PDA

View Full Version : Best battle PM on solo S runs with a gunner class?

DreamLocke
Aug 20, 2007, 09:36 AM
Basically I want to know what PM holds its own on solo A or S runs. My main is a GT.

OldCoot
Aug 20, 2007, 12:06 PM
I am starting to think that a 452 might be a good fit. Shifta, Rentis, Zodial, frequent Resta, and her SUV. She makes runs with my Beast Guntecher a lot easier.

Akaimizu
Aug 20, 2007, 12:31 PM
I'm still hold the Melee artists as my favorite GT companions. I particularly liked the 420 model for the outfit, plus the Dagger PA she uses. Her Dagger PA is what I call "the juggler" because it kind of juggles the monsters, and allows me to shoot them while they're being juggled.

When Tynselle and Jasmine (her PM) do that, my character calls it, "The Juggling Act."

Another thing I like about the 420, is their algorithm. She's an independant fighter so she doesn't always stick so close to you. So it's always nice having your PM start fighting a group of monsters, yet be far enough away from you so you don't worry about being too close for collateral damage.

As a cast, your choice might be influenced a little bit. Humans and Newmans gain absolutely nothing from being hit, with the exception of perhaps hitting harder with their Crossbow Ultimate PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-20 10:36 ]</font>

HandOfThornz
Aug 20, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-08-20 10:06, OldCoot wrote:
I am starting to think that a 452 might be a good fit. Shifta, Rentis, Zodial, frequent Resta, and her SUV. She makes runs with my Beast Guntecher a lot easier.

I agree on my Cast lvl58 Fortegunner(10) i have a 100% tech GH-452.(battle level=24)

- The buff's add a good enough extra % to my atp.
(e.g no buff= 210ish per hit, with atp buff=240-250)
- Rentis really help's when the garazon's are spamming fire at you, but Rentis is'nt casted that often
- Ata buff not really that helpful if your a Cast.
- Retsa is used quite a lot by the pm.
- Other than buff's about 50% of the time the PM is shooting off lightining techs.
- Finally the SUV can be real helpful if it's triggered in a large enemy group's or on a bullet resistant enemy

On my Human lvl90 Fortegunner(10)/Gunteker(10), i have a strike-73/tech-23/ranger-2/armour-1 GH-412

- The different melee weapons it use's hit a lot harder, meaning killing enemies a bit quicker.
- Resta is used a lot like GH-452
- Again the SUV can be real handy
- Having a melee PM does help kick bullet resistant enemies behind a lot easier.

Gh-452 just seems better all round for a gunner type, the atp buff/resta helps. Also the PM does less damage making it easyier to level bullets up.

with the GH-452 buffs the speed of runs is hardly any different with either of the two above PM's.

Anyone use a GH-43x or 44x with a gunner type?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HandOfThornz on 2007-08-20 12:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HandOfThornz on 2007-08-20 12:43 ]</font>

e_Tard
Aug 20, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-08-20 12:40, HandOfThornz wrote:

I use a GH432 w/ my fortegunner, besides her SUV, damage wise she is fairly worthless. The jellen crossbow can be helpful while soloing, and it's her best weapon IMO. Her resta is honestly the main reason I bring her along. However, she will only resta herself, very rarely will she ever start using resta when I am low on hp.

Basically, if you want some resta you have to let her take a quick beating. She generally starts to heal right below 50% health.

HandOfThornz
Aug 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-08-20 13:16, e_Tard wrote:

On 2007-08-20 12:40, HandOfThornz wrote:

I use a GH432 w/ my fortegunner, besides her SUV, damage wise she is fairly worthless. The jellen crossbow can be helpful while soloing, and it's her best weapon IMO. Her resta is honestly the main reason I bring her along. However, she will only resta herself, very rarely will she ever start using resta when I am low on hp.

Basically, if you want some resta you have to let her take a quick beating. She generally starts to heal right below 50% health.

GH-452
i've found the higher the PM battle level, the more buffs/reata is used.
e.g
- If my character is not buff'd at higher PM battle levels my PM cast's buff(s) more often, when close to enemies.
- Also (again higher PM battle levels) Resta seems to be cast depending more on my character's hp than the PM's hp

Tita
Aug 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-08-20 10:06, OldCoot wrote:

totally.

i have a 452 for my forteGunner and i can solo higher ranking/S missions with ridiculous ease. i highly highly highly recommend a 452 to more stationary characters like gunners.

5 star approval
will buy from again
A++++++++++++++

CelestialBlade
Aug 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
I like the 421, myself. She has the best Claw and Twin Claw PAs and attacks independently just like her 420 and 422 cousins (despite her description). She's also really bloodthirsty and keeps enemies away from my squishy Newearl GT while I blow them to kingdom come from afar. She's by far my most useful NPC.

Don't expect an impressive Resta out of her, but that doesn't matter since GTs have Resta, and NPC deaths no longer kill your S-rank.

Akaimizu
Aug 21, 2007, 10:18 AM
Unless you're on the 360 version. Unless they somehow just changed that. NPC death penalties are precisely why I've kind of had to make sure I know when to remove my NPCs for S2 levels.

MrFortegunner
Aug 21, 2007, 09:38 PM
does anyone know if the others in the GH 450 series really spam resta as much as the GH 450 does?

Dirkster111
Aug 21, 2007, 10:18 PM
Which is the best PM for a 100 Ranged PM?

OldCoot
Aug 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:43, Typheros wrote:
I like the 421, myself. She has the best Claw and Twin Claw PAs and attacks independently just like her 420 and 422 cousins (despite her description). She's also really bloodthirsty and keeps enemies away from my squishy Newearl GT while I blow them to kingdom come from afar. She's by far my most useful NPC.

Don't expect an impressive Resta out of her, but that doesn't matter since GTs have Resta, and NPC deaths no longer kill your S-rank.

Is the 422 or 420 good with resta?