PDA

View Full Version : PSU has more planets?

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 07:40 AM
Several points in the story mode makes references that seems to indicate that the Gurhal System Civilization is only the home system, but that there are other colonies out there...

The guardian motto, the opening, and even the fact that it says the SEED threatens the universe seems to imply that there are a number of other planets, colonies, or something out there beyond what we know.

The strange thing is most everything else suggests that there is no other system or anything like that.

Given that AoI opens a new planet up...do you think that there are more planets in the game they will open up or after they add the ragol stuff there won't be any more "planets"

ArmitageQc
Aug 26, 2007, 08:09 AM
i eard that PSU is completed only at 30% so after the next expension we will for sure have new planet

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 08:53 AM
Like I've said before.

It's Phantasy Star Universe, not Phantasy Star Solar System.

If they can make a colony that people can live on easily and support vast amounts of life, then the chances are they can travel a fair ol' way into space.

Midknight
Aug 26, 2007, 08:59 AM
Wow, another planet? That's so cool. We can even move our room to the other new planet(s)!

omegapirate2k
Aug 26, 2007, 09:05 AM
On 2007-08-26 06:53, Esufer wrote:
Like I've said before.

It's Phantasy Star Universe, not Phantasy Star Solar System.

If they can make a colony that people can live on easily and support vast amounts of life, then the chances are they can travel a fair ol' way into space.

And if our characters can get fried and end up in a forest (in the middle of an obscure nebula, no less), then anything is possible.

XD

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 09:15 AM
lolz i hope we get cybertron!!!!11!

Ahem.

Didn't I read something somewhere about being able to travel to other colonies from the spaceport?

Maybe we'll get an opportunity to go to another colony before the G-colony get's pwned.

Sinue_v2
Aug 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
Why not a fourth planet? Algol had four planets. The tricky question being, how to impliment it without having the Gurhalian people know about it. As for Phantasy Star Universe - some would say that might be a reflection of a possible link between all the different series. So that by the end of PSU we're locked in a struggle (or at least set up for a fourth series) which ties Ragol, Gurhal, and Algol all together.

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
Wasn't there a planet that got close to Algol every 1000 years or something? What if that planet also got close to Gurhal on it's presumably elliptical orbit? ooooh.

CelestialBlade
Aug 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
Rykros - Gurhal edition.

There we can all learn the REAL Megid, not the pussy little ball-of-sometimes-death version.

That and Re-faze can kick all your asses.

HaydenX
Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM
On 2007-08-26 08:46, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Why not a fourth planet? Algol had four planets. The tricky question being, how to impliment it without having the Gurhalian people know about it. As for Phantasy Star Universe - some would say that might be a reflection of a possible link between all the different series. So that by the end of PSU we're locked in a struggle (or at least set up for a fourth series) which ties Ragol, Gurhal, and Algol all together.

The same struggle is being fought in all of the different systems. The battle between the holy light and the profound darkness. The traditional storyline told of Algol, could easily make its way into PSU. They have the same damn planets! Who's to say, maybe algol is gurhal and rykros's orbit will be nearing in time for the people to be warned of the profound darkness's seal weakening. One of the Magashi clones could be the re-incarnation of the profound darkness. This would be an interesting twist.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 01:01 PM
HaydenX: There are only 2 ways that Gurhal is Algol.
#1 Gurhal is simply Algol in the extreme past and the SEED win again, remember this is the second attack by SEEDs on this System that we know of.

#2 Gurhal is an alternate reality of sorts that was created by the time traveling in the earlier series which is highly unlikely, but possible.

In other words Gurhal can not be the "future" Algol, in can only be either the one that we already saw or one in the past. And the story does allow for it being an extreme past, but I would hope it's not because so far every series has been pretty dark, but always ended pretty happily ever after and it would seem a bit odd that the series that imply a very sinister outcome through their names would have happy or neutral endings while Gurhal which has a name of light and hope would be the a "bad" ending.

Also for those that don't know there is a single reference to Earth Humans as a comparitive to Gurhalian Humans...other than that no other mention...

Zoamel_Gustav
Aug 26, 2007, 01:39 PM
I think "Universe" refers to "Parallel Universe".

Like Uni 1, Uni 2, etc. Same world, different universes. Maybe another story element to explain game elements.

MSAksion
Aug 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
how about a DARK Planet. I got this idea from that 90's american version of GUNDAM called - EXOSQUAD.

In exosquad it was revealed that Charon the moon of Pluto is made up of DARK MATTER. Dark matter absorbs light so that its very hard to detect - that's how the pirates get their cloaking technology and just sneak up on the exo-fleet and the neo-saipians.

Okay so a planet made of DARK MATTER or ANTI-matter for you trekkies could be semi-invisible because light is absorbed into it or reflected away from.

Also give it a HUGE orbit around the sun like Pluto which we didn't even find till only 50 years ago(?) Like it would take a guardian fleet a month to reach or something that a Gflyer cannot.

