PDA

View Full Version : why does kubra suck?

fumatanera
Aug 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
what's the point of having to synth an item with specific mats if there is no incentive to do so? grind it to 10 you say? how many weps do i have to synth and break just to get that to happen? i know this is nothing new, but it just pisses me off everytime i think about it? it's pointless. is there anyone out there that likes or prefers Kubra weps? the only upside i see is that you can't buy them in NPC shops.

Criss
Aug 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
Well, a good number of them aren't really worth the trouble, but some make the best of their weapon type, like the Beam Vulcanic.

But that's for guns, I've never really looked at melee Kubaras.

Mayu
Aug 20, 2007, 01:06 PM
If it's an S weapon maybe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't like the whole 10% PA attack reduction to melee stuff - kubara

But it's higher PP cost and such is an exceptional http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif to liking it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Most normal Melee kubara type suck <.< well yeah unless there grinded

Rods-wands and such are decent

Ranged is Ewww especially on S kubara ranged

Because they lose there special bullet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Example

- Shi-kikami looses it's paper dolls if it's made into a kubara product

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-08-20 11:08 ]</font>

BURGERKING
Aug 20, 2007, 01:10 PM
welll the svaltus sword has everything the same as tthe huge cutter except more then 100+ pp so thats a pluslike the guy said earlier the beam vocanic is a really good machine gun u goota shoot for the right ones

Drucifer
Aug 20, 2007, 01:11 PM
I love my beam vulcanics and cugo upindecs for there pp. With out them leveling bullets would be a whole lot tougher. As far as melee weapons im not a fan of any of them you can buy from the guy after you beat fakis but i really like the Deljabanner and Del Jagnus.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 20, 2007, 01:11 PM
Kubara sucks because they have high PP count and the highest ATP if they're grinded 10x.

Beam Vulcanic is not the best machinegun, it's just preferred by everyone for its PP stat. ATA matters too.

Kubara weapons are also the cheapest to make.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-20 11:12 ]</font>

BURGERKING
Aug 20, 2007, 01:13 PM
well when theres a difference of 6 att in a machinegun its the pp that matters and the photon art so beam volcanics are one of the best, grinded 10 times there even better i dont see a problem with kubara maybe u just have rotton luck with synthing

Kylie
Aug 20, 2007, 01:17 PM
Kitty claws, ank bico, etc. are the only ones worth having. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
I used to make a lot of Beam Vulcanics and sold them all to my friend. I think that since the monsters on the Xbox are so much faster than PC/PS2, maybe the machinegun is a much more damaging weapon considering it's so much easier not to die when you have full health...since dodging enemies is out of the question. I should go make 6 beam vulcanics and just own every mission I like to do, and when there's a safespot I'll sit and use the crossbow.

gundam0079
Aug 20, 2007, 01:31 PM
some kubara melee weps add SE's

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 20, 2007, 01:38 PM
On 2007-08-20 11:31, gundam0079 wrote:

I don't know of any kubara weapons that add SE's that the regular weapon doesn't have...

A lot of people prefer the Halp serafi to the Deva for the insane amount of PP, but I prefer the Deva

Halp has... more PP(200) and ATA(140... I think ATA is over rated) and ATP(8... not much), 10% ATP reduction on skills

Deva has... Silence SE, and no damage reduction on skills. That 10% does make a difference(deva does more damage than halp by a good amount with PAs, same damage with regular attack)
and when you have an Xbow in the open hand (figh) the PP difference isn't enough to worry about, unless you want to only use a single dagger the whole level.

THE JACKEL

Kion
Aug 20, 2007, 01:43 PM
Kubara weapons bought form the NPC generally seem to suck until +7 or more, while the kubara weapons found in missions tend to have tons of PP and get great boosts as you grind.

The I think of kubara as the best use of the A rank weapons in the weapon selection. A 9* +10 gains 2* of power making it close to an 11* weapon. With 13* weapons coming out, the S ranks in the pallet will take the lead for DPS. So a 9* grinded kubara weapon is the most powerful option for the A rank slots. I expect Sega would make us hunt for them, so they're not going to give us powerful weapon from an NPC. Since we have the bico, degahna cannon, and the magical wand in the database I would expect to see more 9* kubara for hunting in AoI.

