PDA

View Full Version : 3*,2*,1* and then PUMALUCK

IamPUMA
Sep 4, 2007, 02:55 PM
My avatar is BEAST FEMALE and yesterday was the first time I have anything above one star luck in a while. In the meantime it seems SEGA favors the MALES of CAST and NEWMAN the most while HUMAN and BEAST tie at a close second. For those of you not keeping score, in the past two or three weeks every male has had 3* at least twice and some of those have been two days in a row.
And with the exception of CAST FEMALE, it seems to be a male dominated universe.
Now I can understand why SEGA would give the best luck possible to the solo hunter types, but why would they treat the BEAST FEMALEs so poorly? 0* has been the majority, with a 2* or two, a few 1*'s. I call shananagins on SOA and their sexest BEAST H8ing staff.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 4, 2007, 02:57 PM
Well about 2 or 3 months ago, female Beasts had nothing but 2 and 3 luck. It's just the other races turn now.

relentless
Sep 4, 2007, 02:59 PM
Don't complain, please. lol
I don't think there's some kind of hidden message behind those daily luck tables.
I say it's coincidence (if it's not, then iono xD)

Just play more chars or leave slots so you can create 3 luckers to grind or whatever.
As for hunting, well deh, join people with 3 luck, get friends to help you do games or simply just not complain and wait and see what happens, that's it.

CelestialBlade
Sep 4, 2007, 03:29 PM
Females have had all the luck from November to, like, mid-summer. I think the males more than deserve this.

Ryoki
Sep 4, 2007, 03:31 PM
Beast male luck sucks. I've had like 8 3 luck days since it came out. we get craploads of 0's and 1's in between them.

But this is probably what everyones luck is like. Honestly, I think they are all pretty similar, but people see what they want to see.

Over all, everyones luck probably sucks.

Dragwind
Sep 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
RL luck > PSU luck.

perfectminute
Sep 4, 2007, 03:54 PM
I dont like the luck. Me and a friend have been hunting jaggos the last 3 days and hes a beast male. All the bicos drop when were to lazy to give him leader. Not one bico has droppen on 3 luck. 2 on 1 luck and 3 on 0 luck. Luck is bad....

Feelmirath
Sep 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-09-04 13:49, Dragwind wrote:
RL luck > PSU luck.

QFT.

Dirkster111
Sep 4, 2007, 04:32 PM
Someone bust out the tissues.

IamPUMA
Sep 4, 2007, 06:07 PM
I bought this game around the end of the FIREBREAK missions and all I know is that besides the festival I have had 3* one time. ONE TIME! All I'm asking is a little fairness, like instead of having 0* Over and over again mix it up a little. And I already know to keep a slot open for grinding days. But the point of the matter stays the same, I want my own good luck. On the few days I have had some luck, in combination with my AWESOME roomDECS collection, I found a cool wand and the KUBARA batman bow DURING THE SAME RUN, JAGGOs on the first attempt with 2/3 of them dropping the BINCO's, and tons of shiny gold things. It appears that the three star will forever belong to those camping outside of SLEEPINGWARRIORS... sleeping warriors...campers... I get it

MSAksion
Sep 4, 2007, 07:20 PM
EACH DAY someone has to have max luck with someone else with 2* and then 3 should have level one.

The Drop rates are so stupidly low anyway - why make it worse by having a rare item modifier like LUCK be so random so RARE to even occur?

I hate it when max luck is on a day that people have school or work - what am i to do call in sick to find more VESTALINE?

Even with max luck no one finds anything. People who find their stuff find it on zero luck day and the 3 star luck people get plenty of KERSELINE.

LUCK makes red items drop, but the red items are only the KERSELINE and SCAPE DOLL [B] not the good stuff.

My plan if i were Sonic Team; Each day =

1 type has max luck
2 types have lvl 2
3 types have lvl 1.
No one can have max luck twice in one week.
You must go through all 8 types of characters before coming back to the first. So everyone gets a share.

Of course that would be too COMMUNISTIC for sega XD to be fair to all.

Powder Keg
Sep 4, 2007, 07:22 PM
- MAle Newmans hardly ever get luck, at all.
- Human males get luck quite frequently.
- Male Beasts get luck a little less than Male humans do.
- The only female class that gets a lot of luck is the CAST.

