PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Is this new Chatpad thing compatible with PSU?

toxic_rf
Sep 2, 2007, 09:55 AM
I assume it is, as it works the same way as a USB keyboard, but I'd rather get word from someone who has one and knows it does/doesn't work for sure.

For those who are thinking "wtf?", Xbox 360 Chatpad. (http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-B4N-00001-Xbox-360-Messenger/dp/B000UN3UDQ) It's like a little keyboard you plug into your controller.

Esufer
Sep 2, 2007, 10:07 AM
Can't see why it wouldn't.

I'm just guessing it replaces the USB keyboard functionality.

toxic_rf
Sep 2, 2007, 11:15 AM
Cool. I can't see why it wouldn't work either, but I thought I'd throw the doubts out there before spending the money on it.

I may be a keyboard and joypad veteran (been using the combo since PSO on the Dreamcast...), but this looks to be slightly easier, allowing you to keep both hands on the controller while typing. With PSU being a bit faster paced, I like to retain as much control as possible!

omegatheory
Sep 2, 2007, 12:22 PM
Yes, it works fine... its a little faster, but not as fast as having a keyboard... just imagine text messaging with your phone... unless you have really tiny fingers, then I guess it could be a keyboard for ya!

BanF
Sep 2, 2007, 01:21 PM
I want one, since I keep misplacing my wireless controller when I put it down to type on the USB keyboard >_>

omegatheory
Sep 2, 2007, 01:27 PM
I have one... it's pretty good, but I wouldn't recommend it for lengthy conversation use, unless your ok with typos.

Omega_Weltall
Sep 2, 2007, 01:45 PM
better than the texter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ThEoRy
Sep 4, 2007, 09:47 PM
mini bump.

any word on compatibility with psu for the chat pad? I don't see why it wouldn't work, just curious about it b4 I take the 30$ plunge.

Kent
Sep 5, 2007, 08:16 AM
I picked up a ChatPad yesterday, and the first thing I tried was PSU.

...And it does not work with PSU, at all. It only seems to work with the guide and IM functions of the system, which kinda sucks. :/

Anduril
Sep 5, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-09-05 06:16, Kent wrote:
I picked up a ChatPad yesterday, and the first thing I tried was PSU.

...And it does not work with PSU, at all. It only seems to work with the guide and IM functions of the system, which kinda sucks. :/

Glad I decided to get a keyboard instead of waiting for this to come out. You would have figured it would work but I guess that PSU use wasn't really on the minds of Microsoft so they didn't bother to make it work with it.

PALRAPPYS
Sep 5, 2007, 02:10 PM
Oh wow it can't work with PSU? Stupid.

I'll probably still pick one up tonight. But... that is very stupid. Come AoI maybe? *doubts*

BFGfreak
Sep 5, 2007, 05:04 PM
Well, there's supposed to be an update for the dashboard on the 10th, who knows, it could incorperate the chatpad for PSU, or maybe Sonic Team will release a patch for it.

ThEoRy
Sep 5, 2007, 05:15 PM
[grinds teeth]...

razkal
Sep 6, 2007, 11:09 AM
Anyone else try it on their 360PSU?

Esufer
Sep 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
Does it work on Halo 2 and such?

that NEEDS keyboard support >_>

SiGeL
Sep 6, 2007, 12:04 PM
^ Was one of my beefs after getting used to PSU and a KB. I'd guess not, since you can't use the 360 features while playing an old Xbox game.

kevington
Sep 6, 2007, 12:39 PM
I've read on other forums that the chatpad also doesn't work on FFXI. There's a dashboard update coming this week and one of the rumored features is chatpad support. So maybe it'll work on games after that.

pikachief
Sep 6, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-09-06 09:14, Esufer wrote:
Does it work on Halo 2 and such?

that NEEDS keyboard support >_>

LOLOLO i jsut PWND soem N00bzzz!!1!!1!!

(best part is the the spell check on my PC didnt spell check "N00bzzz!!1!!1!!" but it did for every other "word" in that sentence XD)