PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about Famitsu Cup? still believe to g

Arika
Aug 28, 2007, 08:11 AM
So now, from official xbox360 japan , we will get Dark fakis S2 and the Deragnus co-op mission....
which mean, new PA might come faster (yay?) ^_^
but about Famitsu CUP.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
lol, In anycase I m sure, we still getting it, just a bit delay by the reason that they changed the plan after seeing some bad result from FAM CUP JP

In FAM CUP, people in jp hunt S rank from bonus mission of the colony too easy. after Famitsu CUp, the update is Fakis mission S2, people don''t want to play it, because they got most thing they needed already. so people don't like to do that mission (even that mission alway never popular, but still, more people will spam that mission, if no Famitsu before it)

Now, I think they give us Fakis mission to play first, and give Famistu later. but I hope to get new PA first too!!

Old case that similar to this..
1. old ultimate PA, they fixed nosu-tech glitch first before gave us.
2. grinder base A,they waited until the haxeta start to running low first before gave us.

I dont see any reason that they won't give us many new stuff from Famitsu CUP.. so I still believe in it ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-28 06:33 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 28, 2007, 08:31 AM
''Fire break isn't coming out OMG OMGGGG''

SEGA: OH Shit~ there getting emo alright get ready to surprise them

''WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <.< <.< FIRE BREAK NAOOO :_:''

SEGA: k release it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

''YAY!! JAGGO HUNT we all fail''

hmmmm

Maybe it will happen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif just like fire break http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mystil
Aug 28, 2007, 08:50 AM
Famitsu is stationed "where"?

I rest my case.

amtalx
Aug 28, 2007, 09:14 AM
Will we get a "Famitsu" cup? Very unlikely.

Will we get something different? Hopefully. I wouldn't count on it though. Japanese developer's don't give two shits about the US market.

Kylie
Aug 28, 2007, 09:27 AM
God. Make them stop. T_T

I put might. No one can be certain unless they work for ST, though the chances of us getting it are getting slimmer and slimmer with each week that passes that we don't get it. I hope that we get it, however . . .

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2007, 09:32 AM
I thin we get Famitsu cUP on 14 day of Setember, when new JAGGOs and Nuedaiz lobby are taken out (off?) the server. They give us new S2 missions to try and make us happy, then Famitsu CUp come befour AoI so we will be playng PSU befor AoI is released then people will buy AoI and not say "I won't buy AoI".

_Wolf_
Aug 28, 2007, 09:47 AM
I wonder if the website can crash for someone who searchs famitsu in the forum search? hmmm?

BanF
Aug 28, 2007, 09:49 AM
I chose "we might get it" because it's the closest to "meh, don't care either way, as long as the pointless threads stop".

NexGen
Aug 28, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-08-28 06:50, Mystil wrote:

I rest my case.

lol, when I said this people were offended, as if I were the sole person responsible for Famitsu Cup not coming to America.

I would love to see it, but as I have said before, I do not see the logic behind a Japanese company sponsoring (read: giving their money to Sega for their name to be on the event) an American event.

Likely responses: Oh noes Mr. NexGen!!~!11!! We have teh EGM items in the database! Therefore it will be EGM cup here for sure! I took this time to look and see if EGM was even around, considering that they have basically become insignificant.

To sum it all up: If it comes, great. If not, oh well, it's still the same game it was that most of us have enjoyed for quite some time.

PALRAPPYS
Aug 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
We must get some form of a Famitsu Cup event somewhere down the road...

Or else the Xbox 360 servers are gonna be getting a lot of Demo Weekends to get the Rappy Feather trade-in stuff.

NexGen
Aug 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
On 2007-08-28 09:07, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Or else the Xbox 360 servers are gonna be getting a lot of Demo Weekends to get the Rappy Feather trade-in stuff.

Why MUST we? That's what I don't get...the game still works, right? Will it break if we don't? So we got some feathers in our PM's...it's ok for them to sit there, right?

F-Gattaca
Aug 28, 2007, 11:18 AM
Here's my question(s) ...

Wasn't Ultimate/Maximum Attack on PSO a sort of Famitsu-sponsored event for the Japanese?

And didn't we get those events several times? Rather than having Famitsu as the sponsor it was (in PSO:BB) AOL and Yahoo respectively.

I guess it all depends on whether or not they get a sponsor for this.

Fure_Rakune
Aug 28, 2007, 11:21 AM
If anything, maybe we will see this event in AoI.

PALRAPPYS
Aug 28, 2007, 11:29 AM
On 2007-08-28 09:11, NexGen wrote:

On 2007-08-28 09:07, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Why MUST we? That's what I don't get...the game still works, right? Will it break if we don't? So we got some feathers in our PM's...it's ok for them to sit there, right?

