PDA

View Full Version : 10% S rank weapons > 50% 9* weps? WTF!?

Sol-Edge
Sep 4, 2007, 01:05 PM
Now that the economy has settled down a bit and S ranks have become a lot more common. I was wondering if 10% s ranks are still more valuable than 50% 9*s. IMO the answer is No. 10% S ranks don't even sell much as oppose to 50% 9*s and they are a lot less useful. It just doesn't make sense to me how a 10% 2-headed ragnus way more expensive than a 50%Fire Heavy Twins. What do you guys think?

Esufer
Sep 4, 2007, 01:07 PM
Because they look cooler.

PSU = style > substance

ayrista
Sep 4, 2007, 01:22 PM
i would trade my rares for 50% 9* equals in a heart beat. In fact i straight traded a halarod for some 50% light heavy twins a month or two ago.

DraginHikari
Sep 4, 2007, 01:27 PM
This subject has been debated over and over again.

Sol-Edge
Sep 4, 2007, 01:33 PM
It's way harder to get a 50% weapon than it is to get a 10-18% S rank weapon. I've seen so many low % s ranks and way less 50% weps and I'm on PS2/PC. 10* weps are no longer mega rare(... Except some Tech/ranged weapons.) So people should start waking up and start smelling that delicious coffee. The coffee I like to call common sense.

panzer_unit
Sep 4, 2007, 01:50 PM
Here's the thing... I could start cooking a couple of Caliburns RIGHT NOW and have one turn out 50% ele. Failing that, I could grind all of the successes with ok % and probably end up with +5 or better where PP capacity bonuses start being worth something. That's what I think when I see 9* weapons going for ridiculous prices: how much might it cost me to make the same thing for myself? A lot... yeah. Ten million? Maybe not.

S-ranks are a different deal. I've been playing PSU since release day and still haven't found any. My friend got a meteor cannon board and it blew up. There's no question of "if I went out and tried to make it for myself, what would it cost?"

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 04:55 PM
of you can get 5 2-Headed Ragnus boards; you hav tha same chance of getting it as 2 caliburn boards.

if you want 50% S ranks so bad; go head and find 10 rucar boards.

cause ya know; its SOO easy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

-Ryuki-
Sep 4, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-09-04 11:07, Esufer wrote:
Because they look cooler.

PSU = style > substance

Quoted for truth.

It's like in the world of breakdancing.
Style moves > Power moves.
It's truth.

Mayu
Sep 4, 2007, 05:29 PM
Rather use my Dragon claw then my 50% A rank claw to be honest http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif well for fun of course

(Zanshu-Misaski)

Looks>Effectiveness according to well people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif hehe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-04 15:29 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Sep 4, 2007, 05:46 PM
Same with me, I have 2 phantom +10s and use a Phantom Line but I still end up using my rattlesnake cause... well god dam that rifle is a thing of beauty

str898mustang
Sep 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
IMO Effectivness > Looks unless it's a special drop like Halp(16% here)

I would take a 50% ice Shiratsuno-zashi over a 10% Deva-zashi anyday

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-09-04 15:46, Shadow_Wing wrote:
Same with me, I have 2 phantom +10s and use a Phantom Line but I still end up using my rattlesnake cause... well god dam that rifle is a thing of beauty

oh theres a Rattlesnake on PC/Ps2?

odd; we hav more ppl; but they seem to get S ranks 1st....

guess since 9/10's of our side are at sealabs xP

Mayu
Sep 4, 2007, 09:51 PM
Wren likes to shoot me with it :_;

Only one known http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 09:54 PM
yah we hav about 3-5 blackbulls; 0 rattles; 0 11* shotty's; a bajillion halarods/ragnuses/skelas.....

our S ranks are scattered....

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-09-04 11:33, Sol-Edge wrote:
It's way harder to get a 50% weapon than it is to get a 10-18% S rank weapon. I've seen so many low % s ranks and way less 50% weps and I'm on PS2/PC. 10* weps are no longer mega rare(... Except some Tech/ranged weapons.) So people should start waking up and start smelling that delicious coffee. The coffee I like to call common sense.

