PDA

View Full Version : New Hal Report (8/24)

Allison_W
Aug 24, 2007, 08:39 AM
(Cross-posted to the AoI sticky thread--my apologies if I should not have made a new topic for this.)

So, there's a new Hal report up on the Illuminus site:

http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/movie/report_04.html

Doesn't seem to cover anything we don't already know. I can't understand a lick of Japanese, but it appears to be a video of the new Just Attack and Just Counter in action, as well as a before-and-after comparison of the changes they're making to enemy reach. If I'm wrong, by all means, correct me--I'd like to hear some new news.

Rashiid
Aug 24, 2007, 08:49 AM
ohh i wanna see in action http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but im at skuel; so i gotta wait till i get hizzome >.>;;

Mr_Confused
Aug 24, 2007, 09:16 AM
it just looked like he blocked an attack and used rising strike unless im missing something

Realmz
Aug 24, 2007, 09:23 AM
i believe the first part was Just Attack, there was a special effect that happened when the guy activated rising strike after a combo. the second part was Just Counter, with a similar effect. the last bit looks like they're showing off that (hey, now things won't hit you if you're not getting, you know, hit by them" via side stepping around the vahra while it's attacking

AC9breaker
Aug 24, 2007, 09:27 AM
Orpad/Legs >> All other units in AoI

Allison_W
Aug 24, 2007, 09:32 AM
I know; I'm seriously considering an AFnewearl when AoI comes out. I will simply have to resist the temptation to name her "MC Hammer" and give her a "Can't touch this" macro.

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 24, 2007, 09:39 AM
Wow better strafing, FTW!

Golto
Aug 24, 2007, 09:52 AM
I'm glad they're fixing the horrendously large hit boxes melee attacks from monsters have. I could be almost two character spaces away from a melee attack and still get hit and it wasn't caused by lag or buggy monster placement.

Scythe88
Aug 24, 2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah monsters cheat that way

Kylie
Aug 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Hal is so crazy.

Freshellent
Aug 24, 2007, 10:04 AM
Wait,does that mean their adjusting the hitboxes? And it looks like Just Counter is only going to use a yellow "flash" and a standard first swing as the animation. Rather than the dramatic slash back I was hoping for. At least,that's what it looked like it me.

Hmm,if I'm guessing right you can do a normal combo,Just Attack,PA now? Then that should mean you can do things like Just Counter,PA right? I hope so. It's going to make combat less boring and more of a fair fight in places like HIVEs. That's IF the hitboxes are indeed changed it'll mean sidestepping will have more of a purpose and be more practical rather than having to move so far away like usual.

That's great for ANY class then. A Vahra whiffing means RA's can fire that shotgun in retaliation,FO's can cast a Gi TECH just by stepping back a little rather than constantly spacing everything.

A hitbox adjustment is better than I could have hoped for,larger characters might not notice it as much but for the rest of the players,being little guy might make you more of a "ninja" than originally intended.

It's amazing how simple little gameplay things can amuse me so much. I'm not sure how much the rest of you care,but I'm really excited for these things. That's if I'm correct on what I'm seeing.

amtalx
Aug 24, 2007, 10:09 AM
Wow, now I can really mangle things with my Xbow. They seem to be doing a lot to make this game easier...and not a whole lot to make it harder.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
Yo Ein, I'm probably as excited as you are about the whole "Just" thingies in this game. I'm kind of tired of hearing people say "EVP is bad for Hunters, it interupts PAs ;_;", but I always liked EVP as a Fighter, and this will make me like it even more. I'm also into the whole Just Attack thing cuz I also don't really like to spam PAs like an idiot. And yeah, that hitbox thign for us is really awesome too, it is frustrating to see a hentai worm pop up like 10 feet away from you yet you still get hit and Jellen'd by it. I'm glad that Sega's finally paying some attention to us Hunters, and making EVP even better for us.

BanF
Aug 24, 2007, 10:37 AM
Cool!

Now just to find out how hard they really are to pull off!

