PDA

View Full Version : Why is sega making PSU 2?

kadajarik
Aug 22, 2007, 02:31 PM
Ok I admit PSU might have a great online section?!? but the single player is so bad. Can't customize your character at the start!! =O and theres no multiplayer option. If they were to make a PSU they should of made customizing characters cause thats what made the games good. Not being told the story and having being placed with the character your with. Thats what other games are for! Not this dung heap of an attempt at trying to make a great game even better. In fact they missed the biggest elements of what made the series so good and screwed them up. I don't care about the fancy new rares and techniques, wheres the great gameplay. Sega should scrap that idea and make PSO for the DS which is the most orgasmic idea in the world of orgasmic ideas.

No offense to you PSU online maniacs but for gods sake what are sega doing?!

- Kadajarik

EphekZ
Aug 22, 2007, 03:52 PM
Rants, no?

Well, for the sake of the topic, you need to face it. PSO is dead. It'd be like microsoft suddenly going back and working on halo; not gunna happen. They're time and attention is at PSU now.

omegapirate2k
Aug 24, 2007, 10:27 PM
PSO... for DS?

:/

Sinue_v2
Aug 24, 2007, 10:45 PM
Not being told the story and having being placed with the character your with. Thats what other games are for! Not this dung heap of an attempt at trying to make a great game even better. In fact they missed the biggest elements of what made the series so good and screwed them up.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/7e/250px-Psg2.jpg

OMG WTF!!!11 I imported this for like 40 bux! No character customisation, no offline multiplayer, no online mode! WTF SEGA TEAM, yu are ruining the legacy of ths great seriez!!

Kent
Aug 25, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-08-24 20:27, omegapirate2k wrote:
PSO... for DS?

...It seriously is the best idea ever.

Sure, they'd have to turn down the graphics considerably, but you could use the touch screen instead for menus and everything like that, quite easily.

Of course, I'm not fond of the idea of playing the same game I've played the hell out of for the past six or so years, so a new Phantasy Star Online-style game, with a completely new setting and everything, would be ideal.

Besides, it's what the system really needs - online multiplayer action/RPG that doesn't use friend codes exclusively.

...And yeah, it'd probably pull in more money than PSU would, anyway.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 25, 2007, 03:04 AM
I'd play a DS PSO.

But I doubt Sega would http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

omegapirate2k
Aug 26, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-08-24 23:57, Kent wrote:

PSO... for DS?

Of course, I'm not fond of the idea of playing the same game I've played the hell out of for the past six or so years, so a new Phantasy Star Online-style game, with a completely new setting and everything, would be ideal.

Besides, it's what the system really needs - online multiplayer action/RPG that doesn't use friend codes exclusively.

Well, theres no denying a handheld MMO would be fucking awesome, but, ah, let it be original XD

MrNomad
Aug 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
PSO is dead, give it a rest. You had PSOBB, and surely the current population is more than enough of an idea of how many people care enough to play it again. Just let it RIP already and stop wishing to ruin its credibility by asking for more of the same game be made. As hard as it may be to you PSO vets, but NO ONE would give a rats ass if PSO got ported again unless it was in some SEGA Phantasy Star collection game

Kent
Aug 26, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-08-26 07:14, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-08-24 23:57, Kent wrote:

PSO... for DS?

Well, theres no denying a handheld MMO would be fucking awesome, but, ah, let it be original XD

I don't think the system could really handle an MMO... A PSO type of game, though, is completely feasible.

Zael
Aug 28, 2007, 05:56 AM
lol, PSO on wireless play...

no thanks.

hollowtip
Aug 28, 2007, 12:39 PM
What they need to do is make a REAL MMOG, not a half-assed attempt at PSU.

Sinue_v2
Aug 28, 2007, 05:30 PM
I still don't understand the desire to put PSO on the DS. The DS could not even HANDLE PSO v.1. Ultima Online, perhaps, but not PSO. If they did manage to port it, it would be such a different game, that it wouldn't please anyone anyhow. It'd probably end up resembling more PSO Ep. III than the Diablo clone you're craving.

The DS just isn't powerful enough to handle PSO. You might as well be asking that it be ported to the Game & Watch.

Weeaboolits
Aug 28, 2007, 05:35 PM
PSO ep3 on DS? That would be awesome! Too bad it'd probly never happen... ._.

Jaspaller
Aug 28, 2007, 06:24 PM
PSO on DS would be brilliant... except for the fact that the DS would explode from trying to run it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a game somewhat similar to PSO on the DS though. Something original, and enjoyable, yet not so much grinding like PSU.