PDA

View Full Version : if the bosses had some sort of hp bar

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 25, 2007, 11:41 PM
...it would be nice if the bosses had some sort of hp bar so we could see how much hp they had left?
--
Mod edit:title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-08-26 07:48 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Aug 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
Not just bosses, all enemies. >.>

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 25, 2007, 11:49 PM
Well, Yeah all enemies would be nice, but i wouldn't mind if it was just bosses, because i ahte not knowing if its nearly dead or not.

BanF
Aug 25, 2007, 11:52 PM
I like it fine as it is, with the minimal onscreen info.

A2K
Aug 26, 2007, 08:42 AM
I always thought it'd be neat if something like this were a secondary function of the goggles.

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 08:51 AM
If they do this, JUST bosses.

I'm playing in standard definition and I don't want my screen cluttered T_T

I'd like the UI the same size as it is in widescreen as well, plox. Much smaller and anti-aliased.

ArmitageQc
Aug 26, 2007, 09:16 AM
at least if there could hav a on>off to set HP bar onto enemi or boss only

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 09:19 AM
Or, seeing as the aiming reticule serves no purpose in this game like it did in PSO (the color being what button to press to attack an enemy of that range) they could have the lock on cursor be Green for 66%+ health, Yellow for 33%+ health, and Red for 33% and under health. That'd be nice and unintrusive.

omegapirate2k
Aug 26, 2007, 09:32 AM
On 2007-08-26 06:42, A2K wrote:
I always thought it'd be neat if something like this were a secondary function of the goggles.

HEL YEH

BanF
Aug 26, 2007, 09:47 AM
On 2007-08-26 07:19, Esufer wrote:
Or, seeing as the aiming reticule serves no purpose in this game like it did in PSO (the color being what button to press to attack an enemy of that range) they could have the lock on cursor be Green for 66%+ health, Yellow for 33%+ health, and Red for 33% and under health. That'd be nice and unintrusive.

The reticle, like in PSO, tells you when the enemy is in range. It's still a good idea to have it color coded, though.

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
Oh no, I know it does that, I just mean there's no reason having it any particular color like in PSO.

Where as I could press B to Gizonde something if it came up red, if it was in rage of my Gizonde but not my normal attack.

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 26, 2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah the targeting color is another good idea, Never thought of that one, But yeah also and on or off hp bar would be nice too.

Rashiid
Aug 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
yeah it helps in Final fantasy 12 BIG TIME. so u know not to use a cosmo; then tha boss drops instantly

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 26, 2007, 10:29 AM
I don't think it'd be too hard to add a HP bar up where their name/element/buff/king symbols go

THE JACKEL

Zer0_ConvoY
Aug 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
On 2007-08-26 07:47, BanF wrote:

The reticle, like in PSO, tells you when the enemy is in range. It's still a good idea to have it color coded, though.

actually, for melee weps its blue when its out of range, red when in ramge, although a secondary ring could help, or the monster you are targeting message in the corner could include a healthbar, adding minimal visual nusance

pikachief
Aug 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
they need an extra slot unit that tells u the enemies health! like the enemies info looks like this

[(electric) Vahra lvl 15 203/469 HP]

Deivii_
Aug 26, 2007, 10:51 AM
This would be great, and I'm all for it! It would be cool if you can save up PA Fragments then buy this life bar thing. In Kingdom Hearts II you can equip this skill called "Scan" and it shows you your enemies health.

Davot
Aug 26, 2007, 11:03 AM
it would make fighting deragnus more depressing

Miyuki-chan
Aug 26, 2007, 11:49 AM
It would make trying to solo De Ragan with a level 5 force equipped with nothing but Foi and a 1* wand a depressing feat...

HaydenX
Aug 26, 2007, 12:08 PM
Imagine how depressed a GT will be...everywhere.

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
Mmmm, s2 tengohgs. T_______T

D1ABOLIK
Aug 26, 2007, 12:29 PM

Pure genius i tell you.I second this.

________
Back &Amp; Spinal Problems Advice (http://www.health-forums.org/back-spinal-problems/)

Dark_Heal_v2
Aug 26, 2007, 12:58 PM

I second this.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 01:11 PM
Actually as far as I know all Bosses have animations that they go through when they get like 5-10% HP

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2007, 01:15 PM
It's rather annoying using the next part of my PA when my target is already dead. So yes, I'll have to agree.

Wallin
Aug 26, 2007, 01:18 PM
I think that's a good idea. It could be something you can toggle with a press of the button, the same as player names/IDs.

ashley50
Aug 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
NO...it'll suck if they had HP bars.

KTani
Aug 26, 2007, 03:05 PM
I always wished bosses had an HP bar. I have found though that NPCs can help. Tonnio for instance says "Too easy!" when the enemy he's targeting is low on HP, even when the enemy is a much higher level than he is. Of course he'll always say that on low difficulties, but it's come in handy for me when soloing S2 missions. He'll target a level 100 enemy and start out saying "This is gonna be nasty", then switch to "Too easy!" shortly before it goes down.

Wallin
Aug 26, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-08-26 11:44, ashley50 wrote:

.......because...?

ashley50
Aug 26, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-08-26 13:16, Wallin wrote:

.......because...?

that way you'll never know when they'll die

Siertes
Aug 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
I would love some kind of HP indicator. Nothing sucks more for me as a gunner when using up one of my G traps and the enemy dies too soon after I detonate it. Hate wasting traps on near death baddies.