OldCoot
Aug 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-08-24 08:30, Shiroryuu wrote:
Yo Ein, I'm probably as excited as you are about the whole "Just" thingies in this game. I'm kind of tired of hearing people say "EVP is bad for Hunters, it interupts PAs ;_;", but I always liked EVP as a Fighter, and this will make me like it even more. I'm also into the whole Just Attack thing cuz I also don't really like to spam PAs like an idiot. And yeah, that hitbox thign for us is really awesome too, it is frustrating to see a hentai worm pop up like 10 feet away from you yet you still get hit and Jellen'd by it. I'm glad that Sega's finally paying some attention to us Hunters, and making EVP even better for us.

I agree. It seems like Evasion is a curse when you have wimpy creatures hit you and you block it, voiding your attack. But, when you are about to get slammed by something that can do 500pts + damage, evasion is your best friend. Without evasion I would be more dependant on mates or resta.

Pillan
Aug 24, 2007, 10:58 AM
I'm really beginning to wonder how useful Just Counter will be if enemies are easier to dodge and you can get the same effect or greater from Just Attack by creating a 3+ attack combo. Not to mention blocking still cancels the art, which would be even more annoying after comboing 3 basic attacks so the whole PA would consist of criticals. (Or at least that’s how it appeared to work from the film.)

HFlowen
Aug 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
From what I can see, he used a basic attack and linked his rising strike into the just attack. 200 damage to 500.

AND THEY'RE FIXING THE HIT DETECTION!? YES!

HFlowen
Aug 24, 2007, 11:18 AM
Also, his counter attack seemed to have a damage boost to 300.

Assuming thats the same character.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 24, 2007, 11:25 AM
On 2007-08-24 08:53, OldCoot wrote:

I agree. It seems like Evasion is a curse when you have wimpy creatures hit you and you block it, voiding your attack. But, when you are about to get slammed by something that can do 500pts + damage, evasion is your best friend. Without evasion I would be more dependant on mates or resta.

Yeah, some people may see an Ageeta or a Polty and they'll be all like "OMG AGEETA! KILL!! *spams lol Daggas on a single Ageeta!" I mean, come on, a wimpy thing like that, yeah, that's what our normal attacks are for, they're free and if we block their attacks, we just wasted PP, and on a weak monster when we could have used it for PA'ing a Kamatoze or a Kog Nadd.

Pillan
Aug 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-08-24 09:14, HFlowen wrote:
From what I can see, he used a basic attack and linked his rising strike into the just attack. 200 damage to 500.

AND THEY'RE FIXING THE HIT DETECTION!? YES!

On 2007-08-24 09:18, HFlowen wrote:
Also, his counter attack seemed to have a damage boost to 300.

Assuming thats the same character.

If you look closely, in both cases the attack just criticaled (a critical hit is always 1.5x damage, which explains the 200 to 300 increase). Also I could have sworn I heard Hal say the word critical in English on both occasions.

Arika
Aug 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
no, it is not 500 from 200 ,because the 200 is normal attack
from what I see, it just said that it is 100% critical when you success on Just counter or just attack.
but just counter seem work only with normal attack (?) if so, it won't be much useful

HFlowen
Aug 24, 2007, 11:39 AM
Yea, I just noticed the little white circles.

I don't see how 100% critical is a bad thing though.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
Id say Im more excited about the hit box adjustments than the counter attacks, no more phantom hits!

pikachief
Aug 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
wat? u mean when a megid goes over my head or when go vahras swip at me and i PA to their sides they wont hit me anymore!?

wow awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
Aug 24, 2007, 11:58 AM
I can actually dodge now? Maybe this will mean I can actually apply skill to my playstyle, instead of just strategy. Seems like great fun.

As for the "Just"s, I'm still not excited about it. When it's implemented, I'll see exactly how it works, but I'm still doubtful. Nice to see I can get some damage output when I block, though.

Pillan
Aug 24, 2007, 12:04 PM
On 2007-08-24 09:36, Arika wrote:
but just counter seem work only with normal attack (?) if so, it won't be much useful

Even if it is just normal attacks, the first move of the double saber combo is 8 hits. I could see it being very useful there. Too bad the only class that can use double sabers only gets 90% EVP, so you can't see the difference between a Newman or a Cast blocking against enemies your level.

HFlowen
Aug 24, 2007, 12:06 PM
Also, if normal attacks replenish PP, and criticals replenish even more; you could deal some decent damage and charge up your weapons in this fashion it would seem.

pikachief
Aug 24, 2007, 12:13 PM
well since were on the topic of japan, what does this mean, i know it doesnt mean anything significant but google cant translate jp properly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

"Also in the future understanding of everyone we would like to grant cooperation, may ask."

