PDA

View Full Version : Best way for mission points?

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 04:08 PM
K, I think I'm having trouble leveling my job... I'm nearly level 12 and I'm like halfway to level 2 Force. Does anyone know where I could get some good mission points so I can stop feeling like a noob? Here's some info you might need:

Meseta: ~800
TECHs Learned: Foie, Zonde, Barta, Diga, Rafoie, Rabarta, Radiga, Razonde, Resta, Reverser.
PM: Everything is 1.

pikachief
Sep 1, 2007, 04:14 PM
u could probably head over to the nudaiz gaurdians branch, where people are tehre playing Her Secret Mission.

Gives very good Mission points on all ranks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HaydenX
Sep 1, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-09-01 14:08, Xfireshamanx wrote:
K, I think I'm having trouble leveling my job... I'm nearly level 12 and I'm like halfway to level 2 Force. Does anyone know where I could get some good mission points so I can stop feeling like a noob? Here's some info you might need:

TECHs Learned: Foie, Zonde, Barta, Diga, Rafoie, Rabarta, Radiga, Razonde, Resta, Reverser.

Go to Her Secret Mission on Neudaiz. You need to be in a party of 4...no more...no less. An S rank gives you 10,000 meseta, a couple of grinder base C, and 100 mission points

You accept the mission from the guardians branch on Neudaiz. You'll be a fortetecher faster than you can breathe. Oh, and all of the creatures there are lvl 20+.

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 04:19 PM
So, considering I'm Lv11 right now, would you recommend me getting a bit higher before I try to go get those massive mission points?

Wallin
Sep 1, 2007, 04:26 PM
You will have a little bit of trouble getting a group, but there's usually so many people there that you'll still get one quick, you might get passed up a few times or the group you finally do join may have trouble getting S rank. Even A rank awards 75 points though, I believe.

But the exp is perfect for level 11 in any case, so if you're patient enough to wait like 10 minutes for a group, hopefully one that will end up doing multiple runs, you should be fine.

HaydenX
Sep 1, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-09-01 14:19, Xfireshamanx wrote:
So, considering I'm Lv11 right now, would you recommend me getting a bit higher before I try to go get those massive mission points?

Just try to stay out of harm's way. If you buff your allies and heal them, doing only a little damage won't really irk them. If you want to hand out pain, be sure to bring a couple wands instead of rods, as wands cast faster, but have less PP. Foie isn't expensive by any means, and it is a fast spell on its own. If you foie the gohmons(orange guys that cast the ice spell barta (and sometimes foie when they are fire type) and ageetas (little chicken/lizard-like guys who go down in 1-3 hits even at low lvls) and make sure to just plain run away from the kamatozes(big centaur-like guys with photon sabers [or claws] for arms), you should be all right. The only problem with Her Secret Mission, is that if anyone dies, the mission is failed...oh and you can't use scape dolls either.

DurakkenX
Sep 1, 2007, 04:34 PM
I had a party that had a lvl 1 in it >.> really a 2 higher lvls can get through the entire thing with an s-rank save for a few switches.

HaydenX
Sep 1, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-09-01 14:34, DurakkenX wrote:
I had a party that had a lvl 1 in it >.> really a 2 higher lvls can get through the entire thing with an s-rank save for a few switches.

I imagine that a high lvl fortegunner+fighgunner pair could S it anyway (the fast efficient killing of the fortegunner, meets the tornado dance of the fighgunner)....wait, those switches on the high ledge...hmmm...

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 04:45 PM
If anyone wants to do a run with me it'd be appreciated, I haven't even got a party invite yet...

HaydenX
Sep 1, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-09-01 14:45, Xfireshamanx wrote:
If anyone wants to do a run with me it'd be appreciated, I haven't even got a party invite yet...

2 questions...

1. What version u playing (ps2/pc, or xb360)?
2. What universe are u on? (universe 1 and 2 are the most populous)

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 05:12 PM
Xbox360, 2.

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 05:42 PM
Is everyone SURE they don't want to make a run? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tetsaru
Sep 1, 2007, 08:25 PM
Ah, HSM... personally, I hate that place with a passion. It makes it WAY too easy to class level, especially for newbies. And seeing how there's always tons of newbs trying to level there (or hardcore elitists trying to get rich and/or bitch at everyone), most people don't know wtf they're supposed to do, and end up either getting lost, or easily killed off by that random hidden trap and gun turret in the ground, because they never got their goggles, or that fire-element Gohmon that one-hit-KO'd them with a high level Foie spell, etc...

