PDA

View Full Version : The Official "OMG, Wubbie is coming back!?" thread

Wubbie
Sep 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
Though this may be the wrong forum, this is where I claim my 'hangout' so I shall post here.

Wubbie (who most of you probably do not remember, at all.) is returning to PSU PS2/PC US servers with... /shock... a new character (Male Newman Guntecher with the name Wubbie, just so you fanboi's know...)

I do, however, wish to acquire information...

State of servers: (hacks, enconomy, etc.)

and

What is now the quickest way to level? What missions will I be doing over and over again, simply changing the rank as I advance?

For those who don't know... I quit in May of last year, before even advanced jobs... gg hacks, they turned me away.

DikkyRay
Sep 3, 2007, 02:17 PM
You guessed it!
This IS the wrong forum!!!!!
But meh, it seems like this is the new place to put these kinds of threads, so you don't win the grand prize.

Hacks- Yep. We got em. And now with all the weapon hacks, its a matter of time before we degrade to PSO again. Economy is still kinda fucked up. Not bad by any means, but people are still retarded it seems when it comes to prices. Monomates are not worth 10000. 1000 maybe but not 10000

Level? For leveling its usually CB (crimson Beast. Its at raffon lakeshore) it seems. For MP you should do HSM (Her secret mission at the neudaiz guradian base). But you will find that many people will bitch and whine about that mission, so be ready with old friends.

Wubbie
Sep 3, 2007, 02:19 PM
Weapon Hacks, OH BOY!

DikkyRay
Sep 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
Well, its not like people are spreading them out...yet.
But alot of people know or have seen someone with at least 1 or 2 hacked weps. Its a matter of time before Sega just doesnt care anymore and lets hackers run free

Sol-Edge
Sep 3, 2007, 02:28 PM
Where the hell is this proof that the hacked weapons are back!? If you want to know the reason why so many more S ranks are being used and found it's because more S ranks have been released. We also have been getting a lot of Level 3 luck days and more people have been hunting like crazy. Aside from the recent "Repca" rumor theres no weapon hacking going on as far as I know. Show me this proof, please.

DikkyRay
Sep 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
The fact that a few people have 12* weapons. Not everything was wiped when Sega supposedly "cleared" the hacked weapons.
Also THE JACKAL even said that he has firsthand evidence that there is a new way to hack weapons. And he is apparently the number 1 man who knows his stuff. But please, this topic is to help the OP, not to argue about hacked weapons and such.

relentless
Sep 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
On 2007-09-03 12:13, Wubbie wrote:
Though this may be the wrong forum, this is where I claim my 'hangout' so I shall post here.

Wubbie (who most of you probably do not remember, at all.) is returning to PSU PS2/PC US servers with... /shock... a new character (Male Newman Guntecher with the name Wubbie, just so you fanboi's know...)

I do, however, wish to acquire information...

State of servers: (hacks, enconomy, etc.)

and

What is now the quickest way to level? What missions will I be doing over and over again, simply changing the rank as I advance?

For those who don't know... I quit in May of last year, before even advanced jobs... gg hacks, they turned me away.

lol zomfg oh yes, a stranger came back to us, let's celebrate!(=X)
Oh well... welcome back. o.0 (who are you?)
Hope you'll get along with the game again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (hello no... WHO ARE YOU?!)

Hacks:
There should be glitches around which is nothing compared to hacking but sometimes still annoying, and I guess all of the hackers aren't gone but it got much better since the era of hackers.
If something new shows up like people getting Tails decorations or whatever new items will be set up, it's possible for hackers to *plop* be active again, however, the idiots till now got banned I guess. xD
Or whatever happened to them, it's peacefuler than before imo.~

Economy:
No new haxeta anymore, however, the old haxeta which was created before the "wipe-out the hackers and hacked illegal items"-time is still there.
But people are much more careful with their money now and I guess the prices in player shops are lowered a bit compared to the hacker-era. (doesn't mean that people still overprice items, especially setting up higher prices than the NPC shops have is still popular)

Etc.
Come back, PSU is much more enjoyable now.
Good missions, the content is enough.
It's easier to lvl in general (yourself, classes etc.)
A bunch of new stuff since you left anyways, most of them are positive aspects, too.

lol Umm.. depends on what lvl you are.
I don't know as a lowbie.
But I guess you can do crappy C rank missions till a certain lvl (for eample lvl 15) and then go over to the Neudaiz GUARDIANS Branch where you can do the mission "Her Secret Mission" which gives a cowardly amount of mission points and meseta. (too unbalanced, newbies and noobs get cocky that way)

For most of the other lvls, go to the hot spots. xD
Dunno.. Cost of Research (Kugo Hot Springs), Duel in the Ruins (Foran-WaterFall), Her Secret Mission (at Ohtokus GUARDIAN Branch, even high lvls do the mission to lvl their job lvls extremey fast) and whatsoever.

WELCOME BACK YOU STRANGER! (Don't you stalk me, or I'll stalk you)

HFlowen
Sep 3, 2007, 02:36 PM
There are no "new weapon hacks."

Supposedly some people kept a low profile and held on to some weapons in storage and waited for them to become "legit" again to take them back out.

Stop spreading rumors.

