PDA

View Full Version : AOI: 10* boards would be purchasable?

halcyonstar
Sep 1, 2007, 05:23 PM
I expect this is a rumor as I've never heard anyone else mention it. But I was playing with someone today who was adamaent that 10* boards would be purchasable in AOI. *straps up anti-flame armor*

--
Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-09-01 17:16 ]</font>

Mayu
Sep 1, 2007, 05:24 PM
possible

Unlikely

Zael
Sep 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
Never

Reipard
Sep 1, 2007, 05:26 PM
Nobody knows. Maybe. Maybe not. Unlikely.

Wallin
Sep 1, 2007, 05:27 PM
I'd say no. Unless AoI comes out with a slew of new weapons to make the old ones almost obsolete, it would eliminate rare hunting, which is really all you can do in the game.

Feelmirath
Sep 1, 2007, 05:29 PM
Probably no.

pikachief
Sep 1, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-09-01 15:27, Wallin wrote:
I'd say no. Unless AoI comes out with a slew of new weapons to make the old ones almost obsolete, it would eliminate rare hunting, which is really all you can do in the game.

and with the horrible drop rate it makes the game very boring and tedious. anywyas u act like our current 10*s are the only rares we'll ever have! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Esufer
Sep 1, 2007, 05:50 PM
Eggshen on the official boards (the admin) says:

NO.

Para
Sep 1, 2007, 06:06 PM
On 2007-09-01 15:50, Esufer wrote:
Eggshen on the official boards (the admin) says:

NO.

And good chance its no either way since S-Ranks = S-ranks with the implied meaning that they're high level weapons only available through hunting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Esufer
Sep 1, 2007, 06:22 PM
That's pretty much the size of it. :]

DaRkWoLf30
Sep 1, 2007, 06:24 PM
Could happen but i highly doubt it.

HaydenX
Sep 1, 2007, 06:33 PM
I believe that a special lobby (or maybe a hidden passageway to a hidden lobby) could contain purchaseable s boards. It could be like the kubara store in the HIVE. I believe that it would only be 10-11* though(maybe only Kubara). When we have the level 200 cap, will 10* boards even be worthwhile? I get the feeling we might see 21* items by the end of PSU.

A hidden lobby would probably be good for PSU, because with the randomization of map blocks, maybe only rare maps could lead to a hidden NPC (kinda like bruce or that red cast guy) with an orange uni. transporter right next to him.

halcyonstar
Sep 1, 2007, 06:34 PM
This can close u then. Thanks.

Powder Keg
Sep 1, 2007, 06:59 PM
No one knows positively, but I really doubt it...

I can't see anything 10*+ ever being in an NPC shop.

RegulusHikari
Sep 1, 2007, 07:18 PM
The rare system in AOI should change. If we're going up to 15* (possibly more), the 7-9 category should be considered a normal drop, if only on S2+ missions.

Esufer
Sep 1, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-09-01 16:59, Artea wrote:

The staff made an official statement on the official boards that Sranks would NOT appear in shops.

Powder Keg
Sep 1, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-09-01 17:18, RegulusHikari wrote:
The rare system in AOI should change. If we're going up to 15* (possibly more), the 7-9 category should be considered a normal drop, if only on S2+ missions.

Totally agree. It would be incredibly weak if 7* mats were still considered rare drops. You can buy 7-9 in the shops anyway. I can see it happening, if anyone remembers when PSO went to version 2 common drops weren't ?SPECIAL WEAPON's anymore.

The staff made an official statement on the official boards that Sranks would NOT appear in shops.

Well, that settles that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HFlowen
Sep 1, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-09-01 17:21, Esufer wrote:

Link?

Esufer
Sep 1, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-09-01 17:32, HFlowen wrote:

Link?

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=43486

Eggshen's post there.

Rashiid
Sep 1, 2007, 08:01 PM
then i want an explaination of a 2-Headed Ragnuc. sure cant add Kubara Wood.

HFlowen
Sep 1, 2007, 08:04 PM
On 2007-09-01 17:50, Esufer wrote:

On 2007-09-01 17:32, HFlowen wrote:

Link?

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=43486

Eggshen's post there.

Lol, awesome.

Chaobo99
Sep 1, 2007, 08:11 PM
Highly confused still on how Kubara melee and technic weapons will work..Do you need a Kubara amplifier -_-;;;;.........
Or Can do you find the kubara version of the boards ><?

Rashiid
Sep 1, 2007, 08:14 PM
BulletMaster Recieved:

2-Headed Dragon [B].....Possibly. 11*

Me: "......wtf???"
Party: "...c-....congrats!!!...i think....?"
Me: "....i think i need a nap..."

