PDA

View Full Version : To those reserving AOI in store at gamestops

Cracka_J
Aug 22, 2007, 01:08 PM
Not sure if this was already posted, but I was trying to reserve AOI for about a 2 week period in-store, and kept getting told that the game was not in their system (when it's fully advertised online, and even points out the store locations you can reserve it at). I went there over the weekend and one of the employees finally took a full look down the reserves under "P". The game is listed under PSU: Ambition of Illuminus. If they search for Phantasy, they will come up with nothing and will tell you to go away. I know it's still early but I figure quite a few will be reserving in a month or two. Just a heads up.

JAFO22000
Aug 22, 2007, 01:15 PM
Good info. Thanks!

Tita
Aug 22, 2007, 01:16 PM
ah thanks for the tip! i tried reserving it as well and got told the same thing.
now i feel kinda stupid for nothing thinking that it might be listed as an acronym...
especially when i used to work at that god forbidden place :

i think it's a tad silly to do that. everyone expects that the title be listed by its full name, and i do remember gamestop having the nasty habit of going by acronym more often than it should.

(btw, is it just me, or do gamestop employees just get more and more inept with every passing season?)

Jainsea
Aug 22, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-08-22 11:16, Tita wrote:
ah thanks for the tip! i tried reserving it as well and got told the same thing.
now i feel kinda stupid for nothing thinking that it might be listed as an acronym...
especially when i used to work at that god forbidden place :

i think it's a tad silly to do that. everyone expects that the title be listed by its full name, and i do remember gamestop having the nasty habit of going by acronym more often than it should.

(btw, is it just me, or do gamestop employees just get more and more inept with every passing season?)

1st off, HI Clobbie :3 !!!
Yea, I heard about Gamestop being durrrrr on this.
I looked at their [b]preorder binder,and I found it
thier! I said preorder nao! This was like in June though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

Para
Aug 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
Heh Im surprised they acronym'd it as PSU since PSU isn't that popular it may be obscure.

GutsGO
Aug 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
Cracka! long time no see man....

Yea I had the same problem and just a few hours ago at my third different store the guy found it. Luckily he knew what I was talking about and recognized the acronym so it was no problem pre-ordering.

Now all we gotta do is wait ;-;

JAFO22000
Aug 22, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-08-22 12:20, Para wrote:
Heh Im surprised they acronym'd it as PSU since PSU isn't that popular it may be obscure.

I would assume that the "name" field in their system can only display a finite amount of characters, so "Phantasy Star Universe: The Ambition of the Illuminus" and it's 50+ characters probably didn't fit. They could've come up with something better, though, like "Phantasy Star Universe: AOI" for instance...

Dragwind
Aug 22, 2007, 02:33 PM
Good tip. I'll keep this in mind, thank you.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 22, 2007, 02:47 PM
Nice tip! Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I should go reserve it soon!

Garasu
Aug 22, 2007, 03:01 PM
I remember reserving PSU...the guys at the counter knew exactly what it was and everything...

Any special goodies for reserving it?

Well I just checked the Gamestop site and it said AoI was being shipped 11/20/07, if anyone wanted to know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garasu on 2007-08-22 13:04 ]</font>

Cracka_J
Aug 22, 2007, 11:02 PM
sup guts, haven't played with you or rock in a long time. we should start rollin again.

Jainesa - I had to do the exact same thing to even get the guy to attempt looking through the system.
Here book, game in book, I want preorder. After he saw it was in the book, he searched and found it in the system.

To those that preordered with no problems, you got the 5% of the gamestop employees that actually know their jobs. The rest of us have to deal with the idiots.

I blame dat madden.

HiroSan
Aug 22, 2007, 11:22 PM
LOL i reserved it 4 months ago http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I used to work at the same gamestop, i'll be workin back there the end of this week, so when i go back i'm sure to remember that thanks :]

Rashiid
Aug 23, 2007, 07:52 AM
On 2007-08-22 12:47, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
Nice tip! Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I should go reserve it soon!

o.0

we can reserve on tha marketplace nao???

Mayu
Aug 23, 2007, 07:54 AM
Thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif