PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Poll: Why are so many people leaving this game

WOOD7770
Sep 4, 2007, 06:14 PM
So I have recently gone from having to decide what friends to play with, to hoping I get invited to a random party outside of HSM or Lab Recovery. Almost all of my friends have quit of are not playing much at all. Do any of you now have the same problem? If so, why did your friends quit? These are the most common reasons I have heard.

BTW please dont bury this in the Rants/Dead Horse Society, this is a general discussion topic if I have ever read one!

Syl
Sep 4, 2007, 06:16 PM
Well, don't forget that school just picked up, that can lay a huge loss on the population (but that doesn't necessarily mean they quit)

pikachief
Sep 4, 2007, 06:17 PM
almost all of my friends left for the horrible drop rate and were hoping Famitsu would make up for it but it looks like we arent getting it so they left :/

i did notice a large portion of players on teh 360 stop playing lately! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

i think i just have alot of unlucky friends like me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rashiid
Sep 4, 2007, 06:20 PM
plz; ppl leave as much as ppl get on.

last high ID i saw was 68k o.0

were about to hit 70k.....

gryphonvii
Sep 4, 2007, 06:20 PM
I agree with sylvia, I started school and because of my work load I haven't been on in days, the same is true for a lot of my friends

Darkly
Sep 4, 2007, 06:22 PM
thinking about it, when theres so many 'common' reasons you can come up with, its not hard to see why people are leaving. that said, many are just quitting until AOI, however one of your above reasons may have just pushed them over the edge.

Don't get me wrong personally i love this game but im only mid-level who hasn't gone through all the trauma of the end game things eg. s-rank hunting, snything etc.

there should be an option for generally jaded of psu, as its obvious many people are frustrated with the game and see no reason playing it until its fixed in expansion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkly on 2007-09-04 16:23 ]</font>

Midicronica
Sep 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
I haven't quit, just don't play as much as I used to. Just last night I played Dulk Fakis S2 with my friends. It was a fucking disaster, but the boss battle made it all worth it, yo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif My school year started on August 17 (yes, a friday) so ever since then I haven't been playing much. I've also been playing a lot of the awesome titles that have been released for the 360 and I'm going be playing more! So PSU time will continue to go down!

Eternal Sonata, Kengo: Legend of 9, and Guitar Hero III anyone? Oh yeah, Halo 3 too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Midicronica on 2007-09-04 16:28 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 4, 2007, 06:32 PM
This game is flawed, believe it or not. You have to really search for something to do every day. It's too easy to get an A rank, too hard to get an S rank, too easy to cap your job... The only worthwhile things to do are level your PAs or your character. Of course, this means grinding in the same area constantly, since that's the only area other people are gathered.
It's difficult to make friends, but if you do, you can gather together some roaming parties (those can be very fun, especially with good friends). You can also use these groups to hunt S ranks. Seems like the ideal way to play, but it's not a reliable way to play.

WOOD7770
Sep 4, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-09-04 16:16, SylviaEspada wrote:
Well, don't forget that school just picked up, that can lay a huge loss on the population (but that doesn't necessarily mean they quit)

Well if you honestly believe that then great for you. Search player ads and all of the trade forums. Players at all levels with one thing in common... Quit!

omegapirate2k
Sep 4, 2007, 06:33 PM
It's definitely school starting up, I start on thursday.

Umberger
Sep 4, 2007, 06:35 PM
Lots of new games are coming out, Call of Duty 4 beta started recently as did school. I've still seen tons of people on regardless...last night the first and second universes had five full stars, and universe three had a full star. Meh.

Sychosis
Sep 4, 2007, 06:36 PM
You go from 2 full universes + 2 stars, to just 2 full universes and suddenly it's the end of days.

-_-;

EDIT: And where is my "I still play regularly." option?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-09-04 16:38 ]</font>

JC10001
Sep 4, 2007, 06:37 PM
All of the above?

lostinseganet
Sep 4, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-09-04 16:20, Rashiid wrote:

How can people figure out those numbers?

lostinseganet
Sep 4, 2007, 06:44 PM
PSU has as much coop as halo 3. Halo 3 will have more gameplay than PSU. For the 360 PSU is gonna lose hard!