Expanding from that kubara make the best use of ultimate PA's. Ultimate PA's have a high cost, generally high attack modifiers and an effect, while kubara have low ATP, high PP and higher PP regeneration. The two to balance each other out. So for instance fighgunners only get A rank swords, but they'd be able to spam gavity break. And guntechers get killer shot on rifle, fortegunners with twin mayalee, ect.

Niloklives
Aug 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-08-20 11:38, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

I don't know of any kubara weapons that add SE's that the regular weapon doesn't have...

A lot of people prefer the Halp serafi to the Deva for the insane amount of PP, but I prefer the Deva

Halp has... more PP(200) and ATA(140... I think ATA is over rated) and ATP(8... not much), 10% ATP reduction on skills

Deva has... Silence SE, and no damage reduction on skills. That 10% does make a difference(deva does more damage than halp by a good amount with PAs, same damage with regular attack)
and when you have an Xbow in the open hand (figh) the PP difference isn't enough to worry about, unless you want to only use a single dagger the whole level.

THE JACKEL

harrisen fans cause stun

to address everything though...some kubara guns are just exceptional. they have lower equip requirements than a lot of other weapons, hive high pp regen and decent atp...some just have really good stats.

for example Alterics are still fantastic weapons endgame, boasting more atp at +10 than even a Hirokuteri, over 1200pp and only requires 83 ata to equip.

beam vulcanics as mentioned before have absurd pp starting with almost as much as a fully ground drumline and having much better regen. imagine getting it to +5..or +10.

in general there are some weapons that benefit more from high pp than high atp....in those situations a kubara weapon is usually the one of choice.

and while an S rank kubara knock off might lose the weapon effects, the equip requirements are lower, and the solid black looks really sexy.

9lotus
Aug 20, 2007, 02:00 PM
Killer Elic +10 ftw

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 20, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-08-20 11:58, NIloklives wrote:

On 2007-08-20 11:38, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

harrisen fans cause stun

I wasn't aware there was a regular battle fan

My implication is that the kubara copies of a regularly produced weapon do not add an SE

There are just weapons in general that add SE, jogiri poisons and that's a GRM weapon

THE JACKEL

stukasa
Aug 20, 2007, 02:30 PM
Kubara wands and rods are great for buffs and debuffs since those techs aren't based on TP, only the level of the tech. And since Kubara weapons have lots of PP, that means fewer photon charges/trips to the recharge cube! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragwind
Aug 20, 2007, 02:35 PM
On 2007-08-20 11:19, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
I used to make a lot of Beam Vulcanics and sold them all to my friend. I think that since the monsters on the Xbox are so much faster than PC/PS2, maybe the machinegun is a much more damaging weapon considering it's so much easier not to die when you have full health...since dodging enemies is out of the question. I should go make 6 beam vulcanics and just own every mission I like to do, and when there's a safespot I'll sit and use the crossbow.

What? Where's your source of proof. Last I heard, the 360 was a port of the ps2/pc version. Which means, no modifications other than button layout and coding. Not gameplay. I'd like to see proof.

HFlowen
Aug 20, 2007, 02:37 PM
Did 360 still not get the re balancing and death penalty updates?

Umberger
Aug 20, 2007, 02:48 PM
On 2007-08-20 12:35, Dragwind wrote:
What? Where's your source of proof. Last I heard, the 360 was a port of the ps2/pc version. Which means, no modifications other than button layout and coding. Not gameplay. I'd like to see proof.

The PS2/PC servers got the Moon Atomizer not affecting death penalty and enemy speed reduction layout in an update we did not get. I'm not sure if the 360 servers have received such an update yet, but last I checked, we hadn't.

Dragwind
Aug 20, 2007, 02:52 PM
I thought 360 had recieved that update by now....Disregard that then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragwind on 2007-08-20 12:53 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-08-20 12:30, stukasa wrote:
Kubara wands and rods are great for buffs and debuffs since those techs aren't based on TP, only the level of the tech. And since Kubara weapons have lots of PP, that means fewer photon charges/trips to the recharge cube! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Word!

The PC/PS2 version received a patch that slowed S2 creatures. 360 has yet to receive this patch due to needing MS verification, therefore the S2 creatures on the 360 do move faster. 360 will receive this patch someday......or so we're told.

