PDA

View Full Version : giving up a dream

Raven5_1
Aug 22, 2007, 01:27 PM
today i decided to give up on a dream.

i'm giving up on ank bico and the fireworks.

why? i mean i've been dying to get hold of a hammer in this game for a while i even created a thread about psu needing one.

the reasoning is like this.

one reason is ank bico isnt really a hammer its an Axe. with axe animations but this doesnt bother me much what bothers me about it being an axe is only a protranser and fortefighter can use it and i plan to go back to be a figunner and staying that class for a good while. so it becomes unusable to me unless i change/keep my class fortefighter

another reason is the search is a pain in the arse the easiest route to gaining one i.e crimson beast requires you to find to other players and repeat over and over again its damn monotonus and then the others are hard if you dont know the rare maps

my third reason ties into my previous reasoning. i'm sick i've had a gout/septic arthritis flare up my mobility is in the pits i'm constantly in pain and find it near impossible to sit in a comfortable position to play a mission over and over again and by the time i get better the jaos will be long gone.

now ad to that the price hording for such an item in the players shop marketplace, my desire for the item has waned, taken a serious hit and i've come to the conclusion that its best for me to give up on obtaining the items in question it sucks but thinking about it logically its my only sane option

now i've got that off my chest who here has ever given up on a dream of obtaining a specific item? why did you do it? or do you think its insane to give up on the quest to obtain that dream item?

Ryoki
Aug 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
Giving up on an item in PSU is not insane.

The drop rates are ridiculously high, and it is easy to see why you would give up.

Don't worry about it, if you can't bear looking for it anymore, don't.

BanF
Aug 22, 2007, 01:37 PM
It is when one starts putting the dreams of childhood aside that one can be said to be growing up. Good to luck to ye, laddie.

Jainsea
Aug 22, 2007, 02:10 PM
I can tottaly understand on getting upset with hunting an item and at the end just saying, To the hell with it! I was looking for blackheart like for months on and off but with no luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif There's always more
rares out there so no big deal in the end! Oddly though,I seem to find things when I'm not looking for them. Netherless, if its upsetting you , might be time to put it aside(I know that feeling T_T ) and no its completly insane to give up looking for an item, some of these drop rates are madness D:

Serephim
Aug 22, 2007, 02:55 PM
lol you need some better dreams, pal.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
I too have given up on the Bico as well.Along with Black heart,crea doubles,and the Vahra claw.Got tired of doing the same runs over,and over,and over,and over,and.....well,you get the point.And not finding anything.

________
Dodge 440 history (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_440)

pikachief
Aug 22, 2007, 03:00 PM
i hunted for 2 weeks straight for the halp, like over 10 hours a day there, got 4 rappy spawns with all feathers and easter eggs of course.

Do wat i did! buy or trade for one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

NexGen
Aug 22, 2007, 03:04 PM
It took me (after some complaining) 3 Jaggo spawns to get a fireworks deco. If you have an hour to spare, you can squeeze in like 5-6 good runs. Long story short: it's not that bad, and if you have any time at all, spend it looking for the Bico and you might get it. If you don't try at all, you WON'T get it.

pikachief
Aug 22, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-08-22 13:04, NexGen wrote:
It took me (after some complaining) 3 Jaggo spawns to get a fireworks deco. If you have an hour to spare, you can squeeze in like 5-6 good runs. Long story short: it's not that bad, and if you have any time at all, spend it looking for the Bico and you might get it. If you don't try at all, you WON'T get it.

oh yea i got one on my first jao spawn, sadly i asked some kid to come in to press the button and i was nice enough to let him stay, we kill one, and he goes, WAIT SCAPE DOLL! and then u just see this

(me)VOLTRON:
8* Scape Doll

(him)Lil Ex Kahn:
9* Ank Pico

then he instantly leaves the mission. Next day i get a message of him telling me he got scammed!