DikkyRay
Sep 4, 2007, 07:23 PM
why do we FEEL THE NEED to capitalize random WORDS.
but yea LUCK tends to be UNFAIR. tahts why you should MAKE SEVERAL characters so if ONE doesnt have any LUCK you CAN just SWITCH characters.

omegapirate2k
Sep 4, 2007, 07:31 PM
Meh, back before firebreak things were the opposite.

DikkyRay
Sep 4, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-09-04 17:31, omegapirate2k wrote:

WE WOULD talk LIKE THIS BUT sometimes LOWERCASE WORDS randomly?

AweOfShe
Sep 4, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-09-04 12:55, IamPUMA wrote:
My avatar is BEAST FEMALE and yesterday was the first time I have anything above one star luck in a while. In the meantime it seems SEGA favors the MALES of CAST and NEWMAN the most while HUMAN and BEAST tie at a close second. For those of you not keeping score, in the past two or three weeks every male has had 3* at least twice and some of those have been two days in a row.
And with the exception of CAST FEMALE, it seems to be a male dominated universe.
Now I can understand why SEGA would give the best luck possible to the solo hunter types, but why would they treat the BEAST FEMALEs so poorly? 0* has been the majority, with a 2* or two, a few 1*'s. I call shananagins on SOA and their sexest BEAST H8ing staff.

STOP it... you're SCARING me! ._.

Dirkster111
Sep 4, 2007, 07:51 PM
On 2007-09-04 14:32, Dirkster111 wrote:
Someone bust out the tissues.

Sekani
Sep 4, 2007, 08:10 PM
People still care about luck in this game? There have been roughly 2,547 different studies done proving that it's fucking pointless.

Or just think back to the Super Holy Light week. Did that really make a difference in anything? Nope.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 5, 2007, 03:28 AM
On 2007-09-04 17:23, DikkyRay wrote:
why do we FEEL THE NEED to capitalize random WORDS.

I dunno MAYbe it's cause fEMALE bEASTS "don't GeT ANY luck ever", EVEN ThOuGh they got it MOST of THE time BEfore fireBREAK.

Acceleration
Sep 5, 2007, 04:21 AM
Well, female beasts have 2* luck today, so I guess this entire topic is moot.

In any case, I've seen S-ranks and units drop on no luck and 1* luck (in fact, earlier tonight I was in a party where the leader had 1*, and an S-rank dropped) so yes, the photon fortune in this game means jack shit. OP, you have nothing to worry about. Keep hunting when you can, regardless of your character's fortune.

Turbobrain
Sep 5, 2007, 04:26 AM
I am convinved that luck is not as important as some people think.

I had 3 luck yesterday and found diddly. I partyed with my 2 luck Newman and found more.... but still nothing to speak of.

Last week we had 1 luck and found FOUR boards in 3 runs. All 8*/9* but sstill.

I think 3 luck is good for grinding and maybe MORE drops(like synth mats) but when it comes to quality well I'm not so sure. Just my opinion.

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 5, 2007, 04:41 AM
My main is a female CAST and it was a while before she finally got 3 luck, like..a few days ago. Now I'm back to seeing really low numbers or..well, nothing at all.

Besides..boo hoo...so your race/sex doesn't get good luck often? Who cares? I don't think luck or "Super Fail Light" really works anyway. Personally, I think it's all just based on that person's luck in real life.

So quit complaining. It's not as if you having 3 luck one day is going to make 500 rares drop for you that day or something. You act as if something miraculous will happen.

That's just my two meseta on the matter, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-09-05 02:54 ]</font>

IamPUMA
Sep 5, 2007, 10:49 AM
2*TODAY SWEET take that SATUROS

IamPUMA
Sep 5, 2007, 10:59 AM
Oh and I was simply pointing out that in the past 30days or so the majority of my has been zero. And all I want is a little fairness like that one chick stated it should be rotated a little better. On the days where I have zero, a rare drops maybe once a run where as on two star kerseline drops like rain, looks like some one is getting a new JITSEEN.
Small side note 1*+cool room decs=plenty of red junk to go arond. LUCK affects the percentage rate of drops where room decs increase the value of said so drops. And for those of you calling cowplop on the roomdec myth, put a rappy on the gold square and do a few runs...

omegapirate2k
Sep 5, 2007, 11:13 AM
On 2007-09-04 17:33, DikkyRay wrote:

On 2007-09-04 17:31, omegapirate2k wrote:

WE WOULD talk LIKE THIS BUT sometimes LOWERCASE WORDS randomly?