Actually it's pretty easy to get a 50% weapon, least it was for me. Although I blew 7 mil in the process just to get 5 high %'s, it was worthit. I have yet to obtain a single S rank though. And now that I think about it, I really don't even want one now, simply for the fact that if I get one I know it will fail. <_<

Mayu
Sep 5, 2007, 12:14 AM
Takes about 15-30 Mill To make a 50% A weapon

If lucky well

hmm.. maybe.. 200k? Lol

Luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-04 22:18 ]</font>

pokefiend
Sep 5, 2007, 02:44 AM
Hmmm... interesting. I'm on the 360 server and while buying low ele % S ranks is more expensive, fighters who carry 34%-50% A ranks seem to be more valued and accepted amongst the community. Almost none of the ppl I hang arround seem to value S ranks more than high % A ranks so your observation puzzles me.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 5, 2007, 03:12 AM
S rank = status item, A rank with high %s functional items!

Status > functionality!

Zael
Sep 5, 2007, 07:35 AM
lol, i gladly traded all my stupid low % S-ranks for stuff that actually makes me stronger.

Turbobrain
Sep 5, 2007, 07:58 AM
Hehe, I'm very, very, very lucky when it comes to synthing 50%'s. I have about 8, 6 up for trade(see my trade list).

Of the notables a 50% Electric Ganna Line, the only one on the game AFAIK and is up for sale(shameless plug:)) for the right offer.

All my other 50%'s well, 7*,8*,9*'s. A real nice one and unuasal one a 50% light Crea Saber... I find they always synth well(with high elements). I must post that trade list again!

Balthasar
Sep 5, 2007, 08:07 AM
Quote: Shadow_Wing
"Status > functionality! "
/Quote

Status > functionality on an online game....

Faggotry.

You will never see me use an S rank gun unless I've grinded that f*cker to the point where it is stronger than my +10 A ranks. I don't see the point in slaving away hunting "shiny" rares so that random weirdos can be impressed for a moment or two at the fact that I'm carrying something that simply looks different/special in an online game. Status? Online? Who cares?! If you want an S rank because they're cool, THAT'S FINE. WHATEVER. But to carry one around awaiting compliments/props/respect from people on a game server is just faggotry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthasar on 2007-09-05 06:21 ]</font>

Balthasar
Sep 5, 2007, 08:08 AM
Oops, double post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthasar on 2007-09-05 06:08 ]</font>

Rashiid
Sep 5, 2007, 08:43 AM
Gur Asted: 28mil-ish?
Gur Missle (10) - 10mil-ish?

Asted plz =] (tho tha bazga is soo much better lookin)

panzer_unit
Sep 5, 2007, 09:20 AM
Asted gets the win for being an 11* weapon that gets a set bonus with common 9* armor.

Emily31
Sep 5, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-09-04 11:05, Sol-Edge wrote:
Now that the economy has settled down a bit and S ranks have become a lot more common. I was wondering if 10% s ranks are still more valuable than 50% 9*s. IMO the answer is No. 10% S ranks don't even sell much as oppose to 50% 9*s and they are a lot less useful. It just doesn't make sense to me how a 10% 2-headed ragnus way more expensive than a 50%Fire Heavy Twins. What do you guys think?

Hi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif,i think the players like S rank Weaps cause they look cool.

That's why we can see a lot of guys use 2-head ragnus on fire monsters lol.

But people dont know how it's very difficult for get a A9 * 50% and more for a Ice 50% cause they can buy material and board in Npc shop.They make one synthe in the month and sometimes,a guy has luck and a 50% come out.How many guys have a luck like that and if its very easy for get a 50% why we can see a lot of players with 10-20% in PSU.

I just think when u begin in PSU,u like S rank cause its rare and beautifull.But when u get more experience,u prefer fonctional weaps for make a easy run.

sorry if i dont speak english very well XD

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 5, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-09-05 07:52, Emily31 wrote:
I just think when u begin in PSU,u like S rank cause its rare and beautifull.But when u get more experience,u prefer fonctional weaps for make a easy run.

sorry if i dont speak english very well XD

I still prefer S ranks, know why?

What is the purpose of doing all these runs if you're capped if you're not trying to get a rare item. That's all there is left to do. Therefore, S ranks have that purpose. Hell, if I didn't strive for S ranks, I'd have even less reason to play than I already do.