Its from the 360 update page and i know it doesnt mean anything but its been driving crazy to know what they mean for some reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Phoenix_Black
Aug 24, 2007, 12:31 PM
Sounds like we get to play with more NPCs, or learn more about each of them...

Zorafim
Aug 24, 2007, 12:46 PM
Hm, I hope we get this on AoI offline. I want to play around with this before judging if it's good or not. It worked well with swords and spears, after all (even if the play style has changed significantly since then).

HaydenX
Aug 24, 2007, 12:46 PM
Just Attack + just counter + pp charge + sidestepping = Twin Daggers FTW! Mobou

HaydenX
Aug 24, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-08-24 10:13, pikachief wrote:
well since were on the topic of japan, what does this mean, i know it doesnt mean anything significant but google cant translate jp properly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

"Also in the future understanding of everyone we would like to grant cooperation, may ask."

Its from the 360 update page and i know it doesnt mean anything but its been driving crazy to know what they mean for some reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I don't understand Japanese either, but based upon that sentence, I'm guessing English syntax would be:
"We would like to ask for everyone's cooperation and understanding." What was the previous statement. Also, was this about the update?

pikachief
Aug 24, 2007, 12:56 PM
yes it was, which is y it confused me so much.

cuz from "Also in the future understanding of everyone we would like to grant cooperation, may ask."

i got "Also in the future, understand that we may ask for u to grant cooperation"

thats wat i got out of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif oh well i guess i'll jstu get over it >.>

BanF
Aug 24, 2007, 01:01 PM
Pikachief, it's a good thing you didn't make that bet in your sig! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

pikachief
Aug 24, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-08-24 11:01, BanF wrote:
Pikachief, it's a good thing you didn't make that bet in your sig! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

actually i have to pay $10 to reactivate my PC account for that T_T

Cracka_J
Aug 24, 2007, 01:10 PM
lol 3s parries and rival schools tardy counter have been added.

ENJOY!

Dragwind
Aug 24, 2007, 01:48 PM
I must say, I sure am going to love this addition/change to gameplay. Jolly good fun, indeed.

Ryoki
Aug 24, 2007, 01:52 PM

There is only one monster where EVP is the worst thing for a hunter. Kogg Nadds. >.>. You're blocking their spikes, which do about 10-60 damage (depending). wow, I'de rather just be able to pull of my Bogga Zubba without blocking such small damage and losing my PP.

But yeah, any other monster, EVP is great. Especially when I blocked De Ragnus's ground slam. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 24, 2007, 02:03 PM
With the Hit box adjustment, I'm sure a lot of headaches will finally be lifted.

I wonder how just-counter will work with technique fighters... Are we able to wack the enemies with our rods finally? xD J/k.

Freshellent
Aug 24, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-08-24 12:03, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
With the Hit box adjustment, I'm sure a lot of headaches will finally be lifted.

I wonder how just-counter will work with technique fighters... Are we able to wack the enemies with our rods finally? xD J/k.

Haha,At least when you back up now it won't have to be a mile away to sling Diga/Gi techs anymore.

This is so good I'm not sure why it wasn't in this version of PSU. Finally,blocking something will actually be helpful rather than saving you from a knockdown.

Here's the real question though:
During Just Counters does this mean your invincible? Or can you be hit out of it? In most fighting games, (I'm aware this is not,but the idea is borrowed from it) Your given a number of frames where you can't be harmed during a defensive or the start up of strong offensive measures. Like in Guilty Gear,when Overdrives/Dead Angles are done. It allows for at least 1 frame where you can't be hit/touched etc.

Will we get the same thing? Or at least during a Just Counter attack will we only take damage in a form of super armor? ( Meaning we can be hit,but not knockdowns/pop-ups apply,only damage taken.) I'm hoping at least we'll continue the counter and just "eat" the hit. It'd be a real pain to just get stopped outright by something hitting you.

Pillan
Aug 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
Honestly, I don’t think that much planning went into the Just Counter and Just Attack system, as it is just a last minute addition Sonic Team threw on the expansion. It seems to be “Just time your attacks right and you’ll instantly critical.” I wouldn’t really place my bets on temporary invincibility or even a higher block rate on attacks, meaning you could easily “Just get knocked out of the combo again.”

