PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Killer Shot and Twin mayalee

filipenoguy
Aug 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
I really just want to know if leveling these to PA's is really worth it in the end. I like Killer shot so far ( level 16 ) and Twin Mayalee is a good helping hand to any team based mission.

Im just unsure with the cost per shot if in the end either of these will help out in any way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: filipenoguy on 2007-08-26 22:18 ]</font>

Deja
Aug 27, 2007, 12:20 AM
Get Falgohohs or Brahohs and grind them to 4-6. Their PP will be huge enough (lol innuendo) to handle Killer Shot. Killer Shot is godly for robot missions.

Twin Mayalee is good if you like to be supportive, and your team is lacking in fTs. Hell, 80% of fTs don't debuff, so the PA is fine and dandy.

filipenoguy
Aug 27, 2007, 12:22 AM
I am doing exactly that with my Killer Shot right now, its just taking so long to get to level 21, been using it for almost a week now

burninglink5
Aug 27, 2007, 08:27 AM
For killer shot, go grind raihocs, falgohohs, and riflics. Then go and grind grove S2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kuya
Aug 27, 2007, 08:51 AM
Unless you make your own raihocs and riflics, they're not worth the cost you'll be paying for them. Besides, you want to go for a larger PP bank rather than ATP.
Both those kubara guns are meh-ish at best. Besides, I'd much rather break brahohs and even falgohohs on grinds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrith
Aug 27, 2007, 09:29 AM
I have Killer shot at Lv28 and Twin Mayalee at Lv30, I must say Twin Mayalee barely helps, but Killer shot is awesome in missions with Lv100+ monsters, and not just in robot missions, learn which monsters have low STA ;o

amtalx
Aug 27, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-08-26 22:22, filipenoguy wrote:
I am doing exactly that with my Killer Shot right now, its just taking so long to get to level 21, been using it for almost a week now

I have my KS at 30 and let me tell you...it's a long and painful road. It's worth it to get it to 21 though, I just don't like anything that isn't a 30. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I would go to VoC S2 and grind it on the Vanda Merhas. Killer Shot won't work on them, and there is a charger at the beginning of Block 2. With their damage resistance coupled with the low damage output of KS, you can really spend a lot of time there. Virus the Kog Nads to get them out of the way, then go back to the Vandas. Also, remember to use C/B Ranks, A ranks will cost you a fortune.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 27, 2007, 10:14 AM
KS is useful at any lv. Get TM to lv21 for the lv3 Zalure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-27 08:15 ]</font>

Neith
Aug 27, 2007, 11:01 AM
I was sololing Grove S with a Lv50 fG earlier, with a Lv3 Killer Shot that I'd only just bought. Even with SE2 it downs bots incredibly fast. Just make sure to pack plenty of low-rank rifles (I use a +10 Falgohoh and several +5s- which I'm considering replacing with Brahohs for the recharge cost).

Twin Mayalee is kinda situational (much like Killer Shot), but is a very useful PA when there's no FO/one that doesn't know what Zalure is.

Killer Shot is great though, I can powerlevel in Hakura S with a Lv50 with the speed I one-hit the robots.

Alamar
Aug 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
got mine to level 22 right now. My cast alt is level 57 and he drops bots like nothing. also found out that Badira and navels and other small things like that drop fast too. I used 6 Falgahohs(spelling) to level mine. took me 2 weeks to get it this far.

landman
Aug 27, 2007, 01:14 PM
I have trained my killer shot for two days and I have it at lvl 14, I'm using 1* neudaiz rifles (42 of them) but I was thinking for "real combat" to use falgohog not only for the PP but for the ATA too, with Raihoh I make too much 0...

bloodflowers
Aug 27, 2007, 01:33 PM
I found Killer Shot was more useful under level 11 - past there it's just more expensive for absolutely no gain. Try it, go to a room full of robots (note: SE1 works on all robots that KS has a chance of killing), take one person with KS 21+ and one with KS under 11. There's hardly any difference in performance.

