PDA

View Full Version : Beware Of These Morons...

Tigerram
Aug 29, 2007, 02:18 PM
This weekend, on the PS2/PC servers, I was in a pt at Cost Of Reserach S2, doing our thing. We had this individual join us, and as usual, we all said Hi, he/she said hi. Then I guess we left a fire barrel thingy live. We were already a little ways in Block 1. He dies I'm guessing on a barrel purposely, and then says, "Oh sorry, brb" and leaves. Thus, there goes the S rank. Then, another charcter with a different name joins, and says hello and such, and we are close to B2. Then all a sudden he dies, and then says the same thing, "Oh sorry, brb." Leaves. So we're like, wtf? So, we have another character join not long after that, but this time, the pt ldr removed this person, since it seemed like a pattern.

When we finished the mission, the first individual we saw was going back and forth through the door, knowingly was trying to do the same thing to other parties. He stood there long enough so we could b-list his stupid ass. Just basically wanted to let ya'll know to watch out for idiots like this.

Kylie
Aug 29, 2007, 02:22 PM
Heh, I had to deal with tons of people like that on REO. Seriously, I must have ran into a teamkiller at least three times per day, and there was no black list. But thankfully on PSU, all you have to do is blacklist them and never deal with them unless they use their mommy's credit card to buy another account. I'll never understand people like that, but "morons" describe them well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-29 12:23 ]</font>

Xaeris
Aug 29, 2007, 02:26 PM
As if the open game wasn't enough of an endangered species...

DAMASCUS
Aug 29, 2007, 02:34 PM
I have been in a party once when that happened and I didn't understand it but as soon as they got a rare by random I understood. They can just die and then walk away and collect rares. The leader seemed familiar with this online phenomena and termed that person a 'squatter' right before booting him.

GunnerGoddess
Aug 29, 2007, 02:38 PM
this happened twice to me the other day when I needed mp. luckily the one did it at the very start so just restarted it

AweOfShe
Aug 29, 2007, 02:58 PM
I remember two people doing that back when Eastern Peril was a hotspot.

In fact, it wasn't just dying purposely. They would also hit the crystal that led back to Kego Clearing, or start the boss warp before everyone went in it. I remember their names too, but I think they quit long ago, since I haven't seen them in forever. >.>

chibiLegolas
Aug 29, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-08-29 12:34, DAMASCUS wrote:
I have been in a party once when that happened and I didn't understand it but as soon as they got a rare by random I understood. They can just die and then walk away and collect rares. The leader seemed familiar with this online phenomena and termed that person a 'squatter' right before booting him.

Huh? I thought ppl who where in parties, but were hanging out in the lobbies (for MP mooch'n), or ones who are dead (red screen) can't get rares when it's set on random or set in order. At least that's what I remember in those loooong rare drop threads.
Am I remembering it wrong?

If they still CAN get rares this way, that's messed up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

Fredrick
Aug 29, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-08-29 12:26, Xaeris wrote:

Yeah, that's what I don't get.

PSO had a tiny community, and yet people were still compelled to waste their time thinking up new ways to destroy the game.

DikkyRay
Aug 29, 2007, 03:25 PM
If you are in the lobby, you CANNOT get rares. Trust me. I have idled in lobbies talking while my FRIENDS (not random people, im not that big of a jerk) were running a mission.
Its how i missed about 3 or 4 11* mats.

Golto
Aug 29, 2007, 03:52 PM
The term I like to use for people that do stupid things like that is "Griefers". Their only goal in playing psu is to cause other players as much grief as humanly possible. Why people would waste $10 a month to do this I can't understand.

Syl
Aug 29, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-08-29 13:02, chibiLegolas wrote:

Huh? I thought ppl who where in parties, but were hanging out in the lobbies (for MP mooch'n), or ones who are dead (red screen) can't get rares when it's set on random or set in order. At least that's what I remember in those loooong rare drop threads.
Am I remembering it wrong?