Zorafim
Aug 20, 2007, 03:04 PM
Kubra... Kobra... Cobra? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HlUyqxmv2DA)

beatrixkiddo
Aug 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
Funnily, S enemies move faster than S2, or so my experience has told me.

HaydenX
Aug 20, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-08-20 12:56, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-08-20 12:30, stukasa wrote:

Word!

The PC/PS2 version received a patch that slowed S2 creatures. 360 has yet to receive this patch due to needing MS verification, therefore the S2 creatures on the 360 do move faster. 360 will receive this patch someday......or so we're told.

I love that last line, esp. considering the subject of this thread.

I love my Shintsuki-Zashic a lot. I can just keep spamming PAs over and over. It makes me seem more helpful in a party than I actually am. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I also like my Ryo-Dagac. I don't get the Twin Handguc though. I ground it to 5 and it still sucks.

The special Kubara Weps are great though.

Frying Pan
Deljabaner
del-Jagnus
Vahra Claw
Fluorescent Bulb
Harisen
Twin Harisen

And soon...The Real Hand Gun.

MSAksion
Aug 20, 2007, 06:35 PM
8* Kubara Wand +5 - Cometarac = 1000+ PP 450~TP
9* Yohmei Wand +5 - Majimra = 898PP 540~ TP

8* Kubara Staff +5 - Granarodoc = 1600~PP 450~TP
9* Yohmei Staff +5 - Howrod = 1400~PP 540~TP

Please... don't quote my Stats i'm at work and i can't look up the actual PP/TP stats but my memory says they're pretty close U_U

SO in itself based on numbers I use Kubara Magic weapons for LONGEVITY. ESP for MEGID. Think about MEGID - as long as it hits it KILLS right? So even if i do only 50-100 Damage (i don't i usually output more) it will still have a chance to kill. And for MEGIVERSE i need the long battery life to sustain the DEATH FIELD.

Yes yes for serious enemies i use serious power and switch back to the Grinded Howrods and Grinded Majimras I carry. But for small enemies or for TECH spam use the cometarac/Granarodoc. Its cheaper to recharge (slightlY) and has the life you need.

OHH also use them for BUFF/DEBUFF. They don't need TP anyway. Nothing worse than having your Debuff wand suddenly run out of power in the middle of VAHRA.

As a Newman ForteTecher i can survive the loss of a few hundred TP by using Kubara vs using the True Yohmei weapon.

Kubara Guns are the same. I use the Ryo-Rayratorac dualies for TWIN MAYLEE. They have 1400~PP and i can spam twin maylee all mission long... and even longer if i used regular old elemental bullets.

Kubara Rifles... No. The Riflic +10 isn't much better. 607AtP 107ATA and 1400PP vs the GRM Falcon +10 which also has 1400PP, 570ATP and 135~ATA. ^_^ don't quote me on accuracy its just from memory.

Kubara MAGIC = Yes if you can handle a SMALL loss of TP to gain HUGE PP.
Kubara GUNS = Yes if you need PP. For Power use GRM or Tenora. Yohmei has better PP but weak for guns.
Kubara Swords = sry not too much exp with SWORD-OCS >_>

danny_o
Aug 20, 2007, 07:12 PM
Kubara Products provide that kooky alternative to the "Big 3." And the weapons made from monsters are quite potent if you find the right ones, like the Vahra nail (I think they have 200 more pp than the 7* Yohmei twinclaws). I got me a +6 Sodadoc and that bugger is fun. ATA kind of sucks, but what ever. The variety of weapons in this game is somewhat lacking and I am happy that Kubara is there to mix things up a little.

fumatanera
Aug 20, 2007, 08:04 PM
On 2007-08-20 13:04, Zorafim wrote:
Kubra... Kobra... Cobra? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HlUyqxmv2DA)

YO! ftw

Rashiid
Aug 20, 2007, 08:10 PM
i just think there company symbol is badass.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 20, 2007, 11:23 PM
once AoI is out I'll be synthing more kubara twin sabers, twin daggers and swords and grinding them up to +10 cause from what i can tell some have pretty good stats at +10, not "the best" but pretty darn good IMO.