Raven5_1
Aug 22, 2007, 03:08 PM

ah, you havent read my post properly

basicly i have done the search thing. one night i did close to 20 runs even found the jaos three time but i got nothing. and right now i'm ill its effecting my gameplaying to the point i cant commit the time anymore by the time i should be better the jaos will be long gone. thats why i'm giving up.

Nobo
Aug 22, 2007, 03:10 PM
if they're goin for as much on PC as they are on 360 just do 3 days of labs S2 and buy 1. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

NexGen
Aug 22, 2007, 03:13 PM
No, I understand that you are sick, but you didn't say that you were quitting PSU until you recovered. To that, I say, don't give up, try when you can...if you do give up, there is no chance of getting one. Hell, if you're on 360, just look for me and we can spam Valley of Carnage together for as long as you can hold up. If I already have a Bico at that point, the next one is yours no matter what.

EJ
Aug 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
It seems people still think that set order is whatever rare is picked up first. If the rare is in set order then the game already assign the rare to that player before it even drops, so that scape doll was assign to you already since you allowed that person to enter the game that rearrange the set order of the rare again.

On topic: well some of the drops are pretty low so the best thing is to not except it to drop right away like how I was hunting pwand board but got a giga/skill save instead from a rappy spawn, rares in psu are somtimes unexpected.

Yunfa
Aug 22, 2007, 06:28 PM
i get the feeling that ur the kind if person who will throw the controller at the wall or punch ur brother whos sitting next to u when u try and grind the Ank Bico & it breaks, if u get it that is. Keypoint here, patience. Another note...you mentioned that 20 runs only 3 Jaos spawns? Maybe u need to research into getting the rare map so u can get Jaos everytime?

stukasa
Aug 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. ^_^;; I know what it's like to have bad luck with rares in this game. I've pretty much given up hunting S-ranks altogether. These days I just run the missions where the boards drop and hope I eventually find one. I'm not hunting for anything in particular. However, I haven't given up on the Bico and fireworks deco just yet! By the way, you only need two people for Crimson Beast if one of you is a Fighgunner with Tornado Dance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wallin
Aug 22, 2007, 06:56 PM
I gave up a long time ago. I'm hoping once AoI comes out they'll sell Me/Quick in the stores and then I won't have to care anymore.

The_Gio
Aug 22, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-08-22 13:08, Raven5_1 wrote:

ah, you havent read my post properly

basicly i have done the search thing. one night i did close to 20 runs even found the jaos three time but i got nothing. and right now i'm ill its effecting my gameplaying to the point i cant commit the time anymore by the time i should be better the jaos will be long gone. thats why i'm giving up.

just 20? what,isnt that around an hour of searching?

PALRAPPYS
Aug 22, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-08-22 13:00, pikachief wrote:
i hunted for 2 weeks straight for the halp, like over 10 hours a day there, got 4 rappy spawns with all feathers and easter eggs of course.

Do wat i did! buy or trade for one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I accomplished my dream with spawn #5. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Gryffin
Aug 22, 2007, 10:58 PM
I've been hunting... 48 Jao, no fireworks OR bico to show for it... =[

I NEED that Bico though... *continues hunting*

Powder Keg
Aug 22, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-08-22 20:58, Gryffin wrote:
I've been hunting... 48 Jao, no fireworks OR bico to show for it... =[

I NEED that Bico though... *continues hunting*

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why this game needs tweaking. How do you find 48...that's FORTY-EIGHT of a RARE enemy, and not get the item that they drop? This is a disgrace.

xXNinjaXx
Aug 22, 2007, 11:23 PM
ive gone through 15 jaos in a day last week
-5 fireworks
-2 ank bicos
-4 gra photons
-4 sets of money

ive gotten 1stack of money, 1 gra photon, and 2 fireworks room decorations
and as far as axes, i could care less. if i had gotten one i was gonna grind it til it broke >=]

point is, youll get your chance to get what you want
just give it time

also, make sure your doing runs on C or B
dont be doing no S or S2 missions

ank bico and fireworks still drop on C

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Aug 23, 2007, 03:37 AM
Maaaaaan...Out of the 2 weeks I've been hunting....(Get ready to laugh so hard you fall off your seat)...I've only found 3 Jaggo's,so don't feel too bad. I still haven't given up. And I don't plan on it anytime soon....See it to the end. You'll get it eventually. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

biggabertha
Aug 23, 2007, 04:35 AM
Wha'?! They drop on C missions as well?! Mine Defence + Time to leve Laser PAs + 2 x Laser Cannoc (1) = nothing else to do for the next week and a half.