If they still CAN get rares this way, that's messed up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

No you're right, I missed out on a Baji-senba dropping while I was afk yesterday in the lobby (and that would have been my first s rank sighting too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SylviaEspada on 2007-08-29 14:03 ]</font>

SarinSerafi
Aug 29, 2007, 09:48 PM
This weekend, on the PS2/PC servers, I was in a pt at Cost Of Reserach S2, doing our thing. We had this individual join us, and as usual, we all said Hi, he/she said hi. Then I guess we left a fire barrel thingy live. We were already a little ways in Block 1. He dies I'm guessing on a barrel purposely, and then says, "Oh sorry, brb" and leaves. Thus, there goes the S rank.

If someone dies in a mission without a scape doll on the PS2/PC servers, it doesn't affect mission rank. I doubt this is any different for Cost of Research. That part of your story seemed odd.

Either way, if their game is to attempt to ruin people's S ranks by dying on purpose, they've automatically failed.

Kaydin
Aug 29, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-08-29 19:48, SarinSerafi wrote:

This weekend, on the PS2/PC servers, I was in a pt at Cost Of Reserach S2, doing our thing. We had this individual join us, and as usual, we all said Hi, he/she said hi. Then I guess we left a fire barrel thingy live. We were already a little ways in Block 1. He dies I'm guessing on a barrel purposely, and then says, "Oh sorry, brb" and leaves. Thus, there goes the S rank. If someone dies in a mission without a scape doll on the PS2/PC servers, it doesn't affect mission rank. I doubt this is any different for Cost of Research. That part of your story seemed odd.

Either way, if their game is to attempt to ruin people's S ranks by dying on purpose, they've automatically failed.That only works if they are revived. If they return to the lobby, your mission rank goes down. I think that's what he meant by "left".

Wallin
Aug 29, 2007, 10:44 PM
On 2007-08-29 19:48, SarinSerafi wrote:
If someone dies in a mission without a scape doll on the PS2/PC servers, it doesn't affect mission rank.

As a side note it doesn't even matter if they leave the party or not, if anyone dies and returns to the lobby, the rank goes down.

Sinue_v2
Aug 30, 2007, 12:04 AM
If someone dies in a mission without a scape doll on the PS2/PC servers, it doesn't affect mission rank. I doubt this is any different for Cost of Research. That part of your story seemed odd.

Erm... Rank isn't affected so long as the party member who died is either resurrected in-game or is left to rot until the stage is cleared. What drops a rank is when you die and go back to town.. which is what that person was doing, hence "lol, brb".

Tigerram
Aug 30, 2007, 01:59 AM
On 2007-08-29 22:04, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Erm... Rank isn't affected so long as the party member who died is either resurrected in-game or is left to rot until the stage is cleared. What drops a rank is when you die and go back to town.. which is what that person was doing, hence "lol, brb".

Yep, exactly.

Dragon_Knight
Aug 30, 2007, 08:35 AM
I remember running into the Maya cake suiciders before the mission requirments changes. You know...the ones that would pop in eat Maya homecooking and die several timesJUST to make the party lose the ranking points.

I remeber one FO doing that out of spite because our team leader had beef with him/her because he/she was following the team around but not actualy doing anything. Niether spamming techs nor healing. This was on an S2 mssion mind you and I was the only other FO in the party.

OldCoot
Aug 30, 2007, 01:09 PM
For these players if you boot them in a normal mission after KO, does this affect the rank? Or if they quit the party will that blow the rank?

HaydenX
Aug 30, 2007, 01:19 PM
I was actually booted by the party leader in HSM C right before the last sample was picked up. Needless to say, I blacklisted the leader.

I also had some guy in my party in HSM C (I was leader) who had died in a previous run and I told him that if he died again I would boot him. First thing he did was switch to fire armor. Second thing he did was charge a kamatoze right as it was casting Dambarta. He then said "!@#% you Ill die if I wanna"

Blacklisted and booted.

