PDA

View Full Version : what new technics would you like to see?

DurakkenX
Aug 27, 2007, 01:55 PM
The fact is that with the current list of technics just about every thing has been covered...but what new technics would you like to see?

2 I'd like would be...
Float and then they could make a bunch of cool levels where the floor is out in some areas that you could use it to get past it...

Regen where it slowly heals your HP over time... it's always been a good one, why not add it to the arsenal.

--
Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-08-27 14:28 ]</font>

HFlowen
Aug 27, 2007, 01:57 PM
Giresta has Regen.

Zorafim
Aug 27, 2007, 02:18 PM
On 2007-08-27 11:55, DurakkenX wrote:
2 I'd like would be...
Float and then they could make a bunch of cool levels where the floor is out in some areas that you could use it to get past it...

Techers, especially fortetecher, have exclusive access to near-free healing and stat boosting, as well as instant elemental advantage to any enemy they meet assuming spells are leveled. Considering this, they'll also be the only class type that can complete certain stages, for no reason.
Give hunters the ability to heal and buff without item usage, and I'll consider it fair.

Tigerram
Aug 27, 2007, 02:25 PM
Well, currently in the game I want Dizas and Rentis, hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But as far as brand new spells that aren't in the game, hmmm...I'd go with the Air/Wind element, and counter with a Water element.

HaydenX
Aug 27, 2007, 02:26 PM
Mayalee Hit (fortefighter usable, heals).

How about that spell used by the creatures in that all light relics place?

Better yet, how about a neutral technique (that'd be a new one), that does very little damage, but causes EXTREME knockback. It could cost like 80 per use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HaydenX on 2007-08-27 12:26 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
How about a tech that slows the creature's movement for a short period of time? Could have the same casting animation and radius as debuffs, but the affected creatures would move as if they were underwater.

Powder Keg
Aug 27, 2007, 03:12 PM
Where are my wind techs!?!

Sydz
Aug 27, 2007, 03:14 PM
On 2007-08-27 12:33, JAFO22000 wrote:
How about a tech that slows the creature's movement for a short period of time? Could have the same casting animation and radius as debuffs, but the affected creatures would move as if they were underwater.

Oh god lol, I don't need PSU to be any more like Radiata Stories. I already keep trying to kick my room deco's for no reason.

Esufer
Aug 27, 2007, 03:16 PM
SUMMONS PLOX

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-08-27 13:14, Sydz wrote:

Oh god lol, I don't need PSU to be any more like Radiata Stories. I already keep trying to kick my room deco's for no reason.

You lost me after the word "like" in the above. I assume this was a spell in some other game?

Also, what the hell is "plox"????

Sydz
Aug 27, 2007, 03:24 PM
Status effect in Radiata, Makes the Affected monster, or party member move in the way you described.
Basic Movement, and to some extent combat are very similar between the two games. But when you arent in battle, for example running around town, The X button acts as a kick button. You can kick anything, signs, walls, garbage, beds, even other people(it makes them mad and eventualy they will fight you though). So, Because of the similar controlls, I keep trying to kick stuff.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 27, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-08-27 12:26, HaydenX wrote:
Mayalee Hit (fortefighter usable, heals).

Uh... what?

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
The Mayalee Hit ultimate pistol art heals a bit of your life with each successful shot. I'm not sure how much it heals, or what it is worth, for that matter...

Kylie
Aug 27, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-08-27 13:24, Sydz wrote:
Status effect in Radiata, Makes the Affected monster, or party member move in the way you described.
Basic Movement, and to some extent combat are very similar between the two games. But when you arent in battle, for example running around town, The X button acts as a kick button. You can kick anything, signs, walls, garbage, beds, even other people(it makes them mad and eventualy they will fight you though). So, Because of the similar controlls, I keep trying to kick stuff.

I was thinking something like that too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It would be so cool to have something that made you like a puppet master or whatever like that.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 27, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-08-27 13:32, JAFO22000 wrote:
The Mayalee Hit ultimate pistol art heals a bit of your life with each successful shot. I'm not sure how much it heals, or what it is worth, for that matter...

Yes, but isn't this a thread for skills you wish were in the game but aren't released yet? It's uh, already in the game.

chibiLegolas
Aug 27, 2007, 03:51 PM
Ryuker! I need my telepipe back! Well, for stages that wouldn't kill the game play anyways...
Missions like Crimbson Beast (for example), Ryuker shouldn't work for obvious stage design challenges.

