PDA

View Full Version : Oo WTF sword is this?

GenesisDX
Aug 29, 2007, 10:21 AM
http://www.newtype-usa.com/media/reviews/20070115-screen-phantasystaruniverse.jpg An earlier version of the newdayz sword perhaps? or is it a uber secret hidden 13* weapon.

panzer_unit
Aug 29, 2007, 10:27 AM
uh, that's a 3* GRM lance.

The blade looks a little different in-game but yeah definitely.

Arika
Aug 29, 2007, 10:33 AM
where does the screenshot come form ?

Sydz
Aug 29, 2007, 10:35 AM
right clicking on that image shows... That it's hosted on Newtype USA

panzer_unit
Aug 29, 2007, 11:13 AM
you can see Karen's panties a bit. that's a short dress lol.

Katy
Aug 29, 2007, 11:14 AM
Its Double Agito the 11* double saber.

F-Gattaca
Aug 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
That's a prototype GRM Lance? The design almost looks like a Yohmei weapon, if you don't count the blade.

I'm intrigued by their surroundings, too. Does it look like they originally planned to have a Parum locale near the ocean?

Kuya
Aug 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
That could be the lake (Denes?) you know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Also, Karen has super short shorts I believe. It's been a while since I played offline but i'm pretty sure those are shorts.

Kaydin
Aug 29, 2007, 11:36 AM
It's an early spear design from the previews. Probably Yohmei, but the blade looks kinda GRM. I think that spear looks better than both the current GRM and Yohmei blades...

In the previews, there was a Raffon looking area by the water. There was even a single headed De Ragnus boss.

EDIT: Kuya has a good point. We may see something like this area in the backwards Ragnus Co-op mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-08-29 09:37 ]</font>

Sol-Edge
Aug 29, 2007, 11:54 AM
I really do wish that the Photons on the weapons were THAT solid. I hate that "Glow" ours currently have. Or maybe it's because I'm on PS2? o.O

Fredrick
Aug 29, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-08-29 09:54, Sol-Edge wrote:
I really do wish that the Photons on the weapons were THAT solid. I hate that "Glow" ours currently have. Or maybe it's because I'm on PS2? o.O

No it's ugly on 360 too. It doesn't acutally glow at all. It just changes colors.

Skorn
Aug 29, 2007, 12:24 PM
Not sword. Spear. Sword's are held behind them.

panzer_unit
Aug 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
GRM lances have basically the same shape of blade (and it looks a lot like the blade on a Yohmei longsword too) only it's fatter in the game. Probably everyone's forgotten since they're low-rank gear.

http://psupedia.info/Image:Weapons.jpg

Sinue_v2
Aug 29, 2007, 12:49 PM
I'm intrigued by their surroundings, too. Does it look like they originally planned to have a Parum locale near the ocean?

LoL, someone needs to play through storymode. It's same area you fight in The Mad Beasts - except in the daylight rather than at dusk.

F-Gattaca
Aug 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-08-29 10:49, Sinue_v2 wrote:
LoL, someone needs to play through storymode. It's same area you fight in The Mad Beasts - except in the daylight rather than at dusk.

Except that someone finished Story Mode a long time ago.

Near as I can recall, The Mad Beasts technically doesn't happen in story mode either; instead, you fight a prized Gol Dova of Green Green Farms after the farm is hit by a Fire SEED infection. In fact, I'm thinking that Firebreak's Burning Garden run was at least partially comprised of that area.

Most of the areas in Raffon are either endless grassland (as seen in online missions like Mad Creatures and Plains Overlord), or criss-crossed by rivers and small lakes (The Mad Beasts and story mode's first Parum mission, as well as the corresponding Extra Mode mission).

I don't recall any area in The Mad Beasts that looks like that screenshot, dusk or daytime; same for the Green Green Farms area pre-SEED infection, which you can also play in Extra Mode.

Maybe it's true that there's a specific location in that area which resembles the screenshot, but to my knowledge, you'll almost always see the other side of the riverbed not so far away.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-08-29 11:02 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Aug 29, 2007, 01:07 PM
The Mad Beasts is in offline mode, as a Free Mission, I believe. Regardless - it doesn't matter since it's the same area. Just like Old Mellvore City and Endrum Remenants and Lab Recovery are all the same damned area. Check Chapter 3: Relics. It's basically the Mad Beasts, but during the day.

And you can't see the opposite shoreline in that shot because the camera is tilted to face upwards, and the shore is largely blocked by Ethan's spear. Look again, it's there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-29 11:10 ]</font>

Vyre
Aug 29, 2007, 02:01 PM
Yep, I know that spot, its in mad beasts when you have to go out of your way to kill a couple shagreece. And for those who haven't noticed you can clearly see the opposite shore.

Libram
Aug 29, 2007, 02:30 PM
Mad Beasts or Creature Discomfort for offline?

A2K
Aug 29, 2007, 02:33 PM
The area is definitely Raffon Lakeshore; the angle does make it seem a bit odd, but there's no reason to assume it's something totally different, either. (Duel in the Ruins takes place in the night version of the lakeshore, I believe.)

As for the spear, its staff portion is nearly identical to the Yohmei's 3* Lacanata, but its blade is different and more similar to a GRM's spears, except longer.

xXNinjaXx
Aug 29, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-08-29 09:14, Katy wrote:
Its Double Agito the 11* double saber.

lol thats DEFINATELY not the double agito
adoubles sabers arent held like that

its a 3* GRM spear
just at a different angle
common sense!

thats how spears are held
and a 3* weapon in green
and the angle is different, but its GRM
yohmei has more of a cone shape to it

F-Gattaca
Aug 30, 2007, 01:23 AM
A2K wrote:
The area is definitely Raffon Lakeshore; the angle does make it seem a bit odd, but there's no reason to assume it's something totally different, either. (Duel in the Ruins takes place in the night version of the lakeshore, I believe.)

I guess so, but seeing some of the pre-beta screenshots of PSU whenever PSOW is down for maintenance, many areas are recognizably different.

I, for one, prefer the glowy purple sparkliness of the pre-beta RELICs.

Ninja wrote:
its a 3* GRM spear
just at a different angle
common sense!

I guess it might be a pre-beta GRM spear but it looks like a Frankenstein of a weapon nowadays. I'm pretty sure that the perspective is NOT responsible for that huge-ass spearhead, though. Ethan's hand is very close to it; it almost looks as if it takes up 1/3rd of the spear's length compared to what we have. Maybe even 1/2.

Compare to screenshots of weapons here on PSOW:
Yohmei basic spear (http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/116/5011-m.jpg)
GRM basic spear (http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/779/5010-m.jpg)
Double Agito (http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/1574/5465-m.jpg)

The spear in that pre-beta screenshot only vaguely resembles the GRM spear in blade shape, but is closer to the Yohmei one for the rest of it; and even then, it's not exactly like either design, only sharing a passing resemblance.

I for one would like to see this weapon in the game!