Notos
Aug 30, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-08-30 11:09, OldCoot wrote:
For these players if you boot them in a normal mission after KO, does this affect the rank? Or if they quit the party will that blow the rank?

Booting someone when they're dead does not affect rank. I do not know what would happen if they quit the mission when dead.

BigBadWolf
Sep 2, 2007, 07:50 PM
It's amazing how anti-social the PSU community really is. You'd think that since there were so few of us, we would ban together -_-;;

Dragwind
Sep 2, 2007, 08:03 PM
On 2007-08-29 12:26, Xaeris wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Broodstar1337
Sep 2, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-09-02 17:50, BigBadWolf wrote:
It's amazing how anti-social the PSU community really is. You'd think that since there were so few of us, we would ban together -_-;;

People don't realize how few players play this game on both ends.

jayster
Sep 2, 2007, 08:14 PM
Someone did that in a lab recovery run of mine once. They came in, ran to block 3, died instantly without a scape and left. Then I found him on the forums here and he said he had video taped it and was going to put it on youtube :|

OldCoot
Sep 2, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-08-30 11:30, Notos wrote:

On 2007-08-30 11:09, OldCoot wrote:

Booting someone when they're dead does not affect rank. I do not know what would happen if they quit the mission when dead.

Thanks. We still have the death penalty, which I hope is removed for the 360. Seems like if they stay in the party but return to the mission gate, then the rank is affected.

I would think people doing this is only encouraging others to always lock their game. I rarely play without a password anymore.

Urtri
Sep 3, 2007, 02:40 AM
I must be very lucky as this has happened to me only once when i was (and still am) repeating Grove of Fanatics S2 for exp. I had managed to make my way to B3 gone up the steps and taken the rigth telepad some player joins the party and heads straith for the Boss, Dies restarts and quits.

Nowadays thougth i still have open games but mostly in areas that most people nowadays tend to avoid like Holy Grounds, Eastern Peril, Desert Goliath, Tunnel Recapture, etc. If i play anywhere thats quite popular i tend to lock it and only invite people who i know are decent or get invited to

Shiryuu
Sep 3, 2007, 02:44 AM
On 2007-08-30 11:30, Notos wrote:
I do not know what would happen if they quit the mission when dead.

They can't. They can only chat or answer the question while dead.

D1ABOLIK
Sep 3, 2007, 02:47 AM
There have been people joining my locked games lately.I dont get it.Do they sit there and try to guess your password?I did a run in parum last night and locked it with the password 5672,than 10 seconds after i start a guy joins my party.How the heck do you guess 5672 within 10 seconds???I though-oh well thats wierd-and ran the mission with him(actually a really cool guy).Than later i run LL S2.Password 7963.About 1 minute into it some different guy joined my party.What the heck is going on here?Is there something im missing?I always use different passwords so it cant be someone that has ran with me before and remembered the password.

________
Rhode island medical marijuana dispensaries (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

perfectminute
Sep 3, 2007, 09:12 AM
The people don't leave the party when dead, they go back to the lobby and leave.

-Ryuki-
Sep 4, 2007, 04:31 AM
Haven't had that happen to me. Ever.
To be frank, that's really damn childish for someone to purposely ruin the ranks of others
who actually worked hard for it.

"H4h4, 1 r h4xx0rz f0r ru1n16 r4nk5!"

Or something along the lines.

Dragwind
Sep 4, 2007, 05:41 AM
There's no escaping the people who think wasting your time is a joke... hence why people usually have groups of reliable friends. It's the reason why psu is the way it is without more open parties.

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 08:29 AM
"Resistance is Futile!"

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 08:41 AM
Mmmmhmmm.

Having an open party on an S2 rank is basically asking someone to join and eat 2 Homemade Cakes, especially if you're on universe 1.