PDA

View Full Version : What luck did you have when you found YOUR rares?

Turbobrain
Aug 25, 2007, 02:21 PM
I ask ths as my main is a Newman and we've had lousy luck for a long time now. He's just a few points away from capping(again). I am spamming Dual Sentinanl S2 as theres a lot of items I would really like there... while we're on that subject the Psycho wand board can drop from there can't it?(I have never heard of anyone finding it there).

All the stuff I have ever found(5 S rank boards, Sori/ Tech Charge, 2 me/quicks and some a lot of other stuff i forget) always seems to be found with 2/3 luck. Though I have found stuff from boss drops with 1(9* boards, some units) I sometimes think luck does not affect boss drops.

I have been told that luck only affects items like synth mats and nnot board drops or it does'nt really matter thugh I'm not sure about that.

So I guess with my lousy luck I need some inpsiration. Tell me what cool items you have found with low luck... I have met one guy who said he found his blackbull with zero.... I wonder how much luck really affects good drops.... If having 3 luck is like running a mission with one luck 3 times(lol, well you get what I mean:)). Please share and give me some inspiration;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-08-25 12:21 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 25, 2007, 02:27 PM
Luck increases Every other item to drop as well

Means more monomates

More Marseline/Scapes and such

Soooo imo

Luck fails -.- unless grinding

I mean really <.<

Equelivent exchange http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BanF
Aug 25, 2007, 02:57 PM
All rares I've ever found (about five of them) came on 0-luck. I've never gotten anything on 3-luck, not even grinding gone right.

RegulusHikari
Aug 25, 2007, 03:02 PM
Halp - 3
Ragnus - 3
Fuka - 1 I think
Skela - 3

GalaxTheWanderer
Aug 25, 2007, 03:10 PM
[B]Vahra Claw-0 luck.
Vahra Nail-0 luck
Copernia-1 luck/0 luck
Vestaline-0 luck
kerseline-2 luck
[B] Scape doll-I have found these on ALL luck levels...lol

DonRoyale
Aug 25, 2007, 03:28 PM
I found the Mungugruk board that I didn't get on 3* luck.

Mewn
Aug 25, 2007, 03:31 PM
Found my two S-Rank boards on either 0 or 1 luck, can't remember exactly.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 25, 2007, 03:34 PM
what rares did I find?

Aralia
Aug 25, 2007, 03:43 PM
usually between 0 and 3, y'know.. I never seem to get this uber luck everyone talks about. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2007-08-25 14:43 ]</font>

JC10001
Aug 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
With no luck whatsoever I got 2 Halarods, 2 Two-headed Ragnuses, a Shigga Desta, and a Giga / Skill PP Save.

I've never gotten anything good with 1, 2, or 3 star luck.

stukasa
Aug 25, 2007, 05:26 PM
Like Rena--I mean Mayu--said, luck increases the chances of SOMETHING IN GENERAL dropping, not rares in particular. The only reason you'd be more likely to find something rare on a 3* luck day is because more stuff is dropping. However, the chance of that stuff being rare is still the same as before. That's why luck--I mean photon fortune--has no effect on boss drops. Since every box after a boss fight ALWAYS contains an item anyway, it's not affected. I found a Cati / Power from a boss box last night and I had 0* luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RegulusHikari
Aug 25, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-08-25 15:26, stukasa wrote:
Like Rena--I mean Mayu--said, luck increases the chances of SOMETHING IN GENERAL dropping, not rares in particular. The only reason you'd be more likely to find something rare on a 3* luck day is because more stuff is dropping. However, the chance of that stuff being rare is still the same as before. That's why luck--I mean photon fortune--has no effect on boss drops. Since every box after a boss fight ALWAYS contains an item anyway, it's not affected. I found a Cati / Power from a boss box last night and I had 0* luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Don't bother, nobody listens. I've tried.

amtalx
Aug 25, 2007, 05:46 PM
It makes sense that you will find more rares on 0-2* luck days. Say we get four days (that's being generous for some) of 3* a month per race/sex combo. If you play 2 hours a day in that month you will have spent 8 hours playing with 3* luck and 54 hours with 0-2*. That means you spend 575% more time with 0-2* than 3* so you shouldn't expect rares to be dropping like rain on 3* days. Even if you play with friends and triple your time under 3* luck, that still means 3* luck would need to overcome 58% more time under 0-2*

That being said...drop rates could be a little better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aralia
Aug 25, 2007, 06:22 PM
On 2007-08-25 15:26, stukasa wrote:

If you've been running that mission for a while now, ignore this next line.

I hate you... T.T 240+ runs and still no cati/power... *cries*

Chaobo99
Aug 25, 2007, 06:28 PM
1* luck.

