PDA

View Full Version : Camera...

DurakkenX
Aug 24, 2007, 02:36 PM
Is just me or is it annoying that the camera is exactly behind the character for it's default position and if you move it, it returns less than a second later?

I wish the stupid camera was like just like 5-10 degrees higher. It would save me from being frustrated so much...

Duke
Aug 24, 2007, 02:41 PM
It's not just you man the ingame camera could use a lot more tweaks because im tired of using the second anolog on the 360 to move on the camera. It gets anoying a little bit, but I can manage. I'm sure Sega would ignore this while in dev with AOI, but it would help to fix this issue in an update.

Inazuma
Aug 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
remember psobb would let you set the camera distance? and it would stay that way too. having the camera way back was nice cuz you see more of whats goin on.

MSAksion
Aug 24, 2007, 05:52 PM
I wish that i could hit the L1 button and have the camera LOCK behind my character. So that when i start to turn the camera always has my character in the center of the screen and i can see what my character is seeing.

Then i could tap the L1 button to release camera and let it be the way it is - staying in on direction so i can see forward no matter how my character is running. Then when i need to run around a maze or something its tap L1 to go back to fixed behind character mode.

But i agree, the camera is too low and i can't see over my own character's head sometimes. if it were height and distance adjustable it would be SOOO awesome!

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 24, 2007, 05:58 PM
My only complaint is that there are no mouse useage in this game to coordinate as the camera.

stukasa
Aug 24, 2007, 06:10 PM
I've never had any problem with the camera. o.o Compared to PSO it's way way better~

Realmz
Aug 24, 2007, 06:23 PM
i have the camera set to me right analog stick, i can keep it in any position i want when just running around, but when i fight i do kinda need to see, and the default does a good job of that. one thing i wish is that we could set the camera speed, so i could make it faster lol..

Chuck_Norris
Aug 24, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-08-24 16:23, Realmz wrote:
one thing i wish is that we could set the camera speed, so i could make it faster lol..

This is the only thing so far in the thread i agree with.

Realmz
Aug 24, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-08-24 16:28, chuck_norris wrote:

On 2007-08-24 16:23, Realmz wrote:
one thing i wish is that we could set the camera speed, so i could make it faster lol..

This is the only thing so far in the thread i agree with.

me too
oh wait...

but seriously, the camera moves so damn slow...

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
I only have a problem with my character obstructing my view if it's a HUGE character. Or if I'm offline and using the Striker "tnk" vehicle. That's a lot bigger so the camera problem is even worse.

My main problem with the camera is that it automatically moves around too damn much. I wish I could have it like Monster Hunter where the camera NEVER auto-moved...till you were close to a wall or a tree. X_X

But yeah, faster camera rotation would be nice too.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 25, 2007, 12:59 AM
This only happened to me during Firebreak, but during the Labs mission, occasionally the camera would get stuck in the beginning of the final block until I would hit L1 to correct it. It made dodging those damn traps infinitely harder but for some reason, I liked the way it stayed there giving an encompassing view of the room.

DurakkenX
Aug 25, 2007, 03:35 AM
One of the problems is that return to default is connected to lock-on which you need to press to strafe. Personally I have a big character so it's hard to see past the the character and it could be solved if the camera was raised slightly instead of being on the center of the back of the character.

Starrz
Aug 25, 2007, 08:40 AM
Remake your character shorter then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Starrz on 2007-08-25 06:41 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Aug 25, 2007, 09:57 AM
The camera is okay, except it gets stuck in certain situations. Or when there's some sort of non-solid barrier, you can't rotate it. Other than that, it usable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-25 07:59 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Aug 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
I actually like it better when the camera zooms in real close in tight corridors or close to walls. It gives you a resident evil 4/gears of war kind of view. The camera is real close up over the shoulder. The enemies are more larger than life this way. It really puts you in the heat of the battle. Wish I could set it to zoom in like that. Playing PSU as if it's Gears of War sure is fun!