PDA

View Full Version : Best (free) soloution to getting screenshots/movies on PC

Turbobrain
Aug 24, 2007, 03:26 AM
I want to make a quick movie about how I can solo Mad Beasts S2 with my FT'r. It's probably quite common knowledge but it's possible to use the landscape to your advantage throughout this mission epsecially in block 3. I just want to show some friends how it is possible to EASILY solo this and get an S. My record is 1 scape in the entire mission(vahra map).

A while back I rmember a way of getting screenshots but can't remember. Thing is what if it's running in full screen mode... what also ifI wanted to record a 'movie'... is the best soloution to use another device to record the monitor.

I have certaily seen some VERY good quality screenshots/movies from this game so I'm thinking there must be a way without using an external camera. Obviously I am on PC, hmmm... I also have a dual screen gfx card so I suppose I could send the output to another device and record that way... or even use the SVHS output but that seems a bit construed for the purpose.

In any case if anyone can help me out with this I'd be greatfull.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-08-24 01:33 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Aug 24, 2007, 04:15 AM
Screenshots: hit print screen, the screenshots are saved in SEGA/ PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE/ SCREENSHOT

Movies: I guess Fraps would be the best method.

Syl
Aug 24, 2007, 04:16 AM
WELL I USE HYPERCAM2 BUT IT LEAVES A WATERMARK ON THE TOP LEFT SCREEN

Tekershee
Aug 24, 2007, 04:53 AM
o.o

I just use fraps o.o

Turbobrain
Aug 24, 2007, 07:05 AM
Sorry for sounding dumb but what is fraps?

Starrz
Aug 24, 2007, 07:27 AM
http://www.fraps.com

Mystil
Aug 24, 2007, 08:14 AM
Print Screen saves images in BMP format.

Just use Fraps.

Turbobrain
Aug 24, 2007, 02:21 PM
I tired using the PrtScr and can't find the file. I looked in Sega/phantasystaruniverse and could not find anything...

Turbobrain
Aug 24, 2007, 02:27 PM
lol found em... in my documents:) duh!