PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU 09.06 update information

EspioKaos
Sep 4, 2007, 08:54 AM
Offical JP PSU site (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=428)

New lobby
In celebration of PSU's first anniversary, a new party lobby will be opened in Clyez City. The red carpet is rolled out for this event along with chandeliers and tables filled with food, drinks and decorations.

New missions
As part of the 1st Anniversary Thanks Festa, Holoop Dens of the GUARDIANS is releasing a version of a simulator that will be used to train future Guardians, and he wants our help to test it out. This new mission entitled "Trails of the GUARDIANS Alpha" will take Guardians through a few simulated fields where they will take on multiple bosses. And as we also know, during the run of this event, players will be treated to increased rare drops rates, increased EXP payout and increased rare enemy spawns.

System updates
The Jaggo Actes' drop rate of the decoration Fireworks has been adjusted, though it is not mentioned if it was increased or decreased.

The following PM types have been adjusted, changing them into advance battled types:

GH 413: Wartecher
GH 414: Fighgunner
GH 423: Wartecher
GH 424: Fortefighter
GH 433: Fortegunner
GH 434: Fortegunner
GH 443: Fortegunner
GH 444: Fortegunner
GH 453: Guntecher
GH 454: Fortetecher

Battle system adjutements
The EXP values of enemies (including bosses) have been adjusted.

Large enemies have received an adjustment to their STA.

The probability of having abnormal status effects inflicted on players and enemies has been adjusted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-09-04 06:55 ]</font>

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 08:56 AM
yepp; nothin left but Expansion time!

edit: wait; does this mean we can Killer Shot Jarbas now {{ o.0 }}

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-09-04 06:58 ]</font>

Tekershee
Sep 4, 2007, 08:59 AM
I like the sound of advanced jobs for PM's. I prefer it if we could change it ourselves!

CelestialBlade
Sep 4, 2007, 09:05 AM
Oh god, a Boss gauntlet with increased drop rates? Now that will make S-rank/Unit hunting much better....just hope this doesn't turn into a Famitsu for us.

Dhylec
Sep 4, 2007, 09:06 AM
Hm, interesting news. I hope we get this soon.

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-09-04 06:54, EspioKaos wrote:
New missions
As part of the 1st Anniversary Thanks Festa, Holoop Dens of the GUARDIANS is releasing a version of a simulator that will be used to train future Guardians, and he wants our help to test it out. This new mission entitled "Trails of the GUARDIANS Alpha" will take Guardians through a few simulated fields where they will take on multiple bosses. And as we also know, during the run of this event, players will be treated to increased rare drops rates, increased EXP payout and increased rare enemy spawns.

TOWARDS THE FUTURE?

GenesisDX
Sep 4, 2007, 09:29 AM
Don't hype people up, when they don't get what the JP servers get all they gonna do is bitch.

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 09:37 AM
There's a higher chance of us getting this, in my opinion. When it's been out for a year here, that is.

I don't think Famitsu will happen, as well, Famitsu isn't published over here.

amtalx
Sep 4, 2007, 10:02 AM
On 2007-09-04 06:56, Rashiid wrote:

Unfortunately no, Jarbas are immune to Incapacitate. It doesn't have anything to do with their STA.

ne1first
Sep 4, 2007, 10:10 AM
This is as interesting as ambiguous. I'd like to know if the EXP, STA and SE proc rate are going up or down xD

This could well mean a nerf to easy exping off robots with Killer Shot. (As much as I would like this not to happen, I have to admit it is broken)

GreenArcher
Sep 4, 2007, 10:14 AM
On 2007-09-04 07:14, Esufer wrote:

TOWARDS THE FUTURE?

Mewn
Sep 4, 2007, 10:18 AM
On 2007-09-04 08:10, ne1first wrote:
This is as interesting as ambiguous. I'd like to know if the EXP, STA and SE proc rate are going up or down xD

This could well mean a nerf to easy exping off robots with Killer Shot. (As much as I would like this not to happen, I have to admit it is broken)

Yeah, I hate how Sega say 'adjusted' but never give specifics, it's irritating.