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-08-27 13:46, beatrixkiddo wrote:

On 2007-08-27 13:32, JAFO22000 wrote:

Yes, but isn't this a thread for skills you wish were in the game but aren't released yet? It's uh, already in the game.

I believe it was posted in response to Zorafim's complaint that a hunter cannot heal without using an item.

_Wolf_
Aug 27, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-08-27 12:25, Tigerram wrote:
But as far as brand new spells that aren't in the game, hmmm...I'd go with the Air/Wind element, and counter with a Water element.

Yes, Yes, and Yes

RegulusHikari
Aug 27, 2007, 04:20 PM
Mayalee Hit is a piece of junk. It heals 7 HP on a Beast FF with 2700 HP. In the time you spend shooting to regain your HP, you could have killed the monster and used the monomate it dropped to heal for more.

Unless that 7 multiplies at 11 and 21, it isn't very useful.

60Hz
Aug 27, 2007, 04:23 PM
On 2007-08-27 13:14, Sydz wrote:

Hmm pso had slow effect, mainly from traps but still, it was coolbeanz!

RegulusHikari
Aug 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-08-27 14:23, 60Hz wrote:
Hmm pso had slow effect, mainly from traps but still, it was coolbeanz!

You realize what you've just started right?

Kaydin
Aug 27, 2007, 04:50 PM
Nosfoie
Nosbarta
Damzonde (Think old school Gizonde.)
Grants
Wind based spells
Water based spells
Nature based spells maybe?

I'd also love to see more elemental strategy kinda stuff. If an enemy was on fire, using a water spell would put out the fire; water spells would have a Wet status effect, which would cause lightning spells to do more damage; Fire spells would melt Freeze; etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-08-27 14:53 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-08-27 14:20, RegulusHikari wrote:
Mayalee Hit is a piece of junk. It heals 7 HP on a Beast FF with 2700 HP. In the time you spend shooting to regain your HP, you could have killed the monster and used the monomate it dropped to heal for more.

Unless that 7 multiplies at 11 and 21, it isn't very useful.

Every other PA, Bullet and Tech gets an advantage as it levels, so I don't see why this one wouldn't.

Soukosa
Aug 27, 2007, 05:06 PM
How about some fast casting single target techs for the elements other than fire and earth? Some more light offensive techs would be nice. Grants, Ragrants, Gigrants maybe? Same with Dark... maybe some Gimegid?

On 2007-08-27 12:18, Zorafim wrote:
Techers, especially fortetecher, have exclusive access to near-free healing and stat boosting, as well as instant elemental advantage to any enemy they meet assuming spells are leveled. Considering this, they'll also be the only class type that can complete certain stages, for no reason.
Give hunters the ability to heal and buff without item usage, and I'll consider it fair.

Technically, melees have it the best when it comes to consistant attacks for all elements, assuming you can make the weapons for such. Technics are rather hit or miss with things. There's only a fast casting strong tech for fire and earth and only one light elemental tech which the EN version doesn't even have yet.

With healing and buffing, this is a game geared towards party play and team work. One shouldn't need to have to do everything. But if you really want free healing, there's the HP stealing bullets which get buffed in AoI and the Chain Sword which does the same thing in AoI as well.

MSAksion
Aug 27, 2007, 05:16 PM
At least WIND - a Non-elemental attack Set of TECHS.

aero - a Tornado Gust of wind that shoots outward hitting 6 in a line weak damage - like the Kamatoze's gust slash attack.
RaAero - a Tornado sudden appears and Launches 3 enemies - like RaZonde but spinning air.
GiAero - a Hurricane that spreads outward pushing away 6 enemies surrounding team - like Gibarta
DamuAero - a sweeping gust of air that pushes enemies away who get close - causes stun and knockback on small enemies - low damage.
BuffUpAero - Team movement speed up lvl 1 - lvl 3
BuffDownAero - Enemy Movement speed restricted lvl 1 - lvl 3

Rashiid
Aug 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-08-27 11:55, DurakkenX wrote:
Float

Lol Final Fantasy XII....

im near tha end of that and still never got tha spell...

i find it pointless just to safly walk past traps that can easily be walked around (and theres like 1 attack that it makes it not effect you)

Sylpheed
Aug 27, 2007, 05:22 PM
Screw the techers, give the fighters some new shit that actually makes them equal to the other classes, then ill be happy.

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-08-27 15:16, MSAksion wrote:
At least WIND - a Non-elemental attack Set of TECHS....

If they make a wind tech, they can't call it "aero" as this is a prefix derived from the Greek for "air". That would make too much sense. They'd have to name it something nonsensical, like "Lamte" or something....