Personally, I’d laugh if you were a Newman AF fighting a Kog Nadd and couldn’t pull off any Just Counter attacks because you blocked mid attack each time.

Aside from AF, AT, and WT, hunters don't really have enough EVP for you to block and break a combo twice in a row, so I wouldn't worry about it and I'd expect to just eat the hits as you said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-08-24 13:00 ]</font>

Niloklives
Aug 24, 2007, 02:59 PM
my original understanging of the just counter was that when blocking we could perform a normal attack or a PA with several frames of invulnerability...but I'm not entirely sure after seeing that video.

Sinue_v2
Aug 24, 2007, 03:11 PM
With all the slo-mo, it looked to me like she was talking about fixng the horrendous framerate preformance of PSU.

Para
Aug 24, 2007, 03:27 PM
Just Attack looks like Normal attack combo'd into PA with an additional damage boost.
Just counter looks like using a normal attack right after you block.
And fixed hit detection which makes strafers very happy but would that mean the game is easier now?

Cracka_J
Aug 24, 2007, 03:32 PM
sega will add rolling next and all hell will break loose between psu and snk gamers

Dre_o
Aug 24, 2007, 03:44 PM
Geeze people, calm down. We've seen what WE can do. Do we know what the ENEMIES can do? We've been told that ST is improving the AI so that the enemies just don't brainlessly charge you. Don't count out the expansion as being easy yet.

NOTE: The video was very informative indeed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-08-24 13:44 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 24, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-08-24 13:32, Cracka_J wrote:
sega will add rolling next and all hell will break loose between psu and snk gamers

What if we're both PSU AND SNK gamers? Like me for example, I play PSU, but I also like the King of Fighters series.

pikachief
Aug 24, 2007, 04:23 PM
On 2007-08-24 13:32, Cracka_J wrote:

im an SNK gamer! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

also i may cry tears of joy if they put in the a button as a roll button cuz i've been talking about the A button doing stuff like that fro so long...

Syl
Aug 24, 2007, 04:58 PM
I hope they add a better aggro system. I mean, whoever did the last damage to a monster is kind of blah for an aggro system >.>

Soukosa
Aug 24, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-08-24 12:56, Pillan wrote:
Honestly, I don’t think that much planning went into the Just Counter and Just Attack system, as it is just a last minute addition Sonic Team threw on the expansion. It seems to be “Just time your attacks right and you’ll instantly critical.” I wouldn’t really place my bets on temporary invincibility or even a higher block rate on attacks, meaning you could easily “Just get knocked out of the combo again.”

Personally, I’d laugh if you were a Newman AF fighting a Kog Nadd and couldn’t pull off any Just Counter attacks because you blocked mid attack each time.

Aside from AF, AT, and WT, hunters don't really have enough EVP for you to block and break a combo twice in a row, so I wouldn't worry about it and I'd expect to just eat the hits as you said.

Since when was it instantly critical? The way I've always seen it described is that if you block an attack from an enemy, you can instantly retaliate back with an attack that can't be interupted. That alone is quite nice since you're prone to getting your attacks interrupted. Any skillful players should be making use of EVP anyways. EVP is much more powerful in the later levels than DFP which is why tenora armors have such higher requirements than yohmei ones, since yohmei armors are meant for forces to compensate for their low DFP while tenora gives EVP to hunters that are lacking in it.

But then again, we have a bunch of cast fanboys like you who feel that EVP is worthless and try to make it out as being worthless to everyone else that disagrees with it (just like you did here and in the AF thread). Your arguments hold little water and just seem like the typical fanboy whining. The hitbox one especially, since you're not likely to be able to pronce around like they did in the video. In true combat scenarios, you're likely to get smacked mid attack since you have to be in enemy's attack range to actually be able to fight it.

HFlowen
Aug 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
"Since when was it instantly critical?"

Hal says it a few times.

Parn
Aug 24, 2007, 05:29 PM
All I know is, my human acrofighter will have EVP stacked as much as possible. My intent is to abuse the counterattack system to my advantage, and make myself near invincible. We'll see if I can pull it off when the expansion ships!

