but the business end of things just aren't adding up.

HFlowen
Aug 20, 2007, 02:42 PM
Japan plays on the 360 version with US and PAL.

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-08-20 12:41, NexGen wrote:
Just a thought...Famitsu is a magazine in Japan, right? Of course, I'd love to see the mission over here in the states, but, why would a Japanese magazine company sponsor an event for us over here?

Sure, since the content is already there it could just be re-used - but what is the incentive for Sega to do this? I do hope we get something like this, but the business end of things just aren't adding up.

1. They don't need a sponser, much like they didn't use "Netcafe" to sponser the Firebreak event in the NA/EU servers as they did on the JP servers.

2. A special wand called the "Famitsu Magazine" was given as a prize during this mission. Hackers have already confirmed the presence of an "EGM magazine" wand in the US version (on PS2 side, at least). I'll let you infer what you will about this.

Zorafim
Aug 20, 2007, 02:47 PM
So, I can't use this event to selfishly gain a Fuka and a Mugunruk. Right. Ah, what to do...

Soulvayne
Aug 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
What ever happened to the deal Sega had with 1up.com way back when PSU came out in regards to being Sega's voice for Updates and such, I'd figure if they were still doing that they could be a likely "Sponsor" for some sort of event.

NexGen
Aug 20, 2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I know about the EGM items in the database, but those items were in the database since long before release. It's just a thought of mine anyhow - I'm sure some people might get angry at that thought because they want the Famitsu cup so much...

Maybe I just don't see the sponsorship/$$$ sense in it. Also: I hope my thought is wrong http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 20, 2007, 03:40 PM
so it will more likely be EGM cup?

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
It could be EGM cup. I don't know why ST would put that item in if they didn't have a deal with EGM. That's not counting the possible copyright infringement if EGM didn't approve it's use.

I would assume that ST contacted EGM last year before PSU was released about a possible event scheduled for their game in 2008. They then probably gave them the details and asked if they could use the EGM logo (etc.) for a prize item in the giveaway. At the very least, EGM would have agreed based soley on the fact that it's free advertising.

As far as I can tell, Famitsu didn't necessarily "sponser" the Famitsu Cup, as in giving ST money for things.

I believe Netcafe did sponser the Firebreak in Japan though, as the Japanese players could win real-life prizes and received special drop rates from logging in and playing at a Netcafe site, etc...

Sasamichan
Aug 20, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-08-20 13:40, DaRkWoLf30 wrote:
so it will more likely be EGM cup?

As of now, no. Just wait to see when the JP site makes an update.

pikachief
Aug 20, 2007, 04:48 PM
You all seem very very confused.

Event is 5 weeks long i believe.

1st week we get a new parum mission. If u S rank that parum mission than u gain excess to 1 of 2 EX missions. You get 3 min. to kill as many monsters as u can. There are a total of 80 monsters. The more monsters u kill the better the drops. Every week they add a new Mission and take out the previous mission. Last week they put in all 4 missions, and then put in a third EX mission.

EXAMPLE: Week 4 they have the HIVE mission. There is a 4 player party max to these missions, and the lvl req. for A is only 55. If u get a perfect score on A rank, which has lvl 100+ monsters in it, u gain access to 1 of 2 EX missions. If u pick Ex mission 1 for example, u get to fight waves of gaozarons and Deljabans who have the %500 increase drop rate on all rares including their goazaron rod, crimson, del jagnus, deljabaner, deljaban blade, crea doubles, crimson, and every other rare there.

After every wave of monsters, boxes will spawn. Every time boxes spawn tehre will be better and better rares in them. Example, Kerselines and chicotites, then vestalines and vulcalines, the morbinias, and junalines, then merculines and diads, and so on and so on. If you do happen to get to the last of the 80 monsters, the last 10 will be the bigger variety of monsters(here wil be gaozarons) and they will all be buffed. After all 80 enemies are killed, boss boxes will spawn, giving u the %500 increase on boss box rares. Like for the Hive ex missions u can get the full 9* wand, the ank dedda and some rare units and so on.

and yes u have to do the missions over and over again, the EX missions are only 3 min long, and its more like a bonus stage.

omegapirate2k
Aug 20, 2007, 05:00 PM
On 2007-08-20 09:17, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yes. I believe the whole point of the missions is to promote teamwork and friendship. There is some deeper meaning to these missions that will obviously be lost on you as all you seem to be thinking of is how you can get all of these rares for your own.

A way to reward teamwork and STILL get S ranks? These seem to be what the servers need, until the next batch of S ranks come out.

XD

FUFME
Aug 20, 2007, 05:10 PM
Why the F_ cant Sega make any announcement. I think it's BS for us to wait the last minute to find any word on this event

Rashiid
Aug 20, 2007, 07:48 PM
maybe cause we may not get it?

-Tidus_415-
Aug 20, 2007, 07:52 PM
I hope we dont it. It's going to be hilarious to see people whine and cry.

Rashiid
Aug 20, 2007, 07:56 PM
im very satisfyed w/ this game as of now.
seeing all of it thrown at me in a month would be devistating. (and a waste of playin for about a year)

and yes; i would like to see tears. tears make me want to drink coke. i like coke.

Zorafim
Aug 20, 2007, 08:07 PM
Remember. After every PSUer gets a palette of 10* weapons, there are still 11*s to go after. Also, high percentile 10*s, etc.

Rashiid
Aug 20, 2007, 08:17 PM
if we get tha 20% addition; then striking will be 100% yes?

and then we can glitch 50%'s like BearClaws.

so thats outta tha question.

but yeah theres 11*s.....

HFlowen
Aug 20, 2007, 08:18 PM
Only special boards can reach 100%. There is a cap with regular boards that I can't recall... Like 93% elemental and 98% neutral.

Something to that effect.

Zorafim
Aug 20, 2007, 08:20 PM
Well, that means that someone can almost glitch for a high percentile neutral S rank.

Waitasecond...

Rashiid
Aug 20, 2007, 08:21 PM
hell thats still too much....

ppl are just gonna hord about 50 S boards; wait (if we get tha reward); and synth em all.

ONE of em gotta come out a high %.

Ceresa
Aug 20, 2007, 09:13 PM
Anything that has 80% or higher can hit 100% with the 20% reward, there's no soft cap.

Oh btw they fixed the glitch. (on JP servers anyways)

Rashiid
Aug 20, 2007, 09:30 PM
yeah we can still do it over here (360)

Powder Keg
Aug 20, 2007, 10:20 PM
On 2007-08-20 17:52, -Tidus_415- wrote:
I hope we dont it. It's going to be hilarious to see people whine and cry.

Yourself and others may be laughing, but Sonic Team certainly won't when they lose even more GL's/money from not applying a simple update.