PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't anyone do Desert terror S2?

Nobo
Aug 28, 2007, 11:38 AM
It gives more cash than labs, better rares, loads of S-rank drops, and only about 5mins longer. wtf

Arika
Aug 28, 2007, 11:40 AM
I know a lot of people who alway solo Desert terror S2 to hunt 11* tho

MrNomad
Aug 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
Thats how it is in moatoob, sux lots > > I WISH there were more people going to it but really its got a lot more difficult to most people. Its very unfriendly to newbies and lowbies I think, and currently people want the fastest missions with the best rewards......But they alos want it to be easy too so go figure. As for rares, bah, its got nice rares but then again rares in general are impossible to get without either blowing a lot of time spamming the mission or being filled with dumb luck and getting it the 1st time you enter > >

AC9breaker
Aug 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
SOOOOOOOoooo many freaking S ranks drop there, 203 MP for S rank on s2, like 20000 meseta. Yet no one ever runs it! Especially since the nerf the mission is much more easier to run. Heck in a full group you could be completing runs in 15 minutes easy.

I solo it from time to time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-08-28 09:57 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Aug 28, 2007, 12:01 PM
I don't think I can find my beloved Muzzlefever at Desert Terror. I'm usually looking for it at Desert Goliath S2.

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2007, 12:03 PM
Dimma is a BEAST on S2. Hardly lands, and when he does, he takes off straight away. His attacks do a lot of damage (we don't have 50% 9* earth armor!). He is constantly flying around the map, so much so that you really can't get many hits on his wings; when you finally do bring him to the ground by shooting his wings, he gets RIGHT up, then takes to the skies RIGHT away.

It's not that he's difficult to beat, just that it takes SOOOO much time with three people. Could do a PuG, but I'd hate to see that rare 11* boss box drop and have it go to someone else...

amtalx
Aug 28, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-08-28 10:03, JAFO22000 wrote:
Dimma is a BEAST on S2. Hardly lands, and when he does, he takes off straight away. His attacks do a lot of damage (we don't have 50% 9* earth armor!). He is constantly flying around the map, so much so that you really can't get many hits on his wings; when you finally do bring him to the ground by shooting his wings, he gets RIGHT up, then takes to the skies RIGHT away.

rainjuuuuuuuurs...

MrNomad
Aug 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-08-28 09:56, AC9breaker wrote:
SOOOOOOOoooo many freaking S ranks drop there, 203 MP for S rank on s2, like 20000 meseta. Yet no one ever runs it! Especially since the nerf the mission is much more easier to run. Heck in a full group you could be completing runs in 15 minutes easy.

I solo it from time to time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-08-28 09:57 ]</font>
Yes there are soooo many S rank drops, but do they drop? Yaaa, if u win the friggin lottery they do. And ya, Dimma does have some influence over the masses of people going there, I mean not evreyone's a ranjuuuur http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pikachief
Aug 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
the only 2 S ranks i want for my gunner are desta and bazga, so i just do the first 3 blocks up to the boss then abandon, or just do jao spawns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CelestialBlade
Aug 28, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-08-28 09:38, Nobo wrote:
It gives more cash than labs, better rares, loads of S-rank drops, and only about 5mins longer. wtf

The same reason nobody does any S2 that's actually hard XD

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-08-28 12:20, Typheros wrote:

The same reason nobody does any S2 that's actually hard XD

...because you can get the same crap drops on a "B" mission.

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 28, 2007, 02:21 PM
Around 200+ Desert Terror S2 runs and only found [B]Rabol Lefba.. Which I Dont Even Want! I Want Gudda Skela and Gudda Hon! THATS IT!!

please dont say "But Skelas Are Easy To Get!" THEY'RE NOT! >_<

landman
Aug 28, 2007, 02:22 PM
Since rebalancing is too boring to do in a party...

MSAksion
Aug 28, 2007, 02:35 PM
Because.... There are too many RARES to Hunt. Too many S rank Boards (waits for the hitting and the name calling XD

LOL serious. Because of all the new S Boards to hunt... THAT DON'T drop no matter how many times you run the mission solo >_>

Its tough to convince a team to join you on moat00b when they're on Parum loooking for their own stuff. Since the drop rates are so low, no one has their own S rank. So until they do its hard to tear them away from their DREAM.

...This is why no one runs Neudaiz with me U_U only force stuff drops there...

Call it selfish but in the end everyone wants stuff for themselves and i don't blame them. Its the horrid drop rate of S rank boards keeping everyone Separrated in locked parties >_>

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 28, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-08-28 10:03, JAFO22000 wrote:

It's not that he's difficult to beat, just that it takes SOOOO much time with three people. Could do a PuG, but I'd hate to see that rare 11* boss box drop and have it go to someone else...

QFT. I hate BOTH Moatoob bosses actually because I'm a Hunter, and I love to slash. But unfortunately, this game seems to hate Fighters alot.

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I REALLY feel bad for the hunters in our party when we fight Dimma. A common statement is "Well, I got two hits of my combo off this time!". Then, the rangers finally drop Dimma by shooting his wings and the FF is stunned or caught in a pod or something. It's really sad!

beatrixkiddo
Aug 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
Dimma's pods are so easy to avoid...

At least compared to Onma's.

Rashiid
Aug 28, 2007, 03:33 PM
Why? because scape-wise you lose money on the boss.

yah you get like 25k; but u die like 3-4 times on the boss (or Grinte (sp?) C's); so thats like 20k itself.

AND most ppl are cocky; so they will only carry like 2 scapes thinkin they never die; and die 3 times; party flips out; and a war starts.

definatly not worth it cash-wise; and everyone has tha
'man nothin everdrops for me!' mentallity; so no ones going there.

