PDA

View Full Version : help wanted...PSU's full script

DurakkenX
Aug 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
Anyone willing to help me get PSU's full script typed out?

I have chapter 1 and half of chapter 2 done...
I also have recordings for the rest of chapter 2, chapter 3, and part of chapter 4

The reason I'm asking for help is each hour of video takes like 4 hours to type up and considering some chapters take 2-4 hours sometimes, that's 8 to 16 hours per chapter and still 10.5 chapters to type up...

--
Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-08-25 14:18 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Aug 25, 2007, 02:59 PM
I'm already to chapter 8. I should be finished with the offline portion in a few weeks, and start work on the online portions. Online is much easier since you don't have as many situations in which you have to describe the action in order to make sense of the dialogue, so that should go fairly quickly.

Also, I haven't been adding in tutorial texts - such as the Shield Line Maniac or Photon Arts Guru. Unless it's pertient to the story or the background of the game, or comes from an NPC's mouth, I'm chalking that up to game mechanics tutorial and not dialouge - so no need to add it in the script.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-25 13:03 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Aug 25, 2007, 03:01 PM
By full script I mean everything, or close to every thing that is said. This includes all the NPCs... which is where the real meat of the story is.

Sinue_v2
Aug 25, 2007, 03:05 PM
Yes, all NPC's. Even menial shit like exploring the extra blocks in Chapter 3 Relics or Chapter 6: Captives of Moatoob.

Also, both Standard and Alternate episode previews.

Edit: To clarify, such as with the shield line Maniac - I have his dialouge down in the script, but not the tutorial. However I don't add it to each chapter since it's static and doesn't change.

Also, remember, that some NPC dialouge changes depending on which NPC you talk to first. Rol and Mr. Medoc are good examples of an NPC sidestory which has subtle dialouge changes depending on who you talk to first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-25 13:09 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Aug 25, 2007, 03:11 PM
Nice, so I can stop working on it so much and just keep it in my archives for stuff to look at...

and yeah most of the guide stuff is useless, but some of it does add like amazingly the warning for grinding does add a little info to the technology of PSU, but then like the 2 you mentioned are utterly worthless.

Sinue_v2
Aug 25, 2007, 03:22 PM
You can keep working on it if you want and then compare the two to see if either you or I missed anything. Once i get some time to edit them (bolding names, italicising scene descriptions, etc) I'll post them here. Since you're taking video, if you see anything that I missed then pop up a synopsis of the dialoug along with a screenshot so that it can be edited. Of if you just want to jump streight ahead to chapters 9-12 and make it a collab effort. *shrug*

One thing I am missing now though, is the first preview to Chapter 2. I didn't have Fraps when I started the project, and without subtitles I wasn't able to capture it. I downloaded Fraps and got the alternate Chapter II preview - but it won't let me view the original again unless I delete the save files. I would try to move them, but I'm not sure if it'll bug out on me - so rather than risk losing my progress thus far I figured I'd just wait until it was all finished, and then try it. So if you have that, it would be a great help.

Also, I haven't been adding in Party dialouge thus far. If it's something pertient to the story (such as Karen commenting on the De Ragan's hard skin), I'll add it - but things like just random battle lines I haven't. It's kind of hard fitting them in, since they aren't unique to that chapter's story. So rather, I was just going to compile them in a seperate document while on a second playthrough. This can get kind of tricky getting them all - such as one-off NPC's like Dr. Darren's comment when Ethan gets too far ahead. You have to first ditch him, and then hope the other NPC's aren't ditched and use their own dialouge.

And I also haven't been putting in all the different sayings certain NPC's use depending on your rank since I really don't want to play each mission through four times for four seperate ranks each.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 10:18 AM
I haven't gone all the way through on PC so I just run through it real quick... it only takes an hour, and I didn't get what they said nor do i have the recording any more.

Most of the party dialouge is not part of the story but some is

I also missed that extra spot in chapter 3...

I'll break up the videos and put the whole play through on youtube eventually ^.^ though it kinda sux cuz I look a bit confused in some areas, but hell it'll help anyone that hasn't ran through the entire story and doesn't want to...

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 04:59 PM
Actually I just went back and tried it... nope. I'll just have to erase my data on my PS2 and get it that way. luckily I have both versions ^.^

Mikaga
Aug 26, 2007, 05:30 PM
http://www.geocities.com/miraglyth/psu.txt

Caution: Not entirely clean.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 06:03 PM
That's the kind of thing I hate...it's incredibly incorrect in many places...Perhaps if people pay attention to the info given people would find the game more interesting v.v

Mewn
Aug 26, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-08-26 16:03, DurakkenX wrote:
That's the kind of thing I hate...it's incredibly incorrect in many places...Perhaps if people pay attention to the info given people would find the game more interesting v.v

Actually I found the story infinitely more interesting after reading Mikaga's summary.

AxelgearVII
Aug 26, 2007, 08:18 PM
I wanted a summary months ago. I'm not weaboo enough to read the online story in Japanese. ;L

F-Gattaca
Aug 26, 2007, 08:36 PM
Mikaga is no Camineet.net.

Durakken, are you including the comments made by NPCs when you do that? Seems like everyone you can talk to has a different set of responses with each new chapter. I spent a lot of time running around just seeing what everyone has to say.