Gen2000
Aug 27, 2007, 01:44 PM
I like Twin Mayalee because it lets you do as much damage as possible w/o any assistance with the Agatride/Shifta + Zalure 3 combo, not all FOs seem to like debuffing the mini bosses still so whipping out TM is quicker than shouting at them to do so. It's not a PA I mainly used so I just stick it on a some Twins that look cool like the Kubara versions of the Tenora Twins.

Killer Shot is like mandatory though if you want to be a good Gunner though and it lets you powerlevel VERY easily if you spam Grove.

Killer Shot would add more change to your Gunner game than Twin Mayalee but if you had the extra space it doesn't hurt to throw TM into your PA mix as well.

amtalx
Aug 27, 2007, 02:04 PM
On 2007-08-27 11:33, bloodflowers wrote:
I found Killer Shot was more useful under level 11 - past there it's just more expensive for absolutely no gain. Try it, go to a room full of robots (note: SE1 works on all robots that KS has a chance of killing), take one person with KS 21+ and one with KS under 11. There's hardly any difference in performance.

My experience has been the exact opposite. I did a majority of my leveling in Overlord S2 so I could also look for a Cati / Power. When I began, 18 Rifles wouldnt get me past Block 1. After 21, I could get through Block 1 with an average of about 10 unused Rifles (all Saiyuhoh (5)).

Neith
Aug 27, 2007, 02:20 PM
Since my KS is only a low level, I was wondering- is it worth using really against things that aren't robots, or small monsters. Even things like Vahras- can it drop those easily enough at higher level?

amtalx
Aug 27, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-08-27 12:20, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Since my KS is only a low level, I was wondering- is it worth using really against things that aren't robots, or small monsters. Even things like Vahras- can it drop those easily enough at higher level?

I would recommend against it. Varhas have 20 STA which is in the meaty party of the curve where you should start looking for DPS. However if you are in a party of 6 KSers...byebye Varha, or anything else for that matter.

Gen2000
Aug 27, 2007, 02:31 PM
Just look at this chart: http://psu.amesani.org/stuff/enemy/properties.php

Anything with STA of 16 or lower is fair game for Killer Shot but it's up to you if you want to spam it since unlike the robots, usually every other enemy dies within 6-7 shots of proper element bullet anyways and that's much more relaxing on the PP. Gunners spam KS on robots because it's faster than trying to kill them with direct damage. I mean is it really worth wasting so much PP on a Polty y'know? (though it looks cool one-shotting them if you get it on the first hit)

STA 14 is the magical number that the robots have that lets them fall so easily so how effective you think you are at using KS3 on them will get the same results on other monsters of equal STA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-08-27 12:32 ]</font>

Kuya
Aug 27, 2007, 02:32 PM
fG's have the advantage of dealing damage with SE3/4 (via xbow or rifles) when you get to higher STA enemies. It's a lot easier (and less costly) to stick burn or infect on higher STA mobs....Then...run away! lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RegulusHikari
Aug 27, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-08-27 12:31, Gen2000 wrote:

Anything with STA of 16 or lower is fair game for Killer Shot but it's up to you if you want to spam it since unlike the robots, usually every other enemy dies within 6-7 shots of proper element bullet anyways and that's much more relaxing on the PP. Gunners spam KS on robots because it's faster than trying to kill them with direct damage. I mean is it really worth wasting so much PP on a Polty y'know? (though it looks cool one-shotting them if you get it on the first hit)

STA 14 is the magical number that the robots have that lets them fall so easily so how effective you think you are at using KS3 on them will get the same results on other monsters of equal STA.

Just like to mention it usually takes a lot more than 6-7 rifle shots to down ANY monster above level 50.

Anyone with a low level KS NEEDS to spam it on everything they see. Stop worrying about effectiveness, go blow up some Falgohohs (I got 17 to +5 with 2 failures), and level that bullet up. Mine is 20 with about 70% to 21. Endrum runs have gotten me a LOT of 11-20 Lvl range EXP.

