PDA

View Full Version : SO Kanye and 50 Cent's albums have leaked...

DizzyDi
Aug 31, 2007, 07:47 PM
Listening to Graduation as we speak...
Kinda dissapointed. Still a good album so far, I was just expecting something epic. I SURE COULDA DONE WITHOUT THE T-PAIN COLLABO THO.

Haven't downloaded Curtis yet because all the leaked version are either clean, or horribly bad quality. But I HAVE heard the album sampler, courtesy of hiphopdx.com and I gotta say...IT SOUNDS PRETTY GEWD, POSSIBLY EVEN BETTER THAN GRADUATION. Amazing, ain't it?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 31, 2007, 07:55 PM
Reviews/court of public opinion said Mister Vitamin Water formula got pretty complacent for his 2nd (mainstream) album. This one is waves ahead of The Massacre?

DizzyDi
Aug 31, 2007, 07:57 PM
I've only heard the sampler so I can't really give a full opinion on it.
But it goes pretty hard from what I heard. Of course its 50 Cent so there are some weak tracks (Follow my Lead), but mostly is all pretty solid if you're into that kinda music.

FOAtHeart
Aug 31, 2007, 08:13 PM
But what about the people that only like good rap (i.e. Wu Tang)?

THE ABOVE POST MAYBE IS A JOKE

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 31, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-08-31 18:13, FOAtHeart wrote:

Dizzy's post is a joke?

OR u's sentence #1 is a jokey joke?

FOAtHeart
Aug 31, 2007, 08:32 PM
mine lol

TALK ABOUT FAUX PAS AMIRITE

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 31, 2007, 08:33 PM
Hey, Wu-Tang clan ain't nothing to F*ck with.

Get literal!

DizzyDi
Aug 31, 2007, 08:34 PM
On 2007-08-31 18:13, FOAtHeart wrote:

Wu-Tang's album got pushed back to OCTOBER. ):
But in related news, Ghostface did a collabo with some country artists. HE RAPPED OVER YODELLING, I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT. Also the Wu-Tang plans on doing a cover for some Beatles' song. I can't remember which one, something about a guitar or something.

Sord
Aug 31, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-08-31 18:34, DizzyDi wrote:

HE RAPPED OVER YODELLING, I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT.

in most cases, I don't care for rap. I, however, have got to hear this.

DizzyDi
Aug 31, 2007, 09:11 PM
Knowing Ghostface, it probably amazing.

Sord
Aug 31, 2007, 09:21 PM
well, maybe you can help me with something then Dizzy. As I said I don't normally like rap, the one time I generally do, is when it's applied well (or atleast well IMO) with some Electronica/Dance music. A good example would be Gorrilaz in my case.

if you say Linkin Park, I swear I'm going to come after you with a steam roller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DizzyDi
Aug 31, 2007, 09:38 PM
So you like the Gorillaz hm?
Ok so check out Deltron 3030, nobody doesn't like Deltron.
Also look up Grand Ol' Party Crash by Cage, almost anything by El-P, None Shall Pass by Aesop Rock, and I guess it wouldn't hurt to also check out Company Flow and Dr.Octagon.
Some Instrumental albums. Since We Last Spoke by RJD2, Music by Cavelight by Blockhead (Haya knows what I'm talkin about), now I hear Dr. No's experiment is kinda alternative but I haven't listened to it yet so I wouldn't know.

I'll look for some more later.

Sord
Aug 31, 2007, 09:39 PM
well, I actually have nothing else to do right now, so I figure I'll jump straight into listening to these guys.

Deltron 3030, so he was the guy that was mixed into a good portion of Gorillaz. Long as his syllables stick with the beat, I like his music, but when it goes out of sync it's meh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-08-31 19:48 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Aug 31, 2007, 10:03 PM
Deltron Zero is just an alias he created for the 3030 album. His real rap name is Del the Funkee Homosapien, he has like 3-4 albums under that name that you can check out if you want to. Although those are more traditional type hip-hop.

Tell me what you think of the others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-08-31 20:04 ]</font>

Sord
Aug 31, 2007, 10:07 PM
Listened to a couple RJD2 songs, must say I like. I'm a sucker for instrumentalists, synth music or no. Gonna check out Blockhead now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-08-31 20:08 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Aug 31, 2007, 10:13 PM
DON'T SKIP OUT ON AESOP ROCK AND CAGE.

Sord
Aug 31, 2007, 10:54 PM
I won't, I just jump a round, got into reading some stuff atm. I'll check it all out before I hit bed tonight.