THE JACKEL

Eleina
Sep 5, 2007, 10:31 AM
If you factor out haxeta It's extremely hard to get high % 9* melee weps/9* +10 ranger,Fo weps (unless you have dumb luck)
S ranks thus provide a cheaper way of powering oneself up (while gathering the cash to make the high-end 9* gear)
But of course once you obtain high-end 9* gear S weps(10*/11*) become futile (unless they have set bonuses like gur asted) and become collecters items...But you can still hunt them in hopes for a 50% S wep http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

relentless
Sep 5, 2007, 10:51 AM
50% 9* A ranks > 10% 10* S rank

But it depends on the weapons IMO anyways.

Primera
Sep 5, 2007, 02:33 PM
id definetly say that 44-50% 9 stars are much better.. ive synthed one of each element for 9 star axes.single daggers.spears and yamata senba all 44-50%
i have about 18 S ranks and they are all junk compared to my 44-50% weapons and id never trade them for any S rank considering it took me like 4-5 months to synth all of them. the low S ranks are just all for show and dont get the job done when in the harder missions

Shadow_Wing
Sep 5, 2007, 02:44 PM
lol at the guy responding to my redicoulous explanation to why S ranks are better than A ranks of better quality.

On 2007-09-05 08:51, SeKaI wrote:

Definately, I play with looks and functionality. I do have in my collection both blackbull and rattlesnake, did I ever use my blackbull over my Phantom+10? Definately not, it's stats are considerably inferior and it well... looks butt ugly (it's there for collection sake XD), however the rattlesnake is easily in my pallet along with my Phantom+10 for the sheer reason it looks good, the stats might do a but less dmg than a phantom+10 (about 40~), but also it's style and bullet is definately nothing short of awesome.

RegulusHikari
Sep 5, 2007, 02:51 PM
style > substance

Agreed.

Simply because I enjoy seeing cool looking equipment (in my opinion) more than I do seeing higher numbers. I play this game for myself, not anyone else.

HaydenX
Sep 5, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-09-05 12:44, Shadow_Wing wrote:
lol at the guy responding to my redicoulous explanation to why S ranks are better than A ranks of better quality.

On 2007-09-05 08:51, SeKaI wrote:

Definately, I play with looks and functionality. I do have in my collection both blackbull and rattlesnake, did I ever use my blackbull over my Phantom+10? Definately not, it's stats are considerably inferior and it well... looks butt ugly (it's there for collection sake XD), however the rattlesnake is easily in my pallet along with my Phantom+10 for the sheer reason it looks good, the stats might do a but less dmg than a phantom+10 (about 40~), but also it's style and bullet is definately nothing short of awesome.

Hey, can you take a picture or make a movie of the rattlesnake in action? the old pic of the hacked one isn't very good. Plz pretty PLZ!!! (I really want one for my CAST fG)

Sol-Edge
Sep 5, 2007, 08:20 PM
Yes, Please Pic or Vid. I've yet to see the Rattlesnake in action and the old pic doesn't show the bullet animation.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 5, 2007, 08:29 PM
Guess I could next chance I get to get online

Menochi
Sep 5, 2007, 08:36 PM
http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu6072.jpg

ryvius
Sep 5, 2007, 08:50 PM
Honestly, the "easily" attainable s-ranks out now don't appeal to me enough to use them over a more practical A rank. The novelty would eventually wear off..

An 11*+ gun would be kickass though :|

RegulusHikari
Sep 5, 2007, 09:09 PM
On 2007-09-05 18:36, Menochi wrote:
http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu6072.jpg

That is SICK. I need one. @_@

Agnostic187
Sep 5, 2007, 09:14 PM
I'll say it for me like this.

I would not use any LESS damaging S Rank over any 50% I had as a MAIN Weapon.

I have a 50 Ice Nightwalker and a 12% Ice Rucar. I'd rather use my NW if it was a speed run but if its a fun run just bullshitting with friends, I'd have my Rucar in spot one, because I think it looks pretty bad ass.

I'd only do this with a Rucar tho. So far all the other S ranks I can use are bland :/ I would use a Halp though as an exception, but nothing else.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 5, 2007, 09:16 PM
lol beat me to the punch, but yes it shoots ammo in a double helix form, it's really cool.

Sol-Edge
Sep 5, 2007, 09:22 PM
I see... VERY cool weapon lol

Rashiid
Sep 6, 2007, 06:37 AM
actually; most ppl prefer a 50% A rank then a 10% S rank; BUT once an S rank hits 20% or any higher; its automatically a want.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 6, 2007, 08:11 AM
*looks at picture, ignores the gun and pays more attention to the female newman*
Wow, that is totally hawt.