Rizen
Aug 26, 2007, 08:41 PM
I am willing to help since I do spend most of my time offline. I am working on another project at the moment but I can most definitely help out in between putting in data.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 10:25 PM
Axelgear... I started this months ago...just been busy and didn't feel like doing this again till just now ^.^

F-Gattaca... The whole reason why I'm doing this is to get more info from the story which is mainly hidden by the NPCs...sooo yup all the NPCs or as many as possibly, which is what Sinue says he's doing so yeah... Also each NPC has 2-3 things to say most chapters. Most of what the NPCs say is just to liven things up, but there are several very informative NPCs on the G-Colony. There is the Nano Transformer guy, Machine/CAST guy, SEED scientist, Photon supporter, and possibly when you get access to Neudaiz there is someone that seems to talk a bit about the CoG, but I'm not sure yet...I will be posting these specifically soon along with a full list of Characters, thus far there is 60+ named.

Rizen... Since sinue is up to chapter 9 i wont have any video ready to be fully written out for another few days. I'm on chapter 6 I think, which ever one has moatoob being open. Also I didn't realize it and I ended up degrading the video I took so badly that it is nearly unreadable...luckily I figured out the problem, and recorded the last 2 or 3 chapters correctly. The main problem though and what is taking me so long is having to stop and convert the videos to a much more storage friendly format as Fraps, the way it's set up, get about 12minutes for 4GB of space and I only have about 45GB of space with my HDD that I'm recording on so yeah...

Sinue... did you get the TTB CAST clerk? The one on the left is a regular NPC rather than a static one. I missed that during my first run through and only happened to stumble across it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-08-26 20:26 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Aug 26, 2007, 10:38 PM
Of course I got her. I love watching her snap and get short with Ethan, and Ethan just eggs it on. He tends to accuse her of having ICS after he learns about it in Chapter 4. Also, the PPT Gate Attendant on Parum is tied to her, since they are the same model. It throws Ethan for a loop for a bit. So if you're wondering why he keeps saying that he thinks he knows that girl, that's why. It's not like they actually knew each other in the past.

Also, the way I have the un-named NPC's listed is similar to how you're doing it. Though of course I named mine a bit differently. Such Archaeologist, Astronomer, Mechanic, Reporter, Nano-Transformer Fanatic, Photon Fanatic, A-Photon Fanatic, etc. Though some of them don't have a base interest, or talk about a broad variety of subjects depending on the chapter - and them I just label by their race and prominant feature. Old Man, Beast male, Human Girl, Blue Caseal, etc. Usually there's enough differences between them in any given area that once you weed out the named NPCs, it's easy to tell who is who.

Also, some of the NPC's aren't named until later on... so you might have to do some backtracking. For instance in chapter 1, you run across Mr. Medoc, Rol, Kumil, Godes, Mr. Milzu, Sinenu, etc. They're not named yet, however, so you have to go back and fill in the blanks if you're not already familiar with their names. Some of them don't get names, such as the Scoundrel (what I call her) who is falsely collecting donations for the CoG. It'll probably be much easier for you if you're keeping the videos, but I had to write detailed descriptions for each NPC early on until I could get their names or a personality trait.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-26 20:49 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 11:18 PM
Those all appear in chapter 1? I didn't even notice...
I know there is one that isn't named till the end "the traveller"
I don't intend to include any unnamed NPCs in the list though because there isn't any real point in it ^.^

Also currently I have 66 names as of where I am, 4 characters never show up in PSU, Olson Waber, Pete, Mayton Pord, Endrum Harness, 2 of which are dead, 1 thought to be dead, and 1 is secretive... By the way I count Pete and PETE as characters...Pete is Ethan's pet for those who don't know...

Also I have them listed with who they are affiliated with a bit as well...

Sinue_v2
Aug 26, 2007, 11:38 PM
Well, I'm not making any sort of a list of NPC character synopsis. That probably won't be added until later, and will likely be added to my site - sort of like how the heroes and NPCs of the previous Phantasy Star games are. I'm just saying that when I discovered or learned the proper names of certain NPC's, I went back through chapters I had already written the script for and matched up the characters to the descriptions to properly identify them. So right from Chapter 1 you're going to see names of people in the Guardian Colony you won't officially have met properly until much later in the game.

Generally it's pretty easy to keep track of NPC's since they don't move around much. So you can generally bet that they're going to stay in the same place and can identify them by their location as well as their preference of conversation and unique physical characteristics. However, ocassionally you'll get one-off appearances by major NPCs in unique locations. For instance, Norphe and Kalam's appearance in the clothing shop on Parum in Chapter 3. And at other times NPC's end up missing, such as Mikua and Endy being absent from the Guardians Colony in chapter 6. Sometimes NPC's are absent until certain conditions are met - such as Jubetz not appearing in Chapter 2 until you've gotten your Guardian License updated - or the Male Beast character from the Central Table (Not Gapard, I mean the un-named one) in Chapter 6 who doesn't appear until after your run-in with Tonnio.

Also, when I was refering to un-named NPC's, I was talking about their place in the script. They're not important enough characters to make a special synopsis for.

Nai_Calus
Aug 27, 2007, 07:09 AM
Miraglyth's summary is about 9,000 times more awesome than the actual story mode. If for no other reason than the inclusion of 'MySpacing' as a verb. rofl