PDA

View Full Version : Jerks Among Players

EL-0104
Aug 20, 2007, 07:29 AM
Some players are total jerks. There's no satisfying them at all. They make up rules where they have no position to make them. If you're not part of the Sega Team to make these rules official, then shut your word holes.

I have been, in the past few weeks, soloing Sacred Grounds S on PC/PS2 servers. Nowadays, there's rarely a soul in this section. Although I do gather EXP fairly quick, the process is still slow since I'm lvl 56 and creatures are lvl 75+.

Anyway, I usually pair up with my PM and Tonnio for distraction use on the monsters. I usually do one run, which takes roughly 45 minutes to an hour, then quit either for work, or other plans.

I also lock my mission while solo-ing because I am not typical to play long hours and because I don't want other players to be dissapointed for me to leave right after I'm done with my one run. When I have more time, I welcome or join teams and play alongside. It's common courtesy overall. But then again, that's not enough for some players.

Two days ago, I was doing a run with the same mentioned configurations above when I needed more Trimates/Photon Charges. When I arrived to the nearby lobby, I was surprised to see a player!

Now, if he/she would have asked to join, I would have unlocked the mission or even restarted a new one with him/her. I like playing with people because you level a lot quicker in teams. NPC are not the brightest when it comes for teamwork.

The player in question was lvl 44 or 45. Even if he/she was lower, I sometimes help low lvl people level up faster because they often get snubbed by higher lvl players. I've been there myself. I try to be decent.

Instead, the jerk started being whinny and sarcastic about me locking my mission, I am an idiot for doing so, control freak, and other comments I couldn't really make sense. He/She assumed things that were not true at all.

Now:

1. A lot of people lock their missions for different and valid reasons.

2. Sega added a lock function in-game, therfore one is permitted to use it for their reasons.

3. Whinning about it doesn't encourage others to join with you in a team.

4. Some players lock their missions because they don't want to deal with whinners.

5. Rare drops are few, so people tend to solo missions to get what they want. Playing 30 hours worth to finally find the [B] you were after, only for someone to get it and laugh at your face, is frustrating.

If whinners out there can't find anything positive about the game, you are free to quit anytime. I don't need this kind of crap from players who can't get their way. I only give respect when I am respected in return.

Mayu
Aug 20, 2007, 07:33 AM
Happens http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

UnderscoreX
Aug 20, 2007, 07:42 AM
Have you tried maybe, I dunno ignoring them ?

EL-0104
Aug 20, 2007, 07:44 AM
On 2007-08-20 05:42, UnderscoreX wrote:
Have you tried maybe, I dunno ignoring them ?

That's what I did. Still frustrating nonetheless. This is the ranting section after all! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Morpheo
Aug 20, 2007, 02:02 PM
read a topic or so down..... complaining about males under 18 talking in a game? come on, get real, this game is for everybody

EL-0104
Aug 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-08-20 12:02, Morpheo wrote:
read a topic or so down..... complaining about males under 18 talking in a game? come on, get real, this game is for everybody

I never flagged any gender or age in particular, nor have I said otherwise about who should and/or shouldn't play the game.

I am just dumbfounded on how someone can just randomly attack you for using built-in features of the game.

If that someone doesn't like the game mechanics, why play the game? Why pay a monthly fee if you detest certain functions of the game?

Sinue_v2
Aug 20, 2007, 04:10 PM

What the hell does that have to do with anything in this thread?

As for on-topic, just shrug it off an continue on. Yeah, they deserve a rant once in a while, but that's about there is to do about the situation. Kinda brings to mind this game I was in with a where this little smartass thought he could go around telling everyone how to play a HSM mission, get downright VICIOUS with newbies who screwed up, and then manage to miss two samples on his own side as well as completely forget to open the gate for us or stand on a switch in the second area. And yet, after everything - it was MY fault we failed (he died) because I wasn't a higher level (I was 18 at the time).

It might actually be lul worthy it if wasn't so pathetic.

omegapirate2k
Aug 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
come on, get real, this game is for everybody

Especially assholes who feel it is their duty to piss everyone around them off? Or are just downright pricks who get off on screwing people over?

Yes, you are quite correct.