For the EXP adjustment, I think that they'll increase the EXP that monsters on lower ranks give, for easier levelling at low-levels. I hope that's the case anyway. Of course, I could be completely wrong. Guess we'll find out come Thursday.

Kylie
Sep 4, 2007, 10:21 AM
Whoa that lobby looks smexy. o;

Sychosis
Sep 4, 2007, 10:32 AM
I hope they aren't re-nerfing rangers...

However, they are the last class(es) deserving of a boost...

Well played Sonic Team, well played.

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 10:33 AM
If they nerf rangers, straight back to FF for me >_>

Urtri
Sep 4, 2007, 10:35 AM
Ok. Another reason to buy new power adaptor for my US PS2.

Even if the new mission includes all the bosses in 1 mission at all 5 ranks (C,B,A,S and S2 plus if they get the corasponding Boss Drops per rank) then iam there on S cause as i fortegunner that means Black bulls from not 1 but 2 different targets (Magas and Dulk)

Also correct me if iam wrong but isnt the Client for this mission that Cast that always hanging around outside the Guardian Branch on Moatoob in Story Mode

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Urtri on 2007-09-04 08:38 ]</font>

biggabertha
Sep 4, 2007, 11:12 AM
and tables filled with food, drinks

Am I the only one who's excited by this?! Finally! A chance to actually EAT and DRINK in this game! We've been given toilets but with no input, how are we supposed to use them?!

I like the idea of advanced types for the next generation of PMs. I wonder if that means they'll make Lou any different? I mean, come on, a class that can use a rifle, a Doublesaber AND a Rod?! Who else wants to be that job?!

AxelgearVII
Sep 4, 2007, 11:24 AM
I wonder what difference it'll make having PM's change their class. Different weapons maybe? I wasn't even aware that they considered PM's to have a specific class.

EspioKaos
Sep 4, 2007, 11:38 AM
By the way, the TTF-like missions will only contain two bosses each.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 4, 2007, 11:50 AM
Gib Onma+Onma TTF mission. I need my Me/Quick! D:<

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-09-04 09:38, EspioKaos wrote:
By the way, the TTF-like missions will only contain two bosses each.

THOSE ARE OUR DREAMS YOU'RE STEPPING ON

EspioKaos
Sep 4, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2007-09-04 09:59, Esufer wrote:
THOSE ARE OUR DREAMS YOU'RE STEPPING ON

Ah, it happens, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AC9breaker
Sep 4, 2007, 12:17 PM
Am I the only one hoping they bring back the old TTF secret of being the Dragon boss so you can kill your friends or team mates and they can be all like womzg wtf!? Why is dragon fighting like this??? and not realize your controlling the dragon then call you a fag and haxor when you kill them and own them?

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 01:01 PM
The Dragon isn't as awesome in this one though.
The De Ragan is kinda. Well. Not as good.

The Original Dragon could take off, and he was rather hard to hit.

The De Ragan could take off, and he's actually more vulnerable.

I wouldn't mind being able to control Dulk Fakis 2 though...

METEORMETEORMETEORMETEORLOL

Siertes
Sep 4, 2007, 01:07 PM
This status effect infliction adjustment has me worried. The last thing I need is for it to take longer to inflict SE. Some enemies can just be stubborn as hell...but making it any easier would be pretty bad as well. What the heck could ST be thinking...

Xaeris
Sep 4, 2007, 01:12 PM
Well, they do say in addition to the STA adjustment, that the probability of landing a status effect will be changed as well. Perhaps the equation for infliction is being overhauled to be more consistent and the STA adjustment is to reflect that.

I know I sure hate it when my PT empties damn near half a Python into a mizura only to have it buzzing there, laughing at her unsinged.

Zorafim
Sep 4, 2007, 01:58 PM
New missions

Win.

