PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bothered....

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 04:54 PM
....to even think for one second that S-ranks aren't worth as much as everyone thinks they are?

And I'm not asking this from a "Whiny player" perspective that has no S-ranks. I have two, thanks very much. And honestly, neither of them are woth the prices in the PC (Player Character, for those who no longer use this term, don't know, or have forgotten it) stores.

I mean... Come on, I've seen the BOARDS cost more than the weapons, and that's just stupid. Go look in the synth shops, then at the company shops! The boards (if I remember correctly) are almost exactly ONE THIRD of the actual weapon's price that the NPC vendors have them for. Also, if I remember correctly, you can calculate the increase of price between each weapon (I can't remember, I haven't been bored enough lately to look once more).

If 10* weapons for whatever bats**t crazy reason become buyable (which won't happen, unless Sega has pity upon those who complain loud enough) in NPC stores... I bet it'll prove how no one seems to be able to give a rightful price to any items deemed "rare."

Yeah, I bet there have been rants and stuff on this subject, but come on people! The prices can be pretty much calculated down the the LAST MESETA of the ACTUAL price. Not all of the crap prices that people think rares are for just because of the * rating or how many hours/days/weeks/months it took them to find the board, then gathering/using the mats to make the item, then waiting for said item to be completed, then charge an even more insane amount of money for whatever % element it has.

At times I wish there was an actual price caps for items in such a cracked up economy.

Of course... what I say will fall upon deaf ears because everyone is so greedy they don't care if they're ripping someone off.

Such a sad thing...

HFlowen
Aug 23, 2007, 04:59 PM
You're absolutely right. But i think these two sentences pretty much sum it all up.

"Has anyone bothered to even think for one second that S-ranks aren't worth as much as everyone thinks they are? Of course what I say will fall upon deaf ears because everyone is so greedy they don't care if they're ripping someone off."

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, unfortunately they do. I actually made this to see who on here actually sees the sense in this.

Zorafim
Aug 23, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yes. We know. So far, the only supporting arguments are "I've been using the same weapon model for 50 levels" and "they look cool!". Considering how hard they are to get, they're not worth the statistical upgrade.

Ceresa
Aug 23, 2007, 05:02 PM
If they sell, the price was right.

Who are you to decide how much something is worth to other players?

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:03 PM
What statistical upgrade? What I have can easily be surpassed by a few grinds of a 7-9* weapon. Of course, one I can't really complain about because it's just meant for old school looks, not really power.

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-08-23 15:02, Ceresa wrote:

Who are you to say it's right? =/

Ceresa
Aug 23, 2007, 05:06 PM
Someone that understands supply and demand, obviously.

Vyre
Aug 23, 2007, 05:11 PM
You want something funny to consider aswell? why not everyone price their S ranks according to OFFLINE NPC SHOPS. they sell s ranks too...oh wait, some of them are actually CHEAPER in online player shops...

Supply and demand is the reason things are priced the way they are.

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-08-23 15:06, Ceresa wrote:

Just because it sells doesn't mean it's the right price. =/ Some of those players buying things might not be able to find a better price than yours and settle for it out of annoiance/desperation.

Not only that, but I don't see why I should believe that what you said is even true. =P Hell, I could claim I know quantum physics and some people might believe me (as if I would, I hate my Physics class as it is).

Plus, my photons sell pretty damn quick... doesn't mean I know supply and demand, just means I hit a lucky price. And I price stuff... well... higest I've ever gone with a price is about 15k. =P I'm fair, I don't rip people off (and I don't imply that you do).

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 23, 2007, 05:15 PM
Yep, It is all supply and demand, but complaining isn't going to get your anywhere, just price your items at whatever you want, but if you want to make money in this economy then price them as high as everyone else.

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-08-23 15:11, Vyre wrote:
You want something funny to consider aswell? why not everyone price their S ranks according to OFFLINE NPC SHOPS. they sell s ranks too...oh wait, some of them are actually CHEAPER in online player shops...

Supply and demand is the reason things are priced the way they are.

More like people price things on their own concept of what they think is right. =/ From what I can tell, people base price off of the * rating and how hard it was to get the weapon. Not actual usefullness/performance.

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-08-23 15:15, DaRkWoLf30 wrote:
Yep, It is all supply and demand, but complaining isn't going to get your anywhere, just price your items at whatever you want, but if you want to make money in this economy then price them as high as everyone else.