I'm truly sorry to hear about how you are now unable to play and enjoy PSU for the time being. My sympathies to you but there is a silver lining to this dark cloud, I'm sure next year, they will drop the same items so you should still have a chance next year for this limited edition item. Offering you a spare Ank Bico/Pico may defeat thepurpose of the hunt so I won't offer that to you.

Take it easy though, okay? Nothing else is more important than health and well-being. If you have those two things, you can work on getting other things that you want with a better mind-set.

BanF
Aug 23, 2007, 06:52 AM
They do drop on C, yeah.

I for one will quit looking for Ank Bicos and Fireworks... on September the 14th.

Gryffin
Aug 23, 2007, 07:18 AM
On 2007-08-22 21:23, xXNinjaXx wrote:
ive gone through 15 jaos in a day last week
-5 fireworks
-2 ank bicos
-4 gra photons
-4 sets of money

ive gotten 1stack of money, 1 gra photon, and 2 fireworks room decorations
and as far as axes, i could care less. if i had gotten one i was gonna grind it til it broke >=]

point is, youll get your chance to get what you want
just give it time

also, make sure your doing runs on C or B
dont be doing no S or S2 missions

ank bico and fireworks still drop on C

My brain and heart are crying right now.

Raven5_1
Aug 23, 2007, 07:43 AM
my younger brother who used to play non stop with me on PSO but has yet to join the PSU collective has decided that i shouldnt give up my dream and so he's come to my aid i decided to let him try so he's playing on my account with my characters, so far he's been playing for 3 hours non stop and got one jao spawn they dropped mesta thought he's gone home but he'll drop by later for another go. nice of him to try for me.

Fatima
Aug 24, 2007, 06:43 PM
I know how you feel. I just have trouble sitting there and staring at the same mission over and over. And I don't have many people who play enough I can ask to open the doors for me. I've done I don't know ho wmany missions, only tried it two days, maybe did it like 30 times...got one jaggo spawn, didn't drop anything but basic 1 star synth ingredients and the second spawn I missed cause I had to run to the potty, but they didn't drop anything either. It really sucks.
And with my luck, when ever I make parties for other missions I always end up with people joining who have a Bico...I almost want to boot them..but that would be prejeduce....*dies inside* I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer, so hunting for rares like this just seems absurd to me. And with the number of people who want one as badly as I do, I see my odds decreasing every day. *heavy sigh*

Sharkyland
Aug 24, 2007, 07:42 PM
Just finding a good party is what irritates me though playing PSO before, it really bites when a different rare drops.

BanF
Aug 24, 2007, 11:55 PM
Okay, got the Fireworks, but I heard a rumor that the axe only drops in CB. Is it true?

Dragwind
Aug 25, 2007, 12:34 PM
When I was about to give up, I kept going after about ~9 days hunting, everyday, and I finally found it. If you want to know what real defeat is, try hunting the Sealed J Sword on pso for 2 years. ~_~

Birchum
Aug 25, 2007, 12:51 PM
Hell at least all of you are fortunate enough to even see Jaos.

I've counted over 60 runs in crimson beast where I've had b1 rare, b2 rare, and then the dreaded 4 golmoro spawn >.>

I've gone from lvl 22 to 31 doing ONLY Crimson Beast B and have seen 1 jaggo spawn, with no rare drops (unless you count delma?)

If this isn't reason enough to quit hunting for a bico i don't know what is....