IGNORE........................

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-08-28 13:39 ]</font>

Umberger
Aug 28, 2007, 03:36 PM
Rashiid, what are you talking about? There's no Grinna Betes in Desert Terror...are you thinking of Goliath?

Rashiid
Aug 28, 2007, 03:39 PM
yeah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif mah bad

in that case; theres always ppl ther; u just come at wrong times =P

Tita
Aug 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
once i hit 75, hooyah!!!!
been dying to do this mission over and over and over and over.....

til then, jaggo hunts!

Shishi-O
Aug 29, 2007, 01:11 AM
i am rearanging my whole character scheme to solo, i only want the rabol dadan boards. The rare material drops are decent for making pikors..

As for finding s-rank...if you hold your breath..you diiiiiieee

So its a great run with a good techer, just skip the boss.

Sell the pikors you make from the mats you find. Its good business. No need for parties to get drops that you wanted and split so u cant get anything. U wouldn't believe the horror stories i have heard and chillin' w/ dudes that have had it happen.

Get to the lvl cap, and structure your characters and equipment/ job in a manner where it is economically feasable.

If your expenses per run is more than 3k, you are not strong enough, go lvl in seabed ask other what they do that works for them.

Solo is the only way to get what you want, the pressure of the s-ranking forces this outcome in a game based on cooperation...sorry i haven't been the same since i broke my nightwalkers.

Shishi-O
Aug 29, 2007, 01:28 AM
i synth alot...a lot

Just getting all that material

Mot ebons

Vulkalines...do you know how much i spend on vulcaline???

It's about 750k for 99 vulcalines in npc shop,..**** player shops, I don't have that kind of patience.

275k for 99 stelnium

About 380k for whatever ebons. And player shops dont sell in bulk

And worst yet kubara wood is not sold by npcs

Buying 32 seperate 9* boards, i havent even done the math.

So soloing get the mats, u profitaby way u look at it.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 29, 2007, 01:31 AM
On 2007-08-28 12:21, Crazy_Hunter wrote:
Around 200+ Desert Terror S2 runs and only found [B]Rabol Lefba.. Which I Dont Even Want! I Want Gudda Skela and Gudda Hon! THATS IT!!

But there cheap. =)

________
Buy vaporgenie (http://www.vaporshop.com/vaporgenie-vaporizer.html)

Dragwind
Aug 29, 2007, 04:39 AM
I think people don't do it because they're hunting other preferred rares elsewhere.

bloodflowers
Aug 29, 2007, 05:08 AM
Weak players prefer Lab S2.

Stronger players sit around on Moatoob wondering where all the people are, checking their list to try to find someone who hasn't quit yet, and eventually give up and go to lab because it's the only place they can find a party.

Shame as you can knock this one over really quickly with a good party.

White_Mage
Aug 29, 2007, 05:23 AM
On 2007-08-28 12:21, Crazy_Hunter wrote:

yes,they are i found 2 in 2 runs lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

blackfox433
Aug 29, 2007, 05:30 AM
On 2007-08-28 12:35, MSAksion wrote:
Because.... There are too many RARES to Hunt. Too many S rank Boards (waits for the hitting and the name calling XD

LOL serious. Because of all the new S Boards to hunt... THAT DON'T drop no matter how many times you run the mission solo >_>

Its tough to convince a team to join you on moat00b when they're on Parum loooking for their own stuff. Since the drop rates are so low, no one has their own S rank. So until they do its hard to tear them away from their DREAM.

...This is why no one runs Neudaiz with me U_U only force stuff drops there...

Call it selfish but in the end everyone wants stuff for themselves and i don't blame them. Its the horrid drop rate of S rank boards keeping everyone Separrated in locked parties >_>

actually i dont spend my time hunting for myself. i hunt for others there are few ppl like me that do this kind of thing, there should be more that like hunting for others and not themselves.

pokefiend
Aug 29, 2007, 07:08 AM
Well, usually if I have the time I'd just set up a party, ma/iling and inviting ppl to come join me for some DTS2 action!

Also, I'd have to disagree with many of you. I think Desert Terror S2 is one of the most Hunter-friendly missions in PSU, its just not FF friendly. Wartecher or Fighgunner are much more prefered classes to use. Even Protranser is good to use against Dimm.

Katy
Aug 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
I've done more DT S2 runs than any other S2. I've seen Bil De Axe, 4 Skelas, Shigga Desta and Rabol Lebfa drop. Its 100x easier since the nerf but I kinda liked the old way a little better.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 29, 2007, 11:41 AM
I love it, and solo it from time to time, I usually send Nova to do it though. not as fun as it used to be with a full group though. I would only allow 3 others with me, max. It's too dull with 5 or 6.

Sylpheed
Aug 30, 2007, 08:22 AM
I NEVER purposefully do runs to find S rank boards anymore just for the simple reason that they NEVER EVER drop, so i see no reason at all to continuously run the same mission over and over to realise that i could be there for the rest of my life with the best item dropping being a fuckin Vulcaline. Seriously you never get the good drops until you stop looking for them.

Esufer
Aug 30, 2007, 08:35 AM

Because you can concieve, and give birth to a child in the time it takes to kill the Onma Dimmagolus.

Mayu
Aug 30, 2007, 08:44 AM
pfft

Solo it time to time I never ever seen any groups for it either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

but not frequently

It also doesn't have!
Kazie rod - Har - Toga!

and pretty soon

11 Axe
10 Axe
10 Saber
11 Saber
oh w/e I forgot what else drops in Fakris S2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-08-30 06:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-08-30 06:46 ]</font>