Sharkyland
Aug 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
My killer shot's so-so... I like twin mayalee a lot though I'm usually just bringing extra twin pistols to do them though. (I really hate debuffing as a FT, takes me what... an average of 2-3 debuffs to finally TAG it.)

Gen2000
Aug 28, 2007, 02:28 AM
On 2007-08-27 14:28, RegulusHikari wrote:

On 2007-08-27 12:31, Gen2000 wrote:

Just like to mention it usually takes a lot more than 6-7 rifle shots to down ANY monster above level 50.

I wasn't talking about Rifle Shots.

Edit: I guess the way its word makes it seem so but I was talking about proper element bullets of better damaging weapons (i.e. Xbow, Shotgun, etc).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-08-28 00:29 ]</font>

Tetsaru
Aug 28, 2007, 04:18 AM
As a Fortegunner, I have both Killer Shot and Twin Mayalee, and I think they're both alright, thought I haven't quite maxed them yet.

Killer Shot is a MUST-HAVE in missions with lots of robot enemies, such as Grove of Fanatics... but that's about it. =/ Like all the ultimate gun PA's so far, the PP cost just gets more absurd as you level it (one of the many reasons why I got rid of Boma Maga, lol). I never messed with using the Yohmei rifles for more PP though; I just go in with a pallet of 5 or 6 grinded Phantoms and buy more charges as necessary. I guess I find it more of a hassle to keep weaker guns in your inventory for just a few more shots at best... inventory space that you could use for loot instead! =P

Twin Mayalee is decent for support, as its Zalure effect works as long as you hit the enemy, although the damage increase isn't very significant. I also used this PA back when I didn't have all of the basic Twin Handgun PA's, and needed something to use on a particular enemy that I didn't have the opposite element to use on.

Overall, the ultimate gun PA's are good for certain situational instances, but having the PA's for each element (especially for your rifles) tends to work best for general use (at least, for me anyway), unless you're trying to conserve PA spaces.

Skids
Aug 28, 2007, 10:44 AM
I have twin mayalee on my fighgunner and i found it great at times. Espically for soloing and for team runs without techers. I have it at level 20(LV23 actually) but its cap at 20 on figunner. Its great to have on the big enemies and the sub bosses since it effects them all. Plus save ya meseta in the long run if you don't want to use traps on the big guys.

majan
Aug 28, 2007, 11:49 AM
well heres my input...

I use twin mayalee and have it to lv 20.it does 15-30ish less damage than a level 20 ice bullet,even after the zalure is in effect.so,for soloing,youre better off iwth normal twin bullets,unless you want to tag the monsters to zalure them first,then attack with melee or other guns.in a party though,twin mayalee is better by far because since you are zaluring the enemies everybody around you is automatically getting a boost in their damage as well,unless of course you have a fortetecher in the party that is using normal zalure.then it defeats the purpose of you using it.so all in alll,as a one-size-fit-all thing,twin mayalee is cool cus you dont have to switch your twin pistols every mission,and it does do pretty good damage,but slightly less than the elemental counterparts.as for PP cost,it kinda sucks.its rather high and it doesnt get any lighter while using a hard power charge or giga/skill for all the fighgunners out there.but thats nothing carrying a couple of extra twin pistols cant solve.
worth 65 frags?the decision is yours,but Id say its worth a shot.it depends on how you play.do you play with big parties?or do you solo a lot?also,what sort of character are we talking about?guntecher?fortegunner?fighgunner?

killer shot...I cant really testify fully becuase I dont use it,but my buddy does and its fabulous against machines and the like.it sure sucks leveling it up,but its doable while hunting for s ranks.(if you are 70+) go to plains overlord S2 with a palette full of 2-3 star yohmei rifles and sit in the safe spots throughout the map and pop off on the vahras while leveling up killer.it does go painfully slow,but the hope of finding a ragnus kinda compensates...a little.hell,it beats running linear line over and over.but yea,killer shot is really useful.it makes what is a major pain in the ass for rangers suddenly very doable.worth 99 frags?yes.try it out.