Mewn
Aug 27, 2007, 05:29 PM
More offensive Light techs would be cool. And a PSO-style Megid (higher chance of insta-kill, but it either kills or does nothing) would be awesome.

Mayu
Aug 27, 2007, 05:32 PM
-.- Give back grants Lets put in megid but no grants

Wind techs work ( Dimma Winds )

Rashiid
Aug 27, 2007, 05:40 PM
they should have made it:

Fire < Water
Water < Electric
Electric < Earth
Earth < Wind
Wind < Ice
Ice < Fire

panzer_unit
Aug 27, 2007, 05:43 PM
There should be a tech that creates an elemental melee weapon, so techers can share the joys of getting SERVED by enemy attacks along with their fighter teammates. Of course, knowing Sega they'd make the melee weapon technique far more powerful and effective than a fighter with a melee weapon could ever be :/

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Aug 27, 2007, 06:09 PM
I am surprised no one has even mentioned a TP/MST Debuff >.>

We get jellen,zalure and now zoldeel but no TP/MST Debuff ? It would make some sense for them to throw it out there, but I guess it would be a bit of overkill @.@

Rashiid
Aug 27, 2007, 06:11 PM
an MST yeah; but a TP would be VERY useful.

Anduril
Aug 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
I want an attack similar to PSO's Gifoie. But maybe as a light element. Have it hit all enemies within a 45degree range on either side of the user's direction with a chance of sleep. That is a dream I will never see.

Sinue_v2
Aug 27, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-08-27 15:23, JAFO22000 wrote:

If they make a wind tech, they can't call it "aero" as this is a prefix derived from the Greek for "air". That would make too much sense. They'd have to name it something nonsensical, like "Lamte" or something....

You're talking about the Zan tech series.

Zan, GiZan, NaZan.

They could also add Water techs under the Wat name. Wat, GiWat, NaWat. Wat is traditionally the name of Ice Techs, but that was changed to Barta in PSO. Gra (Gravity) Techs would be nice, but they already lumped Gravity techniques into the Dark series.

Going with this, how about a series of techniques that work based on the type of enemy your facing. Whether it's biological or mechanical. So you could have a series of techs that are extremely effective against biological enemies (and inflict a poison status, for example) but do minimal damage against mechanical enemies. And then Vice Versa. Perhaps a series of techs that effect machines (and inflict a "Rust" status that weakens the enemy) but is ineffective against biological enemies.

And again - if they're going to revert Megid to anything, they should revert it to it's classic form and possibly make it a Human only special. However, since we already have "Megid" (the purple fart-ball of death) they could rename it "Meggido". Which is a bit more appropriate anyhow, since Meggido is where the ultimate and final battle of Armageddon is supposed to be fought. Makes sense to be the name of the ultimate hatred based technique.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/genesis/ps4/images/Techniquepics/megid.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-27 18:22 ]</font>

Zorafim
Aug 27, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-08-27 15:40, Rashiid wrote:
they should have made it:

Fire < Water
Water < Electric
Electric < Earth
Earth < Wind
Wind < Ice
Ice < Fire

You have rekindled nightmares long since past. I hope you're happy.

Sydz
Aug 27, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-08-27 18:17, Sinue_v2 wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-27 18:22 ]</font>

Hey look, it's those evil PSX controllers!

Sychosis
Aug 27, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-08-27 18:57, Sydz wrote:

Hey look, it's those evil PSX controllers!

That's why Chaz is using Megid. They cramp his hands, he's pissed.

Stezan
Aug 27, 2007, 09:14 PM
Not a new tech but I'd like to see megiverse edited some. I got this idea from seeing leader Olhgamon use Megiverse. They always cast resta right after finishing megiverse.
I think that the tech should heal all party members within the range of the tech, not just the caster.

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 27, 2007, 10:39 PM
While we're at it, that Megiddo should be able to counter that stupid Fakis meteor. It makes sense in my case...that meteor pisses me off enough.

9lotus
Aug 27, 2007, 11:14 PM
they should let us use the fakis meteor

Fredrick
Aug 27, 2007, 11:25 PM
Pretty much any tech from PSO.

I want something that auto targets and / or is fast. Over 200 hours on PSU and I still can't get use to the slow casting.

A2K
Aug 27, 2007, 11:36 PM

On 2007-08-27 15:23, JAFO22000 wrote:

You're talking about the Zan tech series.

Zan, GiZan, NaZan.