System updates
The Jaggo Actes' drop rate of the decoration Fireworks has been adjusted, though it is not mentioned if it was increased or decreased.

If increased, win.

The following PM types have been adjusted, changing them into advance battled types:

GH 413: Wartecher
GH 414: Fighgunner
GH 423: Wartecher
GH 424: Fortefighter
GH 433: Fortegunner
GH 434: Fortegunner
GH 443: Fortegunner
GH 444: Fortegunner
GH 453: Guntecher
GH 454: Fortetecher

Well, now I'm soloing with a fortegunner. I'd like to have a force, but this should be interesting.

Battle system adjutements
The EXP values of enemies (including bosses) have been adjusted.

Finally.

Large enemies have received an adjustment to their STA.

Win.

The probability of having abnormal status effects inflicted on players and enemies has been adjusted.

While soloing Rainbow Beast, I estimate that half the bartas froze me. While soloing Vally of Carnage A, every other time I was damaged by Damfoi, I was burned. I really hope they'll lower the chance of being status'd, it's way too high.

This can be a major gameplay update if done correctly. I really hope we get this one soon.

Jinto117
Sep 4, 2007, 02:04 PM
Man you gotta love Sega. They show North American and European players so much love. Thanks Japan!

Aralia
Sep 4, 2007, 02:07 PM

New missions

TOWARDS THE FUTURE?

Same thing I was thinking.. >.>
Good lord, I will take as much time off work as I can for this when we get it. And I'll never do anything but this mission, regardless of what else we get. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2007-09-04 12:12 ]</font>

RedCoKid
Sep 4, 2007, 02:28 PM
In other news, the US/EU/360 versions will be getting the Tanks Festa. During this event, drop rates, rare spawns, and EXP will be decreased by 50%. Boss fights also will be removed. Furthermore, if the event becomes too popular and/or the remaining population has not successfully tanked, Sega may lengthen the Festa by rewarding us with 4 weeks of 0* luck.

Umberger
Sep 4, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-09-04 09:24, AxelgearVII wrote:
I wonder what difference it'll make having PM's change their class. Different weapons maybe? I wasn't even aware that they considered PM's to have a specific class.

I think the class changes are supposed to increase/decrease their stats to make them more like what a real level whatever Cast Female would be.

EJ
Sep 4, 2007, 02:44 PM
So I'm guessing it's the next level of pm evolution that get classes identity since I was hoping that my 421 would be something like a WT or something >.>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 4, 2007, 03:42 PM
Man, I always thought that at first, a nerfing was in order for Rangers, but man, I dunno now. At best, it can piss of the Rangers that call us Hunters nothing more than decoys who are just there to die, but at the same time, it will hurt the really cool Rangers like Siertes. Lets just see how it goes.

And that TTF thing, man, plz give double Ragan missions!

Kaydin
Sep 4, 2007, 03:46 PM
TTF! Ever since I started PSU I wanted a TTF mission. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Too bad it'll be Christmas before we see it. >.>;

Dragwind
Sep 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-09-04 13:46, Kaydin wrote:
TTF! Ever since I started PSU I wanted a TTF mission. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Too bad it'll be Christmas before we see it. >.>;

YES! That's exacxtly what I thought when I read about that mission, and I sure hope its like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-09-04 08:02, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-09-04 06:56, Rashiid wrote:

Unfortunately no, Jarbas are immune to Incapacitate. It doesn't have anything to do with their STA.

oh yah; im stupid.

funny thing is I just explained that to someone tha other day......

wonder how I forgot that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

MushiKuro
Sep 4, 2007, 05:59 PM
TTF FTW!
Well, at least something to help the players and some nerfs(well maded)can be good for all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

See ya!

X.X

Arika
Sep 4, 2007, 06:43 PM
fG only need to be nerf http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Powder Keg
Sep 4, 2007, 07:18 PM

New missions

TOWARDS THE FUTURE?

Exactly my first thoughts.

Interesting to see a lot of things being adjusted too....