PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of a Crea Sword?

HaydenX
Aug 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
I have a Cresaud that I synthed (20% ice). I don't understand what is special about it. Its pp is a little better, but its ATP is crap.

I don't seem to be hitting more than the usual 3 targets for a sword, so does it have something special going for it (aside from its cool looks)?

Esufer
Aug 31, 2007, 12:23 PM
GRIND IT LIKE!

It grinds well.

And yeah.

You can hit well over 9000 targets.

HaydenX
Aug 31, 2007, 12:27 PM
Unless it starts gaining 50 ATP every grind after 6, it doesn't grind that well. Hanzo is better.

Pillan
Aug 31, 2007, 12:31 PM
I heard it could hit a 4th target with the basic combo. Given how difficult it is to even line up 3 targets between the low speed and range of a sword, I really don't see how the extra target is useful.

SoumaAkizuki
Aug 31, 2007, 12:39 PM
Creasaud or Crea Sword? D: They're two different weps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Crea Sword looks like Flowens Sword if you make it Light XD

HaydenX
Aug 31, 2007, 12:39 PM
I was attacking pannons with it (about 5 in line) and only kept hitting 3. I don't think it does that.

Pillan
Aug 31, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-08-31 10:39, HaydenX wrote:
I was attacking pannons with it (about 5 in line) and only kept hitting 3. I don't think it does that.

If that's the case, then it's just a cool looking sword with horrid stats that can only be shown off by humans and Newmans.

BanF
Aug 31, 2007, 12:45 PM
All Crea weapons (and I mean Crea here, no idea about the Yohmei/TENORA models) hit one extra target, kinda like swords and spears (those hit two extra targets). With mobs is not that obvious since the mob needs to be really bunched up, but it can easily be seen with big multi-target critters like Kog Nadds, where you are basically doubling your damage. Note the extra target hit is only with normal attacks, and not with PAs.

I also find the ATA to be excellent for A ranks; I seldom get 0's when attacking anything, just those damn Deljabans.

biggabertha
Aug 31, 2007, 12:49 PM
With the basic combo, crea swords from all three companies can hit four targets. PAs can still only hit their pre-designated targets though. I find these Creaswords most useful on a utility Protranser who isn't concerned about damage but after the effects of the PA while looking REALLY cool.

XDeathX
Aug 31, 2007, 01:00 PM
On 2007-08-31 10:49, biggabertha wrote:
With the basic combo, crea swords from all three companies can hit four targets. PAs can still only hit their pre-designated targets though. I find these Creaswords most useful on a utility Protranser who isn't concerned about damage but after the effects of the PA while looking REALLY cool.

In other words, it's garbage.

Grand_Rider
Aug 31, 2007, 01:59 PM
Crea weapons (the 7* A ranks made by GRM Youmei Corp and Tenora Works) each hit one extra target than their weapon class usually would; sabres hit two targets, swords hit four etc. Statistically they have the equal ATA of their A rank counterpart weapons, yet have half the ATP.

They DO NOT gain any PP when they are ground, besides their distinct aesthetics they are inferior to other 7* A ranks. I use them exclusively for their appearance. Currently on the Xbox 360 server the price for some 7* Crea weapons is laughably high, infuriatingly so in fact.

I wouldn’t pay more than 10 thousand for any of their boards; some in my opinion are worth even less. The boards btw only allow for one weapon to be made from them, unlike the three that other A ranks allow.

Despite all this some people think they can make millions off of them. It’s pathetic.

Jaspaller
Aug 31, 2007, 02:27 PM
Basically for looks. I run with a Light Soda Crea with 4 grinds, it hits 4 enemies at once... My Jogiri (3) has over 150 more atp. I still use the Soda Crea more. IMO the game is based more on looks.

DurakkenX
Aug 31, 2007, 02:41 PM
Actually crea weapons may become awesome in AoI if you think about it...regular hits regen PP therefor if a crea weapon can hit +1 target it will get higher PP regen than other weapons... that is assuming if they continue to use the series and make it better...otherwise they will just be low lvl weak weapons.

BanF
Aug 31, 2007, 03:07 PM
Well, after testing I actually kill faster with my Crea than with any other A rank of the same type, grinds being equal and all, so I stick to my Creas; their high ATA more than makes up for the low ATP, I've found, as another A-rank will get one or two misses (zeros) in its routine while the Creas will get none. The only exception to this is single creatures with a single target area, I do take longer killing those, but the time I saved earlier killing mobs and multi-target creatures makes up for it.