Gen2000
Aug 25, 2007, 06:46 PM
0 Luck for all the Sranks I found so far. In fact out of all the CoR spam runs I did lately with 1-3 Luck I only saw the 10* spear for the first time on a 0 Luck party (along with 2-3 Ganna Lines within the same runs back to back).

The whole luck system sucks, they should just basically make a day called "Item Grinding Day" or whatever and get it over with, save people who haven't realized how worthless luck is the headache of thinking 1-3 Luck will help them get their uber rarez.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-08-25 16:46 ]</font>

Remedy
Aug 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
I found my Me/Quick under level 1 Luck, and that's pretty much the only "rare" I have.

Midknight
Aug 25, 2007, 10:25 PM
I found 8 Darbelans ( 4 copernias, 0 blackhearts) at Space Dock with 1* luck. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Midknight on 2007-08-25 20:25 ]</font>

tailz
Aug 25, 2007, 11:15 PM
black heart - 1 (FIRST run, and first rare spawn i ever saw there... after 4 separate days with 3* luck, 12+ hrs each, and a capped character on C)
[B]2-Headed Ragnus - 0
[B]Vahra Claw - 0 (next run after the ragnus board)
4 rayguns, evil twins, 2 [B]Twin crea saber :'( - yesterday with 0

i posted this a few days ago, prolly fits in this topic better
"the list of rares i picked up 2 days ago with my male newman 82/10 fT with -NO- luck soloing plains overlord s2 for about 7 hours: 2 kubara wood, 8 copernia, 1 goldania, 5 grinder base A, 8 grinder base S, 2 omega acid, 17 teranite, 24 kerseline, 28 vestaline, 34 vulcaline (hellz yea), 21 junaline, 3 merculine, 30 par ebon, 11 par walna, 1 petanite, 1 titania, rapier, [B]2-Headed Ragnus, [B]vahra claw (next run after the ragnus board ), [B]Twin-Crea Saber (dropped by a lv 100 vahra... sigh lol)... n yesterday with 3* luck, same run, same length of time (since my PAs were higher, i even got MORE runs in this time than the day before): 7 teranite, 4 kerseline, 6 vestaline, 5 vulcaline, 1 neptuline, 4 copernia, 6 par ebon, 1 par walna, 6 grinder base A, 3 grinder base S, 1 omega acid... thats it.... huge upset lol 0/1* luck--> my fave http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif"

Sexy_Raine
Aug 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
0 luck drops a lot is such BS, ppl are such liars saying they found a lot. I never seen anything on 0. +1, +2 and +3 is when I see S ranks. I got a Meteor Cannon on +3

ArmitageQc
Aug 27, 2007, 01:30 PM
got Tero/legs on 2stars and also 2head ragnus same day on 2stars

sori/force 1stars

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 27, 2007, 01:33 PM
I think I've found an S rank with every different type of luck

THE JACKEL

GreenArcher
Aug 27, 2007, 01:39 PM
What are these "rares" that you speak of, and where might I acquire them?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HFlowen
Aug 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-08-27 10:18, Sexy_Raine wrote:
0 luck drops a lot is such BS, ppl are such liars saying they found a lot. I never seen anything on 0. +1, +2 and +3 is when I see S ranks. I got a Meteor Cannon on +3

People say that because I don't think they realise that the majority of the time, they only have 0 or 1 star luck.

The amount of time you play under 0 and 1 luck greatly outweighs whatever boost you got from the short segments of 3 luck.

Of course, you could argue the 3 luck week against that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-08-27 11:43 ]</font>

Gen2000
Aug 27, 2007, 01:58 PM
3 Luck Week is a big counter to that but I wouldn't even need to use that to prove my claims, but whatever people can keep doubting the power of 0 Luck, heh.

HFlowen
Aug 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
Even with an extra 7 days. There are months and months of lower luck.

Gen2000
Aug 27, 2007, 02:07 PM
I got 4 different characters so I can usually get 3Luck if I really wanted too to supposedly take advantage of the 3Luck but after a while I just find it to be worthless and not worth the effort besides for grinding.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 27, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-08-27 11:42, HFlowen wrote:

People say that because I don't think they realise that the majority of the time, they only have 0 or 1 star luck.

The amount of time you play under 0 and 1 luck greatly outweighs whatever boost you got from the short segments of 3 luck.

Of course, you could argue the 3 luck week against that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-08-27 11:43 ]</font>

I'll let you know when shitty 0 ever drops me anything. Sorry, but I have to see it to believe it.

haruna
Aug 27, 2007, 07:05 PM
When my friend Scrut(Cast F) has 1* luck, many many things drop. And these are JUST the items I was present for!