This can be the origin of the SEED - their home world that births the seed pods and shoots them into all directions of space ^_^

An invisible planet until you get up close is one way to just magically have a planet appear in a system of only 3 planets with interstellar space travel and satellite scanners.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
#1. Dark matter and Anti-matter are not the same thing. Dark matter is matter that we think must be there but we don't know whether it's real, whether there are several types of matter, or what, but the equations say that there must be more matter out there and that is what dark matter is...Anti-Matter is like positive and negative charges of electricity, just with matter. We know this exists, can create it and it's very dangerous and is destroyed very quickly by regular matter.

#2. Charon is not a moon of Pluto and is only said that way to not confuse people. A moon orbits an object. Charon does not orbit Pluto; They orbit a central axis.

#3. By other planets I mean other star systems, not other planets in the Solar System. Given their technology and such they would have already fully explored their own system thuroughly so that likely hood is very improbable. Remember they have built a network of tracks throughout their system that would take a lot of resources, which could be why other planets no longer exist in their system.

ThEoRy
Aug 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-08-26 12:05, DurakkenX wrote:
#1. Dark matter and Anti-matter are not the same thing. Dark matter is matter that we think must be there but we don't know whether it's real, whether there are several types of matter, or what, but the equations say that there must be more matter out there and that is what dark matter is...Anti-Matter is like positive and negative charges of electricity, just with matter. We know this exists, can create it and it's very dangerous and is destroyed very quickly by regular matter.

#2. Charon is not a moon of Pluto and is only said that way to not confuse people. A moon orbits an object. Charon does not orbit Pluto; They orbit a central axis.

#3. By other planets I mean other star systems, not other planets in the Solar System. Given their technology and such they would have already fully explored their own system thuroughly so that likely hood is very improbable. Remember they have built a network of tracks throughout their system that would take a lot of resources, which could be why other planets no longer exist in their system.

Once again your infinite wisdom surpasses that of all known sentient beings. Or...not. MSAksion was talking about a video game plot line ya jackass. In fact this whole topic that you created is about a video game plot line. I hardly think real world scientific explanations apply here oh great and powerful one.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 04:15 PM
Octagon, even within all the various sci-fi universes he is wrong. There could be one that I don't know of that accidentally confuses the two, but that would be, like, one in a million. What he was doing, which since you fail at reading so you don't understand and won't understand this, is comparing 2 different things saying they are the same, or equal. Which they are not in any way. I made no comment saying that the way the writers of the anime he is talking about used dark matter, even though it is wrong, because it's their choice to call it that. It has no bearing on anything whatsoever. When you move to point 2, it has nothing to do but correcting something for the hell of it and also has no bearing, but then if you continue on to point 3 I state what I meant and why his idea was improbable, but you just chose to talk without using your brain again.

Let's point out a few things more though specifically about your post.
#1. It's an amercanized anime, not a game.
#2. It's not about a plot line, but about the game world and/or the things suggested by errors in translation or scripting.
#3. Simply stating "they are not the same" is not good and it is better to explain why, so an explanation, is good to have stated, not applied. Further more it's not scientific, but rather layman knowledge. This info is, or rather should be, general knowledge since it is said on TV at least 200 times a month.

P.S. please stop trolling my topics. It's obvious you do not think or read much when replying and choose to insult what when you can not understand what is being said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-08-26 14:17 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Aug 26, 2007, 05:06 PM
blah blah blah we're talkin bout fictional material here regardless of its medium. And if you read his post he said "anti matter for all you trekkies out there" star trek. another fictional source material. You can go and jack off to high heaven on all this self pontification in order to make yourself feel smarter than you actually are if you wish. But the fact remains 75% of your topics are useless bullshit spam. If every time I see one of your useless topics and post a useless response now you know why. As long as you keep spammin these boards with stupid shit like the last 4 out of 5 topics you created I'll keep entering said topics and posting whatever the fuck I feel is funny/sarcastic/off topic or whatever the fuck else I feel like at the time. Especially if you try to come down on people with your vast and insurmountable knowledge. And since it seems that it is you who lack the reading comprehension skills needed in order to understand a point. let me put my previous post into terms a monkey like yourself can understand. You focus too much on nitpicking the minute details of everyones post, entirely missing the essence of what they're actually saying. What I was saying is that this is all fictional material were talking about here. If Futurama wants to use dark matter in order to fuel the ship and star trek wants to use anti matter for the same purposes, who the fuck are you to tell anyone that they cant do something or what's improbable in the various worlds of fiction? If I wanna create a fictional world that has reactors in which dark and anti matter can both be converted into super anti dark matter than so be it!

P.S. What is it about your life that compels you to point out everyone's faults so eagerly? Where is it that you failed miserably in your adult life? What hopes and dreams have you lost in order to make you in to such a bitter and petty being? Or maybe you just feel like nothing you ever did was good enough to please your father? This seems to be the case with people who constantly come down on others over the most minute inconsequential details.