Syl
Sep 4, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-09-04 16:32, WOOD7770 wrote:

Well if you honestly believe that then great for you. Search player ads and all of the trade forums. Players at all levels with one thing in common... Quit!

What's with the hostility? I'm simply stating it COULD be a factor, I'm not saying it is applying for every quitter to PSU... geezus

McLaughlin
Sep 4, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-09-04 16:36, Sychosis wrote:
You go from 2 full universes + 2 stars, to just 2 full universes and suddenly it's the end of days.

-_-;

I'm already running to my basement, it being the Apocalypse and all.

omegapirate2k
Sep 4, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-09-04 16:44, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2007-09-04 16:32, WOOD7770 wrote:

What's with the hostility? I'm simply stating it COULD be a factor, I'm not saying it is applying for every quitter to PSU... geezus

Alot of people have "Quitting" in their ads as a way to attract customers because they think that they'll make a killing due to low prices, they usually don't, for the record.

EDIT: And...

On 2007-09-04 16:41, lostinseganet wrote:

On 2007-09-04 16:20, Rashiid wrote:

How can people figure out those numbers?

It's simple, the higher the numbers you see, the more people are joining the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-09-04 16:53 ]</font>

9lotus
Sep 4, 2007, 06:52 PM
I'm not quitting, but if I were, it would be over the stupidly low boss drop rates. In most games I've played, you can expect to get rares often enough from bosses, and not the same garbage healing items/woods over and over again.

Sekani
Sep 4, 2007, 07:36 PM
I still contend that the S-rank droprate has hurt the game more than just about anything else. It's the reason people get burned out so fast, the reason why random parties are an endangered species, the reason why there are more assholes around than normal (or so it seems), and the reason why there are so many homeless people in San Francisco.

Those other games that are more fun than running Plains Overlord for the 256th time probably had something to do with it as well.

Midicronica
Sep 4, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-09-04 17:36, Sekani wrote:
and the reason why there are so many homeless people in San Francisco.

The reason why there are so many homeless in San Francisco is because of the infinite amount smug and people selling their houses to purchase hybrids.

Come on, Sekani!

Jet1337
Sep 4, 2007, 07:40 PM
Me and a lot of my friends quit because:

-This game is fucking boring, especially since day 1.

-Fucking assholes who boot for no reason

-Drop rates might as well not exist or else I'd have a palette full of S-ranks

-Favorism of the Japanese servers (where's our fucking special events???)

-Ridiculous monthly fee (wouldn't complain if there was some fucking content added every week)

-Lack of content (OMG Fireworks and a new drop that doesn't pertain to my class is supposed to make me wanna play even more?!??!?)

-Level cap (I would LOVE to solo these S2's for their drops, but that's impossible at Lvl. 90.)

And those are just a few reasons I can think of right now.

Parn
Sep 4, 2007, 07:41 PM
I just haven't had the drive in playing PSU for awhile now. It'll come back on its own like it always does, but for the time being, I have other games I can play. Probably won't come back until well after I've cleared through Eternal Sonata and have obtained more achievements in Project Sylpheed.

McLaughlin
Sep 4, 2007, 07:41 PM
You can tack it onto whatever you like, but in my opinion, PSU can't hold a candle to the games coming out this fall.

And I started school today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-09-04 17:42 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
It is possible to solo the lv100 areas, actually. It is statistically the best way to get an S rank, besides calling with people you trust.
You're still not going to get anything, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-04 17:42 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Sep 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
theres no "Because it isnt PSO" spot.

omegapirate2k
Sep 4, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-09-04 17:39, Midicronica wrote:

The reason why there are so many homeless in San Francisco is because of the infinite amount smug and people selling their houses to purchase hybrids.

Come on, Sekani!

QFT

_Wolf_
Sep 4, 2007, 07:46 PM
I didnt quit ive been trying Two Worlds and there is also school.

Sekani
Sep 4, 2007, 08:07 PM

Come on, Sekani!

You nub, if they could find an S-rank they could afford a house and TWO hybrids, and we wouldn't have this problem. Stop failing at logic.