The Saudoc (kubara Sword 6* ) gains good Atp with grinding. I did have a +8 Saudoc , but when I tried to grind it up to +10 it broke ;_; http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Neoptolemus
Aug 20, 2007, 11:26 PM
I've got a +10 Shigga Bomac with an impressive 1661 PP and 126 ATP. Compare that to the as-of-yet-unreleased 12* Shotgun, the Shigga Pakuda with a 1296 PP and 133 ATP. I believe the +10 Shigga Bines has a bit more ATP, but no where near as much PP.
Also have a +10 Bulletmastric, but that one kinda sucks when compared to the +10 Deathmaker. Same goes for the +10 Assassic compared to the +10 Phantom.

Niloklives
Aug 21, 2007, 12:59 AM
Ulteri blows hanmateric out of the water too...just depends on the weapon

Rashiid
Aug 21, 2007, 06:32 AM
as for guns; Kubara +10 pwns.
usually for force weapons too (had a Granarodoc (8); just about 1900 PP; TP wasnt bad either)

Fuji
Aug 21, 2007, 01:24 PM
I use a Sodadoc that a friend gave me that was already grinded to +7 and it works rather well for me. I'll probably use it even if I find an S Sword board, in which case I'd just use two swords. I just like that the Kubara weapons look a little different and power wise my Sodadoc is almost as strong as the A Rank alternative so...eh, personal preference I suppose.

Ryoki
Aug 22, 2007, 01:41 PM
Basically, they are for PP and looks. You can't tell me that Maggac doesn't look badass. Go ahead and try. at +10, it also has 1 more atp than the 12* S rank mechgun.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 22, 2007, 02:01 PM
Kubara is good for weapons with multiple, fast hits, relying on the character's ATP moreso than the weapon's Att (twin daggers, mechguns, shotguns perhaps). It's also good for high PP and high PP regen for levelling (AFK or otherwise) PAs and Bullets and Technics. It's also good for Technics that don't utilise TP, due to the high PP (such as buffs, and resta/reverser since resta typically heals more than enough already). The colors are okay but hardly a selling point to me.

Kuya
Aug 22, 2007, 02:28 PM
12* DeathRain - 80 ATP
6* Maggac +10 - 71 ATP

I think you were looking at a different weapon Ryoki http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Anyhow, I would rather go with a Beam Vulcanic (which drops for FREE at Train S2 from robots) at +10. Same ATP as the Maggac at +10 but you're looking at 300 more PP.

MOST Kubara guns are made of win but....

Raihoc VS. Falgohoh - 573 vs 544 < 1191pp vs 1698pp - 507 more PP? Geez, that's like half a rifle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GAH - now I want to make a stupid spreadsheet for Kubara guns. And I think I will lol.

Ryoki
Aug 22, 2007, 02:48 PM
Damn. I got owned.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Kuya
Aug 22, 2007, 03:25 PM
lol. No ownage, just maybe your eyes are playing tricks on you. Also, what's an Evator?

HaydenX
Aug 22, 2007, 07:07 PM
There should be a kubara version of EVERY SINGLE WEAPON!!! Kubara wood would double in price.

I would love to have my...Dual Durandac or Last Survivec, or...umm...Drumlic(k) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

60Hz
Aug 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
Storywise kubara's are bootlegs, illegal copies, but a side effect of that is that some of them are actually superior to their legitimate counterparts (gameplay-wise)... B-rank ALterics +10 are better than any A-rank (ungrinded), Beam Vulcanics are devestating as well... There are some B-rank melee kubaras that when grinded are superior to any A rank, off the top of my head sodadocs are devestating when grinded if you are into those cumbersome two-handed swords... but on the other hand some of them suck even when grinded to +10...

As for animal part weapons, i dont know much about them... i know tengoh sucks but people love to pay through their teeth for them o.O...

anyway research, pso-world has a decent database and the japanese psu-wiki has a very thorough database...

I've grinded two Alterics +10's and one +9, it takes about 10 to 12 alterics to get a +10 from my experience... u can buy them for under 1mil (ps2) or make them for even less. So a +10 is about 10mill to make, and probably well worth it in my opinion... especially if you run a PT who cant use s-ranks (or you just dont have an s-rank bow... which seems highly possible lol)...