Mhm... I'm complaining about something that I don't even buy. That's me. =P I'm just asking if anyone has considered this, and if anyone sees logic in this at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MelanyKoura on 2007-08-23 15:18 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 23, 2007, 05:24 PM
hmmm they aren't worth much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

but are use for bragin rights which everyone knows that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

''Haha I'm better then you because I look cooler all though I do crap dmg compared to you anyway but looks mean everything''

And people get desperate as well

meaning you take advatange of this pathetic economy and sell that S rank for XX Meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

as well haxeta is dead atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:26 PM
That's pretty much all they are now... Of course I'll laugh at the hardcore hunters if/when all of these 10* and 11* rares become "CoL rares" and they start crying about all the time they wasted.

Zorafim
Aug 23, 2007, 05:27 PM
Oh, I see what's going on. Someone doesn't understand that items should be priced at how hard they are to obtain, and how wanted they are by the community.

RegulusHikari
Aug 23, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-08-23 15:14, MelanyKoura wrote:

Just because it sells doesn't mean it's the right price. =/ Some of those players buying things might not be able to find a better price than yours and settle for it out of annoiance/desperation.

Not only that, but I don't see why I should believe that what you said is even true. =P Hell, I could claim I know quantum physics and some people might believe me (as if I would, I hate my Physics class as it is).

Plus, my photons sell pretty damn quick... doesn't mean I know supply and demand, just means I hit a lucky price. And I price stuff... well... higest I've ever gone with a price is about 15k. =P I'm fair, I don't rip people off (and I don't imply that you do).

Neither of you can say a price is right or wrong. Why? Because there is no NPC value to base it off of. Any experience in an ORPG community will tell you, if something is drop-only, you better be ready to pay out the ass for it. There's no economy for it. A one of a kind item has NO DEFINITE VALUE.

You seem to have some kind of moral conflict, the problem isn't the rest of us. If you sell Item A for 3mil and I sell item A for 30mil, the other person WILLINGLY TOOK MY OFFER. I don't care why they took it, it was their decision, end of story. How can I rip them off when it's their own stupidity driving them to buy it? Why am I the person who is at fault for another's actions?

I'm not gonna spend hours on a game for one item and sell it for 1/10 of the price I could normally get, especially if I know there are players WILLING to spend more. You are putting way too much thought and consideration towards the buyer and not the seller.

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:30 PM
I understand it (unfortunately). I just see it as poinltess to charge more than 1mil for a weapon that barely increases (or may even decrease) your performance. Personally, I'd rather toss my S-ranks, but they were gifts from good friends. :3 I don't do that to gifts. Hell... I barely even USE them. I just carry them so they don't get taken from my PM.

CelestialBlade
Aug 23, 2007, 05:35 PM
They sure do make good trading fodder, for more important things like Units.

MelanyKoura
Aug 23, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-08-23 15:28, RegulusHikari wrote:

On 2007-08-23 15:14, MelanyKoura wrote:

Neither of you can say a price is right or wrong. Why? Because there is no NPC value to base it off of. Any experience in an ORPG community will tell you, if something is drop-only, you better be ready to pay out the ass for it. There's no economy for it. A one of a kind item has NO DEFINITE VALUE.

You seem to have some kind of moral conflict, the problem isn't the rest of us. If you sell Item A for 3mil and I sell item A for 30mil, the other person WILLINGLY TOOK MY OFFER. I don't care why they took it, it was their decision, end of story. How can I rip them off when it's their own stupidity driving them to buy it? Why am I the person who is at fault for another's actions?

I'm not gonna spend hours on a game for one item and sell it for 1/10 of the price I could normally get, especially if I know there are players WILLING to spend more. You are putting way too much thought and consideration towards the buyer and not the seller.

I'm just asking if anyone has considered this, and if anyone sees logic in this at all.

I'm not asking for your tangets on supply and demand, and "I'll sell for what I want." I'll add in a little more of what I'm asking for too. I just want to know if there's any logic(/decency) in what I said and if it seems SOMEWHAT agreeable. If you don't, say no and be on your merry little way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MelanyKoura on 2007-08-23 15:39 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 23, 2007, 06:13 PM
any item is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

For example, to me any Fist S rank will be trash, but to someone else, it may be their favorite weapon and worth tons.

Value of something is personal. Some people feel a PS3 was worth 600 bucks, others don't and wait for it to drop in price.

