PDA

View Full Version : Illuminous not on 360?

KveerRaven
Aug 20, 2007, 02:59 PM
Don't know if there has been any previous topics or not, but, My friends and I went to Gamestop to find out if there was a release date for the 360. They pulled out a list and showed an entire years worth of release dates from now till Sep 2008 and nothing for the 360. However, other sources are saying that their is going to be a 360 version release. Anyone have or know of any resources on this?

If I'm bringing up old shit, please give me a link to that topic. Thanks.

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 03:02 PM
The Official Phantasy Star Universe home page has the info you need. They have announced that the expansion will be on 360 as well as PC/PS2 servers. The release date probably was not showing at your local Gamestop as ST has not announced a definite release date yet.

Mewn
Aug 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
It's going to be a download for 360.

http://www.sega.com/corporate/corporate.php?item=pr_20070426a

White_Mage
Aug 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
its gonna be available for download on the market place

KveerRaven
Aug 20, 2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the info guys, this helps shed some light.

GutsGO
Aug 20, 2007, 03:58 PM
This is a little off-topic but in-topic too; I went yesterday to preorder my copy of AoI for PC, and both EB Games and Babbage's wouldn't let me....

EB said the game wasn't in their system at all and they couldn't do it, Babbage's said the game had just been taken OUT of their system and the guy said they don't even know if the game will come out now.

I'm hopeing I just went to two completely retarded stores and that a different EB will let me preorder it; since all the websites I go to that sell the game say it is a Fall '07 release, and others have already preordered the game.

But hearing KveerRaven say this about 360 kinda makes me more worried even though the 360 one is download only.

Has anyone been able to pre-order a copy recently from EB/Gamestop?

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
Your problem is believing things that are said by EB and Babbage's employees. While there may be one or two people working at your local game store who is "in the know", the majority of them are just there for a paycheck. Even those "in the know" usually only know about Madden, Halo, Devil May Cry and God of War, not about niche games like PSU.

GutsGO
Aug 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:02, JAFO22000 wrote:
Your problem is believing things that are said by EB and Babbage's employees. While there may be one or two people working at your local game store who is "in the know", the majority of them are just there for a paycheck. Even those "in the know" usually only know about Madden, Halo, Devil May Cry and God of War, not about niche games like PSU.

Yea that's why I'm asking because I DON'T believe them....I want to know if it is really not in the system for them or is the store completely retarded.

However, I frequent these stores and they knew what PSU: AoI was, they just said it wasn't in their system. I had asked about 'Radio Allergy' for GC 3 months back to the same people and they even knew what that was.

...and since the guy had said it WAS in the system, they just took it out....makes me wonder also.

So back to my previous question, has anyone been able to pre-order recently?

Wallin
Aug 20, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:11, GutsGO wrote:
I want to know if it is really not in the system for them or is the store completely retarded.

It's probably a mix of both, or at least be either one.

There's no real release date for this game so on one is going to know much about it, that and I don't think PSU is all that popular unfortunately. You could just as easily try to pre-order Starcraft 2 with the same results - we know it exists, but I certainly wouldn't start taking people's money for it now without knowing anything for sure.

omegapirate2k
Aug 20, 2007, 04:37 PM
Can anyone preorder PSU: AOI yet? Because november 20th isn't exactly a set in stone release date, could that be the case?

GutsGO
Aug 20, 2007, 04:39 PM
EB/Gamestop take preorders all the time for games that don't have set release dates, it's not like them to not take money for a preorder. I pre-ordered Capcom vs. SNK Card Fighters Clash over a year before it came out, and it's release date got pushed numerous times...and that game is pretty niche.

I also remember seeing people post they have already pre-ordered the game...at the start of this summer when it got announced, so it's odd they're saying they can't now. And like I said before, the one store DID take pre-orders for it when it was in their system, they had just taken it OUT and siezed the pre-order program. (ofcourse, he could've been blowing smoke up my ### I really can't know with these Game Store employees)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GutsGO on 2007-08-20 14:42 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:37, omegapirate2k wrote:
Can anyone preorder PSU: AOI yet? Because november 20th isn't exactly a set in stone release date, could that be the case?

I haven't tried to preorder as I will be downloading it via Live.

omegapirate2k
Aug 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-08-20 14:43, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-08-20 14:37, omegapirate2k wrote:

I haven't tried to preorder as I will be downloading it via Live.

