PDA

View Full Version : Quick Poll : Bysha type-Otsu32 should they be changed

Urtri
Sep 3, 2007, 05:27 AM
Basically These things get rigth up my Exhaust Pipe (my mains a Caseal ok) when iam lvling on Grove of Fanatics S2 as it seems that they can do a lot of things that can really annoy people like shooting fireballs though Walls, almost always inflicting Burn (even with STA at 15) and causeing more aggro then they should be capable of.

So iam asking what do you think sega should do.

Aka
Sep 3, 2007, 05:56 AM
Fuck yes! Someone feels my pain. I absolutely hate these things. They spam foie way too much and when facing a bunch of them in a room where they can shoot through walls, it absolutely infuriates me.

Jet1337
Sep 3, 2007, 07:22 AM
Lol Killershot

Esufer
Sep 3, 2007, 08:43 AM
On 2007-09-03 05:22, Jet1337 wrote:
Lol Killershot

Otis_Kat
Sep 3, 2007, 09:15 AM
Killershot doesn't work when you're dead.

Broodstar1337
Sep 3, 2007, 09:33 AM
Nothing works when you're dead. What's your point?

DikkyRay
Sep 3, 2007, 09:37 AM
Step 1: Play with party.
Step 2: Bitch when you die and blame your party for not healing you, because you totally cannot heal with a mate. What is this, PSO?
Step 3: Get revived.
Step4: Repeat steps 1-3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-09-03 07:43 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 3, 2007, 10:50 AM
Killer Shot may be a good idea, but not everyone is a class that can use a rifle. But there's also Megid, Anga Dugurega, and Tornado Dance to keep them down.

stukasa
Sep 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
I find it annoying having to Reverser myself over and over, other than that I haven't had many problems. I don't think the game is that hard to begin with so I don't think they should be made easier. Maybe just remove the shoot through walls thing, that's about it.

CelestialBlade
Sep 3, 2007, 11:26 AM
Make them even harder, I don't care. But come on, honestly, their Foie is not hard to dodge and we get Killer Shot. No room to complain when we get 252 EXP for a couple of Rifle shots.

JC10001
Sep 3, 2007, 11:44 AM
The shooting through the walls thing annoys me. They should change that.

After a while you get used to them and you get better at dodging their foie but to have it come through the wall where you can't even see it coming isn't fair.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2007-09-03 09:46 ]</font>

Rashiid
Sep 3, 2007, 12:03 PM
Burn / Resist

`nuff said.

Sol-Edge
Sep 3, 2007, 12:03 PM
Those things piss me off! also there are way too many enemies that spit Fire in this game. I can't wait to see if AOI balances out enemies out alot more.

Schubalts
Sep 3, 2007, 01:17 PM
Stop talking about Killer Shot. Everyone is NOT a rifle using class.

I vote get rid of the wallhacking they do.

Kion
Sep 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
I haven't played there in a while, they take 1/2 damage from melee attacks right? Other than that a gunner with with killer shot, megid or zonde techs completely destroy them. if you're a FF of fg I highly advice against doing the mission with out support. The mission is hard as hell, but in a team i's really fun working together. just nerf the foie glitch.

Jet1337
Sep 3, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-09-03 11:17, Schubalts wrote:

LoL, sux 2 B U! XD

Tetsaru
Sep 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-09-03 07:33, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Nothing works when you're dead. What's your point?

Scape dolls work when you're dead... which is why EVERYONE should carry them. :3

But yeah, the Foie-through-the-wall thing IS kinda annoying, though I worry more about the ones the mage chicks cast. =/

And if you're not a FG with Killer Shot, I suggest teaming up with a friend who is, or maybe a FT with Gizonde or Megid (as well as support spells), so you can run the mission a LOT easier. Trust me - from personal experience, it's not worth it to solo S2 missions (except maybe Plains Overlord, due to all the "hiding spots"). It takes too long, and it burns your savings up fast. I once went broke trying to fund myself when hunting the Degahna Cannon, and THAT wasn't fun... >_< Also, it's easy to get frozen or stunned in that place, and even more so burned. If you're one of those people who complains about scapes being expensive, then I definitely wouldn't solo Grove. =/

CelestialBlade
Sep 3, 2007, 02:07 PM
I bring up Killer Shot because not every mission seems to be geared towards every class. I consider Grove of Fanatics to be very much a Ranger-type mission, maybe even a Force-type, but definitely not a Hunter-type. There are missions where certain classes have advantages over others, and it's pretty well balanced throughout.

