PDA

View Full Version : Beast and Mechguns: Do they go together?

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2007, 03:41 PM
OK so here's the question: Any beast's out there have a fortegunner or a guntecher?

I want to know how often you miss vs. the damage you gain from your nice high ATP.

Besides which: Will a fortegunner outdamage a guntecher with mechguns? The math seams to indicate that it would.

But then there's the wildcard. Guntecher gets the S rank Mechguns. Maybe doesn't mean much now, but the 12* mechgun? prolly kick the butt of the 9* (10)

a beast guntecher? sounds like some rapid-fire fun
a beast fortegunner? maybe kicks butt

someone out there knows the answers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

beatrixkiddo
Aug 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
They go together... from behind!

Davot
Aug 28, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-08-28 13:43, beatrixkiddo wrote:
They go together... from behind!

bow chicka bow wow?

Soukosa
Aug 28, 2007, 03:52 PM
ATA's over rated, well... at least the differences between the races. Don't listen to what most people say, the advantage that races like casts have with ATA isn't that big. A beast is fine with any ranged weapon, just not as optimal as some of the others.

Rashiid
Aug 28, 2007, 03:55 PM
of coarse a fortegunner would out-do a guntech in damage; class-wise fG has higher ATP. reguardless of race.

Guntechs COMPLETELY outdamage fortetechers in Cards; but were not gettin S rank cards.

fG also outdamages in Twin Pisols; and Rifles; and Shottys; and Laser Cannons.

does that mean GT's should get NO S ranks since were not as good w/ them as fG and let THEM get all of them?

us having a 12* mech gun may actually balance the damage out; fG w/ them would be SO incredibly broken.....

Hrith
Aug 28, 2007, 04:04 PM
Wrong topic, Rashiid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And yeah, do not use mechguns on a beast, unless:
1) you like to see loads of 0
2) you like to waste time getting behind every monster

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2007, 04:06 PM
agreed. i started a parallel post about the Fortegunner vs. Guntecher aspect of this question. i think it will turn out everyone expects GT to > Fortegunner with a 12* mechgun

i still hope there is a 90 beast out there with some mechguns at PA lvl 30 who can shed some light on how many 0's i could expect if i went this route.

Why make a beast thats not a Fighgunner/ Foretfighter?

I'm trying to see what the MAX damage is out of mechguns
i think a beast will be needed for that.

A beast Guntecher with a 12* mechgun, and completely worthless magic, lol. still, maybe i can resta x5 to heal myself

Rashiid
Aug 28, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-08-28 14:04, Hrith wrote:
Wrong topic, Rashiid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

no im in tha right one (he made the other topic based on what i said here)

cause he stated that GT's and S rank mech guns and fG's maybe being out-powered by them (which i know isnt gonna happen, unless they majorly boost GT's ATP)

also somethin we talked about in a PM.

Soukosa
Aug 28, 2007, 04:15 PM

"Hi I'm a cast fanboy that will never play a beast because I don't understand how ATA/EVP works and I must thus interpret it as though 1 ATA equates to a massive increase in hit rate lololz"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Rashiid
Aug 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
i know; Beast may hav low ATA;but its not like its effin 0!

they still get tha class ATA boost; which isnt bad at all.

Aside from SUVs; Beast (IMO) make better fortegunners.

and yes; Cast fortegunners too see 0's; dont act like their ATA is 1337 and never misses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-08-28 14:25 ]</font>

Sophia
Aug 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-08-28 14:15, Sounomi wrote:

"Hi I'm a cast fanboy that will never play a beast because I don't understand how ATA/EVP works and I must thus interpret it as though 1 ATA equates to a massive increase in hit rate lololz"

We wanna hear your explanation on how flinching works again. Educate us! xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sophia on 2007-08-28 14:24 ]</font>

Bagel_Man_
Aug 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
I have a Beast fortegunner, and when you got an ATA buff you don't really see many 0's, but if you don't have the buff you can go on a streak of damage or 0's...its kinda random

NexGen
Aug 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yes, before I had my drumlines, I was outdamaging other Cast FighGunners with my 6* mechs, compared to his 8* Yasmanikovs, both using the same element at the same PA level, same class level, and same...level.

Missing wasn't a big deal really - but with drumlines, I seriously pound out damage like crazy as a beast - now I just need to buy more drumlines as I sold my pair to get quick cash http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Beast ForteGunners do well too - just as boring as any other ForteGunner lol. I honestly can't say that I see an endless stream of 0's with a few big hits...I miss as much with guns as I do with any other weapon, as a Beast.

Hrith
Aug 28, 2007, 04:32 PM
"Hi I'm a cast fanboy that will never play a beast because I don't understand how ATA/EVP works and I must thus interpret it as though 1 ATA equates to a massive increase in hit rate lololz"Says the girl without a single character past Lv60 (and I'm being generous).

Where's your proof? Where are your facts that you know better than I how ATA/EVP works?
Where are your high-leveled chars that you used to conduct researches on ATA?

Where are your arguments, even? Everyone knows I'm anything but a cast supporter, so you're just trolling, yeah?

I know exactly the ATA of a beast Fighgunner at Lv90/10, and I can just lower my own human or cast ATA to match that figure and run the tests.
And the test results are clear, the DPS loss from the number of misses on a Fighgunner makes beasts less powerful than humans, and I tested single sabers, single daggers, twin sabers, twin daggers, double sabers and all guns, not just machineguns.

The only figure I know you used is (ATA x 10)/EVP, which is completely erroneous... lol

So yeah, it's better to stay quiet in situations where you know too little to open your mouth.
Unless you just meant to troll, that's a case for the moderators.