Just a few words of advice: if you DO decide to spam that place like everyone else, be sure you're in a party that knows what they're doing. Don't hit ALL the switches, as some of them do bad things. Don't touch the fake, red samples, as they blow up in your face. Use your goggles (if you have them... if not, GET THEM) to scan for hidden traps on the first block, so you don't get caught in them and then get shot to death by the nearby gun turrets. And PLEASE, do NOT try to engage in close-range combat with the enemies, especially the Gohmons. Their spells can easily kill you.

If I were you, I'd level the good old-fashioned way: spam De Ragan, and get some good exp and (hopefully) loot as well. That way, you'll avoid causing yourself, and others, some unnecessary grief.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 1, 2007, 09:32 PM
I think that the new De Ragnus co op mission would be a better choice for class leveling, because you can also gain some levels, PA levels, and you can die and still get an S rank as long as you don't respawn in the lobby.

Broodstar1337
Sep 1, 2007, 10:24 PM
On 2007-09-01 18:25, Tetsaru wrote:
And seeing how there's always tons of newbs trying to level there (or hardcore elitists trying to get rich and/or bitch at everyone), most people don't know wtf they're supposed to do, and end up either getting lost, or easily killed off by that random hidden trap and gun turret in the ground, because they never got their goggles, or that fire-element Gohmon that one-hit-KO'd them with a high level Foie spell, etc...

lol who the fuck uses goggles for HSM? If you stick to the sides at the part where there's floor traps, you're golden. If you know the route through the maze (or to be more precise, to the sample), that's worlds faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broodstar1337 on 2007-09-01 20:25 ]</font>

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-09-01 19:32, Shiroryuu wrote:
I think that the new De Ragnus co op mission would be a better choice for class leveling, because you can also gain some levels, PA levels, and you can die and still get an S rank as long as you don't respawn in the lobby.

Where's the De Ragnus Co-Op mission? /newb

Broodstar1337
Sep 1, 2007, 10:33 PM
On 2007-09-01 19:32, Shiroryuu wrote:

Let's review:

On 2007-09-01 14:08, Xfireshamanx wrote:

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 10:35 PM
Let me guess, De Ragnus is some S2 rank mission? >.>

Shiryuu
Sep 1, 2007, 10:44 PM
It's 30 MP for A rank on C. Still pretty easy.

Broodstar1337
Sep 1, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, but it also goes down to C levels as well. But you're not really gonna find anyone for a C run over at De Ragnus anyway; as usual, the new toys are catered to the lvl 90s.

Stick to HSM if you're looking for meseta and mission points. When you get to higher levels, start shooting for exp runs and drops.

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 10:52 PM
One more time... Where is De Ragnus?

And no one ever accepts me for a HSM >.> lol.

Shiryuu
Sep 1, 2007, 10:57 PM
Train Mission (west parum) > Endrum Remenants > Lake Denes > Foran Waterfall (go back where you came from, then select the mission there)

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 11:08 PM
Edit: Nvm...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xfireshamanx on 2007-09-01 21:10 ]</font>

Dragwind
Sep 2, 2007, 11:49 AM
Yes, I recommend heading to up to Foran Waterfalls for the De Ragnus mission rather than HSM. There are many cocky people at HSM, and this mission just isn't as fun.

Imho, I wouldn't even worry about capping your class, just play and let it level naturally. It doesn't really take that long these days with some of the later released missions.

omegatheory
Sep 2, 2007, 12:21 PM
Her secret mission if you want to get bombarded by dumbass newbs, or you can go do some C runs in duel of the ruins... seeing as you get 43 MP and 4300 meseta if you get an S on there... and its pretty fast.

Complex_Jao
Sep 2, 2007, 02:24 PM
STOP DOING HSM GO DO SEABED OR GO RAPPY HUNTING OR SOMTHING BUT STOP DOING HSM noobs...

Complex_Jao
Sep 2, 2007, 02:30 PM
Is it so hard to get MP the right way like all the 50,000 and below?

HaydenX
Sep 2, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-09-02 12:30, Complex_Jao wrote:
Is it so hard to get MP the right way like all the 50,000 and below?

DAMN IT!!!
You are going to tell me that if HSM existed when you were a low lvl, you wouldn't have played it.

Damn you people...stop complaining about HSM.