PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: Hacking reimbursement schedule.

HFlowen
Aug 29, 2007, 08:03 PM
Good old Jake over at Sega has given everyone a Schedule on how to get your reimbursement packages. This is a heads up in case you haven't checked your email lately.

Hello,

We have checked your account and verified that your claims are
reasonably accurate and can now say with certainty that we will be
granting you the compensation item or items you have chosen.

We are making arrangements to hand deliver these items to you as soon as
possible. To do this we will set up a number of hour long windows where
we will be in game and available to trade them to you. Because I am not
sure if we will be ready this weekend (and because it is a holiday) we
will start on Tuesday 9/4. Here are the times we will be available next
week:

Where: See end of post

When:
Tuesday 9/4 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Pacific (Daylight) Time
Tuesday 9/4 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT
Wednesday 9/5 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PDT
Thursday 9/6 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PDT
Friday 9/7 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT
Saturday 9/8 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM PDT

Who: Please look for 1 or 2 GM characters (names appear in blue type).
The character holding your items should have Partner Card ID: See end of post

If for some reason you can not make it any of these times we can set up
additional times the following week to meet with you in game.

-Jake
Sega Support

I removed the Who and Where information for the GMs sake. I'm sure if everyone knew where to go, the GMs would be swarmed with players that don't need to be there. If your claim has been confirmed, then you should have a copy of this email with the edited information.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-08-29 18:04 ]</font>

Reipard
Aug 29, 2007, 08:07 PM
O_o

This is a strategy destined for certain failure. You don't try to organize people for reimbursement like it's an event. You just throw their crap in the database where it's supposed to go and leave them a mail @_@.

I hope this doesn't end up being poorly planned and executed. You don't botch this kind of thing.

CelestialBlade
Aug 29, 2007, 08:10 PM
Let's at least give it a chance. I actually expected them to place items in Common Boxes during the next maintenance like they have with other reward items, but this is interesting. Let's see how well they pull it off.

RegulusHikari
Aug 29, 2007, 08:11 PM
AWESOME IDEA. But, yea, it's not gonna work. It's nice that ST finally took initiative and stood up, too bad it's at a poorly planned time.

Still, some action is better than no action, plus at least they are making some effort. (b'')b @ ST

HFlowen
Aug 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
Yea, I'm still confused as to why they don't manually input the data into our common boxes.

In either case, as long as people who don't need to be there stay away, it should run smoothly.

Reipard
Aug 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
@_@.

They have access to the frickin' database. I simply don't get what brought on the decision to handle it in this manner. It's a waste of resources and creates so much room for stupid errors it's not funny.

HFlowen
Aug 29, 2007, 08:15 PM
I'm actually kinda wondering how 1-2 GM's will have enough meseta on them...lol.

I'm sure alot of people got the 20 mil package or the SPS package.

DikkyRay
Aug 29, 2007, 08:18 PM
The reason they arent doing the common box idea is because of players that no longer play. It would just be alot easier for them to give items to the people that care enough to get their items back

RegulusHikari
Aug 29, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-08-29 18:15, HFlowen wrote:
I'm actually kinda wondering how 1-2 GM's will have enough meseta on them...lol.

I never followed along with this much. Are you trying to say that those who had stolen items could choose from packages like 20 mil or SPS, even if they only lost a mil or so in items?

Please tell me this isn't true.

HFlowen
Aug 29, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-08-29 18:21, RegulusHikari wrote:

I never followed along with this much. Are you trying to say that those who had stolen items could choose from packages like 20 mil or SPS, even if they only lost a mil or so in items?

It's true, Anyone who got hacked that night had access to any of the 5 packages.

Depending on how much you lost, you could pick more than one. Such as in my case, I got to pick 2 packages. Or Nei, who lost things amoung several of his shops, got to pick 4 packages.

Gryffin
Aug 29, 2007, 08:25 PM
On 2007-08-29 18:21, RegulusHikari wrote:

Nope.

It's true..

=[

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 29, 2007, 08:25 PM
What are the Other 3 Pakages? What are all the pakages they could choose?

HFlowen
Aug 29, 2007, 08:27 PM
Package 1: Halarod

Package 2: [B] Twin Bear Claw and [B] Crea Doubles

Package 3: Sonic Statue, Baying De Ragnus, Glaring De Ragnus, Easter Egg

Package 4: Garment Aura, Puyoment Aura, Solid Power S

Package 5: 20,000,000 Meseta

I got 4 and 5 of course. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RegulusHikari
On 2007-08-29 18:24, HFlowen wrote:
Depending on how much you lost, you could pick more than one. Such as in my case, I got to pick 2 packages. Or Nei, who lost things amoung several of his shops, got to pick 4 packages.

