PDA

View Full Version : So, how bout them Crea guns and wands

Skye-Fox713
Sep 4, 2007, 06:13 AM
I'm going to try and make this a combination discussion/poll and see how far it goes.

This is just a thought that came across my mind and it is about those Crea weapons, as in the Crea Sword, Saber, Dagger, Twin Dagger, Twin Saber series of all 3 companies. Their all hand-to-hand weapons so i was thinking that Sonic Team should make a gun and wand series of the Crea weapons.

and before you read any futher you should note that this is only an IDEA that crossed my mind at 3:30 am on a tuesday morning.

And if they do the gun and wand Crea weapons would probably be...

Guns:
Handgun
Twin Handgun
Rifle
Machinegun

Wands(casting):
Rod
Wand

The names for the new Crea weapons might look like this.
(handgun)
Crea Handgun (GRM)
B'duki Crea (Tenora)
Pistacrea (Yohmei)

(twin handgun)
Twin Crea Handgun -grm
Arb Crea -tenora
Ryo-Pistacrea -yohmei

(rifle)
Crearifle -grm
Creahoh -yohmei
(seince tenora works dosn't have a suffix for rifle i don't know what the name would be)

(machinegun)
Crea Machinegun -grm
Magga Crea -tenora
(unknown suffix for Yohmei)

(wand)
Crea Wand -grm
Creara -tenora
W'gcrea -yohmei

(rod)
Crearod -yohmei
(nither GRM or Tenora has a suffix for rod i should not give them names but below this section i will give names to those that do not have suffixes and try to give them proper names)

wepons without suffixes and i will now try to give them proper names so that they don't sound awful)

The Tenora rifle could be named: Ril Crea
The Yohmei machinegun could be named: Mine-Crea
The GRM rod could be named: Crea Rod
The Tenora rod could be named: R'gcrea

I might later design these weapons for fun to see how they turn out.

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 06:18 AM
lol; 2 foies comming out so i can hit 2 targets at once.

this was the 1sst thing that popped in my head when Crea's were 1st introduced.

'what about the non-hunters?'

Skye-Fox713
Sep 4, 2007, 06:26 AM
On 2007-09-04 04:18, Rashiid wrote:

'what about the non-hunters?'

The same thought went through my head as well, and besides the crea handgun would actuality be pretty popular because the handgun of pso looked like a detective's revolver.(not that tenora allready has the revolver designed handgun) it would have looked pretty spiffy.

biggabertha
Sep 4, 2007, 06:33 AM
I personally wouldn't like this kind of idea. If wands had the ability to make their TECHNICs hit one extra target, then things would get hairy indeed with the Newmans and their insane base TAP. Not only that, ranged Crea weapons would cause some serious headaches especially with the machinegun. Luckily, you didn't mentioin the Shotgun or the Crossbow because they could easily be made into Crea weapons and just literally make everyone want to be a male human wielding Cubo Cresa hitting FOUR targets instead of three.

The reason why they'd just not function right is because PAs seem to be the way to bring own a Crea weapon but makes it excel in normal atacks since you can hit one other target (that and looking awesome) which makes it awesome for the likes of Guntechers or Fortegunners who currently have access to full single handed Arts.

I don't know.. Gunning classes and Teching classes already have so much variety going for them that it's not fair for meleers. Let us meleers have something special!

GreenArcher
Sep 4, 2007, 06:48 AM
You meleers do have something special...you're already doing backflips and hadukens left and right, that should be enough.

Skye-Fox713
Sep 4, 2007, 06:48 AM
i didn't mention the crossbow or the shotgun because

1. the crossbow is not an original PSO weapon
2. the design of the current shotgun is no where near the design of the PSO shotguns, plus the PSO shotguns could more or less pass for the look of a PSU grenade launcher.

also i didn't know that the crea weapons allowed you hit an additional target from the standard weapon. If they had Crea guns even the melee classes could benefit from it like having a Crea handgun in one hand and having a Crea Saber in the other, now that's a force to be reckoned with.

I also thought of another weapon that they sould make a Crea seires for

Knuckles

Crea Knuckles -GRM
Gudda Crea -Tenora
Creacle -Yohmie

PJ
Sep 4, 2007, 07:08 AM
It WOULD be nice for the bow online to have the same effect as offline (Hitting multiple targets) possibley via the form of a crea one, but eh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 4, 2007, 07:13 AM
Maybe if they make Crea wands, they may be Human and CAST only? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 07:34 AM
CAST? lol would be nice for BulletMaster; but since GT really only use support techs; and those hit 6 ppl already.....

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 08:40 AM
Crea on ranged weapons should have limited penetration, in my opinion.

Like it can penetrate, but only up to 1 extra target over the normal target allowance.

Otherwise it'd render weapons like the laser cannon obsolete.

amtalx
Sep 4, 2007, 10:21 AM
Crea weapons are fail to begin with. However, I do think it would be funny to have a Crea Rifle so all the Cast fGs out there wouldn't be able to use it. That's high comedy.

Sychosis
Sep 4, 2007, 10:29 AM
On 2007-09-04 08:21, amtalx wrote:
Crea weapons are fail to begin with. However, I do think it would be funny to have a Crea Rifle so all the Cast fGs out there wouldn't be able to use it. That's high comedy.

