PDA

View Full Version : So where the Hell is everybody? (PS2/PC servers)

pionear
Sep 4, 2007, 08:53 PM
I'm coming back from a two-week break...And since they released the new Hive S2 missions, I figure everyone would be there...

But it was a complete ghost town! Have people abandon this spot already after one weekend?

So where is everyone hanging out at now? And at three stars, there still should be a decent number of people online.

pikachief
Sep 4, 2007, 08:54 PM
idk i just came back but last time i was here there was still haxeta everywhere XD

woot! time to go lvl up a brand new kitty ^.^

Jarek
Sep 4, 2007, 08:57 PM
There were a decent number at Foran waterfall last night. I imagine most HIVE games are just friends looking for S ranks (like everywhere else really), so most will be locked.

omegapirate2k
Sep 4, 2007, 09:08 PM
On 2007-09-04 18:54, pikachief wrote:
woot! time to go lvl up a brand new kitty ^.^

say goodbye to universe 5 >_>

pionear
Sep 4, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-09-04 18:57, psobsesser wrote:
There were a decent number at Foran waterfall last night. I imagine most HIVE games are just friends looking for S ranks (like everywhere else really), so most will be locked.

Dude, I was just there like 30min ago...And at the Fulks Boss Mission, there were NO parties playing it at all.

I'll guess I'll have to check at that new Party mission over at Dual Sentinel....

Vyre
Sep 4, 2007, 10:59 PM
The majority are split between the Foran falls mission and the Kego hot springs mission still as far as I could tell. Usually 10-15 parties and atleast 30 people in the lobby area of the falls. the hot springs somewhat the same earlier today. everyone else is doing what they have been heh

stukasa
Sep 4, 2007, 11:09 PM
Yep, most of the people on my contact list are playing the new De Ragnus mission at Foran waterfall. ^.^

Powder Keg
Sep 4, 2007, 11:13 PM
How are there 0 teams in DF?? Did this mission just NOT come out? >_>

What the hell.....

BlackHat
Sep 4, 2007, 11:31 PM
Bit of an off-topic thing, but why are people at DS?

Zorafim
Sep 4, 2007, 11:38 PM
It's hard as **** (By "hard", I mean the enemy stats are boosted so that it's unforgiving. You don't use or require any more skill than usual), and the exp rewards are quite noticeable. Good for leveling up, but really, there are less agitating places to level.

Oh wait, no there's not. Nobody is there to level with you!

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2007, 11:43 PM
Is it really that bad? I saw something the other day about the Gaozoran's Foie being a OHKO...I hope to god that's not true, because my Daggs are there...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Powder Keg
Sep 4, 2007, 11:45 PM
No, it hurts like hell, but it won't kill you in one shot.

If you ask me, the Vitance's triple foie is far more annoying.

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 5, 2007, 12:01 AM
From what I've noticed, yeah..most people are at the waterfall, doing the Duel mission. I've been going there for the past three days and it has been PACKED every time I go there..from afternoons to evenings.

As far the new S2 Fakis mission, well..I'm not a high enough level to even try that yet, so I haven't bothered to check the population for it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gen2000
Sep 5, 2007, 12:43 AM
Foran Waterfalls is the last hotspot until they release Fakis co-op or some event (lawl). The problem with Hive S2s is the level 85 requirement (which imo is somewhat unnecessary, the mission isn't that hard with a solid party) and the mission itself is generally just "too long" compared to other missions for full completion...however this time the payout is actually good but people don't like long missions I guess. The upcoming Fakis co-op is said to only take like 12min to complete. Like mentioned before the only games you'll see at HIVE S2s now are those just hunting rares.

Dual in the Ruins isn't that much better with S2 having a lv.80 requirement but the MP/meseta difference between S and S2 rank is nearly the same so you'll see quite a few S2-able players still doing Srank with other players. The mission itself is very short, taking only like 10-15min to complete. Plus Jaggo hunters are easily attracted there since it's the easiest spot in the game to find them.

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2007, 01:02 AM
Why is it easier to find jaggos here than in other places?

stukasa
Sep 5, 2007, 01:05 AM
On 2007-09-04 23:02, Zorafim wrote:
Why is it easier to find jaggos here than in other places?

You can tell almost right away if you have the right map or not. There's a shortcut to B2 and you can usually get there in just a couple minutes. I got three Jaggo spawns in an hour doing C rank runs, an all time record for me (next best is 2 in an hour at CB).

P.S. - You need two people to use the shortcut to B2.

P.P.S. - 100 posts, yay me? Whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stukasa on 2007-09-04 23:11 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2007, 01:13 AM
Wow, well, great! Those guys need all the help possible to find. Shame there's no real reason to hunt them at the moment...

ryvius
Sep 5, 2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I'm really waiting til they get rid of them and I can go look for a bullet save.. :/

Raven5_1
Sep 5, 2007, 02:47 AM
gah, i still havent got a bico or fireworks.

-Ryuki-
Sep 5, 2007, 02:53 AM
I can tell you where everyone's at, simply stating one planet.

Parum.

Kylie
Sep 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
I guess people are just scared of DF on S2... Honestly, I have to say that I'm a bit scared of him as a little beast forte techer 5 at the moment. I want to wait until I'm higher to play this more because I die literally every time I get hit by anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I swear I keep going there, stare at the door, and turn around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-09-05 07:38 ]</font>

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 5, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-09-04 21:13, Artea wrote:
How are there 0 teams in DF?? Did this mission just NOT come out? >_>

What the hell.....

>.> Yeah,it happens.

OldCoot
Sep 5, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-09-04 22:43, Gen2000 wrote:
Foran Waterfalls is the last hotspot until they release Fakis co-op or some event (lawl). The problem with Hive S2s is the level 85 requirement (which imo is somewhat unnecessary, the mission isn't that hard with a solid party) and the mission itself is generally just "too long" compared to other missions for full completion...however this time the payout is actually good but people don't like long missions I guess. The upcoming Fakis co-op is said to only take like 12min to complete. Like mentioned before the only games you'll see at HIVE S2s now are those just hunting rares.

I agree with you. The mission is just way to long to get to the end, fight the long boss battle to find nothing but blue drops from the boxes. I think the only red we received from the boxes in two runs was Kubara Wood. You can't convince very many people to run that mission when you could easily hit one of the other runs in the game.

Jakosifer
Sep 5, 2007, 11:04 AM
On 2007-09-05 00:53, RyukiZero wrote:
I can tell you where everyone's at, simply stating one planet.

Parum.

lol Parum always ends up getting all the attention in the end... =/

60Hz
Sep 5, 2007, 11:40 AM
Hmm we were running DF S2 in about 35 minutes - man those were good runs! (shouts to serran, maika, milka and a couple of other folks who's name escapes me!) But it is hard and i would only do it with a solid team - and i mean a team of outright killers...KILLERS!

Everyone is at HSM (Neu guardian), Falls - this is ALWAYS packed, and to a lesser extent hot springs...

eightball
Sep 5, 2007, 11:46 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eightball on 2007-09-05 10:05 ]</font>

Cracka_J
Sep 5, 2007, 12:52 PM
It's getting to the point where finding any unlocked s2 team is like finding a needle in a haystack. The game feels like it's on life support until aoi hits. If you don't have some kind of consistent team or party to run with, things get boring quick.

And ya, foran is the hotspot currently and you can sometimes find a couple open games there, but good luck finding a party full of people that aren't idiots. I've yet to run with a decent random team there where people aren't afking/slacking/sending 5 people to do the gate (lol), etc.