Esufer
Sep 1, 2007, 08:21 PM
I'd expect to make the kubara version of an S-rank you just replace the wood? I don't have the foggiest idea.

Mayu
Sep 1, 2007, 08:25 PM
<.< Kubara fails :_;

The special effects of each S weapon made into kubara form loses it's ''special effects'' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

- Shi-kikami becomes ummm normal photon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
- Twin headed ragnus lose there Fire? I guess lol
- Hirow/e 10 star bow becoems a normal bow <.<

hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol

- -

Eggshen's post is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-01 18:25 ]</font>

HFlowen
Sep 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
Dunno about the S rank melee losing aura effects or slash effects, i assume it's true though. There are SOME pluses to kubara S ranks. Namely the ability to make weapons that are normally one element, any element (like the Ragnus.) Also the kubara versions do not have Race restrictions (Gudda Honc, Killer Elitec.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-09-01 18:30 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Sep 1, 2007, 08:30 PM
Meh, if they were sold in shops that'd be the only time I could ever get an S rank. Guess I'll be stuck with A ranks even in AoI.

Mayu
Sep 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-09-01 18:29, HFlowen wrote:
Dunno about the S rank melee losing aura effects or slash effects, i assume it's true though. There are SOME pluses to kubara S ranks. Namely the ability to make weapons that are normally one element, any element (like the Ragnus.) Also the kubara versions do not have Race restrictions (Gudda Honc, Killer Elitec.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-09-01 18:30 ]</font>
ah true didn't see that lol

ty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RegulusHikari
Sep 1, 2007, 08:42 PM
as of now

Yes his post is VERY consoling. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
It's pretty clear S ranks won't sell as of now since we can't currently buy them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Esufer
Sep 1, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-09-01 18:30, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Meh, if they were sold in shops that'd be the only time I could ever get an S rank. Guess I'll be stuck with A ranks even in AoI.

Unless the drop rates change.

Which, I'm guessing, seeing as they'll be releasing over 9000* weapons,

10*s will be obtainable with the drop rates of 7-9*s on higher rank missions?

It's all speculation on my part, of course.

HFlowen
Sep 1, 2007, 09:00 PM
Well, we still have 110 character levels to go. I doubt 10*'s will remain impossibly rare forever.

Remember when Crea Sabers were just as rare?

Shishi-O
Sep 2, 2007, 01:38 AM
On 2007-09-01 15:27, Wallin wrote:

the only forseeable mix up is the fact that all manufacturers will have a make for all weapons, tenora 9* dblsbrs *passes out drooling*

Mayu
Sep 2, 2007, 01:41 AM
omg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Can we say

@%#^ GRM sabers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol

Zer0_ConvoY
Sep 2, 2007, 03:30 AM
I honestly think that its crazy to think the only purchasable weps will be useable by folks in their 50-70s for a game that can hit 200, I'm sure they will have high * common weps, by common I mean like tenora axes compared to a bico, hell, its unlikely, but maybe * and rank won't be as connected in AoI, maybe rank will denote power and * denote rarity, like it should, but very unlikely to that point.

Sasamichan
Sep 2, 2007, 05:37 AM
Add this to Stupid rumors.

Rashiid
Sep 2, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-09-02 03:37, Sasamichan wrote:
Add this to Stupid rumors.

psshh this rumor was out the 1st week Crea Doubles were introduced (1st S rank mission ever)

Dragwind
Sep 2, 2007, 11:18 AM
I'm not worried about it. I don't think they'll be purchasable in shops, but I think the drop rates might increase for 10*'s. That's it.

GreenArcher
Sep 2, 2007, 11:25 AM
Some weapons are better with a kubara version in certain situations, example:

Meteor Cannon vs. Meteor Cannoc
Meteor Cannoc has more PP, ideal for using Mayalee Prism

Also if your character is mainly green with some black, a black weapon makes for a nice looking setup http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

relentless
Sep 2, 2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah, agreed to Drag.

Not much of a point setting 'em up in NPCs. xD
Well I guess it is possible much later on in AotI, but still doubtful.
Droprate increase is fine by me, so the hunting time will be actually worth doing it.

Rashiid
Sep 2, 2007, 12:01 PM
On 2007-09-02 09:25, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Some weapons are better with a kubara version in certain situations, example:

Meteor Cannon vs. Meteor Cannoc
Meteor Cannoc has more PP, ideal for using Mayalee Prism

Also if your character is mainly green with some black, a black weapon makes for a nice looking setup http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kubara guns are different; since its a -10% off of Photon Arts for melee.

and we can Kubara-tise S rank guns already.