Speaking of, will the 360 version even be released in disc form? Or is the only option downloading over xbox live (Which I have no qualms with, and plan to do even if its released on a disc)

GalaxTheWanderer
Aug 20, 2007, 05:20 PM
mvffin...what did that have to do with the subject of this thread? Anyway, I have no clue about PSU:AoI not being released or ANYTHING like that...I just read up on the newest things about it here.

omegapirate2k
Aug 20, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-08-20 15:20, Galax wrote:
mvffin...what did that have to do with the subject of this thread? Anyway, I have no clue about PSU:AoI not being released or ANYTHING like that...I just read up on the newest things about it here.

Clearly he was advocating the will of the Jarbas.

HaydenX
Aug 20, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-08-20 15:06, mvffin wrote:
i wanna pre order duke nukem forever.

Go ahead...Throw your money away http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I wish I could get a job at a Gamestop. I've been looking for work for forever (I'm about to start college), and can't find any. I know just about everything there is to know about video games (and have programmed a couple of simple ones). If only I met employees that cared as much about the gaming industry as much as I do.

shotsfired
Aug 20, 2007, 05:39 PM
I used to be a store manager for Gamestop, and I only hired employees who were not only knowledgeable about games but also very excited about them. I had alot of "geeks" on my staff, but we were all passionate about gaming and we used to always get the "man you guys are way better than the other store" line. I took pride in that.....

but I understand what you mean, about half the employees in some stores were worthless, only there because

a) they were a girl, and gamers will buy anything from girls

b) they have a friend who works there and they needed a job.

it was and still is pretty bad.

HaydenX
Aug 20, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-08-20 15:39, shotsfired wrote:
I used to be a store manager for Gamestop, and I only hired employees who were not only knowledgeable about games but also very excited about them. I had alot of "geeks" on my staff, but we were all passionate about gaming and we used to always get the "man you guys are way better than the other store" line. I took pride in that.....

but I understand what you mean, about half the employees in some stores were worthless, only there because

a) they were a girl, and gamers will buy anything from girls

b) they have a friend who works there and they needed a job.

it was and still is pretty bad.

I remember once meeting a hot anime/gamer chick at a Gamestop...but she was married (F*************...longest f bomb evar...*********)

Sinue_v2
Aug 20, 2007, 06:02 PM
Eh, that's not just Gamestop. A lot of service jobs will only hire females because it's easier for them to coax more money out of hapless guys, or are more "comfortable" to be around which brings customers back in. Not just gamers... they do it at convenience stores, restaurants, bars, department stores, etc.

But yeah, I've heard it confirmed for a NA release, but no date given. It will be downloadable via LIVE for the 360. Dunno if they will sell a retail disk though. Depending on the size of the download, I'd prefer it on a disk. Those bitty little HDD's that MS sells with the premium 360's fill up VERY quickly and I can't see myself dropping the cash for the larger 360 HDD considering how dirt cheap PC HDD's are in comaprison.

Sylpheed
Aug 20, 2007, 06:57 PM
This thread is pointless, end of.

The OP is just 'worried' over nothing, 360, PS2 and PC are all going to get the expansion when its released whenever that is so calm yourselves.

And if ST did decide for whatever reason to pull the release for the 360 that would be THE biggest mistake they could make considering it holds the biggest population over PS2 servers.

danny_o
Aug 20, 2007, 07:17 PM
I was thinking Sega would be unkind to us gaijin and leave us in the cold, but I guess not! Can't wait to see AOI...though if does come out in late November, I will be preparing for finals... SUCKS.

But if I can keep my head straight I can study up like made all October and November and then wait til after Finals to get knee deep in "Just Attack" and all that business.

Rashiid
Aug 20, 2007, 07:42 PM
Long story short;

Pc/Ps2: CD.
Xbox 360: Downloadable via Xbox Live. (we get NO DISK)

end of discussion.

ThEoRy
Aug 21, 2007, 12:31 AM
wait. this game has an expansion?

pikachief
Aug 21, 2007, 12:49 AM
it will

IN THE YEAR 2000!!

bloodflowers
Aug 21, 2007, 04:14 AM
I wish there was a disc version for the 360. The HD is small enough.

Rashiid
Aug 21, 2007, 06:28 AM
i like tha marketplace; its guarenteed there.

no 'we're out' or 'we dont sell that shit here budday!' or 'sorry we dont serve chicke-' wait wrong store.....

amtalx
Aug 21, 2007, 06:55 AM
I like having discs to make my game shelf even fatter, but buying a game without leaving my couch is SWEEEEET.

bloodflowers
Aug 21, 2007, 07:58 AM
I just hope they release it in Europe at the same time as the US this time...