Firocket1690
Aug 31, 2007, 11:37 PM
Aw. Damnit. And I was planning on actually buying Graduation, 'cause 50Cent said he's quit rap if he was outsold by Kanye. =/

astuarlen
Aug 31, 2007, 11:40 PM
On 2007-08-31 17:47, DizzyDi wrote:
SO Kanye and 50 Cent's albums have leaked...

Goddamnit, not the new sofa!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shadowpawn
Aug 31, 2007, 11:51 PM
Leaked albums tend to have a few tracks missing from them that the commercials carry. I say wait for the official records then judge.

DizzyDi
Aug 31, 2007, 11:58 PM
Graduation is still dissapointing nonetheless. A few minor bonus tracks won't save it.
Not saying its a bad album though, just not one of those kinds of albums that you can just sit and let play all the way. There are a few skippable tracks and I can't MOTHERFUCKING STAND THAT T-PAIN SONG.

UnderscoreX
Sep 1, 2007, 12:10 AM
Yeh rly, Food and liquor's leak was pretty terrible imo AND WE ALL SAW HOW THAT TURNED OUT.
I'm actually waiting to buy Graduation cause the artwork looks pretty awesome, but i'll probably acquire Curtis by other means.

Any CRS tracks on the Graduation leak ?

DizzyDi
Sep 1, 2007, 09:37 AM
Unfortunately...No. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I wouldn't hold my breath for it either, all three of them are so busy.
Also, the leak is missing a few tracks I think, the two with Mos Def mainly.
Maybe those'll boost it up a little.

Solstis
Sep 1, 2007, 11:06 AM
The Kanye/Daft Punk track gets annoying after 1-2 playthroughs.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 1, 2007, 08:01 PM
On 2007-08-31 20:07, Sord wrote:
Listened to a couple RJD2 songs, must say I like. I'm a sucker for instrumentalists, synth music or no. Gonna check out Blockhead now.

Deadringer by RJD2 has a few tracks with emcees that don't stray too far outside the rest of the album. While Dizzy's mention of his other one Since We Last Spoke is devoid of emcees and is soul/more techno like lyrics here and there and a more chill album all around.

And one of his tracks from Deadringer got whored out into McDonalds commercials now.

DizzyDi
Sep 1, 2007, 11:42 PM
Graduation has grown on me a little bit more. I'm starting to dig it a lot better, but I keep repeating the same songs over & over.
I Wonder, Flashing Lights, Everything I Am, & Big Brother.

UnderscoreX
Sep 2, 2007, 02:10 AM
U dun like Homecoming?! Can't get the hook out of my head. The version i've got has a Mos Def track on it, Drunk adn Hot girls and that seems to be the only one.

DizzyDi
Sep 2, 2007, 02:26 AM
Yeah thats the only one w/ Mos Def.
Yeah...Homecoming is just a re-use of a verse off of an old unreleased track called Home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AleAzWe8rs

Although I do like the Graduation version better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-09-02 00:27 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 2, 2007, 04:02 AM
My friend had some unreleased Kanye stuff years ago, he was the super-biggest Kanye fan I knew.

He cut school, took 3 buses, and loitered around a mall since Mr. West was making an appearance at a Shiekhs shoes store in the bay area (usually shady these Shiekhs shoes stores, don't buy from them) and also brought along his pops old timey VHS camera.

Some promotions guy caught him with the camera and asked him to film the thing since nobody was there to do so, Kanye arriving, signing autographs, walking through the back of the store(kinda like the Through the Fire video), etc. When Kanye got out of his SUV they pulled up in, he was on the phone and not saying nothing but looked over to my friend who had on a the Kanye look pettysportcoat, COLLEGE shirt, backpack too, and gave him the nod of approval. He later figured that was better than some autograph that anybody could get. "Changed my life man."

We watched the tape when he got back. Tape was all in black and white/psuedo colored. And when we saw Kanye step out the car he asked us to guess what color his shirt was since the VHS camera was colorblind and made it look grey, but it was really bright-ass-green he said.

-
And since that wasn't the best story to fit in here, I recently tried to find one of Kanye's previous CD's with the unreleased songs my friend had and the shit is only released in Europe and there's a bunch of shady "buy $20 worth of credits to buy the CD here for $5 in EUROS" sites with all the tracks. Don't want to go and do that.

orrent tays zonday have broken links from years ago with stupid sites that say it is still hosted. My ass.

DizzyDi
Sep 2, 2007, 01:22 PM
I got his unreleased stuff offa ebay lol.
Freshman Adjustment & Early Enrollment. Theres also the Freshman Adjustment 2 that I donnot have.
I'm a pretty big Kanye fan myself.

DizzyDi
Sep 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
Awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleepy.gif

BlackHat
Sep 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
I hate Kanye http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BlackHat
Sep 2, 2007, 01:46 PM
d-^.^-b