Kylie
Sep 2, 2007, 12:51 PM
I have mixed emotions about this... it would be nice to have s ranks easier to get, but making the boards purchasable seems way too easy. Plus, I would feel sorry for people that spent months getting their 10* weapon(s).

Rashiid
Sep 2, 2007, 01:10 PM
i dont want them to be in stores and nor do i really believe they will;

i just would like to know how they are gonna do Kubara Melee/Force S ranks Variations.

HaydenX
Sep 2, 2007, 01:25 PM
They didn't officially say that it would never happen, they just said...not right now.

omegatheory
Sep 2, 2007, 01:28 PM
I agree with RegulusHikari... that is IFFF we are going to a 200 level cap w/ 15*+ items. 11* still blows my mind.

omegatheory
Sep 2, 2007, 02:10 PM
PSO player ... just started PSU not too long ago... guess I should have explained that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

RikaPSOW
Sep 2, 2007, 03:28 PM
Since eggshen(site admin) said "s ranks will not be available in shops as of now", so I agree with HaydenX. I still would rather the more "common" S rank drop rates go up instead of being able to purchase them. Just my opinion though.

Shishi-O
Sep 2, 2007, 04:59 PM
as long as I can buy a tenora 9* doublesaber board with sick ATP and put kubara wood in it I am good.

An if they have a tenors s-rank dblsbr that I can do the same? U bet ur ass I will hunt for it.

Soukosa
Sep 2, 2007, 05:04 PM
People who think they're gonna sell S grade level gears in shops need to beat with a duh bat. It's not gonna happen, quit trying to find reasons as to why it will happen.

Also, the rarity's only gonna go up to 15*, don't expect 10* gears to be utter crap because the rarity shoots up rather highly. Most of you will likely never see the higher tier of S grades anyways. They're meant to be rare to give people something to work towards, but I guess not the people that desire easy mode on an online game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

HaydenX
Sep 2, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-09-02 15:04, Sounomi wrote:
People who think they're gonna sell S grade level gears in shops need to beat with a duh bat. It's not gonna happen, quit trying to find reasons as to why it will happen.

Also, the rarity's only gonna go up to 15*, don't expect 10* gears to be utter crap because the rarity shoots up rather highly. Most of you will likely never see the higher tier of S grades anyways. They're meant to be rare to give people something to work towards, but I guess not the people that desire easy mode on an online game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

10* weps aren't even that good to begin with. When the high lvl weps are released, why would you want a Shigga Desta, when you could just use a Shigga Bines(10) until you get Shigga Pakuda. I really don't think that 10* boards being on sale in special, or synthesis shops, is further away than 6 months. Unless of course, they just make 10* boards (or weps themselves) drop like candy.

Reipard
Sep 2, 2007, 05:48 PM
S ranks won't be sold in a shop in Phantasy Star Universe. That much is a fact and that is what I am sure the staff had implied.

Now we know absolutely nothing about what the case will be in Ambition of Illuminus and neither does the US staff. It's a possibility, it may not be likely, but consider that AOI goes up to level 200 and the likelihood does increase.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-09-02 15:49 ]</font>

biggabertha
Sep 2, 2007, 05:50 PM
But but but.. Shigga Desta looks the business and when they finally release S grinders, surely Shigga Desta (10) will be better than a Shigga Bines (10)? Not only that.. Unless you REALLY like the looks of an A rank weapon.. I'd take a much weaker S rank anyday. If I ever get the things to drop after hours and hours of hard work/staring at the screen with a gapin mouth.

omegatheory
Sep 2, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-09-02 15:50, biggabertha wrote:
But but but.. Shigga Desta looks the business and when they finally release S grinders, surely Shigga Desta (10) will be better than a Shigga Bines (10)? Not only that.. Unless you REALLY like the looks of an A rank weapon.. I'd take a much weaker S rank anyday. If I ever get the things to drop after hours and hours of hard work/staring at the screen with a gapin mouth.

Thats a very good point, I being a 44 don't have any S-Grade weaps as of now, but as I grind my A's up and compare them with S's I haven't seen anything that really catches my eye. The only S gear worth wearing in my opinion is the Armor right now.

JinxoOrougeOo
Sep 2, 2007, 06:43 PM
On 2007-09-01 16:33, HaydenX wrote:
I believe that a special lobby (or maybe a hidden passageway to a hidden lobby) could contain purchaseable s boards. It could be like the kubara store in the HIVE. I believe that it would only be 10-11* though(maybe only Kubara). When we have the level 200 cap, will 10* boards even be worthwhile? I get the feeling we might see 21* items by the end of PSU.