DikkyRay
Sep 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
And where is your proof?
Hate to break it to you, but Hacking happens all the time. in EVERY ONLINE GAME OUT THERE. Doesn't matter if they fixed the "bug", a new way to hack is found. If you are niave enough to believe that hacking doesnt occur, be my guest.

Wubbie
Sep 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
Thank you Sekai, awesome post!

Hacks are definitely one thing that scares me, I definitely don't wish to see Broo or Nugz in game (ugh, PSO days... /cry)...

It's funny, the Soundtrack came on through iTunes party shuffle and I began to shed tears, so I must come back... Great times.

Sadly, I think all my friends have moved on already, any people running alts with open groups or anything like that? or am I SOL until I meet some new buddies?

F-Gattaca
Sep 3, 2007, 02:42 PM
Wait, May of last year?

relentless
Sep 3, 2007, 02:43 PM
The fact that a few people have 12* weapons. Not everything was wiped when Sega supposedly "cleared" the hacked weapons.
Also THE JACKAL even said that he has firsthand evidence that there is a new way to hack weapons. And he is apparently the number 1 man who knows his stuff. But please, this topic is to help the OP, not to argue about hacked weapons and such.

No, you say... "THE JACKEL"
Umm, aren't you arguing about them right now?
No one cares about new ways of hacking weapons, but thanks for telling us this... if it is even true <.<
How can you say "The fact that a few people have 12* weapons."?
That's nonsense. It's not a fact, maybe people are just getting their reward for hunting all the time?

You're being pessimistic saying the economy is still fu****.
No need for complainations about the game right now. I think ST is trying to make the game better which they noticable did, and the game will be even more enjoyable in the expanion so stfu.

Esufer
Sep 3, 2007, 02:46 PM
OH MY GOD FANTASTIC
I'm so glad you're back man!!!

Sol-Edge
Sep 3, 2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, Welcome back.

CelestialBlade
Sep 3, 2007, 03:23 PM
Welcome back.

There are no hacked weapons.

Duel in the Ruins or HIVE seem to be the hotspots right now. Have fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lamak
Sep 3, 2007, 04:02 PM
Duel in the Ruins, Cost of Research, and Hive are the hotspots at the moment.

VanHalen
Sep 3, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-09-03 12:46, Esufer wrote:
OH MY GOD FANTASTIC

Yes welcome back! How are the kids?

-Ryuki-
Sep 3, 2007, 04:53 PM
Welcome back!

Flwl3ssCowboy
Sep 3, 2007, 05:12 PM
high level monsters have been tuned down a bit, I find it easier to not get raped

lots of people are doing that new De Ragnus quest/Hive S2

Welcome back (stran-guh)

Shadow_Wing
Sep 3, 2007, 05:40 PM
Things are much better now than it was before. The hackers are mostly gone, or at least gone from main stream to something considerably more underground. I too returned quite recently, 2 weeks ago infact, and I'm enoying myself quite greatly, you might find some old friends, I did, but also making new ones isn't a bad thing either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 3, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-09-03 12:43, SeKaI wrote:

Also THE JACKAL...

No, you say... "THE JACKEL"

LOL thank you!

Anyways, there are rumors of new board hacks

but it is definitely true that if you left them in storage they were not wiped, so it's just as easily that. Most of the, let's screw everything up hackers don't even play anymore, it's mostly just hackers that keep to themselves now, as far as I know.

Either way, there's like 800 people max on PC/PS2 servers, the game is going to hell, and i don't much care for it anymore. I do like 3 runs every few days or so, in the mean time, I play "Sword of the New World" which is completely free so yeah.

THE JACKEL

Wubbie
Sep 3, 2007, 09:57 PM
I ment May of this year... I apologize for the "outrageous, un-noticeable" time mistake.
"THE JACKEL" Sword of the New World I did not enjoy... I miss my PSU, I had great times here, some that almost top my time spent in the multitude of PSOs.

and I thank EVERYONE for the extremely sarcastic "OMG, Thank god your back!" posts... But the kids? Oh yeah, they're good. ^_^. I'm really not known on PSU, though I hung out in the PSU-JP IRC chat for ever... Is that still around?

Kion
Sep 3, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-09-03 12:13, Wubbie wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=150556&forum=22&23

Duel in the ruins, her secret mission, and price of research are going to be hoptspots where it's easy to find parties atm.

Wubbie
Sep 3, 2007, 11:00 PM
Awesome Link, Kion... Thank you very much!

You guys have been very helpful (minus the whole, "zomg go XB360 cause there are weapon hacks!" wars...) and I can't thank you all enough... Instead of going to buy a new PS2 (since mine is currently in State College, PA with a brother.) I'm gaining one that has a simple problem with it... Who knows, maybe I can start playing this week... /cheer.

Tigerram
Sep 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
Weclome back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kylie
Sep 5, 2007, 09:29 AM
Dunno who you are, but welcome back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

omegapirate2k
Sep 5, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-09-03 12:46, Esufer wrote:
OH MY GOD FANTASTIC

I agree with this statement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-09-05 09:50 ]</font>

Wubbie
Sep 5, 2007, 02:45 PM
That statement envolves a lot of sarcasm that I cannot sense... doesn't it... -.-.

relentless
Sep 5, 2007, 02:48 PM
I did my thing already. ;p

Now I only need to get back myself.
Don't listen to other people if it annoys you, just ignore 'em. If you don't, it will keep coming to ya.lolz