PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorms...

DonRoyale
Aug 24, 2007, 08:51 PM
...completely destroyed my parents' TV and fucked up my PC.

Expect me off PSU for a while.

I think it was the bolt of lightning that came within 50 feet of our house that caused it >.>

Living in front of a forest has its disadvantages :<

Siertes
Aug 24, 2007, 08:54 PM
What kind of TV and PC got messed up? I always thought keeping power to the PC on during a thunderstorm to be pretty dumb...

DonRoyale
Aug 24, 2007, 08:59 PM
We were downloading a movie during the storm.

That had been going since God knows when. (Before I arrived here, anyway.)

I don't know what kind of TV. Thank God it wasn't our big-screen TV (forget how big it is...but it's pretty big.)

Oh well. It will get fixed regardless. Just...it will take some time. And money. >.>

Sinue_v2
Aug 24, 2007, 10:31 PM
Same situation here. Had a lightning bolt come down about 60 foot away and shatter a tree earlier today. I had most of the stuff in the house off anyhow since we were getting 60mph winds, so I kinda saw it coming. Had the PC and a few other things on, but I try to run my important stuff on a UPS so that even if the power surges and goes out, I can keep playing/surfing/watching. That is, except that my modem and router isn't on the UPS so that every time the lights flicker on a close lightning strike it kicks me off the internet.

Jaysky
Aug 25, 2007, 01:27 AM
I'm guessing we all live near the Detroit boarder area then because that where the bitch went off. Geez, you crazy tornados, and your.... existing in America.

DonRoyale
Aug 25, 2007, 01:32 AM
On 2007-08-24 23:27, Jaysky wrote:
I'm guessing we all live near the Detroit boarder area then because that where the bitch went off. Geez, you crazy tornados, and your.... existing IN AMERICA!

Well, now we really know the truth about THAT little fiasco...and we're happy, aren't we? m/

My dad will be looking at the problem tomorrow. Until then, sleep *snore*

Soukosa
Aug 25, 2007, 06:33 PM
I had the power go out on me three times in one day the other day. Once it went in the middle of the night when nothing was happening O.o; So big storms with gusty winds can blow through and then when it doesn't storm any where near by, the power goes out... Go figure >.>