A hidden lobby would probably be good for PSU, because with the randomization of map blocks, maybe only rare maps could lead to a hidden NPC (kinda like bruce or that red cast guy) with an orange uni. transporter right next to him.

but if its a lobby wouldnt u be able to

form a party and invite ur friends there

wouldnt be much of a secret then

Shishi-O
Sep 2, 2007, 06:46 PM
true night walkers ground to even seven beat out a rank sabers

HaydenX
Sep 2, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-09-02 16:43, JinxoOrougeOo wrote:

On 2007-09-01 16:33, HaydenX wrote:

but if its a lobby wouldnt u be able to

form a party and invite ur friends there

wouldnt be much of a secret then

I'm thinking a hidden lobby that you could only access by completing certain missions and gettin rare maps. Another thing they could do....well, could they add NPC's that are under lock and key in missions? Maybe not a lobby, but the mission itself.

There could be a red cast guy on the rare map of the HIVE first mission. Like, you see the first 2 Darbelans, then after killing them, there could be a cutscene where a red cast guy climbs onto the walkable platform from underneath and offers services as a thank you for rescuing him. He could have S boards for sale....or maybe some other rare items, like s rank synth mats or other odd items. Maybe these guys could have their own items for sale (special items and things). Not just S ranks, but maybe they could sell otherwise unbuyable items (photonChargeCosmo, Megistaride, already-made Kubara guns, special decos). Even if no S-ranks this way, admit it, this would be a cool thing. Then, after the next monster spawn, and after everyone has stopped buying stuff from the guy, there would be another cutscene which has him running off.

Shishi-O
Sep 2, 2007, 09:48 PM
something like that would be cool.

fearbefore
Sep 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
i remember reading a interview from japan that someone posted and translated back in late December. the interview was from the head person of phantasy star and he said that in the furture they hope to put up to 10* in shops but he didnt say when or it was going to happen. its somewhere on the main site. i dont want to look back that far to find it. but yes thats what sega said but this was along time ago so who know what they willl do it would make sense since their will be weapons absolute to 10* but who knows only sega does.

EspioKaos
Sep 3, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-09-02 20:43, fearbefore wrote:
i remember reading a interview from japan that someone posted and translated back in late December. the interview was from the head person of phantasy star and he said that in the furture they hope to put up to 10* in shops but he didnt say when or it was going to happen. its somewhere on the main site. i dont want to look back that far to find it. but yes thats what sega said but this was along time ago so who know what they willl do it would make sense since their will be weapons absolute to 10* but who knows only sega does.

You don't want to look because...? The news archive is sorted by date, you know? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I would suggest that you find the article in question as opposed to making things up as you go. I've personally done quite a bit of translating for this site, and I don't recall ever translating anything along those lines. I don't think anyone else has, either, as I make it a point to keep up with any news that goes around concerning this expansion.

bagleyboy
Sep 3, 2007, 12:12 PM
Don't forget about that AOI Coding some lucky person got as a room dec during the beta. If i remember correctly, there was a symbol for S5, leading a good chance of S5 weapons existing :/

Rashiid
Sep 3, 2007, 12:14 PM
think that was for missions or sumthin; cause even 13*s were S rank; not S2 rank.

bagleyboy
Sep 3, 2007, 12:22 PM
Missions don't use Symbols. And this is sega, it's easy enough to add a extra star to later weapon ranges.

Rashiid
Sep 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
who knos; in AOi they might; or maybbe where tha lil symbol that says ur in a mission on sumones head will tell what rank they are doing; idk.

BUT there was 13* stars; but it was still 'S' rank

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
I'm hoping that 10*s won't be NPC buyable, but they will be so common that they may as well be. Even if I have to hunt lv150+ monsters for this to happen, I expect that 10*s will drop with a common rate as varistas.

Golto
Sep 3, 2007, 01:57 PM
Only equippable items have the rank icon so the de rol le deco part that was 13* didn't have the icon. So its not known for certain that 13-15* won't be labeled S2. Take in consideration of the 5th set of materials like ork wood. Would they really have two different materials in the same rank (walna and ork)? We know there was wood a=>s and metal a=>s in this version of psu but not released. It is not known if it was only for the ones we have and not including the 13-14* materials.

Leon634
Sep 4, 2007, 08:18 AM
I wonder if in expansion there will be like s3-4 on there that would be sick. like lvl 140 creatures, they sould also make it a little easier to have a 10-12*drop if we are getting up to 15*, btw what will those ranks be like "z" rank or something?

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 08:28 AM
well; my guess is: (for the icons)

You know tha feature that lets ppl know if someone is looking for a party?

well; if missions fdo get S3+; maybe we can make it show what rank we are looking for.