KodiaX987
Aug 20, 2007, 05:52 PM

One day, I shall conquer the entire world, impose a totalitarian regime on my domain, decreet that any person attempting to connect to the Internet will be carded and anyone under 18 will be refused. I'll decreet that anyone attempting to buy any game will be carded. Wanna buy a kids game, 3 and up? If you're two and a half, tough shit, baby.

I will also create a VoIP Usage License and force people to renew it every two years via a theory test. People who don't pass are denied speaking privileges on the Internet. People who aren't under 18 are automatically denied. People who sound like the fucking Bee Gees are automatically denied.

Thus will be the Internet of tomorrow according to my laws. Those who disagree, the firing squad's first door on the left.

Sinue_v2
Aug 20, 2007, 06:05 PM
Call it the KodiaX Neutrality Bill. Violators will be shoved down a series of tubes.

EphekZ
Aug 20, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-08-20 15:52, KodiaX987 wrote:

One day, I shall conquer the entire world, impose a totalitarian regime on my domain, decreet that any person attempting to connect to the Internet will be carded and anyone under 18 will be refused. I'll decreet that anyone attempting to buy any game will be carded. Wanna buy a kids game, 3 and up? If you're two and a half, tough shit, baby.

I will also create a VoIP Usage License and force people to renew it every two years via a theory test. People who don't pass are denied speaking privileges on the Internet. People who aren't under 18 are automatically denied. People who sound like the fucking Bee Gees are automatically denied.

Thus will be the Internet of tomorrow according to my laws. Those who disagree, the firing squad's first door on the left.

Please, rule the world now.

EL-0104
Aug 21, 2007, 06:42 AM
On 2007-08-20 14:10, Sinue_v2 wrote:

As for on-topic, just shrug it off an continue on. Yeah, they deserve a rant once in a while, but that's about there is to do about the situation. Kinda brings to mind this game I was in with a where this little smartass thought he could go around telling everyone how to play a HSM mission, get downright VICIOUS with newbies who screwed up, and then manage to miss two samples on his own side as well as completely forget to open the gate for us or stand on a switch in the second area. And yet, after everything - it was MY fault we failed (he died) because I wasn't a higher level (I was 18 at the time).

Haha, I got a few of those while doing HSM as well. That was atleast tolerable. They were just making idiots out of themselves. The leader eventually just kicked him/her out. LOL!

I calmed down last night. I logged in and there were a few players around, ready to do a few S runs, so I tagged along and had a blast! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MrNomad
Aug 21, 2007, 09:24 AM
On 2007-08-21 04:42, EL-0104 wrote:

On 2007-08-20 14:10, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Haha, I got a few of those while doing HSM as well. That was atleast tolerable. They were just making idiots out of themselves. The leader eventually just kicked him/her out. LOL!

I calmed down last night. I logged in and there were a few players around, ready to do a few S runs, so I tagged along and had a blast! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Awww good for tuuu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MetaZedlen
Aug 21, 2007, 02:31 PM

Seemingly psychopathic denial laws...

I like your style.

PJ
Aug 21, 2007, 04:52 PM
Wanna buy a kids game, 3 and up? If you're two and a half, tough shit, baby.

XD That's all I needed to read http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Thalui89
Aug 21, 2007, 05:44 PM
Lolz @ noobs who whine...xD xD

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 22, 2007, 03:39 AM

...why does this exist?

Jerks are everywhere, they just sprout up more often in games, because being an ass in person is much too dangerous. It's sad when you consider that some of these whiners are older than 14.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheyCallMeJoe on 2007-08-22 01:39 ]</font>

EL-0104
Aug 22, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-08-22 01:39, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:

...why does this exist?

Jerks are everywhere, they just sprout up more often in games, because being an ass in person is much too dangerous. It's sad when you consider that some of these whiners are older than 14.

Sadly true. Haha, very dangerous indeed in person!

*Meets whiner face to face, takes out frying pan, lights in on fire and swings*

*PING!*

"Power off, jerk!"

Oh, wouldn't that be fun?!? LOL!

JAFO22000
Aug 22, 2007, 12:44 PM
The jerk store called. They're out of you.

omegapirate2k
Aug 22, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-08-22 10:44, JAFO22000 wrote:
The jerk store called. They're out of you.

The ocean called, they- oh shit.