THE JACKEL

Sekani
Aug 23, 2007, 06:22 PM
People don't want S-rank weapons for their damage potential (or lack thereof), so why should their stats be the major source of their value?

Zorafim
Aug 23, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-08-23 16:13, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
For example, to me any Fist S rank will be trash, but to someone else, it may be their favorite weapon and worth tons.

You can say that again. (http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/Einhart2/psu20070810_141843_011.jpg)

It's the bubbles and sparkles. I feel like I'm underwater when I use it.

Aralia
Aug 23, 2007, 11:03 PM
On 2007-08-23 15:04, MelanyKoura wrote:

On 2007-08-23 15:02, Ceresa wrote:

Who are you to say it's right? =/

who is anyone to say it's wrong?

And personally, I think that anything I need to spend 200+ runs hunting to get is plenty worth 20+/- mil.

So far from de ragan I seen 1 storm board drop, that's it, out of 240 runs. My friend saw 1 har/quick from onmagoug after 497 runs.
Neither of us saw anything other than those 2 things during those runs.

240 runs of de ragan x 60 mins (average cause of varying times due to tech leveling) = about 240 hours which makes about a FULL 7 days of playing with no break. (mind you my time was spaced out over 1 1/2 months but still.. that'd be a WEEK for a board)

Plus, with all the Haxxeta still out there, I fail to see how this economy is ever going to balance out. (yes, it's there.. you need to find the right people who were smart and held on to it all. =p)

If I manage to accumulate 50+ mil again, it's getting put in a PM of a character without a shop that I rarely ever play. Just so I can be financially secure again. =/

[Edit] More direct to the OP's intention..

No, there's no logic in selling an S-Rank weapon for ~480k (approximately the NPC value of a weapon of 10* rarity according to the price increase of the 1-8* weapons)

-Because- of the reasons I stated above.
Simply put.. Hunt them, don't buy them. Save your money/waste your time, or waste your money/save your time. Choose one if you wish to be pretty with an S rank.
Or be like the number crunchers and use 7-9* weps and have a higher damage output.

I use S ranks for the PP, Accuracy, effect, or appearance. I don't care how efficient my weps are since my character is made efficiently enough to balance it out. (God forbid I become a number cruncher.. there will be no stopping my beast if she gets her hands on some 50% 9* swords, dbl sabers, or daggers and a hard/power charge..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2007-08-23 21:14 ]</font>

PJ
Aug 23, 2007, 11:11 PM
The price SHOULDN'T be determined by how long someone spent to hunt it?

I'd feel pretty gipped if I spent months hunting an SRank board to sell (...for whatever reason you'd hunt a board just to sell), and then selling it at a low price to match it's statistical ability, according to morality or some bullshit, and only earning a small fee.

Yeah, I'd say if someone's willing to buy it, it's a good price.

omegapirate2k
Aug 23, 2007, 11:17 PM
It's something to do with my friends, of course.

The S ranks are only a bonus (or ARE they?)

Fleur-de-Lis
Aug 24, 2007, 12:57 AM
Buyer beware.

If people are more than willing to rip you off in the real world, why shouldn't you expect it in a virtual world?

PT can't even use S Ranks, so I'll be damn sure to sell/gift mine...

pikachief
Aug 24, 2007, 01:03 AM
On 2007-08-23 16:24, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-08-23 16:13, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

You can say that again. (http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/Einhart2/psu20070810_141843_011.jpg)

It's the bubbles and sparkles. I feel like I'm underwater when I use it.

OMG that pic is made of awesomeness!!!!!!!

Powder Keg
Aug 24, 2007, 01:05 AM
If Sonic Team is smart, they'll make 10, 11, and 12* rares very available. Otherwise, prices for these three will be the same as 13+, which really won't make any sense whatsoever.

Naru-
Aug 24, 2007, 01:19 AM
On 2007-08-23 23:05, Artea wrote:
If Sonic Team is smart, they'll make 10, 11, and 12* rares very available. Otherwise, prices for these three will be the same as 13+, which really won't make any sense whatsoever.

I think they will be easier to get later because the missions they drop in will be easier to farm with higher level caps. Maybe they will even drop with slightly higher rates in lets say S 3 missions or whatever, though I somehow doubt that.