Pillan
Aug 24, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-08-24 15:06, Sounomi wrote:
Since when was it instantly critical? The way I've always seen it described is that if you block an attack from an enemy, you can instantly retaliate back with an attack that can't be interupted. That alone is quite nice since you're prone to getting your attacks interrupted. Any skillful players should be making use of EVP anyways. EVP is much more powerful in the later levels than DFP which is why tenora armors have such higher requirements than yohmei ones, since yohmei armors are meant for forces to compensate for their low DFP while tenora gives EVP to hunters that are lacking in it.

But then again, we have a bunch of cast fanboys like you who feel that EVP is worthless and try to make it out as being worthless to everyone else that disagrees with it (just like you did here and in the AF thread). Your arguments hold little water and just seem like the typical fanboy whining. The hitbox one especially, since you're not likely to be able to pronce around like they did in the video. In true combat scenarios, you're likely to get smacked mid attack since you have to be in enemy's attack range to actually be able to fight it.

I think your post just made my day.

But, yeah, look at the video yourself and it appears to be an automatic critical if you press the attack button immediately after blocking, which makes a lot more sense than an automatic attack as both the Just Attack and Just Counter systems were introduced to increase the timing factor in the hunter class. Whether or not you actually are invincible during the attack in the final is questionable, but we’ll worry about that when there’s a slightly more detailed source of information.

As far as the DFP versus EVP, well, it’s a quite simple trade off. You block and your attack is canceled. With Just Attack, that canceled attack took longer to set up and was dealing WAY more damage plus caused me to lose PP, so it honestly makes me think even less of EVP on a hunter. If you want to disagree with that and stack up on EVP, that’s your choice, but I’ve obviously chosen against it because it leads to an overall decrease in damage/time. Does it make me better than you? Well, I’d argue so, but who cares really?

As far as holding little water, well, seems pretty logical to me. I’ll take the attack damage and keep going with my attack. I already critical for nearly 1000 on the second move of gravity strike, so getting the full 1000 x 12 in one move seems worth taking a couple hundred damage. You, on the other hand, block and receive no damage on top of dealing high damage on the next attack and the possible short period of invincibility you mentioned earlier. If Just Counter was extended to PAs or even a full combo, I could see it being more worthwhile, but I’m just going by what the video showed me thus far.

And with your true combat scenario, well, I’d disagree there. If the Vahra hit box is changed like they showed, it’s not that hard to just walk around him and attack him from behind. But, right now I do something I find far more effective: charge toward the Vahra slightly at its side, then turn behind me and then initiate the lock on, moving into Buten or Gravity Strike depending on which weapon I’m wielding. In a team of 4-6, I’m really not getting hit that much, so I really wouldn’t need to evade anyway. Plus there’s always an fT in the team. In solo, I could just play something with Resta, which is a hundred fold more effective than EVP will ever be. (Why would you solo as a hunter anyway?)

But, of course, you’re entitled to feel how you want on the subject. I’m just not that impressed.

Dein
Aug 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
I couldn't really see in the video but what I want to know most about Just Attacks is if they change the entire animation for the final attack in a normal combo. If they change it where the last attack is faster and better at stopping monsters for all weapons then it'll be a great change for melees.

RadHaz
Aug 24, 2007, 07:04 PM
I swear that announcer is Pixy Misa.

Zorafim
Aug 24, 2007, 08:13 PM
I think Just Counter will benefit the acro classes greatly, perhaps making them slightly overpowered (Maybe newmen acrofighters may be the best offensive melee job/race combo? If so, GG Sega!). They're the ones with the agility, so they're the ones who will be consistent with their evasion. Since you can estimate when they'll evade, you can be ready for the counter. Evasive armors will probably be best, since you'll want to build on that consistency.

As for fortefighters, though, we have the lowest evasive stat in the game. As we stand, we're so inconsistent with evading that I normally block only when I really don't want to (Vanda's Damfoi when I'm trying to use Dugrega, for instance). Beyond that, our PAs are incredibly long, and we want to get to the stuns and knockbacks to control the enemies. Even if we were to evade consistently, we wouldn't be able to do our jobs.
It's not just about damage taken or given, it's about keeping the enemy's movement under check for other players. This is made much for difficult with high evasion.