We don't have to...

It's just so much content we're missing out on I'm going to assume we'll get it at some point or another.

BanF
Aug 28, 2007, 11:29 AM
On 2007-08-28 09:18, F-Gattaca wrote:
Here's my question(s) ...

Wasn't Ultimate/Maximum Attack on PSO a sort of Famitsu-sponsored event for the Japanese?

And didn't we get those events several times? Rather than having Famitsu as the sponsor it was (in PSO:BB) AOL and Yahoo respectively.

I guess it all depends on whether or not they get a sponsor for this.

Not all of those events came over to the West, you know, so having an event in Japan is no proof it will come here.

The truth is still the same: we don't know anything, and SEGA isn't speaking, so the best thing to do is pipe down and wait for an official announcement.

Rashiid
Aug 28, 2007, 11:30 AM
i heard even in PSO there was sum Famitsu; and US didnt get it.

Sychosis
Aug 28, 2007, 11:33 AM
I'm loling at people who decided to buy Rappy Feathers for 35k+ to gear up for Famitsu XD

NexGen
Aug 28, 2007, 12:01 PM
lol, that sucks.

Mystil
Aug 28, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-08-28 07:52, NexGen wrote:

I rest my case.

lol, when I said this people were offended, as if I were the sole person responsible for Famitsu Cup not coming to America.

It's not America's fault that Japan is xenophobic.

AxelgearVII
Aug 28, 2007, 12:12 PM
On 2007-08-28 09:33, Sychosis wrote:
I'm loling at people who decided to buy Rappy Feathers for 35k+ to gear up for Famitsu XD

Yeah that wasn't smart of them. It's good to stockpile, but feathers fall like rain during the event. It would be a smarter idea to SELL feathers when the events start to capitalize off of people who want to have their precious new outfits right away.

NexGen
Aug 28, 2007, 12:16 PM
Maybe I should put mine up for sale tonight lol. Come an' get em! I'm gonna change my store ad to say, "Come get your rappy feathers to prepare for Famitsu!!!!"

RedX
Aug 28, 2007, 12:17 PM
Probably not going to get it because we failed firebreak.

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-08-28 10:17, RedX wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, they were grading us....

It's an EVENT, not a TEST. If anything, ST failed FB by not providing an equal reward on each planet. This is something they should fix to appease their customers, not something that they should punish us for.

Siertes
Aug 28, 2007, 12:41 PM
Well if we are going to get this Famitsu thing, at least they're putting it off a bit. I'm moving soon and I don't want to miss it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

A2K
Aug 28, 2007, 12:58 PM
A few questionable points here:

I rest my case.

Sega has made it clear in the past that this is a non-issue. Net Cash doesn't have western operations either, but we still ended up receiving Operation Firebreak.

We reached the ultimate 80 million point goal and received all the rewards except full discounts on Parum and Moatoob (but still end getting partial ones anyway). At the worst, I'd grade that perfomance a B-minus.

Admittedly, the more time that passes the less and less likely we'll see these missions, but these two points in particular are brought up repeatedly, despite not holding any water.

I think if anything is getting in the way, to be honest, it's the server-side hoop-jumping they'd have to do in order to get our version of it set up. The Japanese page was littered with quite a few different leaderboards, complete with small images of the characters involved as well.

landman
Aug 28, 2007, 01:07 PM
The answer is: YES
The reason is: We have Japanese players in the 360 servers and SEGA will make them happy

NexGen
Aug 28, 2007, 01:09 PM
Pics or it won't happen

Sydz
Aug 28, 2007, 01:15 PM
How long have we been hearing this "Sega doesnt care about the US stuff"? Oh right, Since before we got Moatoob. If they honestly didnt care about us, We wouldn't have gotten PSU to begin with.

As for the cup, I could actualy see 1up handling it, since both EGM, and Games for Windows are parts of it(and on a more Specific whole, ZD). I'm sure Sega knows how tough the online gaming market is. There are who knows how many free online rpgs we could ditch PSU for. So they have to be very careful with what they do.

Soukosa
Aug 28, 2007, 04:12 PM
On 2007-08-28 06:11, Arika wrote:
In FAM CUP, people in jp hunt S rank from bonus mission of the colony too easy. after Famitsu CUp, the update is Fakis mission S2, people don''t want to play it, because they got most thing they needed already. so people don't like to do that mission (even that mission alway never popular, but still, more people will spam that mission, if no Famitsu before it)

Never popular? It got some popularity when it came out, just like any other new mission. The party one is a hell of a lot more popular though. The lobby for it looks like a GM event on EN PC/PS2 with all of the people spamming it. People like short missions I guess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

beatrixkiddo
Aug 28, 2007, 04:16 PM
Not so much that people like short missions... people just don't like REALLY LONG missions, which is what SEED Awakened is >_>

Powder Keg
Aug 28, 2007, 05:14 PM
Well, we still might, because everyone thought something similar for firebreak.