One thing those robots are good for, though: teaching you how to dodge.

BanF
Sep 3, 2007, 03:41 PM
Heh, player shots can also go through walls, and in fact some use that tactic extensively in RELICS, the Train and the Temple, so I don't see that as an issue.

Also, my Hunters have little problem with those guys. Any PA that throws them about will stop them, plus there are these little things called antimates, of which you can carry 20, and Sol Atomizers (another 10), plus three different kind of healing mates of which you can carry up to 60.

Also, you can dodge and keep lively.

Go prepared or don't go at all. I can guarantee you whining about mobs you can't deal with won't make the problem go away.

Mayu
Sep 3, 2007, 03:42 PM
<.< Anti FF :_:

nerf the wall shoot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif! lol

landman
Sep 3, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-09-03 13:41, BanF wrote:
Also, my Hunters have little problem with those guys. Any PA that throws them about will stop them, plus there are these little things called antimates, of which you can carry 20, and Sol Atomizers (another 10), plus three different kind of healing mates of which you can carry up to 60.

You forgot about Perolimates, different juices, cakes, Hot Dogs, Sandwiches, burning spicia... that last one better not

Jet1337
Sep 3, 2007, 06:38 PM
It's called a Perorimate.

Gen2000
Sep 3, 2007, 09:15 PM
The only class that has the right to complain are Fortefighters, every other class does massive damage, can instant kill them, or cause confuse/infect on them to make their wall hacking a minor annoyance. fFs are fighting an uphill battle the moment the mob spawns.

Wall hacking needs to be nerfed for those S2 Grinna Beat in Endrum more than the puny Foie from crappy Otsu32s. They can literally fire from one room over and still hit you, what the hell.

F-Gattaca
Sep 3, 2007, 09:17 PM
You have not felt pain until you have tried to fight Seekers/Tirentos solo.

THOSE CRUISE MISSILES FOLLOW YOU ANYWHERE. Two hits and I'm GONE.

(And yes, I use Killer Shot.)

You know; the Byshas are weird.

Has anyone noticed how the guard machines from the other planets follow the "elemental motif?"

Parum seems to identify with Lightning, Moatoob with Ground and Fire, and Neudaiz with Ice.

GSM-05 series guard machines have a form of lightning attack; at least the Bomaltas do. One of the Ghoma machines has a flamethrower.

Bysha machines don't have an ice attack though. I guess it's because of the armed servants.

What do you guys think about this: replacing Bysha foie shots with a Barta-type attack that can't go through walls, and have the guard servants use different TECHNICs based on what their enemies are wearing?

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 3, 2007, 11:18 PM
Fix the foi-through-walls thing of course. But I say just nerf the robots' HP so killer shot wouldn't be so damn necessary, so that other people aren't simply relegated to the role of just protecting whoever uses KS.

Tigerram
Sep 3, 2007, 11:22 PM
Indeed, remvoing them from firing through the wall is the way to go.

Mayu
Sep 3, 2007, 11:28 PM
The only role of a FF of that place (GOF)

Is to kill the boss http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<.< oh and umm well yeah the newman people if people like that map of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 08:43 AM
On 2007-09-03 11:17, Schubalts wrote:

Switch to ranger for that mission then.
Not expensive. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyone can killer shot well.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 4, 2007, 12:29 PM
Foie through the wall is very annoying, they need to get rid of that. And they abuse it so much. They deserve killer shot to the fullest.

Remember, you can use the stair trick to kill them too.