WOOD7770
Sep 4, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-09-04 16:46, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

-_-;

Hmn, Sunday there was not even 2 full universes. I looked at Grove of Fanatics... no people. I looked at Seed Awakened... 2 parties 1 full and 1 solo (locked) Ran through Seabed on my way to Foran Waterfall and could not believe my eyes... Fewest people i've seen. No parties ever at Dual Sentinal =( And very few at Foran. No its not the end of the world, but I am thinking the end of this game is near. A very few people with everything and everyone else with nothing. I gave up farming for units when my second character hit 90. My 3rd and 4th are 87, and 86 so I hope we have new content soon.
For all of you who are away because school has started... great job! There are much more important things in life than games.
BTW, I new this topic would be moved to this area. OMG! Bury this one quick before everyone reads it!
It sounds like most people are dissatified with the drop rates and I can definately feel your pain. A B rank unit should not be worth millions at this point of the game and how can we fight our way through the toughest mission in the game for a Gamotite and a [B]Dimate?
Meanwhile, I am looking for good natured people to play with. I would love to say at any level, but I have spent to long woking on my charaters to do anything but S2 missions. Currently I am using my Beast Fighgunner and my Human Protranser. Obviously I am on every day and never cost a party ranking, nor do I ever get the good drops so... lets play!
I do not have a single S rank on any Character but I do my jobs very well. I have been around since the start and have good knowledge. Also I have managed to make some great stuff for friends (Hirokteri, 44% Rabol Cati, 50% Cresaud to name a few).

Mystil
Sep 5, 2007, 01:22 AM
I bet PC/PS2 has no stars from uni1, uni3-uni18 and uni2 with a blank star. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2007-09-04 16:46, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

-_-;

LOL

Luffia
Sep 5, 2007, 08:58 PM
People are leaving because there are just much better games out there, like FFXI, and because 80% of the population of ppl are fckin retards... I am only back on PSU till November when the 4th Expansion for FFXI comes out, but chances are its gonna be much sooner, S ranks dont drop for your life, and when u try to buy an s rank ppl sell it for WAAY fucking more then its worth. For Example I spent 1mil on my Alteric (10), now this has more attack then a Hirokteri, so why the hell do i see ppl selling them on the 360 servers for 10mil +, then having the nerve to call it "cheap"... same thing goes for halarod--- Gaozoran Rod, Psycho Wand, and Kazarod have all been released, much better then Halarod, even Howrod +10 is way better, so why for the love of god are ppl trying to sell them off for 7.5mil... It's rediculous and one of the main reasons ppl are quitting.. with the release of Aoi alot of ingame issues will be fixed, and alot of things will be added to make the experience better, but the one thing the expansion cant fix is the people like that, and those ppl consist of 80% of the total population making the game suck, because they suck. Basically, If you want anything nice in the game, prepair to dedicate 10+ hours spamming the same repeditive mission over and over with no garentee its going to drop.... after awhile it gets old, and you start realising every mission is the same exact thing, just with different surroundings, wich is another reason why ppl are quitting, this game is to repeditive, to keep players hooked they should try new modes of play, or even PvP would be nice. idk so far even Aoi dosnt interest me enough to stay here, ill be back on ffxi soon enough

omegapirate2k
Sep 5, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-09-04 18:07, Sekani wrote:

Come on, Sekani!

You nub, if they could find an S-rank they could afford a house and TWO hybrids, and we wouldn't have this problem. Stop failing at logic.

You missed the point, clearly you didn't read his post.

Powder Keg
Sep 5, 2007, 10:28 PM
A lot of my friends seemed to realize that this game is just going to be a prototype compared to AoI. Not everything was thought through properly, from the small things to things like drop rates and availability of content.

Luffia
Sep 6, 2007, 12:28 AM
Either way, this game was very half-assed in its development, and as it currently stands, it's not worth a monthly fee... Aoi seems to have a nice ring to it,but i doubt it will change the repeditive gameplay. Increased Drop rates and/or 10-11 star boards in npc would be appealing to me, since its been made clear items in Aoi will go to 14 stars, or was it 15? either way with a new 13-15 star arsenal, putting 10-11's in npc cant really hurt.

Revolt2origin
Sep 6, 2007, 12:31 AM
Sad when entertaining threads like this get swept under the rug.

On 2007-09-05 18:58, Luffia wrote:
People are leaving because there are just much better games out there, like FFXI

Originally I was going to play FFXI when it first came out on the 360. But when I heard PSU was coming I thought given that PSO was fairly casual, PSU would be also...