Correct.

Sekani
Sep 5, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-09-05 08:59, IamPUMA wrote:
And for those of you calling cowplop on the roomdec myth, put a rappy on the gold square and do a few runs...

I call "cowplop" on this of course, but on the bright side I make a lot of money selling crap items to people like you who still believe in these superstitions.

HaydenX
Sep 5, 2007, 12:58 PM
Male CASTs should have 3* everyday. It's based on Japanese culture here. What one thing is the only thing more poular than elf chicks??? BIG FUCKIN ROBOTS. I need 3* as my CAST. I have some A-ranks to grind (incl. my new Gur Missal).

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
*sighs* I can't believe people still believe in stuff like that. There have been countless theories of, "If you place item x on square y, you will find more rares!", or "If you go to an unpopulated Universe, you'll get more rares!".

I've tested them and I got crap. The same thing I would get on a populated universe. I've found good items with 3 luck, 2, 1, no luck. It doesn't matter.

OBVIOUSLY..it doesn't seem to affect anything. I heard it affected grinding, so I tried grinding a Sword to +10 with some A +9 and +10 and failed horribly. I couldn't even get it past +5.

However, ironically enough..I was able to finally get a +8 out of it WITHOUT luck. So I don't think it really does anything. The original poster is probably the kind of person that thinks her/his t-shirt affected what kind of drops she got.

It's ALWAYS something. "I was wearing this today and found something awesome! You should try it!". "I found the Uransa because I had my lucky Handgun with me!". "I had my room decorated with nothing but Sonic statues! Try it! It works!".

Luck isn't something you can determine with a t-shirt or your Rappy figure, so you should just throw away that dirty rabbit's foot of yours and grow out of this little superstition of yours.

Luck is simple. You either have it..or you don't. It's easy. Really. This would be like me saying, "Oh! Did you know, if you stand on the red square in your room and hold ALT+N (Shift+ALT+N if you're female), then sing the first thirty seconds of, "In the Navy", you'll get a really good 11* drop!".

Seriously..just quit reading your fairy tales and come back to PSU, and get a reality check =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-09-05 11:04 ]</font>

IamPUMA
Sep 5, 2007, 02:55 PM
Ya it is a complete accident that the squares in the rooms are blue{monomates}yellow{money}green{hustle berries}and red{nice things}...

Feelmirath
Sep 5, 2007, 03:54 PM
On 2007-09-05 12:55, IamPUMA wrote:
Ya it is a complete accident that the squares in the rooms are blue{monomates}yellow{money}green{hustle berries}and red{nice things}...

Yes, yes it is.
Sarcasm doesn't work >_>

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 5, 2007, 04:37 PM
Yep, it sure is. It doesn't affect anything at all. Maybe I should start running around in red armour from now on to see if I get more rares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: Anyway, I'm through discussing this. There's no point in discussing theories with a superstitious person who believes they will get lots of goodies because they placed a Rappy on a gold square in their room.

This is hopeless, so I've said what I wanted to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-09-05 14:39 ]</font>

mvffin
Sep 5, 2007, 05:19 PM
1 luck > 0 luck > 2 luck > 3 luck

this is how things drop for me.

luck is for grinding only. EOS.

ThEoRy
Sep 5, 2007, 05:21 PM
why does it matter who has luck again? As long as someone has it in your party right? And don't tell me you don't have a friend who could grind somethin for ya if you just had to have it...

Kylie
Sep 6, 2007, 10:12 AM
Lol, it doesn't bother me because 3* luck has literally gotten me nothing. Everything I've ever gotten like holiday items are things I got without paying attention to the luck. I giggle when people restart the mission and switch leaders because I've never noticed much of a difference except with grinding. In regards to the subject. . . I've noticed males dominating, but it's just paying us back for dominating earlier with luck.

Esufer
Sep 6, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-09-04 12:55, IamPUMA wrote:

It's because no-one likes furries.