What I seriously doubt is that at some point point npcs will sell the boards, so i don't think they will be so easily available, which might result in what you fear: 10 stars still being overpriced even when way better stuff comes out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Phoenix_Black
Aug 24, 2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, AoI and its 200 new weps will basically destroy any market present for current weapons. Everyone will want the latest and greatest.

pikachief
Aug 24, 2007, 01:31 AM
i hope like next year or in 2009 when the cap is 200 i can solo de ragan S2 in 5 min, so i can get like a ragnus in 1 day ^.^

oh and i also heard that in AOI drop rates were increased! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

i hope that wasn't just a silly rumor please someone confirm

9lotus
Aug 24, 2007, 01:33 AM
I'm not asking for your tangets on supply and demand, and "I'll sell for what I want." I'll add in a little more of what I'm asking for too. I just want to know if there's any logic(/decency) in what I said and if it seems SOMEWHAT agreeable. If you don't, say no and be on your merry little way.

If you're going to ignore the basic principles of economics in a discussion about prices, you can't say you're being logical.

I just see it as poinltess to charge more than 1mil for a weapon that barely increases (or may even decrease) your performance.

Finding and successfully synthing a 10* item is much harder than making 1 million. That's not a reasonable price at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9lotus on 2007-08-23 23:39 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Aug 24, 2007, 01:34 AM
Some people have the "Kick ass while looking good or don't kick ass at all" mentality.

Meh. If you can do 1000's with 9* wands, I'm happy.

Uransaras just look cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Naru-
Aug 24, 2007, 01:58 AM
On 2007-08-23 23:34, DonRoyale wrote:
Some people have the "Kick ass while looking good or don't kick ass at all" mentality.

Damn right, at least for me.

Newman melee is all about looking good anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Naru- on 2007-08-23 23:59 ]</font>

Phoenix_Black
Aug 24, 2007, 06:06 PM
Supply and demand does not justify inflation. 20 or 30 mil is a ridiculous price that you would be ridiculous to think that someone would pay...

panzer_unit
Aug 24, 2007, 06:18 PM
Charging what the market will bear is fair play. You can be statistically effective on the cheap, which is good for low-income players... S-ranks are stats symbols and blinging is always expensive. See diamonds vs cubic zirconia, gold vs brass, etc for jewelry.

Rashiid
Aug 24, 2007, 06:18 PM
you'd think that;

last Asted sold for over 30mil o.0

MSAksion
Aug 24, 2007, 07:47 PM
Remember that an S rank weapon doesn't make anyone BETTER than someone else. It just means that they are;

1) LUCKY - like me. I found my Meteor CannoC (Yes i was nuts and went kubara) while half asleep doing the 4th/5th De Ragnus spam with my friends. Wasn't hunting it myself personally - i wanted EXP that night really (my GT can't even use S rank Laser)

2) DEDICATED - i know that when Mad Beasts S2 came out EVERYONE was there for like ... some reported to me 15 hours of spam spam spam. They made like lvl 85 that night and lvl 90 a week later. Two or three rare boards dropped out of all of that and those who got them deserved them.

Someone who does one or two of the same mission and gives up is NOT worthy of a rare board. You gotta do the place at least... i'd put it like a dozen times before something good drops. Yes i know some report doing the same mission over and over and it never ever will drop but keep at it! Otherwise its' too common and everyone would be sporting Shi-Kikamis

3) INSANE - There are CRAZY people.... repeat CRAZY People who play a party game SOLO just to find a rare board U___U. I know a guy who's done like 1-5 linear line missions a night looking for crea doubles. 50% dark armor and lvl 70+ and he still hasn't found it!

I mean you could instead use all that SOLO time helping your friends level up and get them exp so that they can help you spam spam spam.... but if you want the insanely stupidly rare Board to drop for you and ONLY you then solo and wasting $$$ is the only option >_>

Dre_o
Aug 24, 2007, 08:25 PM
I'll repeat myself like the MULTIPLE duplicate threads that have come before this one.

1) It's the INTERNET. People will do what they want whether you think it's smart or not.

2) If you don't like it, that's FUCKING GOOD FOR YOU. Now stop whining at those who over price their weapons. THEY DON'T CARE, THEY WILL DO IT WHETHER YOU APPROVE OR NOT.

3) I don't have a shop. I don't shop for S-Ranks. I don't care.

4) Please refer to #1.

EDIT: Yay for grammar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-08-24 18:26 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 24, 2007, 08:31 PM
Hah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Our economy is nice and still messy as ever

Got to control it

and take advantage of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Some might not agree

but it works

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-08-24 18:32 ]</font>