PDA

View Full Version : TECH Question

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 06:12 PM
Does the rod you have equipped affect the amount of health restored by resta?

Also, does it affect buffs/debuffs somehow?

Thanks.

Randomness
Sep 1, 2007, 06:15 PM
I believe it will affect Resta, as they increase TP by different amounts, but not buffs/debuffs, as they aren't based on TP.

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 06:16 PM
Ok, thanks... *buys the lowest rod and puts all buffs on it*

Tetsaru
Sep 1, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-09-01 16:16, Xfireshamanx wrote:

WHOA, I wouldn't have done that if I were you, unless you're just starting out as a force of some sort. Since buff spells aren't really affected by your TP (at least, not to my knowledge), it's best to find a rod with a high PP capacity on it, so that you can cast more of them without having to waste charges. If you can equip A rank rods, I'd suggest looking for a Granarodoc (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1688/granarodoc/) to link all of your buff spells to. As you can see from the database, it has a LOT of PP, especially when it has been grinded, and you can buy the board from the Kubara shopkeeper in the lobby after the Dulk Fakis mission.

Dragwind
Sep 2, 2007, 11:55 AM
Yes, the Granarodoc is highly recommended if you can get your hands on one. Even a Rodoc a bit grinded works very well too.

Umberger
Sep 2, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-09-01 18:00, Tetsaru wrote:

On 2007-09-01 16:16, Xfireshamanx wrote:

WHOA, I wouldn't have done that if I were you, unless you're just starting out as a force of some sort. Since buff spells aren't really affected by your TP (at least, not to my knowledge), it's best to find a rod with a high PP capacity on it, so that you can cast more of them without having to waste charges. If you can equip A rank rods, I'd suggest looking for a Granarodoc (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1688/granarodoc/) to link all of your buff spells to. As you can see from the database, it has a LOT of PP, especially when it has been grinded, and you can buy the board from the Kubara shopkeeper in the lobby after the Dulk Fakis mission.

It's not like you need to buff that often during missions...two 1* Rods will be enough to last through the mission (unless everybody dies extremely often and he feels the need to rebuff every single time). They'll cost a lot less to recharge at cubes too. If he wants to just use 1* Rods for buffing then let him. It's not going to affect him that much, if any at all.

Reipard
Sep 2, 2007, 01:09 PM
1* Rods are nice for buffing, but you might want something a bit more PP heavy. You won't have to buff ALL the time but you'll want more than a few casts handy.

What sucks more than running out of PP for buffs is having to waste a Photon Charge on a 1* Rod to use them.

stukasa
Sep 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
Compare a Rayharod (3* rod) to a Granarodoc. For buffing, PP is all that matters, right? Rayharod has 983 PP and Granarodoc has 1449 PP. Obviously, Granarodoc is better. But wait! Doesn't it cost a lot more to refill PP for A-rank weapons than C-rank weapons? By carrying only two Rayharods, you would have a total of 1966 PP. I don't know what the refill cost of a Rayharod vs. a Granarodoc is, but I think it would be much cheaper to use two Rayharods (not to mention that it's cheaper to buy two Rayharods than to buy one Granarodoc).

Don't hold me to any of this! I haven't actually compared the refill costs, and personally I use a Granarodoc. Still, it might be worth looking into, especially if you're trying to save meseta...

Broodstar1337
Sep 2, 2007, 02:07 PM
I've emptied an entire palette of Ulrods and the cost to refill at a crystal is around the same price as refilling one depleted Howrod. Low level rods are definitely more buff-friendly.

HaydenX
Sep 2, 2007, 03:09 PM
Just say "screw 'em" you should only need to buff 3 times per mission. If they get killed, it's not your problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niloklives
Sep 2, 2007, 03:16 PM
it depends on the mission and how many people are in the group. some missions are not nearly as fast as others. further more depending on the level of th ebuffs, they may not be lasting as long...which means t hey need to be cast more often.

HaydenX
Sep 2, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-09-02 13:16, NIloklives wrote:
it depends on the mission and how many people are in the group. some missions are not nearly as fast as others. further more depending on the level of th ebuffs, they may not be lasting as long...which means t hey need to be cast more often.

It was a joke. Why is sarcasm so hard to get across in THA INTARNETS.

Reipard
Sep 2, 2007, 06:04 PM
Compare a Rayharod (3* rod) to a Granarodoc. For buffing, PP is all that matters, right? Rayharod has 983 PP and Granarodoc has 1449 PP. Obviously, Granarodoc is better. But wait! Doesn't it cost a lot more to refill PP for A-rank weapons than C-rank weapons? By carrying only two Rayharods, you would have a total of 1966 PP. I don't know what the refill cost of a Rayharod vs. a Granarodoc is, but I think it would be much cheaper to use two Rayharods (not to mention that it's cheaper to buy two Rayharods than to buy one Granarodoc).

Don't hold me to any of this! I haven't actually compared the refill costs, and personally I use a Granarodoc. Still, it might be worth looking into, especially if you're trying to save meseta...

I think 983 PP alone is completely sufficient for buffing. If you want more you can grind it really easily.

Niloklives
Sep 2, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-09-02 15:27, HaydenX wrote:

On 2007-09-02 13:16, NIloklives wrote:

It was a joke. Why is sarcasm so hard to get across in THA INTARNETS.

cause...

mvffin
Sep 3, 2007, 03:37 AM
i use 1*rod +10, and i never run out before the cube. its something like 1100 pp.