XD

Anyway, Crea weapons only attack an extra target when not using a PA. So Crea Wands/Rods are impossible. If you want to go as far as to say they can only hit an extra target when not using PP (as seems to be the case since we have no Crea ranged weaponry) then it's easy to see why only melee weapons are Crea.

relentless
Sep 4, 2007, 11:28 AM
Melee got Crea.
I could never imagine the multiple thing on FO weps.lol
Some guns will later get Penetration-PAs, that's enough imo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

stukasa
Sep 4, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-09-04 05:08, PJ wrote:
It WOULD be nice for the bow online to have the same effect as offline (Hitting multiple targets) possibley via the form of a crea one, but eh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when I found out online bows didn't work the same way as offline bows. Online they're still good weapons, just not nearly as fun as the offline version. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As for the topic, Crea guns and wands isn't a bad idea, I just don't know how it'd work. Like someone else mentioned, melee weapons have normal attacks and PA attacks. Guns and wands don't work that way, so making Crea weapons for them would make things kinda imbalanced IMO.

Kylie
Sep 4, 2007, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a cool idea that I wouldn't mind being introduced.

HaydenX
Sep 5, 2007, 01:47 PM
Crea Wands could hit enemies with a physical attack while casting (the physical attack would be like using canes in PSO).

Crea Pistols could fire a fork attack like lvl 11 crossbow PAs.

Kaydin
Sep 5, 2007, 03:12 PM
We need Crea claws. Crea-Misaki? Creasaki? Model them after the old Photon Claws from PSO. I would use those constantly, despite how much they would suck.

Maybe Crea axes? Ank Crea, modeled after the Victor Axe. Even if it was a sword.

The current GRM sword and Crea sword need to be swapped. >_>

Crea Knuckles just wouldn't have a physical appearance. You'd just fight with your bare fists, as in PSO.

Maybe Crearods too?

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-09-05 13:12, Kaydin wrote:
The current GRM sword and Crea sword need to be swapped.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 5, 2007, 10:51 PM
We need Crea claws. Crea-Misaki? Creasaki? Model them after the old Photon Claws from PSO. I would use those constantly, despite how much they would suck.

Maybe Crea axes? Ank Crea, modeled after the Victor Axe. Even if it was a sword.

The current GRM sword and Crea sword need to be swapped. >_>

Crea Knuckles just wouldn't have a physical appearance. You'd just fight with your bare fists, as in PSO.

Maybe Crearods too?

I had the same Idea....
XD

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 6, 2007, 01:41 AM
I just don't see the crea gns or wands happening. I imagine it'd just be multi-hit bullets for more guns like the handgun's Mayalee Hit. Techs already have multi-hit depending on their type. Though foie with multi-hit sounds kinda sweet....

TheBlackDeath
Sep 6, 2007, 08:35 PM

I've heard my friends talk about things like this but mostly their ideas involved expanding the existing roster of crea melee weapons to include types for weapons such as the axe. My response was that if a crea axe was ever created that I would quit. Call it a trivial reason if you like but I have come to love axes since I got Anga Dugrega leveled to 21(nearly capped now). It was almost a magical thing once it reached that point and my CAST FF usually carries all his axes on his pallette now because of it. I've found it's useful in virtually every situation. It's helped me so much since I used to have problems getting hit as a FF but now it's like it prefectly fits for destroying everything. Based purely on raw damage almost every hit I do causes at least 1,000 damage. I'm not trying to brag about myself I just really enjoy this PA. Even if it didn't do massive damage it's manuverability makes doing even Hive S missions practically effortless. If the first hit misses(most likely due to the enemy blocking) before they can start hitting me I've already jumped around to their back where I can get a 100% hit rate. It was a life saver every time I had to dodge Dulk Fakis's body slam.

Anyway the reason I would quit if a crea axe was ever made is because the crea types of weapons are quite notable for sucking. What just makes it worse for me is that people get things like a creasaud or a crea sword and try to sell a weapon that is the epitome of suck for 1 MIL. Regardless of how cool some of the crea weapons look(which I agree with) even that cannot in any possible way make them worth that much for something that sucks so bad. On top of all of that there are people that actually buy those weapons for that much and that just pisses me off to no end.

omegapirate2k
Sep 6, 2007, 08:45 PM
You get pistol (and twin pistol) bullets that penetrate eventually, that seems like a crea-ish weapon to me.

Pillan
Sep 6, 2007, 10:55 PM
How would Crea ranged and tech weapons work at all? The multi-hit effect of Creas is only available when no Photon Art is attached, so you would basically be stuck with the base ATP on a gun and absolutely nothing with a wand.

And why would you use it at all in the ranged case when a lot of guns gain over 200% ATP just based on the ATP modifier plus element and/or additional bullets, so hitting 2 targets would do less damage than the PA (even though that’s the main reason melee Creas aren’t very worthwhile in general).

Of course you can get Crea-like effects with Mayalee Hit (hits 2 close targets) and Twin Penetration, but why add a Crea version at all when you can get a much stronger version of it by bullet leveling those PAs?