Sophia
Aug 28, 2007, 04:40 PM
She actually plays online? The fact that she thinks barta flinches enemies makes me think that she only plays extra mode or something lol.

Rashiid
Aug 28, 2007, 04:44 PM
barta does have a slight flinch on small critters; that she is right on.

Dragwind
Aug 28, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-08-28 14:32, Hrith wrote:

"Hi I'm a cast fanboy that will never play a beast because I don't understand how ATA/EVP works and I must thus interpret it as though 1 ATA equates to a massive increase in hit rate lololz"Says the girl without a single character past Lv60 (and I'm being generous).

Where's your proof? Where are your facts that you know better than I how ATA/EVP works?

Where are your arguments, even? Everyone knows I'm anything but a cast supporter, so you're just trolling, yeah?

I know exactly the ATA of a beast Fighgunner at Lv90/10, and I can just lower my own human or cast ATA to match that figure and run the tests.
And the test results are clear, the DPS loss from the number of misses on a Fighgunner makes beasts less powerful than humans, and I tested single sabers, single daggers, twin sabers, twin daggers, double sabers and all guns, not just machineguns.

The only figure I know you used is (ATA x 10)/EVP, which is completely erroneous... lol

So yeah, it's better to stay quiet in situations where you know too little to open your mouth.

So he doesn't have proof, but your claims are good enough to not need proof? I disagree. Higher ata guns work just fine on beast fG's. However I'm unsure of beast fighgunners.

Maybe I should phrase this in your style of finger pointing-

"You wrong. I right. You have no proof, I no need proof."

Sophia
Aug 28, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-08-28 14:44, Rashiid wrote:

No, not outside C rank, HSM, Bruce or story mode. Unless you mean the visual flinch, which is completely irrelevant.

drizzle
Aug 28, 2007, 04:49 PM

I've not seen your test results, could you post numbers and the correct formula? (or link to a post that has...) ... I'm quite interested in your findings.

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
flinching does play a big part in effectiveness!
mechguns vs. jarbas = faster kill
rifles vs. jarba = safer for all

mechguns vs. ageeta = run past you
rifles vs. aggeta = never make it to you

rifle vs. polvahra = slow, very little flinch
mechguns vs. polvaha = not too bad, big flinch from behind
granade vs. polvahra = ho-hum, better if there are two close together
spear vs. polvara = yes, please (did that fortegunner just whip out a spear?!)
techer vs. polvara = dammit you put my spear to shame, i think i'll go back to killing the jarbas

Rashiid
Aug 28, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-08-28 14:48, Sophia wrote:

On 2007-08-28 14:44, Rashiid wrote:

No, not outside C rank, HSM, Bruce or story mode. Unless you mean the visual flinch, which is completely irrelevant.

Sleeping Warriors S2; Badira wave comes flying at you; use barta; watch them all flinch.

just hard to tell since S2 enemies are very quick; and even a Har / Quick + Wand w/ Barta isnt fast enuff to completely stun critters;

but it DOES flinch.

RegulusHikari
Aug 28, 2007, 04:51 PM
Says the girl without a single character past Lv60 (and I'm being generous).

Another topic lost to an e-peen contest.

Sophia
Aug 28, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-08-28 14:51, Rashiid wrote:
Sleeping Warriors S2; Badira wave comes flying at you; use barta; watch them all flinch.

just hard to tell since S2 enemies are very quick; and even a Har / Quick + Wand w/ Barta isnt fast enuff to completely stun critters;

but it DOES flinch.

Are you trolling, or are you actually that stupid? Do you want me to make a fucking VIDEO comparing barta to rabarta?

DikkyRay
Aug 28, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-08-28 14:58, Sophia wrote:

but it DOES flinch.

Are you trolling, or are you actually that stupid? Do you want me to make a fucking VIDEO comparing barta to rabarta?

Make a video of something RELEVENT.
Also, look up the topic of "troll" while you are there, because you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaay off when you call rashiid a troll (omg he is proving me wrong! troll!)

RegulusHikari
Aug 28, 2007, 05:01 PM

but it DOES flinch.

Please do so we can all stop arguing. (I'm being serious)

beatrixkiddo
Aug 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
"getting hit" animation is not the same as "getting flinched" animation. If you want proof, go use a rifle or rabarta on King Go Vahra; it'll knock him out of his Resta pattern. Barta will not, nor will a crossbow, handgun, twin handgun, etc.

Sophia
Aug 28, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-08-28 15:01, DikkyRay wrote:

but it DOES flinch.

Make a video of something RELEVENT.
Also, look up the topic of "troll" while you are there, because you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaay off when you call rashiid a troll (omg he is proving me wrong! troll!)

Ahahaha, he proving me wrong? Now YOU'RE trolling xD

AweOfShe
Aug 28, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-08-28 14:46, Dragwind wrote:

Says the girl without a single character past Lv60 (and I'm being generous).

So he doesn't have proof, but your claims are good enough to not need proof? I disagree. Higher ata guns work just fine on beast fG's. However I'm unsure of beast fighgunners.

Maybe I should phrase this in your style of finger pointing-

"You wrong. I right. You have no proof, I no need proof."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/AweOfShe1/objection.gif

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/AweOfShe1/ani-phoenix-document.gif
Mr Dragwind... There is a clear contradiction in your post.

And that is...
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/AweOfShe1/ani-phoenix-points.gif
ATA and EVP are directly connected to Ronald McDonald and Campbells Chunky soup!

Dragwind
Aug 28, 2007, 05:07 PM
Failure. I thought this topic was about beasts and mechguns, dee de dee. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/silenthorror666/109958_Yourargumentsarechildishlybr.jpg