PDA

View Full Version : 4XO vs 4X1/4X2

Esufer
Aug 28, 2007, 12:04 PM
Are there any advantages to using the base form of a PM in it's final stage, or is it best to always use a PM Evolution device?

A2K
Aug 28, 2007, 01:28 PM
Ones and twos are usually an order of magnitude more powerful in combat than their original zero forms (although there are some debatable exceptions) and having HP auto-recovery (4X1) or Sturm Buster (4X2) certainly can't be construed as detrimental by any measure. As far as synthesis goes, there's doesn't appear to be any advantage.

Of course there's also the aesthetic factor to consider.

Sydz
Aug 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-08-28 11:28, A2K wrote:

Of course there's also the aesthetic factor to consider.

That's why I haven't change my 420. I don't like how the others look compared to it.

EDIT: While we are on the subject. Does anyone know if the x2 series uses the SUV in a decent manner? I've noticed other NPC's are pretty dumb about NB, and SUV usage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sydz on 2007-08-28 11:37 ]</font>

Mr_Confused
Aug 28, 2007, 01:48 PM
PMs hardly ever use SUVs in a good spot, i think my pm used her sturm buster on the Gol Dolva once but thats the best shes ever done

Jelloman18
Aug 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
All depends on the battle stat of the pm, if it is a high battle stat, its better at combat, obviously, if its battle stat sucks... it will suck at combat... My gh 412 uses its SUV on all the right spots and its only battle stat 21, so take it on some missions with u and level its it up, and see how u like it.

Kismet
Aug 28, 2007, 05:07 PM
From my personal experiences, I think GH-432 is currently the 'smartest' PM. It uses its Sturm Buster SUV at decent times, and actually knows when to heal. It's also the only PM with four decent weapons (twin handgun with light bullets, crossbow that shoots 3 bullets and casts Jellen, saber with rising strike, and wand with resta). Five weapons if you count its SUV.

haruna
Aug 28, 2007, 05:37 PM
The nice thing about Sturm Buster is that the missiles are auto-aim. Which is good, because when my 452 or 442 use theirs, they're pointing AWAY from the enemy. Had they used Grom or Hegel busters, they would have hit nothing but wall.

My 452 is pretty freakin' resta happy. Her aim is pretty dodgy with razonde(but I've seen this happen with human players too, it's the nature of the tech.) Her support techniques are nice too: shifta, zodial, rentis.

442 vs 440 is a bit of a mixed bag. That bow of hers hits REALLY hard. She's been pretty good with using Sturm Buster. But as a 440, she healed more often and for more points.

I haven't upgraded my 410 or 430. I think my 410 is a bit more aggressive than some of the 411s and 412s I've seen out there. I just made the 430 and done 1 battle with it. She talks more than she shoots.

Kismet
Aug 28, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-08-28 15:37, haruna wrote:
I just made the 430 and done 1 battle with it. She talks more than she shoots.

That's because you need to evolve it, maybe?

Also, 430 fights WITH the group. You have to make her attack with your actions. (Ex: If she's not aiming in the right direction, you must make her follow you to the point where she'll be aiming correctly.)

But 430's AI is pretty bad. Her AI won't be decent unless you evolve her to 431 or 432.

Chaobo99
Aug 28, 2007, 09:40 PM
Mine always SUVs at a good time unless we're in an all robot map with killer shot..things die too fast..However,admittably,they are better than Lou xP

omegapirate2k
Aug 29, 2007, 11:45 AM
I used the GH421 device on my PM before ever using it in combat, so I can't help you out there.

Katey8Katt
Aug 30, 2007, 09:26 PM
How do you change your pm to a gh 452 or w/e case i got the 1st pm i think its a gh 410 or the red one. Like wat do i need to do?????

SiGeL
Aug 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
You can only use Evolution Devices that are the same as your PM. For example, the 451-452 devices only work on the 450 pm. You can't have a 420 and change it to a 440.

Fleur-de-Lis
Aug 31, 2007, 12:11 AM
I've been wondering this lately as well, since I fell in love with the 440 straight away, but with a new character of a new type I will have to adjust my strategy.

440 was great at support in my experience and the Shotgun was decent crowd control for my fF. From what I've read, the 441 and 442 variations up the ante under specific circumstances, but are not necessarily 'better', so it seems that the determining factors would be both your type and your tactics. For me, I want something to counterbalance my type's weakness. Which means this time around, I'll go with 442.

Not sure about the other GH series, though. Anyway, hope this helped, but I'm pretty sure it didn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

pikachief
Aug 31, 2007, 12:31 AM
On 2007-08-28 11:48, Mr_Confused wrote:
PMs hardly ever use SUVs in a good spot, i think my pm used her sturm buster on the Gol Dolva once but thats the best shes ever done

pfft i've gotten lou to use her laser SUV on 2 tenghogs, TWICE in the same mission! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

from hearing all the stuff u all say about lou, she must only like me... well my PM is my casts and my lou's daughter anyways >.>