-Halarod(mine) & Sweet Death boards in the SAME RUN! We got rappies and they dropped jack diddle squat.
-Gur Bazga x 2. Once a few weeks after DTS2 came out. Another one a week or so ago.
-Shigga Desta. Apparently 3 have dropped on Scrut's 1*.

I almost believed the room decoration rumor the day I got my sonic. I put him on the red spot. With my newmna's 1* luck in ONE Fight for Food run, I got:
-[B]Crea DoublesMonomate
-Several Junaline
-Neptuline
-A bunch of Vestaline & Vulcaline
-2 Deljeban's Arms
-A Deljabner or Jagnus board...forget which.

Do runs because you're with friends and having a good time. I seem to find my shat when I have given up on ever finding a rare and just want to talk about random junk/life/tell bad jokes with friends.

NexGen
Aug 28, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-08-25 12:57, BanF wrote:
All rares I've ever found (about five of them) came on 0-luck. I've never gotten anything on 3-luck, not even grinding gone right.

SAME

I even synthed a 50% Double Crea Dagger with no luck. On my 442 bot (named Fred)...with level 0 striking.

I've never found Jaggos with 3* luck. Only with 2* and 0, mostly with 0 luck.

Best drop rates for me have been with no luck, hands down.

stukasa
Aug 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
On 2007-08-28 07:57, NexGen wrote:
I even synthed a 50% Double Crea Dagger with no luck. On my 442 bot (named Fred)...with level 0 striking.
Photon fortune doesn't affect synthing though, which means you got your 50% dagger with REAL luck (not photon fortune).. and in this game, that's the only kind of luck that matters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stukasa on 2007-08-28 08:59 ]</font>

NexGen
Aug 28, 2007, 11:03 AM
I think that was some real luck lol. 0% striking bot! GOOOO FRED.

Oh well, thanks for the info. I have no idea what luck actually does since...I can't tell!

stukasa
Aug 28, 2007, 11:21 AM
On 2007-08-28 09:03, NexGen wrote:
Oh well, thanks for the info. I have no idea what luck actually does since...I can't tell!

Photon fortune affects:
- grinding success rate
- chance of SOMETHING dropping in missions (more stuff drops on average but that doesn't mean it's more RARE stuff, just more stuff in general http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

...That's about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Photon fortune does not:
- increase rare item drop rate
- increase synthing success rate

Only real life luck will help you there! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

tailz
Aug 30, 2007, 04:32 PM

you can think im lying all you want, ur not the one who posted the topic asking... i know im not lying
just because you havent seen anything good drop on 0-1* days doesnt mean anything.. i havent seen anything good drop on 3* days, does that mean everyone who claims to find their good stuff on 3* days is lying to me?

also, it absolutely makes sense that more stuff is found on low luck days because you play on them a ton more than 3* days - however, at least in my personal experience, you can pick any random 0-1* day and focus on that alone n i guarantee i come off better than 3* day with the same amount of playing time

oh and by the way, i got another ragnus board 2 days ago with 1* luck and a vahra claw board this morning with 0... havent kept track of all the rare synths, i just know i have 3 stacks of kerseline, 3 stacks of vestaline, 2.5 vulcaline(made a bunch of phantoms, so i had at least 3), n a lil over a full stack of junaline out of 2 weeks soloing plains... oh ya 2 par ebon stacks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Broodstar1337
Aug 30, 2007, 11:21 PM
[b] roksari - 1 luck
Crea boards - 1 luck

Pretty much it. Luck really does nothing.

Shishi-O
Aug 31, 2007, 01:43 AM
On 2007-08-28 08:52, stukasa wrote:

On 2007-08-28 07:57, NexGen wrote:
Photon fortune doesn't affect synthing though, which means you got your 50% dagger with REAL luck (not photon fortune).. and in this game, that's the only kind of luck that matters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stukasa on 2007-08-28 08:59 ]</font>
bullshit, photon fortune for a fact effects synthing/ grinding.

I synth armors without fail in my striking pm on 3* day

As for doing runs...having rare after rare after rare you actually want drop from every 3rd enemy is fucking sweet and undeniably a 3* luck event.

This is not a noob speaking and this is not my opinion, since febuary I have been on at 6am and off at 12am PST

Photon fortune is a mofo

U people the find on non 3* day..by spamming the runs u increase the probability of the find.

Luck is determined by everything.

All characters, your total combined luck/ finds per day/ week, synthesis, synthesis per day/ at the same time.
It is an algorithym we will never figure out beyond photon fortune.

Unless we can get our hands oka developer...hmmmn.

Nightmarexlc
Aug 31, 2007, 02:51 PM
Well some of the loot me and my pals found...
Two-Headed Ragnus {B} http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif that was on a 3 luck day.

Delette line {B} 3 luck day
Te TECH/Charge (i think that was 1)
and Sori/force that was a 3 as well.

Thats about it.