SubstanceD
Aug 21, 2007, 07:59 AM
I wonder if AOI for the 360 will be download only? If it is, the I wonder why Microsoft have decided against selling it in retail stores?

BanF
Aug 21, 2007, 08:31 AM
You wonder why...?

Man, try to wrap your brain around the next statement, it's a doozy:

No CD making costs + No CD packaging costs + No CD managing (shipping, storing) costs == Very cheap for Microsoft

Then there's the appeal of the users not having to go anywhere to get their hands on it, which only makes Live even more popular.

A2K
Aug 21, 2007, 09:37 AM
It's not Microsoft's decision, it's the publisher, Sega's, and Sega has decided to deliver the game via download only for now.

RedMussel
Aug 21, 2007, 10:11 AM
they did that probley to save money, and 360ers wont have to worry about rushing to the store to get the disc http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pikachief
Aug 21, 2007, 10:13 AM
that, and they didnt want people to be able to save the content from the disc to they're 360 or watever and then take it to their friends house and do it there too.

ya know so people dont pass around the disc to get free copies. Thats y the oblivion expansion was download only.

60Hz
Aug 21, 2007, 12:03 PM
gamespot??? lol! If its not madden, gta, or halo gamestop/eb just doesnt even bother updating it...

60Hz
Aug 21, 2007, 12:25 PM
hmm... they skipped the retailer, i think it's quite smart, my experience at gamespot/eb is that they do more harm than good - i first went to buy psu they told me they didn't have any, but one employee was like - i think i saw some in the back... lol... so they were willing to lose out on 100 bucks (it was me and a buddy)... crazy!... i'd say its a good idea to skip gamespot/eb and sell it download only where you can...

Sinue_v2
Aug 21, 2007, 12:32 PM
that, and they didnt want people to be able to save the content from the disc to they're 360 or watever and then take it to their friends house and do it there too.

If AoI came on a disk, it would likely play entirely from the disk as well. It probably wouldn't be a install/upgrade CD. Sega could have easily provided both options (and they may yet, who knows), but for now it's just a method for saving money by cutting out the packaging, shipping, and manufacturing.

McLaughlin
Aug 21, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-08-21 08:11, RedMussel wrote:
they did that probley to save money, and 360ers wont have to worry about rushing to the store to get the disc http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And in Macross's case, he won't have to worry about damaging a disc.

Mr_Confused
Aug 21, 2007, 12:35 PM
i cant see you needing to preorder this game, its not like halo 3 legendary with very limited copies and a high demand. You should be able to just walk in the store and buy it if your not on 360

Niloklives
Aug 21, 2007, 12:54 PM
I thought microsoft had distribution mandates dictating that expansions be marketplace only. So sega had no choice in the matter.

BanF
Aug 21, 2007, 01:08 PM
Not sure if that is true, but not a single expansion for any Xbox game has come as a disc since Live, IIRC. Take Oblivion for example.

McLaughlin
Aug 21, 2007, 01:14 PM
On 2007-08-21 10:54, NIloklives wrote:
I thought microsoft had distribution mandates dictating that expansions be marketplace only. So sega had no choice in the matter.

I really don't think that's the case.

JAFO22000
Aug 21, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-08-21 11:08, BanF wrote:
Not sure if that is true, but not a single expansion for any Xbox game has come as a disc since Live, IIRC. Take Oblivion for example.

The first 4 expanded Halo 2 maps were released on a disc as well as being available for download. I think the disc was released months after the downloads were available, but the disc did contain some extra "features" like "Making of..." movies and other frivolous items.

Niloklives
Aug 21, 2007, 01:18 PM
if it's not, there's no reason to release as a disk in small quantities...not everyone plans to go online with this game, not does everyone even HAVE internet access. why cut out possible consumers like that?

McLaughlin
Aug 21, 2007, 01:36 PM
Because people playing Offline don't affect the Online community anyway.

Rashiid
Aug 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
yeah and + doesnt tha story mode take ur online character in it?

Niloklives
Aug 21, 2007, 06:16 PM
no you have to make a brand new character.

Rashiid
Aug 21, 2007, 06:20 PM
you sure dont for the expansion one; it even says you use ur online character.

nonetheless the expansion is geared toward online; and it would make ppl want to go online.

littleman2347
Aug 21, 2007, 08:00 PM
Anyone have a market place price any idea.

BanF
Aug 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
No. What did the Oblivion add ons went for? $30?

Rashiid
Aug 22, 2007, 06:22 AM
they said 34.??$ dollers last time they stated it was gonna be in tha marketplace.
but that was a couple months ago; could change.