PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: SEED Awakening S2 - Is it worth bringing scape

pokefiend
Aug 30, 2007, 11:13 AM
I believe the S rank reward for this mission is alittle less than 40k, however still... lvl 110+ monsters at SA seems straining on the scape dolls (especially if you're gonna use a FT).

My question is: are you gonna try to seriously S rank SEED Awakening or are you just planning on doing SEED Awakening for the little possible chance of a 10*, 11* weapon board drop?

beatrixkiddo
Aug 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
I doubt your HP max will be the reason you die a lot in HIVE S2. The megid is the main danger in HIVE.

Jakosifer
Aug 30, 2007, 11:17 AM
S ranking SA S2 can't be that much harder than S ranking normal S...Unless it's like Desert Goliath and Falkis is ten times the bastard that he already is.

AKA: Throwing Mars at you every ten seconds

Oh and...whenever I'm able to play it, I'll probly have ten scapes on me, I don't like being a hindrance to my teamates in any way. Not that having to be revived is actually a hindrance but...eh I'll shutup now.

Kismet
Aug 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
Even though I'm on the PC/PS2 server, I'd suggest you'd bring lots of scapes. A run doesn't just have to have one and only one purpose, you know. It can be for fun AND to gain something worth having (ex: meseta, rare drop, etc).

And in reality, you should always have scapes handy no matter where you go. Not everyone's always going to have the moons/giresta to revive you, or vice versa even. =x

Powder Keg
Aug 30, 2007, 11:27 AM
I hope 360 gets that update soon, because that must really suck ass. The main reason I never did S before the update is because it's possible to blow through like 4 scapes in one room due to the mass foie, megid, and whatever else that place has.

I would have to say no, although it really depends on the team you're in. (which I'm sure is going to cause some trouble on 360) If all players are wasting most of their scapes per run, then it's not even worth it.

McLaughlin
Aug 30, 2007, 12:55 PM
I PM'd Clumsy about the Death patch and all he could say was "Eventually."

I'm not going to bother. I can usually get through most of the HIVE without getting Megid'd, and the enemies don't hit for much (44% Dark Gigush Line). My group of friends don't run that for money, we run it for ubar rarz. There's no point in bringing Scape Dolls. Once we get the patch, the reward is just icing on the cake.

A lot of icing.

Ceresa
Aug 30, 2007, 01:05 PM
It's a 40k reward for S grade. Bring scapes.

You aren't dying over 8 times every single run surely?

Jakosifer
Aug 30, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-08-30 11:05, Ceresa wrote:
It's a 40k reward for S grade. Bring scapes.

You aren't dying over 8 times every single run surely?

It's usually not the mission that kills people off, at least in my experiences. Moreso, it's falkis and his meteor of doom.

pikachief
Aug 30, 2007, 01:53 PM
i want everyone in my party to bring scapes. its 38k, u can get 5 scapes for that and i dont think megid or the meteor will kill u that many times at all, im usually killed by gaozarons and not checking my health, thats usually it.

ashley50
Aug 30, 2007, 01:58 PM
If it's 360...yes, you should. Unless you all want to screw up the team ranking
if it's PC/PS2...optional.

amtalx
Aug 30, 2007, 01:59 PM
If you are dying so much, maybe you should try a lower rank? If I do this mission, I mean business so carry your freakin' scapes and watch your HP. Also, only run this with extremely solid teams...non-capped players need not apply.

Siertes
Aug 30, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-08-30 11:59, amtalx wrote:
If you are dying so much, maybe you should try a lower rank? If I do this mission, I mean business so carry your freakin' scapes and watch your HP. Also, only run this with extremely solid teams...non-capped players need not apply.

Isn't the level requitement 85+? I don't think 5 levels will make that much of a difference...

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 30, 2007, 02:24 PM
Foie from the Goazoran should be the only threat within the area.
If you have a good dark armor, megid shouldn't be able to incapacitate.

-Crokar-
Aug 30, 2007, 02:59 PM
i hope to beat my death recored for fakis s on this. my record is 369 deaths with 3 people good times

Siertes
Aug 30, 2007, 03:01 PM
On 2007-08-30 12:24, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

If you have a good dark armor, megid shouldn't be able to incapacitate.

Shouldn't be able to incapacitate who? Techers? My 44% Dark Yamata isn't good enough.

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 30, 2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, you're right. >.>; I think techers with highest mst are safe from megid by a margin.

Good luck to you other people >3

Rashiid
Aug 30, 2007, 04:02 PM
safest thing to do is hav any light bullet SE:3+ on ya; so technics dont effect you
(at 1st i didnt believe it; but i confused one of tha robots on Train Rescue; and Damfoie when right thru me; not even 0's)

Sekani
Aug 30, 2007, 06:04 PM
Seed Awakening S is enough of a pain-in-the-ass (nine deaths on Fakis alone last run I tried), I don't see how the S2 version is gonna be any easier on the wallet if we decide to all bring scapes.

Tetsaru
Aug 31, 2007, 02:15 AM
Personally, I don't see why people squabble over this issue. Even WITH the removal of the death penalty, anyone who's smart should ALWAYS carry a max stack of scapes on them whenever they can. If you're like me, and pick up all the items you find (regardless of what they are, sell the stuff you don't need and it'll slowly add up) AND sell stuff in your shop for reasonable prices, no one should be complaining about how scapes hurt their wallet. When someone on the team dies without a scape, it causes the other players to shift their attention away from what they're fighting to tend to them. This causes less offense on the enemy, who'll still be around to kill off people who aren't careful, and thus leaves the rest of the team vulnerable. The only people that REALLY should be concerned with reviving someone are force-type characters with Giresta, though I still carry around Moons since not everyone realizes this, and since there isn't always a force in the party.

Imo, if you keep dying, well... either find some better armor, level up, or learn to dodge better. Sorry, but a CAST Fortegunner like myself wasn't designed to be a white mage, lol.

pikachief
Aug 31, 2007, 02:20 AM
On 2007-08-30 14:02, Rashiid wrote:
safest thing to do is hav any light bullet SE:3+ on ya; so technics dont effect you
(at 1st i didnt believe it; but i confused one of tha robots on Train Rescue; and Damfoie when right thru me; not even 0's)

oh really? nice looks like more rifle and less shotty on the gaozarons then! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

landman
Aug 31, 2007, 02:21 AM
I have never played this stage with scapes, I've just played it for fun, and the same will be for S2, I am a Beast Fortefighter and normally deal with a bunch of deljabans, megids are everywhere <.<