Didn't turn out like that, as ST in their wisdom decided to cater more to the hardcore gamer. Which was a huge miscalculation. They're starting to address things slowly IE decreasing mob speed and changing the death penalty etc and also coming changes in the expansion... But the problem I have with this is, most of this should have been the case from the start due to some form of adequate beta testing (by normal people). Patches are fine, if they're released quickly. But it's been slow happening... And even slower for the 360 version...

I can't help but think if I had played FFXI or some other game instead, I'd have much more of a sense of achievement (IE had fun) by now...
But instead I have a feeling that my time spent playing PSU has been time getting screwed over by time sinks disguised as fun gameplay.

And these updates... Waiting for New S2 Rank Missions which are not really 'new' it's the same thing just with higher level enemies. It's as if this is PSO and we're waiting for ST to finished playing the game offline to unlock the harder version levels for online. How is that new content? Oh and these 'New Co-op Missions', cobbled together missions with the only difference being they have buttons. Wow fascinating!!! Buttons!!! Awesome!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

For heaven's sake, by now there should be a bit more than two Guardians HQ missions. If this had been done right, there could be a lot of fun to be had in this game. It's what I loved in PSO, Today's Rate (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1314) quest in PSO had me in cramping from laughter the first time I played it and it never really got old for me. (Midget Newman female playing with big Male Casts miniaturised, were gold moments.) I thought PSU would have similarly entertaining quests, I did see after all some JP ad showing people screwing around in a Tank online as well as speeder bikes. Sure the controls are awful for them, but still, it would have been something different at least!!!

And now after reading the latest JP PSU update information thread, I really feel like quitting. As it seems they're only now adding what appears to be a rehashed Towards The Future quest. Now I did love that quest in PSO, it was a lot of fun playing as the Dragon... Thing is, if it goes by the current trend, there won't be any controlling of a boss, no no no, that would be fun. No the PSU way will be just... Lots of buttons!!! Yay!!! Because buttons are fun!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Anyway WOOD, I haven't spoken to Tec in awhile, but if he's quit I probably will. The amount us Aussies have to pay for this game is idiotic and I'm not paying it for months if nothing is happening in that time.

WOOD7770
Sep 6, 2007, 12:48 PM
Anyway WOOD, I haven't spoken to Tec in awhile, but if he's quit I probably will. The amount us Aussies have to pay for this game is idiotic and I'm not paying it for months if nothing is happening in that time.

[/quote]

Damnit! Scratch two more? I hope $ega is paying attention to this thread. If they haven't noticed the significant drop in players (new and old) at least think about what people are saying.
It appears they are in a mad scramble to keep the JP players going by events and mission "rebalancing". WTF would they not do ANY of this for us? Are they thinking ahead or waiting til complete meltdown before acting. GD, I was ticked to see this thread get moved to this "Dead Horse Society" but if the moderator wants to turn this into a rant, then so be it!
Stop thinking news about AOI is going to save this game. Fix the problems now and not in 6 months when the expasion finally gets released! (I know you are all thinking November, but go ahead and hold your breath)
Increase the drop rates (a litlle, no a lot). Sponsor or not, bring the cup event NOW! Heck ill give you 10 bucks and you can call it the "WOODsu Cup" Put ALL, I mean ALL B units at the NPC. Icrease success rates on ranged and tec weapons and decrease the striking. Leave armor alone as that is a market that only fools like me delve into. If it is possible, a more refined search option for player stores (get online and shop for Ebon, Vulcaline, Photons and see what I mean) Same 99999999 or above NPC price stores on the short list all day every day. And finally, slap down the elitist pigs that have ruined this game by buying meseta early on and controlled the market ever since (for Gods sake dont post a thread trying to restore a reputation!) How are ultimate PA's that we dont have and lvl 31 skills a "Rare bug"? Its a bug alright and it needs to be slapped down right now.
WAKE UP! If you need help or advisories on what to do, feel free to ask me. The morons that make the decisions in this game don't appear to have a clue.
There you go PSU-world... you wanted a rant, you got one!
P.S. After fighting your way and destroying a lvl 100+ boss... Harnium and [B]Dimate should not be our reward. EVER!