Wow. Here I thought my friend who lost his Christmas Tree would just get his Tree back, not a rare A rank unit. >_<

He didn't even sign up since we just gave him one of our extras. Meh... now I'm bitter. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people deserve it... but others...

Crazy_Hunter
THIS....IS....SO...WRONG!!!

HFlowen
Aug 29, 2007, 08:30 PM
Wrong? Yes, the way they handled this could have been much better, but SEGA has never done this before and I applaud them for working this much.

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 29, 2007, 08:32 PM
Not that, I mean, some people dont even deserve that much, some people could have just lost like a little A rank weapon, and they get reimbursed with one of those 5 packages???

DikkyRay
Aug 29, 2007, 08:33 PM
Man i wish i was hacked....

Lucky bastards. I take back my old post. Sega was stupid for those packages

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-08-29 18:36 ]</font>

Reipard
Aug 29, 2007, 08:36 PM
It's not necessarily that they're wrong for doing this at all, but it's like common sense just to put the items where necessary and ping people. If the player doesn't play anymore, oh well.

It's like an hour or two fix at most; especially if you verified what was lost.

But whatever, it's not my game nor is it my time, money or resources being wasted. I hope everyone gets properly reimbursed.

RedX
Aug 29, 2007, 08:37 PM
Then again some people lost stacks of 99 mil, rare boards, etc. and only get those packages to.

About the method i think they're doing it this way because things can be easily stolen from your common box.

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 29, 2007, 08:38 PM
Why cant they just give back what they lost? Instead of giving them what most likely is way better than what they lost.

Minus the hacked weapons of course.

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 29, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-08-29 18:37, RedX wrote:
Then again some people lost stacks of 99 mil, rare boards, etc. and only get those packages to.

About the method i think they're doing it this way because things can be easily stolen from your common box.

Who could legitimately have stacks of 99mil at that point in time?

CelestialBlade
Aug 29, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-08-29 18:18, DikkyRay wrote:
The reason they arent doing the common box idea is because of players that no longer play. It would just be alot easier for them to give items to the people that care enough to get their items back

Quote for truth, I hadn't thought of it that way. If people really don't give a shit about reimbursements, fuck em. They're offering plenty of time slots, so making an appointment is not difficult.

Oh, and the absurdity of the rewards is old news. I was bitter about it too up until a friend of mine told me she'd trade the SPS she was getting for my Me/Quick XD The rewards are a little absurd, sure, but I'm glad to see Sega stepping up to the plate....something they've done a lot of the past couple months.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 29, 2007, 09:31 PM
Yey, I'm gunna get a crea double board without having to do 309573652 runs of LL S. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arika
Aug 29, 2007, 09:35 PM
I will come to see those GMs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kietrinia
Sep 4, 2007, 06:52 PM
Just got my package delivered by the GM "Helper Bot" today....

...except that I had chosen the 20mil as one of my option..and he gives me 19,999,999 meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

*shaking metal cup around* Please help a poor player who was shorted by a GM. T-T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kietrinia on 2007-09-04 16:53 ]</font>

HFlowen
Sep 4, 2007, 07:09 PM
The first reimbursement went very well. there were not too many people crowding the area and everyone got what they needed.

Eggshen from the official forums was also there to see everything went smoothly.

I got to chat with him and Jake for a while. I asked him what exactly the GMs do and he mentioned a few times about planning events and how long and difficult they can be. Also mentioning some take much longer than others. I'm sure some famitsu freaks might have fun interpreting that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The next wave is taking place at 8pm pacific time.

ne1first
Sep 4, 2007, 07:17 PM
Indeed. It was fast and painless. No spammers. I was in and out in 5 minutes. Good job sega.

Totti
Sep 4, 2007, 07:21 PM
Anyone try go for 2nds? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kietrinia
Sep 4, 2007, 08:38 PM
They had a list in front of them, no doubt with a checkbox next to each client ID. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'm just so glad Sega did this for us, having a GM spend their time to give us alot of really important stuff. Be sure to thank them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kietrinia on 2007-09-04 20:13 ]</font>