Wallin
Aug 26, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-08-26 13:20, ashley50 wrote:

On 2007-08-26 13:16, Wallin wrote:

.......because...?

that way you'll never know when they'll die

It's not like you can't guess it anyway since we know the total HP of monsters to begin with from experience and the quest database, and it's not a surprise when they do die. If we were fighting them for the first time then I could understand it, but why is it necessary to not know when they die when you've already killed them a thousand times looking for rares?

Niloklives
Aug 26, 2007, 03:53 PM
I like the scan idea

Chuck_Norris
Aug 26, 2007, 08:05 PM
I like the idea of this, Maybe sega could makea unit that does it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
I think this would be stupid.

Not only would it clutter the screen needlessly, it would also add to the OMFG POWAH GAMINGZ atmosphere that already shouldn't exist. Things die when they die, it's silly to worry about how quickly they die (unless it takes you 10 minutes to kill a spawn).

But yeah, maybe as a boss-only thing with goggles, that would be fine.

Siertes
Aug 26, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-08-26 18:44, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Not only would it clutter the screen needlessly, it would also add to the OMFG POWAH GAMINGZ atmosphere that already shouldn't exist. Things die when they die, it's silly to worry about how quickly they die (unless it takes you 10 minutes to kill a spawn).

It wouldn't say it's silly. If anything it'll make this game easier than it already is. Knowing how close an enemy is to death would lead to more efficient use of PAs and items.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 26, 2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, but the game is already laughably easy. The only thing that even remotely resembles difficulty is cheap attacks that randomly kill you.

Besides, the AoI changes might make PP-efficiency a non-issue.

EDIT: You know, I thought about the boss-goggling thing again, and even that would be kind of stupid.

Player 1: HAY PLAYER 2, WHAT'S THE GOGGLES SAY ABOUT DE RAGAN'S HP LEVEL???

I'm sure you can fill in the rest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-08-26 21:54 ]</font>

Reipard
Aug 27, 2007, 01:14 AM

It's a freaking life bar, it won't change anything at all. It especially won't add an OMG POWAH GAMAHS!!1 atmosphere like you say. That's a silly excuse.

Regardless.

I know! Options! Toggle! On/Off! Everyone is pleased! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 27, 2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah, but expecting Sega to not only add a feature, but also the ability to turn it on/off at will...that's a bit much.

But yeah, just a silly idea, entirely unnecessary.

Dragwind
Aug 27, 2007, 04:36 AM
It would be great, especially for knowing not when to waste lets say, a ton of PP on an attack when its at around 200 hp left =

landman
Aug 27, 2007, 06:57 AM
I don't see the point too, they have special animations when they are about to die

biggabertha
Aug 27, 2007, 10:04 AM
Putting this on the Adahna Deghana would be so funny when somone with a high dark Spear is going nuts with Dus Daggas while locked behind him. It'd be like watching the boss have some kind of virus or poison.

I like the goggles idea but rather than a definite number, just a bar with the HP indicated on it by volume. That way, you don't know exactly how much HP they have but you have a general idea. This would be great for knowing when to give up and when to carry on. Such as if your party of six have been fighting a boss for twenty solid minutes, one of you checks the boss' HP and goes:

WTF?! He's still
got over 3/4 of
his life left?!

Now that'd be one hell of a good boss if you were consitently dealing lots of damage to it. But that's off topic and boring for the majority of players.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 27, 2007, 10:32 AM
There is no need for it honestly, and it would be stupid too. If you know how HP an enemy has, multiply an Infection tick by 20.

9lotus
Aug 27, 2007, 11:05 AM
i think it'd be good, it would make this game feel more action game-ish

chibiLegolas
Aug 27, 2007, 11:09 AM

Agree. And needs to be earned some how (through special event perhaps?). Or a special feature tied to a support type class.

But other than that, I don't agree it should be a feature that you should start off with. Sounds too cheesy to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-08-27 09:12 ]</font>

60Hz
Aug 27, 2007, 11:28 AM
Bosses usually change their behaviors when they are about to die... i kind of like it that way... yeah its little more arcane but what in this game isnt???

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 27, 2007, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't mind having a simple life bar in the enemy name/buff/king bar thing like some other poster said. If it had to be scanned by goggles, they'd actually useful for something that aint stupid (come on, INVISIBLE traps? Breakable things that need to be scanned to be broken even though it requires only three hits of anything? Stupid. You can't even see the fucking goggles and you can't use your own set to see someone else's! But I digress.). Not to mention that knowing the enemy HP could possibly open up some more strategic fighting. Like, certain people in a group would take appropriate actions for enemies with certain HP levels. Plus, it'd help to reduce the sheer annoyance of some mobs that take too damn long to die. But, I'd rather see actual signs of weakness than HP bars.

Bosses, well I would much rather they have something to indicate when they're near death. Sometimes ragan and ragnus don't to that near-death animation, which in all honesty just makes them wise open for a few more attacks that'll kill it. I wanna see something more creative like battle damage, alterations to certain animations (limping instead of walking, for instance). But in the absence of anything cool, I would settle for a simple life bar if it doesn't clutter the screen. I rather hate taking forever on Adahna in a small group and not knowing how much freaking longer it'll take.

Reipard
Aug 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah, but expecting Sega to not only add a feature, but also the ability to turn it on/off at will...that's a bit much.

But yeah, just a silly idea, entirely unnecessary.

Why not? It's their game. It's not like everything in PSU at this time is totally set in stone.

Then leave yours off.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 28, 2007, 01:29 AM
It should be used with the goggles,and only protransers should be able to do it.

________
MARIJUANA HEMP (http://marijuanahemp.com)

lostinseganet
Aug 28, 2007, 06:15 AM
No you just gotta keep fighting. Make every hit count. Keep all you teammates motivated. Till you win. Battle damage would be cool though