PDA

View Full Version : Weapons from enemies(Not just rare ones)[EXTRA MODE]

Saligun
Sep 2, 2007, 11:45 PM
In PSO after you killed most enemies many of them droped a weapon on a fairly regular basis but in PSU weapon drops seem to be fairly rare,and i'm not just talking about rare weapons,i mean even comman weapons are rarely droped by enemies,why do you think it is that even comman weapons are rarely found on dead enemies?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-09-02 22:10 ]</font>

Xaeris
Sep 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
IBGobacktoPSOnub

Seriously though. In PSO, even common weapons could come in vast varieties. There were several special effects, 5 different places for %s of differing values and more types of weapons. ...Well, I'm not sure about that last one, but I can't be bothered to go and count right now. Point is, a weapon could drop and it'd be feasible that you'd never find another one like it.

Here, in PSU, there are only so many different kinds of rapiers. You have 6 elements, and 15 possible % values. If they did program them to drop commonly and randomly, there'd be no point to the synthesis system they set up. Which, quite frankly, isn't that bad a thing if you ask me.

AzureBlaze
Sep 2, 2007, 11:56 PM
To keep people from getting good money & to encourage synth/trade.

There was a fuss about this before the game came out. Everyone was used to everything dropping (as you said) so it raised some curiosity that they were changing their ways. It was later made apparant that ST did it so that people would be encouraged to use their PMs to synth custom armors/weps and sell it to other players in their shops. If you could just find everything (even if neutral) like in PSO, out of enemy-drops, no one would be THAT inclined to buy from players unless the % was astronomical.

This did backfire on them.
No one buys anything ANYWAY (lowgrade) unless the percent is high, or they use the NPC shops. Their kruddy NPC buyback pricing is also another *encouragement* of player to sell to player, but it also wreaks havoc with the 'actual' (not haxeta infused) economy because there's no real good quick way to make a lot of dough. Also it phails when the population isn't too good (pc/ps2) for obvious reasons.

Saligun
Sep 3, 2007, 12:07 AM
Weapons i have found...
A few SABERS&HANDGUNS(Liner Line)
And a few POWERGUNS(Ruins)
And a few SHOTGUNS(Moatoob)
also a BRAND(Parum)
also a DAGGER type weapon and a BOW class weapon(Neuiza)plus the TENGOH BOW.

They have all been C grade weapons(except the TENGOH BOW)...

But all this weapons represent over 500hrs of extra mode play and and are spread out over my 16 different characters saved on 4 different memory cards.

But there is a upside to this i guess,in PSO you could find a dozen sabers in a forest run an it wouldn't mean much but in PSU if i found even one saber i would call it a rare find,(and it's not even a rare weapon).Weird huh?

D1ABOLIK
Sep 3, 2007, 04:20 AM
On 2007-09-02 21:50, Xaeris wrote:
IBGobacktoPSOnub

Because PSO pwns this game.Thats why.

________
Medical marijuana dispensaries (http://www.youtube.com/dispensaries)

Saphion
Sep 3, 2007, 07:09 AM
On 2007-09-03 02:20, D1ABOLIK quite rightly wrote:
Because PSO pwns this game.Thats why.

Jet1337
Sep 3, 2007, 07:24 AM
Damn straight!

Esufer
Sep 3, 2007, 10:51 AM
Why the hell would a monster keep sabers inside it's corpse?

Saphion
Sep 3, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-09-03 08:51, Esufer wrote:
Why the hell would a monster keep sabers inside it's corpse?

Legal reasons.

relentless
Sep 3, 2007, 02:55 PM
Extra mode?xD
To answer your question: ..because it is not PSO.. but guess what? It is PSU!
Oh well.
Ah and, in extra mode it doesn't really matter if monsters drop their weps more often or not.
The ones they drop you can buy in the NPC shop anyways and the money they drop offline surely makes up for that purpose. xD
Bleh.. 40k meseta in 10 mins. <.<
And 3 capped chars in 1 week. -.-

MSAksion
Sep 3, 2007, 10:27 PM
Speaking of weapon drops why the heck do i i find 3* weaponry drops when i'm already lvl 85+ - what would i do with a 3* weapon that i outgrew over 70 levels ago?

Honest i see some lvl 30 people running around with A rank weaponry - making all the B and C weapons completely useless. its so friggin easy to level up in this game because the monsters are very very easy and the game isn't exactly challenging.

The fact that lvl 30s with high job levels can equip A rank stuff - i was wondering how to fix this so that people will be FORCED to used Low level swords.

The answer is Level Limitations. Lets say its a 7* sword- well you gotta be level 70 to equip it AND have the ATP to use it. That's the only reason why i would think someone would even bother to use a 3* if they already can equip a 9* >_>