DLShAdOw
Aug 24, 2007, 09:23 PM
Is this video on Youtube? My computer is too slow to run it off of the Sega site. D:

Cypher_9
Aug 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
Well I am just glad that I won't get scratched on the back when I am like 20 feet away from the enemy.. More so the fact that they are making our fighting style more strategic rather than just ballisticly using PA's (when they are already maxed/capped -- Rangers and Forces have an excuse.. XD)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cypher_9 on 2007-08-24 19:31 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Aug 24, 2007, 10:43 PM
my god... Hal's Japanese voice sounds almost as bad as the non-lipsync haveing English voice

pikachief
Aug 24, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-08-24 20:43, Omega_Weltall wrote:
my god... Hal's Japanese voice sounds almost as bad as the non-lipsync haveing English voice

i can tell u dont listen or watch many japanese sutffs

Omega_Weltall
Aug 24, 2007, 11:11 PM
On 2007-08-24 20:53, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-08-24 20:43, Omega_Weltall wrote:

i can tell u dont listen or watch many japanese sutffs

No I actually prefer to watch anime with their original voice tracks. I just hate the whole super high pitched female voice thats oh so popular in Japanese culture. I like women to sound like... women, not 11 year old little girls... (insert Chris Hanson)

Anyway!! On topic: I understand the whole DFP over EVP thing. And the just counter thing would make melee Newmans more .. survivable... any word on what Gunners are getting? cause I turned my Newman Fortecher to Fortgunner and its frickken awesome! (no ZOMG huge numbers but SE's are almost constant.)

DonRoyale
Aug 24, 2007, 11:19 PM
I'm happy.

At least we won't have to spam PA's to get more damage.

And finally. Now I won't have to worry about getting hit from behind when I circle around enemies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Cell132
Aug 25, 2007, 02:53 AM
So, Just Attacks are effects added onto a PA, or a regular attack? Like say, Always a critical, or added SE to bladed attacks?

Counter sounds tight. Now Cell can really do a Cross Counter. (If only I could counter with the first part of a PA. The REAL Cross Counter.)

I like the evasion thing. It was hard goin from PSO to PSU tryin to dodge everything by a hair. Should be a bit easier. (Specially fer projectiles.)

I guess I understand most of it cept the Just Attack.

Also, I agree with a bit from what Ein said. I'd like it if the counter would let me just eat the attack and counter. Seconds of invincibility are okay, but a beserk hit has more appeal to me.

WolfBlade
Aug 25, 2007, 04:27 AM
ehh looks kool

Kupi
Aug 25, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-08-25 00:53, Cell132 wrote:
I guess I understand most of it cept the Just Attack.

Also, I agree with a bit from what Ein said. I'd like it if the counter would let me just eat the attack and counter. Seconds of invincibility are okay, but a beserk hit has more appeal to me.

From what I saw in the video, it looks like Just Attack is a damage bonus applied to a bladed PA if you've completed a full normal combo before.

So, on the offense, you've got two options: spam PAs for elevated damage, or use normal attacks first and use the PA for higher damage, at the risk of losing your combo to an evasion or getting knocked across the room.

Just Defend seems to work as you describe, actually, only it takes place after the initial evasiion. Yes, you lose the attack you were making when you evaded, but your next several attacks can't be canceled because you're immune to attacks.

Cell132
Aug 25, 2007, 04:24 PM
Ah, I think I get it. Much Appreciated.

Sounds like it gives more variety to attacks which is always welcome.

TUSCAN
Aug 25, 2007, 05:59 PM
my guess is that the power strike (just attack) does the first part of the weapons most basic photon art for free if you time an attack after the normal combo correctly. so you can attack with a regualr combo and cancel into a photon art, or you can attack with a regular combo and cancel into a power strike, which is where the pp gain for regular attacks comes in. if you drain a powerful weapon you aren't stuck with the regular combo per se, you can still have an art and your pp will replenish faster.

as for the counter strike (just defend), I imagine it allows a photon art to be cancelled into it, which will really help with crowd control, as well as the rest of a regular combo. I also expect the activation window to be along the lines of the just defend from Garou: Mark of the Wolves or the parry from Street Fighter 3.

Kairi_Li
Aug 25, 2007, 07:25 PM
So I'm guessing either no one translated what Hal said, or what she said doesn't explain how Just Attack works in detail?