They could also add Water techs under the Wat name. Wat, GiWat, NaWat. Wat is traditionally the name of Ice Techs, but that was changed to Barta in PSO.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Barta changed to Wat in translation from Japanese to English because of the five character limit?

Omega_Weltall
Aug 28, 2007, 12:27 AM
I think Gra has been changed to the Diga series, since Grav bullets are earth based, i donno. Well i gots the thinking since Humans and Newmans dont have a special ability, why not give Numans Legion (not realy a Tech as it was actual magic in PS4) and give Humans Megid ( the real one not the puss ball of sometimes death as someone put it) or rename it Megiddo or give them an Efess type ability er something... i donno just thinking out loud

Myphys
Aug 28, 2007, 12:34 AM
The wind or "zan" element does exist already!!!!

From psuwiki to name a few:
Hishou Jinren-zan
Shunbu Shouren-zan
Renkai Buyou-zan
Moubu Seiren-zan

Oh you mean wind TECHNICs? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bring back old school megid! *cry*

Sinue_v2
Aug 28, 2007, 04:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Barta changed to Wat in translation from Japanese to English because of the five character limit?

You may have a point. I'm not sure, and I could be wrong on this point because I never learned the romanisation for the techs in the JP version. Still one could draw on the "The Two Phantasy Stars" defense and claim the JP and US releases as different series (there are a lot of inconsistances in the two), therefore claiming Barta as a different tech than Wat. Meh... I hate that theory though.

Sydz
Aug 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
Well, there was big problem with all that, SoA of old had alot of trouble translating, and was very Inconsistant between the games to the point of fustration. Palma? Palm? Parma? Doesn't matter, it's gone now.

SStrikerR
Aug 28, 2007, 04:45 PM
i want hunters and rangers to be able to use techs up to 10.
like a ff solos a mission and needs to heal, why not just use resta like the old days?
and a regen tech would be nice as said above, but a faster, more efficient regen than giresta's =/

lethe
Aug 29, 2007, 07:26 AM
I want the real Gifoie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Esufer
Aug 29, 2007, 08:15 AM
I want a version of Dambarta that fires Heaven's Punishers. Which in turn fire Lavis Cannons. Which then spam Rising Strike.

IT WOULD RULE

GoDz
Aug 29, 2007, 10:55 AM
i would like to see all the old spells back...and the way theyre really supposed to look

GoDz
Aug 29, 2007, 10:57 AM
i havnt really looked but i hear ppl sayin they wish they had summons, that would be retarted because this game isnt the kind of game for that, thats more like oblivion or everquest or something

Esufer
Aug 29, 2007, 03:26 PM
On 2007-08-29 08:57, GoDz wrote:
i havnt really looked but i hear ppl sayin they wish they had summons, that would be retarted because this game isnt the kind of game for that, thats more like oblivion or everquest or something

Woosh

danny_o
Aug 29, 2007, 07:45 PM
Regrants has knock back from what I have heard, along with it being very cheap TP wise BUT it ticks away at your HP. I really like that kind of trade off because that might make me get the HP-drain Kikami bullet for my Fortetekka. But if more spells had some more knock back/shove abilities that would be sweet.

Randomness
Aug 29, 2007, 07:52 PM
I want the old Gizonde for bosses. They seem to have a lot more points to nail than PSO bosses...

ShineOnline
Aug 29, 2007, 07:59 PM
I don't know if summons are necessary since the PMs form a similar function, but I'd love a necromantic spell.
Undead polties ftw.

Zorafim
Aug 29, 2007, 08:02 PM
On 2007-08-27 22:27, Omega_Weltall wrote:
Well i gots the thinking since Humans and Newmans dont have a special ability, why not give Numans Legion (not realy a Tech as it was actual magic in PS4

Nah, they should give Newmen the ability to release their Yoki, distorting their physical appearance and turning their eyes gold. But if they use this too much, they start eating human guts.

Probably wouldn't work well, since they can't use giant swords comfortably...

Inazuma
Sep 12, 2007, 02:50 PM
what about a new line of techs that lets you move while casting, similar to using an offhand gun.

Stezan
Sep 13, 2007, 02:25 AM
I'd like to see dammegid and damdiga switched. It seems like the spells have the wrong colors.

Syl
Sep 13, 2007, 02:52 AM
On 2007-09-13 00:25, Stezan wrote:
I'd like to see dammegid and damdiga switched. It seems like the spells have the wrong colors.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing >_>

-Aurora-
Sep 13, 2007, 07:24 PM
i would like a 1 hp remaining self destruct tech to heal ur entire party