Personally, I don't like being cheated out of content, though.

Mewn
Aug 28, 2007, 05:37 PM
Well done to the OP for making a much-needed topic on a subject that has certainly never been discussed before and which people know a great deal about.

The only option on that poll should be 'we might get it', because if anyone actually knows for certain whether we're getting this or not they're certainly not saying it.

Everyone else is just speculating and further flogging this dead horse.

Powder Keg
Aug 28, 2007, 06:32 PM
Well, we're not going to stop seeing topics like this, because apparently everyone is against the idea of a sticky for famitsu discussion. If it went off topic, you know, we could always stop the ones actually causing it instead of closing the entire thread also.

Mystil
Aug 28, 2007, 06:55 PM
Oh yea..Rashiid,. PSO(west) didn't need famu anyway. Max Attack(especially MA2) was more than enough. You could get to lvl50 in 30minutes in there. And best of all, it was never taken down. Just the points tally.

Arika
Aug 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-08-28 10:33, JAFO22000 wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, they were grading us....

It's an EVENT, not a TEST. If anything, ST failed FB by not providing an equal reward on each planet. This is something they should fix to appease their customers, not something that they should punish us for.

they didn't punish player, but they just give no bonus event "Famitsu CUP" in that case http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kion
Aug 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
Has anyone tried emailing Sega, or gotten any feed back whether we're going to get it or not?

HFlowen
Aug 28, 2007, 07:08 PM
On 2007-08-28 17:01, Kion wrote:
Has anyone tried emailing Sega, or gotten any feed back whether we're going to get it or not?

I did a month or so ago, they never mailed back.

GuardianPoe
Aug 29, 2007, 04:26 PM
I tried dropping them a line around the beginning of the month. This was their unsurprisingly uninformative response.

"Hey Lucas,

Unfortunately, we can't give out specifics on future updates. I can
tell you that the people responsible for schedule planning have a few
tricks up their sleeves and are looking for our players eager for new
experiences and content. Don't count us out yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

SEGA Support"

I just hope their promise of a few tricks extended beyond the amusing but limited "Sidekick Saturday".

Rashiid
Aug 29, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-08-28 16:55, Mystil wrote:
Oh yea..Rashiid,. PSO(west) didn't need famu anyway. Max Attack(especially MA2) was more than enough. You could get to lvl50 in 30minutes in there. And best of all, it was never taken down. Just the points tally.

OHHH so thats why sum ppl are saying 'are we gonna get max attack?'

Arika
Aug 29, 2007, 07:24 PM
On 2007-08-29 14:26, GuardianPoe wrote:
I tried dropping them a line around the beginning of the month. This was their unsurprisingly uninformative response.

"Hey Lucas,

Unfortunately, we can't give out specifics on future updates. I can
tell you that the people responsible for schedule planning have a few
tricks up their sleeves and are looking for our players eager for new
experiences and content. Don't count us out yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

SEGA Support"

I just hope their promise of a few tricks extended beyond the amusing but limited "Sidekick Saturday".

Good new, but yes ....I don't count sidekick Saturday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CypherGreen
Sep 2, 2007, 07:48 PM
I would say, the chances of us still getting it are getting slimmer...
However the time from september 14th until halloween rappies is about right for Famitsu, its what i'm hoping anywho...
I mean it contains too much content to be ignored, Rappy suit, Dresses, Male formal clothes, magasine wand, guitare case launcher...

It'd fix the economy (to a certain degree) with standard S ranks being alot more common, the only people i know who don't want it to come are those few who are crazy meseta hoarders who were funded heavily with the whole haxeta boom, as their upper level trading ect will be pissed over...

I realy, hope it comes, but i have my doubts...
If it doesn't come i think it could be to do with licencing issues and the 360 version, even if we didnt have these problems with pso we may now, as any sponsorship deal could have issues on the 360 as thats a shared us/eu/jp server and the 6 jps who are on it would be like "wtf is this shyte magazine i want Famitsu"

Broodstar1337
Sep 2, 2007, 09:32 PM
Not happening. We're not Japanese enough.

Wallin
Sep 2, 2007, 10:38 PM
I don't get the big deal about not getting Famitsu Cup now. Presumably there's 3 almost months before the expansion comes out and I think we're pretty much out of updates between now and then, and I highly doubt we'd get nothing for 3 months straight. In any case, I don't really see why not getting it now is like the end of the world, there's still time.